Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,150,006 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reasonable complaints.

Biggest one for me is, we're supposed to believe Gendry ran back down the wall, a raven flew down to Dragonstone, and Dany flew up on her dragons, all in a matter of TWO DAYS?

That's a month's travel time on the ground.
Deputy Travis Junior
Carl Underguard said:

I'm holding out hope that things will be radically different in the books, or at least developed better.
He's never going to finish the books. We MIGHT get WoW, but that's it.
Ags4DaWin
annie88 said:

Well, I'm sorry for being so ugly too.

Good points. We'll see what happens. I do like the Danyeris and if she ends up being the queen so be it. Hollywood just seems on a push recently against certain things and more for others but probably not fair for me to interject that here.

Maybe she and John won't end up being related and they can get married, who knows. King and queen maybe? Well maybe not but who knows where it goes from here.

One of two things has to happen. Dany keeps talking about breaking the wheel and freeing people. How succession was going to be chosen after she is queen was brought up this episode, since she is physically unable to have children. Both of these facts point to either Dany appointing a more democratic form of government or having to appoint a direct successor.

In contrast, John actually has the best claim to the throne. Rhaegar was actually married to Liana at the time of his birth, and as Thaegar's son his claim supersedes Dany's.

Also they appear to be getting romantic...Targaryeons are notorious for marrying other Tragaryeons so while marrying his aunt would be icky it would fit with the whole Tragaryeon dynasty thing. Although the whole Dany not being able to have kids still throws a wrinkle into the whole succession thing, which would still open up the window to bringing in a democratic succession. Tyrion was already alluding to the fact that changing society in Westeros was going to be a process that took more than Dany's lifetime. So Dany and John marrying, not having kids, and passing rule on to a council would make sense and fit with the foreshadowing.
merc
AG
I'm not sure I like the pacing but it's entertaining. Team Davos.
mazzag
AG
annie88 said:

Well, I'm sorry for being so ugly too.

Good points. We'll see what happens. I do like the Danyeris and if she ends up being the queen so be it. Hollywood just seems on a push recently against certain things and more for others but probably not fair for me to interject that here.

Maybe she and John won't end up being related and they can get married, who knows. King and queen maybe? Well maybe not but who knows where it goes from here.

They are related and cersi has paved the way for the masses to accept incess again. But Jon will not rule from KL. No one from the north trusts kl.
bangobango
AG
BowSowy said:

I've always been the one who calls out people complaining about traveling timelines, but this episode just went so far beyond ridiculous

"Dragons, resurrection, face changing, yada yada yada and you are getting hung up on travel time?"

I do that right?
MaroonStain
AG
Awsome episode! Incredible.

So many questions...
DannyDuberstein
AG
I keep going back and forth on whether anyone other than Bran ever learns the truth about Jon.
Seven Costanza
AG
When the zombies were pulling the dragon out of the water, it would have been nice to have the ice break a little more and the dragon sink back into the water while the white walker guy threw his hands up in the air saying "F***! I told you this wasn't going to work." Gotta give those white walkers some more personality.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Benjin didn't go with John because he can't cross the wall due to the magic. He half white walker. He mentioned that when he explained why he didn't go with bran.
annie88
AG
Wait a minute.

Maybe Danny becomes the queen and since Jon is supposedly her nephew she puts him in the line of succession after her sent she can never have children. Maybe she fights off her romantic feelings for him until she learns he's her nephew. And then she kind a blames the feelings on her actually being family and sort of maternal?

Unless they go the whole romantic angle.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And his ass would swell up like a baboon's.
PatAg
AG
annie88 said:

Wait a minute.

Maybe Danny becomes the queen and since Jon is supposedly her nephew she puts him in the line of succession after her sent she can never have children. Maybe she fights off her romantic feelings for him until she learns he's her nephew. And then she kind a blames the feelings on her actually being family and sort of maternal?

you havent been paying attention
Post removed:
by user
annie88
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Benjin didn't go with John because he can't cross the wall due to the magic. He half white walker. He mentioned that when he explained why he didn't go with bran.
He all white walker now.
MaroonStain
AG
Seven Costanza said:

When the zombies were pulling the dragon out of the water, it would have been nice to have the ice break a little more and the dragon sink back into the water while the white walker guy threw his hands up in the air saying "F***! I told you this wasn't going to work." Gotta give those white walkers some more personality.

I am pretty sure that the WW SEAL team gave the go-ahead when they completed the chain rigging.

Will the ice dragon blow shards of ice or ice vapor?
annie88
AG
PatAg said:

annie88 said:

Wait a minute.

What part? I thought the annulment mentioned last week was of Rhagar? That didn't mean that he had legally married Leanna? Did I misunderstand that? I thought Jon was her nephew but maybe I'm wrong. And I'll respectfully ask you just to please explain it and not be condescending. People can get so rude on here. I have seen the entire series but it doesn't mean that I remember every single part clearly.
DannyDuberstein
AG
(To Annie)
It also mentioned a secret marriage on Dorne. He's the rightful heir, not her. Rhaegar was the oldest male and Jon is his legitimate male heir. That puts him before Rhaegar's little sis.
AggieRob93
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

I think her giving the catspaw to Sansa was a signal. They both know little finger can't be trusted and in the trailer for the first episode of the season one of them (I forget but it was either Sansa or Arya) says "the lone wolf dies but the pack survives".

My money is they are letting out some rope so little finger can hang himself.

I agree. They have to appear to be at each other's throat to have LF fall into the trap, else all of those who he has spying and listening will report back to him. Part of the reason Brienne was ordered to go to King's Landing is to further set the hook in LF.
annie88
AG
Pignorant said:

Ned & Robb Stark did not die for this bs going on at Winterfell.
Apparently they did unless the girls can snap out of it
Ags4DaWin
They are playing Little finger and giving him just enough rope to hang himself. GoT is not a WB show where everyone regresses just to create drama. Arya giving Sansa the catspaw had a lot more meaning than just "hey here's a dagger." I am thinking Sansa is going to use it on him when they confront LF, while Arya uses needle. They both need to be armed when they confront him and Arya already has needle.

The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
mazzag
AG
The annulment and marriage followed. All happened same day
PatAg
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

They are playing Little finger and giving him just enough rope to hang himself. GoT is not a WB show where everyone regresses just to create drama. Arya giving Sansa the catspaw had a lot more meaning than just "hey here's a dagger." The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
It could also be "I dont need this dagger to kill you, in fact I am so sure of my ability to kill you, take it" ?
annie88
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He's the rightful heir, not her. Rhaegar was the oldest male and Jon is his legitimate male heir. That puts him before Rhaegar's little sis.
That's true. But since neither one of them know that yet and he has pledged his loyalty to her at this point, it will be interesting how this turns out.
The Dog Lord
AG
Makes sense that this could be the ultimate direction they take. The whole issue with the monarch system is that you'll never have an unbroken line of great rulers. The two groups Tyrion mentioned (NW and Ironborn) just so happen to have an election as well (although the IB have a monarch, just an elected one).
MaroonStain
AG
Sasappis said:

I am pretty pissed at this point. This episode drove things into the ditch on a couple of different things.

First, the damn travel time of a raven from Eastwatch to Dragonstone and then the flight time from Dragonstone back north of the wall is the matter of a few hours? I can let most of the timeline stuff go because the idea is that multiple story-lines are taking place at different places. This is one story line that was linear and completely unbelievable.

Next, the bit with the chain. Where the hell did the dead get that type of chain and hook up a ****ing dragon at the bottom of a frozen lake?

Also, Jon's frozen ass not getting laid is a bit annoying.

But the biggest thing I am pissed about is this crap with Arya and Sansa. Both characters have developed so much that the idea that they have fallen back into their childish petty fights is annoying. There might be a payoff next week if they actually pull their head out of their ass and talk like adults but at this point it is one of the most disappointing plot developments of the entire series.

I hated Sansa in book one and I beginning to hate her even more at this point. Arya has been one of my favorite characters in the book but I would rather her die than this crap continue into next season.

Salient points and I had the same thoughts.

MVP of the episode is definitely between NK, Gendry and the Lightning Raven of Eastwatch!
annie88
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

I think her giving the catspaw to Sansa was a signal. They both know little finger can't be trusted and in the trailer for the first episode of the season one of them (I forget but it was either Sansa or Arya) says "the lone wolf dies but the pack survives".

My money is they are letting out some rope so little finger can hang himself.

I agree. They have to appear to be at each other's throat to have LF fall into the trap, else all of those who he has spying and listening will report back to him. Part of the reason Brienne was ordered to go to King's Landing is to further set the hook in LF.
It could be but Sansa seems truly freaked out. She seems truly scared that that note will do her in. Unless she knows that little finger has been spying on her the whole time.
mazzag
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

They are playing Little finger and giving him just enough rope to hang himself. GoT is not a WB show where everyone regresses just to create drama. Arya giving Sansa the catspaw had a lot more meaning than just "hey here's a dagger." I am thinking Sansa is going to use it on him when they confront LF, while Arya uses needle. They both need to be armed when they confront him and Arya already has needle.

The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

Little finger is playing them. And it's 1/2 worked. Brienne is leaving so she won't be around to pick sides of her oath to Lady Stark...
Gangnam Style
AG
PatAg said:

annie88 said:

Wait a minute.

psst they're going to bang
AgLaw
AG
Gangnam Style said:

PatAg said:

annie88 said:

Wait a minute.

psst they're going to bang

With how fast Jon shut it down to fake sleep mode, I thought maybe they had banged.
Ags4DaWin
Sansa's development up to this point was all so that she could be see through other people's manipulations. Arya' was so that she would be less hot headed and more disciplined.

If they go back to squabbling the way they did when they were children then their entire character arcs for the past 5 seasons are meaningless. GoT has better writing than that.
Post removed:
by user
PatAg
AG
agreed, it SHOULD be better than that.
Ags4DaWin
Wrong. Sansa knows how dangerous LF is. She has repeatedly said as much the past two seasons. There is no way she orders her most loyal protector to leave her side when "no one can keep her safe" as she has also repeatedly said unless she has a plan in place. This entire season is about the various good characters which have been scattered and developed so that they can fulfill their role in the war for the dawn reuniting or uniting under one common cause.

The rest of the season has been a set up for the various villains to get their come uppance. Cersei and LF included.
jenn96
AG
I really think Arya is testing Sansa. Sansa knows how much Arya has changed - her training, the faces, how scary she is, etc. Evdn without knowing the details, it's just obvious. But Arya doesn't know that Sansa has changed all that much from a frivolous, selfish girl who believes in the honor of knights and wants to be a queen. So she wants to see what Sansa does with her back against the wall.

I hope. Because the childish squabbling is completely unbearable otherwise.
First Page Last Page
Page 167 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.