Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,149,337 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RDV-1992 said:

WestAustinAg said:

CapCityAg89 said:

The last two pages of this thread are awesome!!
If you like a bunch of nerds trying to impress each other...yes then you're right,..
Says the nerd trying to impress another nerd with how clever he is.
JCRiley09
AG
There was one possibly spoiler on this thread this week and if turns out to be true, I'm done with you people.
Bregxit
AG
JCRiley09 said:

There was one possibly spoiler on this thread this week and if turns out to be true, I'm done with you people.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sunday!
wangus12
AG
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Only 1 episode left after tonight
TheVarian
AG
chipotle
JCRiley09 said:

Tell Cersai I want her to know it was me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watching this and getting HYPE AF.

wangus12
AG
We must prepare for The Long Night
CapCityAg89
AG
wangus12 said:

We must prepare for The Long Night

I'm still in denial stage. STFU.
dc509
AG
My wife in binge watching to catch up. Something I'm interested in if GRRM ever writes the next two books is the high sparrow. He was interesting in the show, but you know next to nothing about him outside of one short conversation with Margery Tyrell.
Ogre09
AG
WoMD
dc509 said:

He was interesting in the show,

For a few minutes, perhaps. But IMO his arc got old real fast, and I was pretty happy when he blew up so that the story could finally move on.
Carl Underguard
AG
I absolutely hated the High Sparrow. Different strokes for different folks, eh?
CapCityAg89
AG
WoMD said:

dc509 said:

For a few minutes, perhaps. But IMO his arc got old real fast, and I was pretty happy when he blew up so that the story could finally move on.

I agree with this. The show dramatically overpowered the HS.
Stive
AG
So rather than who you think will die, who do you hope doesn't die north of the wall tonight (besides Jon who isn't going anywhere)?

I could not care less about:
Gendry
Beric
Thoros
Jorah

Don't want to die:
Hound
Tormund

RDV-1992
In the books, it is speculated that the High Sparrow is Howland Reed on an undercover mission to take down the Lannisters. No idea if that's true or not, but it certainly isn't the craziest fan theory floating around out there.
WoMD
CapCityAg89 said:

WoMD said:

dc509 said:

I agree with this. The show dramatically overpowered the HS.

Felt like a huge waste of time. Served purely to set up an opportunity for Cersei to go on an insane destructive rampage and allow her to take over the throne completely. I'm sure there woulda been other (more interesting) ways to go about doing this, but making the HS and his minions into such a huge part of the plot line for so long felt like a lot of nothing for hours on end.

Their death scene was pretty bad ass at least. Almost made up for hours and hours of what amounted to wasted time.
wangus12
AG
Tormund, Jon and the Hound are possibly the only characters I want to survive the entire series at this point
WoMD
RDV-1992 said:

In the books, it is speculated that the High Sparrow is Howland Reed on an undercover mission to take down the Lannisters. No idea if that's true or not, but it certainly isn't the craziest fan theory floating around out there.

What happens in the books will remain unconfirmed speculation...
Post removed:
by user
chase128
AG
Stive said:

So rather than who you think will die, who do you hope doesn't die north of the wall tonight (besides Jon who isn't going anywhere)?

Gendry
Beric
Thoros
Jorah

Don't want to die:
Hound
Tormund

I'm with you on this.

So that totally means they're gonna die and we'll be stuck with friendzone Jorah mopin' about.
Goose06
AG
Stive said:

Gendry
Beric
Thoros
Jorah

Don't want to die:
Hound
Tormund

in order of most likely to least likely to die I'd rank them:

Jorah
Tormund
Hound
Thoros
Beric
Gendry
Jon

In order of who I hope lives:

Jon
Hound
Tormund
Gendry
Jorah
Beric
Thoros

I just can't see them killing gendry right after bringing him back.
DannyDuberstein
AG
JCRiley09 said:

You're referring to my dragonglass buttplug post, aten't you?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
It certainly feels like someone is going to die tonight... But I feel like most of the group can be eliminated from being killed tonight, from a plot-based view of things:

-Gendry: He just came back. If he were a ******* of anyone but a Baratheon I'd say yeah sure he's on the chopping block. But there's way too much riding on *******s' blood these days. He's got more story left in him. SAFE

-Jorah: Considering how often he seems to get his ass kicked since the slave pits of Meereen, and having already come back from a terminal illness, it seems like this cat would be out of lives by now. But the farewell on Dragonstone just didn't seem like a forever farewell. Jorah will return to be a weird clingy cockblock to Jon. SAFE

-Hound: Too beloved, too good of a fighter, too much story of redemption left to tell since this is just a heist, presumably not the final battle with the Others. SAFE

-Jon: SAFE

Here's where it gets dicey:

-Beric: It really seems like there's story left to tell with him, though a big showdown with the Others seems like a heroic way someone like him could die. And he certainly seems to long for death at this point in his lives, otherwise why would he be heading straight at the WW? Still... Probably SAFE

-Thoros: This is really the one character I don't see having much purpose going forward, unless we learn something new about the Lord of Light and a possible connection to defeating the Others. Obviously, he can bring Beric (maybe others?) back to life. But to use that gimmick at this point in the show when the plot is moving so fast... eh, it's hard to see them going to that well again. Plus, someone like Thoros dying raises the stakes so Beric would be on his last life for real. HE DEAD?

-Tormund: I've never really believed the show was going to actually get Tormund and Brienne together, and without something to make me feel like he has some storyline other than "wants to help beat the WW," I've just had a bad feeling about Tormund all season and don't think he makes it back south of the Wall. HE DEAD
Carl Underguard
So pumped for tonight but I'm going to be extremely sad knowing there's only one more episode left until next year
Post removed:
by user
Can someone explain to me why people dislike Jorah? He's a cool dude. I guess it's because I know exactly what it feels like to be in the friend's zone with someone you really really like
InspectionAg
AG
I think Beric dies saving Jon, and thoros dies in a similar way. That's what his purpose from the Lord of Light was.

Tormund is far more likeable to the audience, but nobody knows where his story is going so I'm betting he dies to give the deaths an emotional weight.
wangus12
AG
Sasappis said:

To keep with the show theme a major/significant character needs to die. I would assume jorah dies. Probably Thurmond as well.
Yeah but that becomes harder to do now with only 8 episodes left in the series. Can't go killing everyone off or there'll be no one left before the end. No time to replace characters with more characters and they keep saying the episodes next year will be really long. Gotta keep some of them around
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
#1 said:

So pumped for tonight but I'm going to be extremely sad knowing there's only one more episode left until next year

Could be worse, could be 2019 until we see the finale
The Dog Lord
AG
Meanwhile, the Unsullied must be rowing back to Dragonstone in Gendry's old boat. I guess it will only take them 4 episodes instead of 4 seasons though according to the new travel patterns.
TXAG14
TheVarian said:

SIAP. The map of how far Jon traveled vs the White Walkers in the same period of time.

First Page Last Page
Page 162 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.