Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,447 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

MW03 said:

- The House Greyjoy makes 1000 ships and sails to Westeros

This part bothered me some - Theon and Yara stole all the best ships and gave them to Dany. According to Euron, the Iron Islands are a bunch of rocks full of bird **** and ugly people. Where would they get the resources to build "the greatest fleet Westeros has ever known" and the people to crew them?

I don't know why but for some reason in a show full of unbelievable things that broke my suspension of disbelief.
I agree with this. At best, from the time Theon and Yarra stole the Iron Fleet, sailed to Mereen, and then headed back to Westeros could only be a month of so, tops? Maybe more. It would take the Iron Born years to build 1000 ships. Oh well.

It makes sense to me that they kept Yarra and Theon in the story as they have been significant characters and having them deliver ships to Dany and join her cause gives them a great way to end the arc later. Keeping Euron in the story kind of baffled me (for the need to do it) when you consider all the other minor arcs HBO omitted or combined. So my theory as to why Euron is even there is this. Dany seemingly has a completely invincible army and armada. Unsullied, 70k Dothraki, dragons. I think they are going to use Euron to essentially "slow her down" some such the other arcs have time to play out. Can't think of any other significant reason to keep the Iron born story alive than that.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Urban Ag said:

Jason_Ag98 said:

MW03 said:

This part bothered me some - Theon and Yara stole all the best ships and gave them to Dany. According to Euron, the Iron Islands are a bunch of rocks full of bird **** and ugly people. Where would they get the resources to build "the greatest fleet Westeros has ever known" and the people to crew them?

I don't know why but for some reason in a show full of unbelievable things that broke my suspension of disbelief.
I agree with this. At best, from the time Theon and Yarra stole the Iron Fleet, sailed to Mereen, and then headed back to Westeros could only be a month of so, tops? Maybe more. It would take the Iron Born years to build 1000 ships. Oh well.

It makes sense to me that they kept Yarra and Theon in the story as they have been significant characters and having them deliver ships to Dany and join her cause gives them a great way to end the arc later. Keeping Euron in the story kind of baffled me (for the need to do it) when you consider all the other minor arcs HBO omitted or combined. So my theory as to why Euron is even there is this. Dany seemingly has a completely invincible army and armada. Unsullied, 70k Dothraki, dragons. I think they are going to use Euron to essentially "slow her down" some such the other arcs have time to play out. Can't think of any other significant reason to keep the Iron born story alive than that.
Not to mention that if his gift to Cersi is Dragonbinder that would allow him to potentiality do a lot more than just slow Dany down. That gift makes a lot more sense to me than Tyrion's head, which I've seen thrown around on Reddit and other media.
BowSowy
AG
I think Euron exists for exactly why we saw him this week - to give Cersei an ally and make it so that the other groups can't completely ignore the actual ruler of the 7 Kingdoms.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Urban Ag said:

Jason_Ag98 said:

MW03 said:

Not to mention that if his gift to Cersi is Dragonbinder that would allow him to potentiality do a lot more than just slow Dany down. Personally, that gift makes a lot more sense to me than Tyrion's head, which I've seen thrown around on Reddit and other media.

I think if they wanted to go that route they should have introduced it back in the last season during the Kingsmoot. It will seem awfully convenient if he all of the sudden has it and had never mentioned it before.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

to be fair re: Euron....when Yara and Theon absconded with the ships what was said was "they took all your best ships" or something to that effect. they did not have the entire Iron Islands on their side in terms of people and therefore could only take as many as they had crew for. It was about 100 ships according to Tyrion when they discussed it with Dany.

So if he had 1000 ships before (maybe) and they took 100...then they might have built 100 more in those few months and still have 1000 total.

Capitol Ag
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

Dan 07 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

clinker03 said:

TX_AG_10 said:

Agreed, and like you said, Sam knows that too.. hence why he's taking things into his own hands. He can't afford to wait to become a maester because it will be too late.
I agree. He knew he didn't have much time, so after his conversation with the AM didn't produce any results he stole the keys and "borrowed" the books to take home. The unknown for me is was that his whole purpose in going to the Citadel - just to steal the books and find out that Dragonstone has a crap ton of dragon glass underneath it, or will his storyline there continue and will he help cure Jorah or find some more helpful info on how to kill WW's.

This is a screen grab from reddit, and it's kind of hard to read and get all the info, but this book Sam has mentions dragonglass and a cure for something, because of the work some guy was doing on illnesses and disease.

Could be a red herring or it could all tie in together.

The timing might be way off, but Stannis formerly occupied Dragonstone and at some point his daughter was cured. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

Yes, I think it's pretty clear that dragon glass will be a component of the cure for grey scale. It has to be the reason sheeren lived.
Well, they make a point to have Stannis claim that he wasn't sure how his daughter was healed. If they were at Dragonstone, this would be a very logical explanation. Was it the Red Woman who healed the girl or someone Stannis had brought in? I seem to remember it was a person Stannis had brought to the castle to heal her and not the Red Woman, but cannot remember.

On a side note, how did the Hound survive his battle with Bienne? Who saved him and how?
SeattleAgJr
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Not to mention that if his gift to Cersi is Dragonbinder that would allow him to potentiality do a lot more than just slow Dany down. That gift makes a lot more sense to me than Tyrion's head, which I've seen thrown around on Reddit and other media.

In the books. That is not the direction they are going in the TV series.
SeattleAgJr
Sasappis said:

My prediction is the flash forward vision was the night king attacking east watch which will fall in the final episode of this season (or maybe #6).

They will advance south of the wall and the game will forever change.
or it was a present day vision, and it takes a hell of a long time for zombies to march a long distance.
SeattleAgJr
Zombie Jon Snow said:

just to throw some fuel on the fire of the Wun Wun debate...

Ian Whyte was credited at the end of the episode - he played Wun Wun in season 5 and 6.

Although he has played other giants (Dongo) and the Mountain and a WW.

It was not Wun Wun.
dc509
AG
Two characters that I'm interested to see emerge and reemerge.

1. Howland Reed - There's just no way he doesn't bring something significant to the table. If he doesn't then he is an enormous waste of a damn good build up.

2. Gendry - This one is just mostly to see if a fan theory is correct. George RR was asked in an interview in 2003 (or close) if Gendry was trained to work with valerian steel. His answer was something along the lines of "isn't that an interesting question." Someone is going to have to work with the valerian steel needed to stop the Night King. He's Robert's last remaining son, and a blacksmith trained by a smith who knew how to work with the stuff. Who makes the sword is ultimately not of great significance, but I'm intrigued.
Stive
AG
The guy (Al Swearengen) that he was hanging out with last season that was building a building. Then the group got killed by the Brotherhood bad guys that Thoros and Beric were in the process of hanging when the hound found them. There's a conversation that he and that character have where the character mentions finding him and barely saving him.
Urban Ag
AG
I really hope they don't do that.

The dragon horn, or whatever it was called in the books, was well explained via Victarian and Victarian's intent to use it and why was made clear in ADWD. For Euron to just whip it out of his bag of tricks, here is the last two seasons (only 12 episodes) seems like a huge leap. For a relatively obscure character who only entered the mix last season to posses a device to powerful as to completely change the landscape like that, at this stage, seems cheesy to me.

I really hope Euron's story is just to cause havoc for Dany while the other arcs play out.
dc509
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Urban Ag said:

Jason_Ag98 said:

MW03 said:

Not to mention that if his gift to Cersi is Dragonbinder that would allow him to potentiality do a lot more than just slow Dany down. Personally, that gift makes a lot more sense to me than Tyrion's head, which I've seen thrown around on Reddit and other media.

I think if they wanted to go that route they should have introduced it back in the last season during the Kingsmoot. It will seem awfully convenient if he all of the sudden has it and had never mentioned it before.

I think that's what it is. I don't think he has it like in the books, but I think he know where it is and that's where he headed.
Urban Ag
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Sasappis said:

My prediction is the flash forward vision was the night king attacking east watch which will fall in the final episode of this season (or maybe #6).

They will advance south of the wall and the game will forever change.
or it was a present day vision, and it takes a hell of a long time for zombies to march a long distance.
Well that depends doesn't it? At Blood Raven's Weirwood pad and at Hardhome the normally stumbling along wights seem to have morphed in to 28 Days Later type wights.
OnlyForNow
AG
Any time they are under command or control of a WW they have a purpose and aren't "wandering" zombies.
Killin Me Smalls
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
My theory is that Euron's gift(s) to Cersei will be the head or heads of the Sand Snakes. Vengence for killing Myrcella and helps eliminate that atrocious Dorne plot line at the very least.
----------------------------------------------------------
America's destiny is not of our own choosing. We did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on our freedom and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil. Yet the true measure of a people's strength is how they rise to master that moment when it does arrive.
aggie7911
Ah I see thank you
OnlyForNow
AG
Not a bad thought, and works in multiple ways. Keeps their mother alive to keep Dorne moving forward, but stops the ridiculousness.
Stive
AG
If that's the case, can we have him just kill the two not so hot ones and leave the hot one alive to fight another day?
Post removed:
by user
G Martin 87
AG
BTW, the High Valyrian Duolingo course was released in beta a few days ago.

https://incubator.duolingo.com/courses/hv/en/status

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.romper.com/p/reactions-to-eurons-new-look-on-game-of-thrones-show-his-makeover-made-impact-70596

I like "rejected member of The Killers".
DannyDuberstein
AG
General Zod fronting an emo band
AG
Stive said:

If that's the case, can we have him just kill the two not so hot ones and leave the hot one alive to fight another day?
i'll second that. But i really think it will help clean things up. What point does Dorne serve at this point anyway? Other than some really bad acting and a nice set of teets?
America's destiny is not of our own choosing. We did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on our freedom and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil. Yet the true measure of a people's strength is how they rise to master that moment when it does arrive.
Belton Ag
AG
Independent George said:

Little Fingers acknowledges his only weapon is knowledge. I feel like he has connected the dots on Jon and is waiting for the right moment to capitalize on his information.

The houses support Jon because he has Ned's blood running through his veins and that was good enough for them to declare him a stark. They make a point of mentioning it.

Will they still feel the same way about the "king in the norf" if his blood is Targ. (albeit also stark from Lyanna).

Unlikely but I can't think of what else he has plans for? Aside from trying to play Sansa and Jon against one another.
I just don't know how he could connect the dots as there are no dots to connect. Before Bran finds out, the only people that know Jon's lineage are Howland Reed and Ned Stark, right? Not even Catelyn Stark knew the truth that I can remember.
ham98
The tv writing for Dorne sucks so badly compared to the books. The Doran Martell of the books was a long game player of the game of thrones.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think some exposure to fire is going to end up playing a role in revealing the truth about Jon -> ie. he's going to get engulfed and end up walking of it like Danny did.
AG
ham98 said:

The tv writing for Dorne sucks so badly compared to the books. The Doran Martell of the books was a long game player of the game of thrones.
oh i know. I'm a book reader here, so nothing upsets me more than the way D&D have butchered the Dorne arc. i was just speaking in terms of the show. Prince Doran and Areo Hotah were butchered in the show (literally and figuratively)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

TX_AG_10 said:

This was a good episode overall, but to me it just felt different. I can't really put a (little)finger on it but it didn't seem like your usual episodes from the past. Is Season 7 the first time they are veering from the books, or was that last season? I think one of the strangest things to me was the poop cut scene. I can't recall having a light hearted/humorous scene like that in the past seasons. (I also don't have the best memory)
There were a lot more jokes/light hearted-ness in this episode.

""No need to seize the last word Lord Baelish, I will assume it was something clever."

""So here I am with 1000 ships and two good hands."

"I'm queen on the Seven Kingdoms."
"Well... 3 tops."

"You're not fooling anyone with that top knot, ya bald ****"

"You killed your brother"
"You should try it sometime"
Urban Ag
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I think some exposure to fire is going to end up playing a role in revealing the truth about Jon -> ie. he's going to get engulfed and end up walking of it like Danny did.
Jon spent a good deal of Book 1 and 2 healing his hand that was severely burned when the wight attacked Mormont.

I think Dany has to be one of a kind in this regard.
Urban Ag
AG
The only thing thing relevant about Dorne at this point, and the same can be basically said for Highgarten, is their armies are supporting Dany. That's it.
Sapper Redux
Belton Ag said:

Independent George said:

Little Fingers acknowledges his only weapon is knowledge. I feel like he has connected the dots on Jon and is waiting for the right moment to capitalize on his information.

The houses support Jon because he has Ned's blood running through his veins and that was good enough for them to declare him a stark. They make a point of mentioning it.

Will they still feel the same way about the "king in the norf" if his blood is Targ. (albeit also stark from Lyanna).

Unlikely but I can't think of what else he has plans for? Aside from trying to play Sansa and Jon against one another.
I just don't know how he could connect the dots as there are no dots to connect. Before Bran finds out, the only people that know Jon's lineage are Howland Reed and Ned Stark, right? Not even Catelyn Stark knew the truth that I can remember.
And the women attending Lyanna. It's not impossible for Little Finger to deduce that Jon is not Ned Stark's child. He was obsessed with Cat Stark. It wouldn't be unusual for him to do a little research on Ned and how he wound up with a ******* if he thought it might benefit his position.
SeattleAgJr
DannyDuberstein said:

nah.

GRRM has stated there is nothing special re: Targs and fire, and that Dany's egg hatching event was a one-time-only type thing.

The TV show has taken liberties with that re: the Dothraki hut.
Sapper Redux
Just read an article noting that Sansa's hair was done in Cersi's style before her head was shaved. Foreshadowing?

Also, this discussion about Euron's gift is ignoring the episode three description:

"Cersi returns a gift."
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.