Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,149,336 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Inspector Spacetime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

MaroonStain said:

boboguitar said:

Champ Bailey said:

Who's story arc are you looking forward to this upcoming season?

Bron. Last season needed more of him.
My ranking of the Top 3 dialogues in the show:

1) Viserys / Tyrion
2) Cersei / Tyrion
3) Bronn / Tyrion

It was a long time ago but Arya/Tywin was amazing and by far the best change from the books (and I actually think the show has made a lot of positive changes from the books).
This x1000. My favorite non-book scenes in the series.

I also love that they greatly expanded the Lady Olenna (Tyrell) face time. In the book there's the scene where she interviews Sansa about Joffrey and not much more. The character has the same acid tongue and sharp wit, we just get so much more of it than in the books.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Just flipped by at the start of BotB on hbo2.

So awesome.
TyHolden
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Just flipped by at the start of BotB on
So awesome.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Winds of winter on now.
Sapper Redux
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Windows of winter on now.

Is that a popular interior design show in Westros?
Hulla Baller
AG
I'm sure this has been discussed over and over already but I just finished season 6 so it's fresh in my mind. What kind of control, if any, do y'all think Jon will have on the dragons? What are y'all hoping to see in season 7 with Jon and the dragons?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Windows of winter on now.

Is that a popular interior design show in Westros?

Lol. Damn autocorrect
aggietony2010
AG
I'd be pleasantly surprised if Jon encounters the dragons at all this season, except maybe in the final episode of the season.

(Edited to clarify this season)
wangus12
AG
I'd be willing to bet almost anything that he'll meet dragons. Everything has to come to a head sometime.
aggietony2010
AG
His business seems to be to the north.

Dany has got some **** to wreck in the South. And the West. And she doesn't seem to have any idea that Winter is Coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Stark met a dragon before the season finale. I'd be shocked if it Jon did.

Then again I could be way underestimating the pace they need to take to wrap up. I just see Jon+Dany vs the White Walkers as the final act.
wangus12
AG
Rumors going around the the final season episodes could all be 80+ minutes in length
VanZandt92
no idea what season 7 is yet, but I can tell you 5 and 6 are heads above the prior seasons. I got bored with GOT multiple times, but gave 5 a chance. I'd like to see more monsters, but at least there is lessReek and Ramsay.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
wangus12 said:

Rumors going around the the final season episodes could all be 80+ minutes in length

Where are these rumors?
SeattleAgJr
aggietony2010 said:

Dany has got some **** to wreck in the South. And the West. And she doesn't seem to have any idea that Winter is Coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Stark met a dragon before the season finale. I'd be shocked if it Jon did.

Then again I could be way underestimating the pace they need to take to wrap up. I just see Jon+Dany vs the White Walkers as the final act.
I am betting John will see dragons and soon into the season.
She lands (I presume) in the first episode, and starts wrecking **** up.

I am willing to bet John gets involved at that point.
SeattleAgJr
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

wangus12 said:

Where are these rumors?
why not just make it 8 60 minute episodes then. (yes, I know. pacing)
redline248
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

aggietony2010 said:

Jon is at Winterfell and his main concern is white walkers. Dany is probably going to hit Westeros in Dorne or somewhere south of King's Landing. Even if he learns about her dragon/Dothraki army, I assume he'll say "not my problem." Maybe he sends a raven to her asking if she'll help kill zombies.

I do wonder what Littlefinger will do when Varys sends him a picture of a middle finger designed from dragon scales.
TyHolden
AG
Do we see much of bran this season? I'm guessing no.
SeattleAgJr
redline248 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

aggietony2010 said:

Jon is at Winterfell and his main concern is white walkers. Dany is probably going to hit Westeros in Dorne or somewhere south of King's Landing. Even if he learns about her dragon/Dothraki army, I assume he'll say "not my problem." Maybe he sends a raven to her asking if she'll help kill zombies.

I do wonder what Littlefinger will do when Varys sends him a picture of a middle finger designed from dragon scales.
We know they meet this season, and I have a hard time thinking they will hold it off to the 7th episode.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

aggietony2010 said:

I doubt they go to Dorne.

Strategically you go for the middle and divide the country, plus hit the capital. You don't attack through weak areas first.

Plus with Varys appearance in Dorne just before returning and then sailing for Westeros it would seem they have Dorne as an ally anyway and maybe Highgarden/the Reach as Olenna Tyrell was there too. If so they have no real need to attack anywhere south of KL.

Dragonstone (Targaryen historical home) and then straight into King's Landing is my bet.

Sapper Redux
redline248
AG
Duh. Trailer shows her in Dragonstone. She is definitely going there first.

Seattle,
Quote:

We know they meet this season
We do? How do we know that? (I must have missed it)
Sapper Redux
Leaked on set photos.
Al Bula
AG
I've never been too keen on the map of Westeros since it is conveniently rectangular. The map is at least 300 years old at the time GoT begins because of the Painted Table on Dragonstone. Aegon had it commissioned a few years before the Conquest.

I suppose the maesters are responsible for the map of Westeros. Given the amount of error real life explorers and cartographers made with known maps of our own continents I think it is reasonable to assume the maps of Westeros, Essos and the other continents are not completely correct.

GRRM confirms there is a degree of uncertainty in the official maps, both of the parts of the world intentionally left out and the known stuff that maesters have basically cobbled together.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/297016.html

I believe the distances in Westeros are probably correct shown between towns and castles, but coastlines and bodies of water are likely different than they appear on maps.

In Essos there's probably more uncertainty.

redline248
AG
I don't know, seems like they could get pretty good maps with the aerial coverage that dragons provide
bedofbrass33
AG
This is one of the weirdest semi-rants I've ever seen about GoT.
Al Bula
AG
Happy to provide the weirdness! And I don't get why they didn't have some damn dragon-riding cartographers.
aggietony2010
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Leaked on set photos.

That kind of stuff might be worth a spoiler tag. (Not trying to start something, just a suggestion)
OnlyForNow
AG
The last scene of last season also showed drone ships with tragaryen ships and I also believe high garden ships as well.
Sapper Redux
aggietony2010 said:

Dr. Watson said:

Leaked on set photos.

That kind of stuff might be worth a spoiler tag. (Not trying to start something, just a suggestion)

The spoiler was given in an earlier post. And those photos have been around so much for so long I didn't think they counted as spoilers any longer. But if my post needs to be changed or deleted, I can do that.
SeattleAgJr
aggietony2010 said:

Dr. Watson said:

Leaked on set photos.

yes and no.

I understand the difference between leaked on set photos and whatnot, and was very careful about what I said.

but the publicity for the upcoming season is repeating the same statement "the long-awaited meeting between John and Danerys". So yes it is a spoiler but not the typical spoiler.
Texags is garbage
Quick question, is 'The Vale' supposed to have the strongest army from a numbers standpoint? Believe I remember listening to a podcast that mentioned they sat out of the Battle of the Five Kings and some refused to participate in Robert's Rebellion.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
another angry ag said:

Quick question, is 'The Vale' supposed to have the strongest army from a numbers standpoint? Believe I remember listening to a podcast that mentioned they sat out of the Battle of the Five Kings and some refused to participate in Robert's Rebellion.

In Westeros it's between them and Dorne. With Dany having the Unsullied, Ironborne, Dothraki, and the sellswords, I would say hers is the largest. Plus 3 dragons.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
No the Reach has the largest population and army although we have barely seen any of it.

According to Wiki - and these numbers are based on canon or semi-canon sources:

The Reach - 80K-100K and a large fleet
Dany - 80K-100K most likely and a huge fleet currently
Westerlands - 50K plus a decent sized fleet
Dorne - 50K
The North - 45K but hard to assemble them all
The Riverlands - 45K
The Vale - 40-45K and a decent sized fleet
Stormlands - 20-30K
Iron Islands - 20K and 2 large fleets
Crownlands - 10-15K plus the royal fleet (unknown size being rebuilt)
Dragonstone - 1K

So if you take the Westerlands and the Crownlands then the Lannisters are 3rd biggest and Dorne is 4th.

But if the Vale and the North are together at full strength they might be the largest or at least comparable to the Reach and Dany's. But is the North really all together anyway they are pretty fractured currently.
Sapper Redux
Are those numbers before the events of GoT or currently? Because Stannis did a number on the Baratheon holdings and the conflicts in the North plus the constant war in the Riverlands must have severely hampered the numbers Jon can count on. Cersei's inherent power as the monarch to raise lords and give lands could cleave off a number of houses nominally pledged to the Tyrells. So she could still have a sizeable force.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
They seem to have taken into account the war of the 5 armies. But I'm not sure it's take into account the battle of the *******s or recent events in the river lands.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.