Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,145,297 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This was released a while back...I'm not sure I'd call 81 minutes " almost 90 minutes but ok.

Episode 1: 59 minutes.
Episode 2: 59 minutes.
Episode 3: 63 minutes.
Episode 4: 50 minutes.
Episode 5: 59 minutes.
Episode 6: 71 minutes.
Episode 7: 81 minutes.

All told it is 442 minutes.

At the old standard of about 55 minutes thats like 8 full episodes in 7 episodes.
MaroonStain
AG
boboguitar said:

Champ Bailey said:

Who's story arc are you looking forward to this upcoming season?

Bron. Last season needed more of him.
My ranking of the Top 3 dialogues in the show:

1) Viserys / Tyrion
2) Cersei / Tyrion
3) Bronn / Tyrion
"Thanks and Gig'em"
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MaroonStain said:

boboguitar said:

Champ Bailey said:

1) Viserys* / Tyrion
2) Cersei / Tyrion
3) Bronn / Tyrion

Varys?
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
MaroonStain said:

boboguitar said:

Champ Bailey said:

1) Viserys / Tyrion
2) Cersei / Tyrion
3) Bronn / Tyrion
Nice choices.

Oberyn / Tyrion might rank pretty high also
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I always enjoyed Littlefinger / Varys.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Those runtimes were never confirmed.
MaroonStain
AG
I think I misspell the name everyday.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
AggieSouth06
MaroonStain said:

boboguitar said:

Champ Bailey said:

1) Viserys / Tyrion
2) Cersei / Tyrion
3) Bronn / Tyrion

It was a long time ago but Arya/Tywin was amazing and by far the best change from the books (and I actually think the show has made a lot of positive changes from the books).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Tyrions court monologue was perhaps the best Tyrion moment and the best of the show.

So great.
jenn96
AG
I'd like to see where the Hound ends up. He has history with both Sansa and Arya and while he wasn't especially nice about it, he kept them both safe for as long as he could and they may actually realize that now. And of course there's Cleganebowl although I'd like to see a good reason for them to fight other than fraternal hatred (the idea of him fighting for the side of the Faith in a Trial of Seven seems less likely now that Cersei has eliminated the High Septon and a lot of his followers).

ChipFTAC01
AG
I don't really want to see a Clegane Bowl because I'm fairly certain it will end in typical GOT fashion with a dead Hound. And i always cry when dogs get killed.
boboguitar
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I don't really want to see a Clegane Bowl because I'm fairly certain it will end in typical GOT fashion with a dead Hound. And i always cry when dogs get killed.

********** you're probably right.
MaroonStain
AG
The Hound needs to atone for his past evil.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
MaroonStain said:

The hound might be the most interesting character in game of thrones. Because while he certainly has done terrible things, he definitely has a rigid sense of honor (though it is warped compared to most other people's honor codes). I could never see him betraying himself in the manner that Ned did, for example.
MaroonStain
AG
Absolutely agree with your post, I like the Hound's character and like Jaime, deep in his core self there is a good spirit. Deep...deep...deep...
"Thanks and Gig'em"
jenn96
AG
MaroonStain said:

I don't disgaree but he already has to some extent, and he still has the opportunity to do a lot of good. He could go either way; selfishly I'd like to see him play a role against the Walkers/bad guys because I think he's a fascinating character. I could also see him as Sansa's Luca Brasi, doing the things she needs done that she thinks Jon is too honorable to do or know about. I would actually be most disappointed if he just shows up to kill/be killed by his brother and departs stage left; Gregor certainly needs killing but I'd rather Sandor be a part of whatever is going to happen at the end. But I'm anxious to see what they do with him either way.
redline248
AG
Cleganebowl seems unlikely, for the time being. Last we saw the Hound he was going with Beric to fight "the real war," which means he's going North.
jamaggie06
AG
I may have forgotten but what evils has the hound committed?

I know he killed the farmer guy who fed him and Arya.

Anything else specifically? Maybe the butchers boy in S1... but wasnt he ordered to?
bedofbrass33
AG
Quote:

Anything else specifically? Maybe the butchers boy in S1... but wasnt he ordered to?
Following evil orders is an evil action. The Hound doesn't get to skate because someone else made the decision.
M.C. Swag
AG
He also cut down the kid Arya played with when Joffrey got hurt.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The Butcher Boy is obvious. He believe he was ordered to "bring him back"...killing him was on his own. The farmer is a good example as well.

A lot is implied. He rose up in the Lannister Army, an army that prized brutality, high enough to become the bodyguard of the family heir. Everyone is scared of him, especially those who know him.

He's not as bad as his big brother, but he's still one bad hombre.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Why didn't the knights of the Vail just run down Tyrian after the trial? Wouldn't war trump any pre-approval trial??

The North would have a first line Lannister hostage - all be it an unpopular on - Tywin's vanity IRT the family prestige could be exposed and used.

Lannister army defeated early on makes for a short war of the 7 Kings...
JAggie2007
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Plugging through Season 3. Theon getting his pinky bone pulled out of the flesh is one the most gruesome things on the show.
Stive
AG
I must have turned away. I don't remember that scene.
Ol Jock 99
AG
What are you doing to get motivated? I'm going full Ramsay on some chickens.

Stive
AG
For those that care, it looks like HBO has begun running the GOT marathon on HBO2. On season 1 ep 3 right now and will run through Monday.
Sapper Redux
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

Why didn't the knights of the Vail just run down Tyrian after the trial? Wouldn't war trump any pre-approval trial??

The North would have a first line Lannister hostage - all be it an unpopular on - Tywin's vanity IRT the family prestige could be exposed and used.

Lannister army defeated early on makes for a short war of the 7 Kings...

If I remember right, Lysa didn't want the Vale to get deeply involved in the wider conflict. She was pissed that Cat brought Tyrion in the first place. The trial was one thing, but flat out murdering him would have been another. Besides, they thought he wouldn't survive the hill tribes.
SeattleAgJr
DOWN TO TWO MOTHER ****ING WEEKS!!!!!!!!
bangobango
AG
Doesn't the flaming sword pretty much confirm Beric is Azor?

And if that is true, then I wonder who the hell it was supposed to be in the books?
SeattleAgJr
bangobango said:

And if that is true, then I wonder who the hell it was supposed to be in the books?
nah. the trailer shows him and john fighting together. I bet Beric falls in battle and John picks up the sword.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bangobango said:

No, if you remember when he fought the Hound his sword did the same thing. They don't really explain it well in the show, but (spoiler for people who don't want to hear about the books) I believe Thoros explains it's a trick/spell that he puts on the sword to light it on fire for effect, but the sword isn't the one from the legend. the sword gets weakened from the fire. That's why the hound is able to slice it in half and kill Beric when they fought.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Also, just finished up Season 4. I really do think it was the best season overall. I think last season had the best episodes, but 4 was better. There really isn't one episode that drags, and it has the battle at the wall, Oberyn, Tyrion's Trial, Joffrey dying, Dany conquering Slaver's Bay, the Hound fighting Brienne, Ramsay, and Bran finding the Three eyed raven. The whole 5th season is almost more of an entire season of setting up new plotlines for the characters, so it just doesn't seem nearly as good in comparison.

Plus the *********Sand Snakes ruin everything.
OnlyForNow
AG
Correct. in the book it goes into detail of th boil or mixture he puts on the sword and then he bangs a rock or something against it to spark it up. he says he does it because of the intimidation factor.
redline248
AG
If Longclaw ever bursts into flame I will faint.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.