Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,127 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Jon and Danaerys contingent realize Jaime is en route to KL from Highgarden then this is the time to join forces and crush Cersei's army. Take out Cersei in Ep5&6 and move to WW issues in last season.
M.C. Swag
AG
This is where we get into trouble with the timing of sequences. It would presumably take Dany weeks to learn of Jamie's invasion at Highgarten. By the time that occurred, he could have already been headed home. We just don't know how long it took to invade, how long they stayed, how long it took for Dany to find out, and how long it would take for her to marshal her army and catch Jamie's en route.

Basically, the show writers could time warp there way into any scenario.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Well I have to applaud the writers.....this is brilliant. Setting up Dany/Jon/Tyrion for the eventual comeback victory.

We all know thats what will happen just a matter of how. And honestly Dany came into this season with too much of a huge advantage - she had a huge army of warriors and eunuchs, huge fleet, strong allies in the Tyrells and Martells (Dorne and Highgarden) and oh yeah 3 freaking dragons.

She professed to not wanting to just turn the place to ash and in trying to be strategic they allowed themselves to lose their fleet, and both allies basically and half of their army is stranded across the continent.

Cersei et al were a huge underdog actually in this best of 7 series. They've taken games 1 and 2 though and now it's an interesting series.

In retrospect, it had to play out this way...a straight up war with KL would have been over in 1 episode.

This is going to be much much better in the payoff.

I expect Dany to get back in the groove winning games 3 and 4 to even the series....then Cersei will win a surprise game 5 before Dany closes it out with games 6 and 7.

redline248
AG
Thinking about it some more, you're probably right. It'll be somewhere close to KL. The Tarly forces will likely not be with Jaime when this battle happens. I guess the question is will it be close enough for Cersei to see the dragons torching her army.
wangus12
AG
So in the preview for next week Dany says, "All my allies are gone. I'm losing," to Jon. Puts him in a pretty good spot to not only get help for the North, but to ask for the North to stay free from the other 6 Kingdoms if Dany were to win the throne.

Also the shot of Brienne down-swinging the sword. She could be carrying out an execution, although I think LF lasts longer than Ep. 4
OnlyForNow
AG
Just days. They didn't just open the gates for the Lannisters so the maesters sent ravens to the supporting forces of Dany no doubt.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Everybody be careful out there

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/31/hbo-hacked-game-of-thrones/

Apparently HBO was hacked and some GoT stuff was taken and might be leaked
PMD03
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Well I have to applaud the writers.....this is brilliant. Setting up Dany/Jon/Tyrion for the eventual comeback victory.

We all know thats what will happen just a matter of how. And honestly Dany came into this season with too much of a huge advantage - she had a huge army of warriors and eunuchs, huge fleet, strong allies in the Tyrells and Martells (Dorne and Highgarden) and oh yeah 3 freaking dragons.

She professed to not wanting to just turn the place to ash and in trying to be strategic they allowed themselves to lose their fleet, and both allies basically and half of their army is stranded across the continent.

Cersei et al were a huge underdog actually in this best of 7 series. They've taken games 1 and 2 though and now it's an interesting series.

In retrospect, it had to play out this way...a straight up war with KL would have been over in 1 episode.

This is going to be much much better in the payoff.

I expect Dany to get back in the groove winning games 3 and 4 to even the series....then Cersei will win a surprise game 5 before Dany closes it out with games 6 and 7.

Meanwhile, the Night King is sweeping the North bracket and will have plenty of rest for the finals.
jbryan10
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Calling my shot- LF offs Bran next episode (thus the scene with the dagger). Bran's too much of a threat to his plans.
I'm thinking that scene was Bran flashing back to find out who really gave the dagger to the attempted murderer. Based on the sleeves and all the fancy rings, it certainly looked like LF and he will certainly be outed as a result.
Javelina
AG
jbryan10 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Calling my shot- LF offs Bran next episode (thus the scene with the dagger). Bran's too much of a threat to his plans.
I'm thinking that scene was Bran flashing back to find out who really gave the dagger to the attempted murderer. Based on the sleeves and all the fancy rings, it certainly looked like LF and he will certainly be outed as a result.
Not a bad theory. Doesn't Arya have that knife in her possession now? Maybe she uses her certain set of skills to impersonate someone and we're watching her use the knife in the present?
M.C. Swag
AG
I think LF still has it from when Catelyn brought it to KL in season 1 but I could be wrong.
Javelina
AG
Yeah, there are some promotional photos of her carrying it. I wonder if that means she has it from the beginning, is going to get it at some point, or someone thought it would make a cool prop for the photoshoot.

wangus12
AG
I'd say she gets it at some point.
Obi Wan Ginobili
I almost wish Daenerys had found out about Jon Snow being brought back to life and watching her struggle with the thought that Khal Drogo could have possibly been saved.

Doesn't mean it can't still happen (or that she will make that connection on-screen even if she does find out).
Al Bula
AG
I'm kinda hoping Arya goes into Faceless Man mode before entering Winterfell to scope out the castle before the big reveal.
redline248
AG
RPM said:

I'm kinda hoping Arya goes into Faceless Man mode before entering Winterfell to scope out the castle before the big reveal.
That would likely require her to kill a random northern soldier, with whom she has no beef. Then again, she did kill a Frey serving girl (I assume).
Obi Wan Ginobili
redline248 said:

RPM said:

That would likely require her to kill a random northern soldier, with whom she has no beef. Then again, she did kill a Frey serving girl (I assume).

What makes you think that...?
bangobango
AG
redline248 said:

RPM said:

I believe Frey commented he didn't recognize the girl or that she was new. They've made a point of showing Arya NOT killing innocents the first two episodes this season.
redline248
AG
Which part?

I assume she killed the Frey serving girl (or some other random girl) bc she posed as one when she killed old Walder.

She can't go around without a face unless she already has a dead one. I guess she could pose as a commoner in Winterfell and hope no one says "never seen you before."

I mean, I guess nothing is impossible with her, but I don't see her hiding her identity when she knows Starks are there and has no one on her list.
redline248
AG
So maybe she stole that face when she left Essos? Killed someone along the way?
Obi Wan Ginobili
redline248 said:

Which part?

I assume she killed the Frey serving girl (or some other random girl) bc she posed as one when she killed old Walder.

She can't go around without a face unless she already has a dead one. I guess she could pose as a commoner in Winterfell and hope no one says "never seen you before."

I mean, I guess nothing is impossible with her, but I don't see her hiding her identity when she knows Starks are there and has no one on her list.

Ignore me. I forgot she posed as serving girl when she killed Frey.
Javelina
AG
I would be surprised if she left the House of Black and White without a few faces in her bag.
bangobango
AG
I would assume she pocketed some faces before she left. Though I don't know that they have to have the physical faces on their person to access them. I do not remember it being that way in the books.
redline248
AG
Don't think the books made it that far yet
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Javelina said:

jbryan10 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Not a bad theory. Doesn't Arya have that knife in her possession now? Maybe she uses her certain set of skills to impersonate someone and we're watching her use the knife in the present?
Don't think so, but we know she ends up with it sometime this season because of the magazine cover photo
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Javelina said:

I would be surprised if she left the House of Black and White without a few faces in her bag.
Or she could be swiping faces from the coroners / graves.
G Martin 87
AG
redline248 said:

In the books, Jaqen transformed his face in front of Arya at Harrenhal. He did not do so by putting on a "skinned" face like we've seen in the show.
EFE
AG
You're like two R's away from being really believable
bangobango
AG
G Martin 87 said:

redline248 said:

In the books, Jaqen transformed his face in front of Arya at Harrenhal. He did not do so by putting on a "skinned" face like we've seen in the show.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking of. Pretty sure he does something similar in the show, too. Like waves his hand in front of his face and it changes or something like that.
MandoArms
EagleFordEarl said:

Who knows how long it will take him to respond to this
MW03
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

G Martin 87
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Truth be told, I only need one more R. I'm already a GRM.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LF may well kill Bran, but he'll obviously transfer to a new body, permanently.
wangus12
AG
MW03 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Meh, there have been spoilers out for 6+ months on how this season is gonna break down
Bregxit
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Javelina said:

jbryan10 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Don't think so, but we know she ends up with it sometime this season because of the magazine cover photo

Knowing Maisie Williams she probably asked for it to jack with everyone's theories.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.