Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,057 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
benchmark said:

Many of you seem to be forgetting Deanerys is Jon's aunt (if what we have seen in the Tower of Joy is correct). They won't be hooking up except as possible allies.

The Targaryens were known for inbreeding.
The Dog Lord
AG
bushytailed said:

benchmark said:

Many of you seem to be forgetting Deanerys is Jon's aunt (if what we have seen in the Tower of Joy is correct). They won't be hooking up except as possible allies.

The Targaryens were known for inbreeding.

Yeah, aunt and nephew is actually less creepy than what they normally do
redline248
AG
So, if one dragon does end up getting killed, I predict it will be Viserion. You know, the one named for her weak ass brother. Meanwhile, Jon gets in good with Drogon, thus showing Dany he's her new man.

Edit: I just realized I got 2 mixed up. Drogon is clearly hers. Jon will have a natural repoire with Rhaegal, the one named for his dad. Duh
SeattleAgJr
redline248 said:

So, if one dragon does end up getting killed, I predict it will be Viserion. You know, the one named for her weak ass brother. Meanwhile, Jon gets in good with Drogon, thus showing Dany he's her new man.

Edit: I just realized I got 2 mixed up. Drogon is clearly hers. Jon will have a natural repoire with Rhaegal, the one named for his dad. Duh
He may have a rapport with Rhaegal, but will be riding Dany, if anyone (or thing).
redline248
AG
talmbout
Tripacer
smokeythebear said:

The scene with her getting on her horse and leaving clearly had someone saying "we're going this way to King's Landing" and Arya turned around and went the other way. I think it was pretty intentional to show she was struggling with the decision and chose to go to Winterfell instead.

Exactly. That's part of why I think she changed her mind. She is telling the dire wolf, "let's go to Winterfell". The wolf seems to tell her, "that's not me anymore." I think she may be realizing that that's not her anymore either.
wangus12
AG
benchmark said:

I feel like whether you read the books or only watched the show that it always seemed to be subtly building towards Jon/Dany getting together.

There will definitely be some romantics involved.
titanmaster_race
bushytailed said:

Given Dany's inability to have children (heirs), what would be the benefit of her marrying Jon? Wouldn't the Targaryen bloodline end?

Military alliance
redline248
AG
I think now is as good a time as any to bring up Dany's visions from the house of the undying. Both in the book and the show, she was shown the wall. In the book, while at the wall she saw a blue flower on the ice. Later we learn that the blue flower was the same as Lyanna's favorite, right? The flowers that Rhaegar gave her at the tournament.

Am I remembering that right?
wangus12
AG
Sounds right to me. I need to go back and reread it.
redline248
AG
Oh, I also meant to point out that during Robert's rebellion papa Tarly was a staunch supporter of the Targs. I think Cat points this out to Robb at some point (don't remember why). I think in the books it is eluded that he could potentially give support to Dany (or maybe fake Aegon), which is why he was named to the small council...attempt to keep him loyal.

Anyway, I don't think it's a given he supports Cersei. Olenna, someone he's known so long and to whom he's given a sworn oath, now is backing a true Targaryen. Something to keep in mind.
LHIOB
AG
TV Casualty said:

LHIOB said:

Its going to be awesome when Randall Tarly chooses Highgarden and then ends up in a in the War Room with Sam who will out rank him.

I'm missing something here. How will Randall Tarely choosing to remain loyal to Highgarden lead to Sam out ranking him?

Sam is studying to become a meister and wouldn't seem to factor in Dani's alliance to take Kings Landing.

The Tyrells are pledged to Dany by the Queen of Thornes. Sam is breaking every rule in the book and will be asked to leave. He and Jorah will journey to Dragonstone to unite with Jon before heading north to save Westeros.
bangobango
AG
wangus12 said:

benchmark said:

I feel like whether you read the books or only watched the show that it always seemed to be subtly building towards Jon/Dany getting together.

It's funny, because if you look at Dany, she really loves cocky show-boat type of guys that can back-up their braggadocio. That is not Jon.

I don't think it will seem as out of character on the show, but in the books Daario definitely makes you question Dany's taste in men and it is hard to imagine a girl that likes him really being anything but bored by a guy like Jon Snow.
redline248
AG
In the books Dany is a teenager. Teen girls usually have terrible taste in men.
agsquirrel97
AG
bangobango said:

wangus12 said:

benchmark said:

It's funny, because if you look at Dany, she really loves cocky show-boat type of guys that can back-up their braggadocio. That is not Jon.

I don't think it will seem as out of character on the show, but in the books Daario definitely makes you question Dany's taste in men and it is hard to imagine a girl that likes him really being anything but bored by a guy like Jon Snow.
She only had a fling with Daario, she loved Drogo, a warrior and a leader. They took the time to tell us about the prophecy (sun setting in the east, sea going dry, mountain turns to dust) which I personally believe will actually happen, even if only metaphorically, since all the other prophecies have or will come true.

More importantly, Targareons marry Targareons and most importantly, the whole darned thing is called a song of fire and ice?

If you are considering a user name change, might I suggest Jon Snow - because you know nothing! (It's only a joke, please don't go all Joffry again)
chipotle
So did Arya kill Ed Sheeran?
plowboy1065
S
chipotle said:

So did Arya kill Ed Sheeran?

We wouldn't be that lucky
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
benchmark said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No. The Mad King did not **** Lyanna Stark.
Hudson2508
AG
Not the same father. Rhaegar and Dany have the same parents. Dany is Jon's Aunt.
M.C. Swag
AG
Did that go like you hoped?
Trident 88
AG
Dang and Jon are going to join forces, but I don't see them joining anything else. This is the last season, right? There isn't enough time for anything but bloodshed.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Trident 88 said:

Dang and Jon are going to join forces, but I don't see them joining anything else. This is the last season, right? There isn't enough time for anything but bloodshed.

No. 2 seasons left this and the last.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Trident 88 said:

How long do u ****? There is always time for a quickie

"No more foreplay"
M.C. Swag
AG
There's 11 episodes left (5 this season).

I wouldn't underestimate the ability of this show to sneak a sex scene in (see: grey worm/missandei)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think Jon will the first man Dany meets who's actions speak louder than his words.

That might go a long way in waking the dragon, if you catch my drift.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think Jon will the first man Dany meets who's action speak louder than his words.

Side note,
Had a buddy bed a chick he met at the ptarmigan back in college who had a dragon tattoo that ended at her business...
bangobango
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

bangobango said:

wangus12 said:

benchmark said:

She only had a fling with Daario, she loved Drogo, a warrior and a leader. They took the time to tell us about the prophecy (sun setting in the east, sea going dry, mountain turns to dust) which I personally believe will actually happen, even if only metaphorically, since all the other prophecies have or will come true.

More importantly, Targareons marry Targareons and most importantly, the whole darned thing is called a song of fire and ice?

If you are considering a user name change, might I suggest Jon Snow - because you know nothing! (It's only a joke, please don't go all Joffry again)

I think they will hook up, I just think Jon Snow is aout as far as you can get from Drogo and Daario, so it is a little out of character.

I think it will be more glaring in the book. The show really changed Daario and made him more likeable.

I would not be surprised if the book has it more of an arranged marriage type situation than a romance.
Farmer1906
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think Jon will the first man Dany meets who's action speak louder than his words.

Side note,
Had a buddy bed a chick he met at the ptarmigan back in college who had a dragon tattoo that ended at her business...
Prove it
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

... and business was good.
bushytailed
AG
titanmaster_race said:

bushytailed said:

Given Dany's inability to have children (heirs), what would be the benefit of her marrying Jon? Wouldn't the Targaryen bloodline end?

Military alliance

They're family. The military alliance is already there.

At some point Jon will need an heir. Dany can't give him that.
wangus12
AG
bangobango said:

agsquirrel97 said:

bangobango said:

wangus12 said:

benchmark said:

I think they will hook uo, I just think Jon Snow is aout as far as you can get from Drogo and Daario, so it is a little out of character.

I think it will be more glaring in the book. The show really changed Daario and made him more likeable.

I would not be surprised if the book has it more of an arranged marriage type situation than a romance.
Then you have nothing to worry about because the chances of us getting more books are about as slim as Cersie winning the Iron Throne in the long run. Highly unlikely at this point
MaroonStain
AG
I stand corrected.
Hulla Baller
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No. The Mad King did not **** Lyanna Stark.
nm...i thought you meant Joanna. my bad.
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.