Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,547 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
marble rye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazzag said:

He's told her not to bring him back again. This seems like a personal journey that if Jon wants to use it, that's his call. It's not a medal to wear and show off. Why is everyone so pissed off about this episode?

No one is pissed. Just pointing out things they thought would be logical in conversation. She wants to validate herself as a Red Priestess to Dany and also speaks of prophesy. Wouldnt one coming back from DEATH fit in there???
mazzag
AG
And theon was a chicken ****, but euron was going to kill yara no matter what. So self preservation in that situation is totally understandable. Euron is a psycho and savage. No way theon could have saved her.
Ervin Burrell
AG
bangobango said:

Grey worm Messandie scene - thanks for the gratuitous nudity, but that **** is so stupid. It is straight tv writers thinking they just have to have a romance in there somewhere. Drives me crazy.

And the King of the North is going to go south with an entourage of one? Dumb.

Euron finds a fleet of ships in the dead of night with no lamps and sneak attacks them on the open ocean? You know where you cannot snake attack somebody? In the ocean kids, in the ocean.

And wtf does Jon hate Littlefinger? Has that been explained?

Starting to lose faith the show writers can pull this off without the source material. Lot of little things starting to add up.

Debbie Downer.jpeg
mazzag
AG
Dang already appreciates the red priestesses. No validation is needed.
Farmer1906
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Two other observations:

1. Anyone find it weird the maesters won't perform that procedure on people they know will die anyway?

2. Grey Worm was quite intuitive on what to do for being a genital-less first timer.
1. They said the guy who did it got it and died. It is for safety reasons.
2. Greyworm is a worldly man. He knows what goes down.
mazzag
AG
And when you have to prop yourself up, sometimes it seems false.
Goldie Wilson
Ervin Burrell said:

MBAR said:

She said that's not you. It was in reference to it was not Nymiria to be her "servant" and come with her to Winterfell. The show writers explained it in the brief after show thing you get (at least I get when I stream it).

This, though I took it more to mean Nymeria had been out in the wild for far too long and was too far gone as opposed to it not being in her nature (although, I'll admit I'm splitting hairs). Obviously it isn't in a wolf's nature to be domesticated but Ghost managed it somewhat.
Maybe some foreshadowing there now that Arya is finally headed home? Maybe she's also been a wolf out in the wild for too long and won't transition well...
Seven Costanza
AG
Writer: okay in this scene, we're gonna kill off the sand snakes

*hot one takes her top off*

Writer: Sorry I misspoke, we're gonna kill off two of the sand snakes here. It's important to retain some level of known tit-stock.

aggietony2010
AG
She was with Ellaria. She's grown her hair out. She's not dead yet.
G Martin 87
AG
mazzag said:

And theon was a chicken ****, but euron was going to kill yara no matter what. So self preservation in that situation is totally understandable. Euron is a psycho and savage. No way theon could have saved her.
Moreover, it looks like he was the sole survivor. I'm sure Theon wasn't thinking "I have to survive so that I can warn Daenerys", but it's probably good for her that he bailed overboard.
Ervin Burrell
AG
aggie1906 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Two other observations:

1. Anyone find it weird the maesters won't perform that procedure on people they know will die anyway?

2. Grey Worm was quite intuitive on what to do for being a genital-less first timer.

Ah, as in the one performing the procedure got it-I'm an idiot.

And "he knows what goes down"...I see what you did there.
CoachRTM
AG
I'm sure Davos is just going to love the fact that Melisandre is around when he and Jon show up to Dragonstone...
cone
AG
this show is getting stupid
Ervin Burrell
AG
It also bothered me way more than it should have that neither GW or Missandei closed the door.
marble rye
AG
CoachRTM said:

I'm sure Davos is just going to love the fact that Melisandre is around when he and Jon show up to Dragonstone...

Then he will call her out for burning a child alive and Dany will roast her w a dragon. One can hope.
bonfarr
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Two other observations:

Dangerous for the surgeon not the patient. The maester said the one who pioneered the procedure died of grayscale.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
marble rye
AG
cone said:

this show is getting stupid

You will watch til the end.
Ervin Burrell
AG
bangobango said:

Ogre09 said:

bangobango said:

Grey worm Messandie scene - thanks for the gratuitous nudity, but that **** is so stupid. It is straight tv writers thinking they just have to have a romance in there somewhere. Drives me crazy.

Euron finds a fleet of ships in the dead of night with no lamps and sneak attacks them on the open ocean? You know where you cannot snake attack somebody? In the ocean kids, in the ocean.

Starting to lose faith the show writers can pull this off without the source material. Lot of little things starting to add up.

Grey Work and Messandie are cute.

Jon had like 8-10 dudes with him.

It's not the open ocean, they're sailing along the coast to another part of the main island.

Jon hates Little Finger because he betrayed his family on multiple occasions and sees him for the slimy snake he is.

You seem clue less.

Cute? Get out of here with that ***** It is a pandering to mindless zombies such as yourself. You probably think Grey's anatomy is good, too, don't you?

Did not see anybody but Davos with Jon. Maybe I missed it.

They are sailing along the coast? What the hell are they sailing in? The ocean? Oh yeah, the ****ing ocean. You know where you cannot hide a boat? In the ****ing ocean. Go to an ocean and try hiding a boat in the ocean. I bet you cannot do it.

Jon does not know Littlefinger betrayed his family. As somebody said, he married Sansa to Ramsey, but we don't even know for sure that he did that with knowledge that ramsey was a psychopath.

And it is clueless,

you dolt.

Wow...really?

Also, you seem angry.
bangobango
AG
G Martin 87 said:

bangobango said:

You know where you cannot snake attack somebody? In the ocean kids, in the ocean.
The Imperial Japanese Navy didn't get that memo, I guess.

Yeah, I guess I missed Euron's planes.

Look not saying you cannot surprise somebody in the ocean, but they are going to see you before the bombs start hitting.
Ogre09
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
aggie1906 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Two other observations:

just because i am not hungry doesn't mean I'm going to pass up a meal if its offered?
Ogre09
AG
So you can't hide a boat in the ocean, or you can't find a fleet jn the ocean? Pick a side. Also, near shore =/= open ocean.

And there was clearly a whole crew of horsemen leaving Winterfell with Jon. You must be as blind as you are dense.
bangobango
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

bangobango said:

Ogre09 said:

bangobango said:

Grey Work and Messandie are cute.

Jon had like 8-10 dudes with him.

It's not the open ocean, they're sailing along the coast to another part of the main island.

Jon hates Little Finger because he betrayed his family on multiple occasions and sees him for the slimy snake he is.

You seem clue less.

Cute? Get out of here with that ***** It is a pandering to mindless zombies such as yourself. You probably think Grey's anatomy is good, too, don't you?

Did not see anybody but Davos with Jon. Maybe I missed it.

They are sailing along the coast? What the hell are they sailing in? The ocean? Oh yeah, the ****ing ocean. You know where you cannot hide a boat? In the ****ing ocean. Go to an ocean and try hiding a boat in the ocean. I bet you cannot do it.

Jon does not know Littlefinger betrayed his family. As somebody said, he married Sansa to Ramsey, but we don't even know for sure that he did that with knowledge that ramsey was a psychopath.

And it is clueless,

you dolt.

Wow...really?

Also, you seem angry.

Do not appreciate being called names for voicing my opinion. Yeah, pisses me off.

And yes, we have no clue whether Littlefinger knew Bolton was a psycho when he married Sansa to him.
cone
AG
Euron playing like Victarion was awesome though

cuz Victarion is great
marble rye
AG
mazzag said:

And when you have to prop yourself up, sometimes it seems false.

Varys asks in the exchange, "why is it that the Lord of Light singled out Jon Snow..."

Then she talks of uniting the north and letting wildlings across the wall. Yes, way more persuasive an answer than "he came back from the dead..."
Ervin Burrell
AG
Regardless of whether or not LF knew if Ramsey was a psycho, don't you think Jon has the right to be pissed at him for marrying his sister off to a complete stranger?
Bregxit
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Regardless of whether or not LF knew if Ramsey was a psycho, don't you think Jon has the right to be pissed at him for marrying his sister off to a complete stranger?
That's kind of how things work in a feudal society. Plus the Boltons were allies at the time.
Ervin Burrell
AG
dlance said:

Ervin Burrell said:

That's kind of how things work in a feudal society.

Usually it's someone related to you making the decision. LF was using her as a pawn and anyone could see that. How is this being debated?
G Martin 87
AG
bangobango said:

G Martin 87 said:

bangobango said:

You know where you cannot snake attack somebody? In the ocean kids, in the ocean.
The Imperial Japanese Navy didn't get that memo, I guess.

Yeah, I guess I missed Euron's planes.

Look not saying you cannot surprise somebody in the ocean, but they are going to see you before the bombs start hitting.
That is exactly what you claimed. The history of naval warfare proves you wrong. It's a ridiculous thing to claim, especially in a night battle. Sneak attacks at night were in reality a specialty of the IJN in WWII. Not to mention submarine attacks by every nationality, even the Confederate Navy. :eyeroll:
Cromagnum
AG
RPM said:

Sam and jorah was my favorite scene this week but Euron is a complete badass.

Euron is the worst actor on the show. When he landed on that one fool with his little boarding platform and yelled, it was cringeworthy. Last season and this him stating "let's go murder them" was also hot garbage.
Bregxit
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

dlance said:

Ervin Burrell said:

That's kind of how things work in a feudal society.

Usually it's someone related to you making the decision. LF was using her as a pawn and anyone could see that. How is this being debated?
Littlefinger was officially her uncle and had custody of her. Yes he was using her as a pawn but the "marrying to a stranger" part is a silly reason to be pissed at him since pretty much all noble marriages are between strangers.
Ogre09
AG
Jon knows Little Finger was working with/for the Lannisters when Ned, Rob, and Catlyn were killed.

Jon is probably suspicious of how LF came to control the Vale.

Jon knows LF married Sansa to Ramsay Bolton, whose family betrayed the Starks at the Red Wedding, to progredd his own position. Whether or not LF was aware that Ramsey was a sadistic *******, he was still responsible for it happening.

Jon distrusts LF and his intentions. He disliked his trying to buddy up to him and being overly familiar. He told him he did not belong in the family crypt. When LF stated his intentions for Sansa to Jon, something Jon already suspected, it was more than Jon could bear.
TresPuertas
AG
So, am I the only one who found the naval battle a little bit ridiculous?

The whole thing reeked of a bad action movie, a la the ridiculous 300 sequel, and the sequences just felt cheesy and out of place.

I guess it started with Euron riding the bow of the ship onto Yaras and crushing the guy under him and the rest unfolded in a way that just seemed out of place with the show. The fireballs and the 1 on 1 battles with an entire siege going on around them was just stupid. It didn't fit in with the way the other battles were portrayed It was like they were trying way too hard.

marble rye
AG
TresPuertas said:

The whole thing reeked of a bad action movie, a la the ridiculous 300 sequel, and the sequences just felt cheesy and out of place.

Yes and no naked goth queen waiting down below for a rowdy sex scene. Just Yara getting "serviced" by Ellarya. LOL
Ogre09
AG
TresPuertas said:

So, am I the only one who found the naval battle a little bit ridiculous?

I guess it started with Euron riding the bow of the ship onto Yaras and crushing the guy under him and the rest unfolded in a way that just seemed out of place with the show. It was like they were trying way too hard.

It was kind of badass, but agreed it didn't seem to fit the show well. Disjointed might be the best description.
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.