Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,145,504 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For me that was the best episode of the entire series, even without the action.
Just so perfectly done from the first scene which they gave the time it deserved after all the years of buildup, to the reveals, to the awesome littlfinger ending, to the amazing way they closed it out.

But hooking up with your aunt, that's just not cricket.
redline248
AG
JCRiley09 said:

So in the Cleganebowl tease, the Hound says someone's coming for the Mountain. Is he talking about himself, Arya, someone else?
Definitely himself.
The Dog Lord
AG
Thisguy1 said:

It was Tyrion outside the room because of the story they haven't shown yet.

We don't know what Tyrion told Cersei to convince her to "join" them. They went away when she said she was pregnant so we can assume it was about that. Probably also has to do with Dany not being able to have kids, which would mean Cersei's kid would eventually have a claim on the throne either way.

God I hope they don't have Tyrion turn on anyone. That would ruin one of the main protagonists for the entire show and be really crappy writing. Can't see him making any sort of deal with Cersei to begin with, but he wouldn't stick to it anyway once he learns that she isn't helping after all.
redline248
AG
gigemags-99 said:

PatAg said:

I think showing Tyrion there is maybe more concern about this being something that will lead to her starting to only listen to Jon's advice. She already chose to ride on the boat to eastwatch.,..which that may no longer be a great destination anymore...

Jorah was just trying to cock block Jon by suggesting Dany ride the dragon.
I thought for sure Dany was going to be like, "we can show up together....on a dragon!!!"

But that wouldn't have allowed for BOATSEX
starched_bingo
Rookie of the year quote "hot ice.....it's the best of both worlds"
MaroonStain
AG
Oh and WW dragon was my MVP of this episode...they nailed the electric blue plasma ice breath.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Fantastic episode!

Yeah - doubt that's how the wall goes down in the books (if they ever come out)...

BUT...

I can't believe they did the reveal like that. Poor Aegon (Snow) never has anything good happen to him without an asterisk.

Bangs Dragon Queen*

*Dragon Queen also his aunt
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

The Dog Lord said:

Mantis Toboggan MD said:

Bran is so annoying now, he won't shut up about the whole 3ER thing and is champing at the bit to tell every person he meets, even though no one probably has any idea what the f*** the 3ER is.

But on the flip side, Sam continues to be one of my favorite characters.

"I'm the three-eyed raven."

"Oh!"
You like how they casually threw in that whole "I was actually listening to Gilly that time, I swear it." That or "you wouldn't believe it, Gilly would not shut up about this all the way from Old Town."

Bran "remembers everything" but didn't think to see how Lyanna got "kidnapped?"

We now know why the Army of the Dead was taking their sweet ass time getting to the wall...they didn't have step 2 figured out.

Step 1: Raise a giant undead army
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Profit!

I think the way it works with Bran is he has to have some inkling or some snippet of info otherwise he doesn't know where to look. once he was told about Rhaegar and Lyanna he could see it.

Dobre casy
AG
Funny convo between Bronn and Jaime discussing what the cockless unsullied fight for, then cockless Theon finally deciding to fight. Is it too late for him to join the unsullied?
FriendlyAg
agrams said:

This episode felt more true to the grrm style with good dialogue yet advanced the story well.

This. When they showed LF aith his throat open and Jaimie walking off.. BOOM
titanmaster_race
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

Fantastic episode!

Yeah - doubt that's how the wall goes down in the books (if they ever come out)...

BUT...

I can't believe they did the reveal like that. Poor Aegon (Snow) never has anything good happen to him without an asterisk.

Bangs Dragon Queen*

Targaryen nephew bangs his targaryen aunt.

That's one of the most targaryen things they could do.
Trident 88
AG
Sam's chat with Bran was hilarious and awesome.

Would it have been better if Jon got a scroll from Bran letting him know who his parents were, and then he gives a wry smile and goes into Dany's room anyway?

Yes, it would have been totally out of character for Jon, but if they had made him a little less than 100% "Ned Stark" honorable, it could have been a great moment.
AggieRebel
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

I wish the NK would have just commanded the dragon from the ground since he controls everything else that way.

But now they can have a Top Gun style aerial battle with dragons.

NK gaining on Jon. "I'm bringing him in closer, Tormund." "You're gonna do what?!"
redline248
AG
Speaking of Theon fighting...he should have stood a little better ground in that fight. He was trained with Jon and Robb...that was just some knucklehead from the Iron Islands.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Do we think Tormund and Beric died on the wall?

PS - getting a raven out wasn't so important...Bran knows.
redline248
AG
AggieRebel said:

Joseph Parrish said:

I wish the NK would have just commanded the dragon from the ground since he controls everything else that way.

NK gaining on Jon. "I'm bringing him in closer, Tormund." "You're gonna do what?!"
Don't think Tormund made it out of this one.

Poor Brienne
redbaron788
AG
No but seriously, I was on the edge of my seat the entire first half of the episode waiting for some **** to be pulled by Cersei in the dragonpit. Also I was nervous as hell for Jaime when he walked away from the Mountain.
The Debt
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Of course not. They died on the ground.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Trident 88 said:

Would it have been better if Jon got a scroll from Bran letting him know who his parents were, and then he gives a wry smile and goes into Dany's room anyway?

Idk about better - but it would have made me laugh. There will be a meme of that for sure!
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
redline248 said:

AggieRebel said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Don't think Tormund made it out of this one.

Poor Brienne

It looked like only part of the wall fell. Tormund will conveniently be alive on the other side, don't worry.
MW03
AG
I'm pretty sure Tormund is alive, bros.
The Debt
I was so hoping the wight died in the crate.
gigemags-99
AG
AggieRebel said:

Joseph Parrish said:

AggieEE
AG
Zombie Brent Hinds of Mastodon
Dr. Spaceman
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

Fantastic episode!

BUT...

Bangs Dragon Queen*

Reminds me of a hypothetical some friends and I talked about recently. You have a chance to hook up with whomever you think is the hottest chick on the planet, like Kate Beckinsale, and right before you are about to get it on it's revealed she is your aunt. Would you still do her?

Almost everyone said yes it wouldn't change their mind at all

So there's a good chance Jon would have said "**** it" and done her anyways
agrams
AG
InternetFan02 said:

<cue Bran Stark's music>

"Wait I have some more info about Jon..."

<cue Sam Tarly's music>

"Yes the weird crippled boy is correct...tell them what you read, Gilly..."

Damn near spot on.. hah
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PS - getting a raven out wasn't so important...Bran knows.

I went back and watched for Tormund, it looks like he ended up on the intact portion of the wall, then no further scenes with either. So that plus the fact that the show didn't explicitly show them dying, I'm assuming he (and probably Beric) are still alive.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Trident 88
AG
The Debt said:

I was so hoping the wight died in the crate.
They did a great job with the suspense. Wondering whether or not the wight was going to be alive or dead was my "shiiiitting bricks" moment in this episode, like Tormund getting buried under wights was in the last episode.
Bunk Moreland
That episode was terrible from a writing, pacing, and plot perspective.... But GoT is too big to fail for me so in the end I was still half caring.

As soon as I said Littlefinger has no purpose in this show anymore, that was resolved.
Goldie Wilson
What was the point of the siege scene at the beginning with the unsullied and Dothraki?
agsquirrel97
AG
Bran's big reveal....Jon Sand

Cue Dany meme - summer is coming, I've already had 6" of sand
Trident 88
AG
Dan 07 said:

What was the point of the siege scene at the beginning with the unsullied and Dothraki?
Intimidation
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

That episode was terrible from a writing, pacing, and plot perspective.... But GoT is too big to fail for me so in the end I was still half caring.

As soon as I said Littlefinger has no purpose in this show anymore, that was resolved.

disagree completely.

and personally i wouldn't watch a show i felt that way about but each to his own i suppose.

i've stopped watching many shows several seasons into it....it's not that hard.
agrams
AG
the point was 'don't do anything stupid with our queen (Dany) in your discussions or else we will F your city up...'
The Debt
Dan 07 said:

Show of force.

First Page Last Page
Page 190 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.