Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,093 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Joan Wilder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Imagine the reaction in Winterfell if ravens bring north the news of The King in the north riding a dragon. Across the realm this makes news. Maybe howland Reed emerges. King Jon rode a damn dragon. This is a game changer in the story...
nikator
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

JJxvi said:

Jon's just doing what the plot needs him to do like everyone else now. I will say that it has crossed the line to being truly bad rather than just different. Almost nothing believable happened in the last episode. It was almost a comedy.

I think the last episode had some pretty horrible writing. The whole raven cell phone thing just doesn't work for me. And then there's this thing called hypothermia.
And instead of stripping off his cold frozen clothes right away at Eastwatch, they drag him all the way past the castle, on to a small boat and then the big ship
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
AtlAg05
AG
With those unbelievable dragons flying around them.....
Joseph Parrish
AG
AtlAg05 said:

See this is a stupid comment. They've introduced dragons into the show. While they are fantasy, that doesn't mean that other realistic elements or dangers should be ignored.

As another example...if Jamie suddenly grew his hand back, would that be something you would believe?
Post removed:
by user
nikator
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

AtlAg05 said:

See this is a stupid comment. They've introduced dragons into the show. While they are fantasy, that doesn't mean that other realistic elements or dangers should be ignored.

As another example...if Jamie suddenly grew his hand back, would that be something you would believe?
Amen..the best fantasy does not blindly ignore reality and logic.

The cinematography of the episode was great, but the plot was awful and the characters (including the Night King who could have basically ended the war by taking out Drogon and then killing Dany...but we still have 7 episodes to go so he could not) were stupid.

No real explanation given why the Mag 7 did not take horses...they could have raced back to the wall after capturing the wight and no dragon need have died (possibly Thoros as well).

Benjen basically commits suicide because the showrunners (like with the Blackfish) wanted to randomly end his story arc. If he could escape the wights with Bran and Meera on his horse, he could have done so with Jon...and then after delivering him to the wall, gone back in hiding.

I enjoy watching the show, but that does not mean I should ignore lazy plot development.
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
nikator
AG
BTW the wights remind me of the droids in Star Wars A Phantom Menace...totally useless one on one...but can only win from sheer numbers
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
Belton Ag
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

AtlAg05 said:

Probably. I've watched people being brought back from the dead on this show, so growing a hand back wouldn't be much of a stretch.
AtlAg05
AG
It's called drama, if all the characters made the best possible decisions, stories would be quite boring. Horror movies would have no one get killed , etc etc.

I enjoy these shows/stories because I can suspend logic and just get immersed in what is happening. I don't look for plot holes or political undertones. Sit back relax and enjoy it, or don't and never watch another minute.
Joseph Parrish
AG
AtlAg05 said:

It's called drama, if all the characters made the best possible decisions, stories would be quite boring. Horror movies would have no one get killed , etc etc.

I enjoy these shows/stories because I can suspend logic and just get immersed in what is happening. I don't look for plot holes or political undertones. Sit back relax and enjoy it, or don't and never watch another minute.
Oh yeah, just because we think a certain part of it wasn't done well means we should never watch again. Another stupid comment.

Answer the question. If Jamie grew his hand back would you think that was believable? The point I'm trying to make here is that the most unrealistic parts have been built up and explained (Dragons, Resurrections, White Walkers) and have therefore become accepted. But there are limits.

To use your own line against you. If you can't handle discussion about the show, then never come back to this thread again. See how stupid it sounds?
Joseph Parrish
AG
Belton Ag said:

Joseph Parrish said:

AtlAg05 said:

Probably. I've watched people being brought back from the dead on this show, so growing a hand back wouldn't be much of a stretch.
Lies
redline248
AG
Can we talk about how strong the Night King must be? A hand thrown javelin travels at a much slower speed than one launched from a ballista. Yet Drogon shrugged one off and Viserion gets obliterated.

I know, I know...magic involved with the Night King. Still...
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's because it's a badass ice-blade, not so much the speed. Like how a sword that isn't Valyrian gets obliterated by one clash. Unfortunately, that dragon's neck was made of Viserion instead of Valyrian.
AtlAg05
AG
Wow did I hit a nerve bud? I'm not the one arguing over a tv show getting defensive. The discussion can be good when it isn't nitpicking the logic behind every event
Joseph Parrish
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

It's because it's a badass ice-blade, not so much the speed. Like how a sword that isn't Valyrian gets obliterated by one clash. Unfortunately, that dragon's neck was made of Viserion instead of Valyrian.
I'll bet something Valyrian comes into play to take down the undead Viserion.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Has no one played Zelda? Ice weapons one-hit-kill fire monsters, and vice versa.
dcAg
A few points. When they were on the rock in the middle of the frozen lake why didn't Beric melt all the ice around the rock. Also why didn't they just huddle around the sword until help came?

Does Jorah have a Valyrian dagger? Wasn't it he that stabbed the ice bear to kill him? Why didn't the flaming swords kill him. Granted he was on fire but I thought they had more magic.

Why do they always have the windows open in the castles when it is freezing outside and constantly snowing?

If Hodor comes back as a Wight and the Ice Dragon is resurrected do you think Brann can Warg them? That would be quite a flip during a battle. Means he hasn't done anything to help anyone because he is interested in the long play.

Also when Gendry was running the marathon back to the wall I'm pretty sure I saw a Lowe's in the background. Probably where the Wights got their chains.
DCPD158
AG
Final episode, Season 7 = 79minutes long
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
jamaggie06
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Quote:

My ep 7 guesses:
Where I stop reading.

lol no offense, but it seems like too many people's 'guesses' are based tangentially on what other (potentially spoiler *******s) have postulated.

I'll chop the hands off the next man that calls me *******!
tremble
AG
It's pretty easy to see that Qyburn/Cersei's ballistas are going to end up launching obsidian bolts to kill this dragon. If they really want to be on the nose with it we might even get a mirror shot of the bolt piercing the skull as when Qyburn originally demonstrated to Cersei.
JaneDoe02
AG
wangus12 said:

Get amped for the the finale lads.

Very well done!
AggieRob93
AG
dcAg said:

Does Jorah have a Valyrian dagger? Wasn't it he that stabbed the ice bear to kill him? Why didn't the flaming swords kill him. Granted he was on fire but I thought they had more magic.

Dragon glass.
redline248
AG
tremble said:

It's pretty easy to see that Qyburn/Cersei's ballistas are going to end up launching obsidian bolts to kill this dragon. If they really want to be on the nose with it we might even get a mirror shot of the bolt piercing the skull as when Qyburn originally demonstrated to Cersei.

Maybe they find some Children of the forest somewhere to imbue the dragonglass with magic, and then it turns Viserion free of the Night King's control.
Urban Ag
AG
When this is all said and done I think it would be very interesting to see it divulged as to who came up with what once the series progressed beyond the books.

For example, Cercei and Qyburn blowing up the Great Sept - HBO or Martin?

Dany taking out the Dothraki Khals in the manner she did, thus truly gaining her army - HBO or Martin?

Euron aligning with Cercei - HBO or Martin?

Battle of the Bass-turds - HBO or Martin?

Mission beyond the wall the get a wight - HBO or Martin?

I think we can look at all these major plot points and kind of have an inclination as to where the idea came from, case by case. But it would really be fun to get some clarification. We know the HBO writers were given the "big picture" for how most of this ends but I highly doubt that many granular details were provided considering GRRM can't even finish TWOW. Would be cool to see what vision he really gave them and what they came up with themselves, again, past the book material.
plowboy1065
S
Bravo to whoever put that together!
benchmark
AG
redline248 said:

Can we talk about how strong the Night King must be? A hand thrown javelin travels at a much slower speed than one launched from a ballista. Yet Drogon shrugged one off and Viserion gets obliterated.

I know, I know...magic involved with the Night King. Still...
Put that scene on slo-mo and you can see the homing device...
Texaggie7nine
Still doesn't explain the massive amounts of blood coming from a puncture from such a narrow spear.
7nine
combat wombat™
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Still doesn't explain the massive amounts of blood coming from a puncture from such a narrow spear.
Maybe he hit a major artery.
powerbelly
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

It is a magic spear. Watch again, there is a huge hole.
Cromagnum
AG
Us Houstonians might be boned as we will have a storm stirring up trouble while this is supposed to air.
zip90
AG
I think the javelin hit while the dragon was blowing fire and the fire exploded out the side of its neck and wrecked its throat.
TheVarian
AG
Y'all, it is a fantasy show. I swear some of y'all get butt hurt about the most insignificant comments or little things in the show. Just enjoy it.
JJxvi
AG
nm
powerbelly
AG
TheVarian said:

Y'all, it is a fantasy show. I swear some of y'all get butt hurt about the most insignificant comments or little things in the show. Just enjoy it.

The issues take away from the enjoyment. Im not sure why that is so hard to understand.
Texaggie7nine
TheVarian said:

There is a difference in fantasy and lazy writing.
7nine
First Page Last Page
Page 181 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.