Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,769 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AstroAg17 said:

DSAg44 said:

how do fire-fearing zombies make chains?
How do zombies that can't swim attach chains to a dragon at the bottom of a lake?
They simply walked to the bottom maybe?
wangus12
AG
Well Sansa said she hasn't heard from him in weeks so I wouldn't be shocked that they find out until he returns in person. He'll want to be there to defend his decision
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

AstroAg17 said:

DSAg44 said:

how do fire-fearing zombies make chains?
How do zombies that can't swim attach chains to a dragon at the bottom of a lake?
They simply walked to the bottom maybe?

Grab chain, jump in water and let chain drag them to the bottom, attach chain to dragon, climb up chain, pull chain and dragon out.
wangus12
AG
Sasappis said:

wangus12 said:

Well Sansa said she hasn't heard from him in weeks so I wouldn't be shocked that they find out until he returns in person. He'll want to be there to defend his decision

He has been gone for a long time. Word will come from the wall he has went south and not returned home.
They went south were they are holding a great big council to convince everyone of the NK threat which was why he left in the first place. I also think the conversation on the boat remains private between him and Dany in the meantime. They both know the NK is the #1 threat.

Granted it definitely looks like in the preview that some dark **** is going down in Winterfell. Maybe the northern lords really do decide to flip on Jon. Loyal-less *******s
Sex Panther
AG
It doesn't matter if the zombies make it back out of the water. Probably safe to say they're mindless and do the NK's bidding
combat wombat™
AG
Quote:

They left him alone bc he agreed to provide them the male sons.

But they let him keep the female sons.
Carl Underguard
AG
That was settled long ago.
JJxvi
AG
Well, so that was dumb. I mean really, REALLY dumb.
dcAg
I'm an old so I don't read reddit.

I binge watched and finished right before the start of this season.

Even I was able to suggest that There would be a Dragon WW. Also suggested that Hodor would come back as a Wight or WW.

What is going to happen to Benjen? Does he come back? If he does then would he end up turning on the NK after running back into Jon?

I love the theory that someone posted about Arya taking LF face and controlling his army. Does she go as far as using the LF face to ultimately kill Cersi?
Joseph Parrish
AG
dcAg said:

What is going to happen to Benjen? Does he come back? If he does then would he end up turning on the NK after running back into Jon?
Benjen was already dead or half dead at least. Not sure if it works the same way with him.
Bruce Almighty
AG
dcAg said:

I'm an old so I don't read reddit.

I binge watched and finished right before the start of this season.

Even I was able to suggest that There would be a Dragon WW. Also suggested that Hodor would come back as a Wight or WW.

I love the theory that someone posted about Arya taking LF face and controlling his army. Does she go as far as using the LF face to ultimately kill Cersi?

When she takes somebody's face, does she magically grow a few inches? She's tiny. How is anyone going to fall for a 5 foot, 100 pound Little Finger?
dcAg
There was a discussion about this some time ago. I think the consensus is that she "becomes" that person in all manners. Don't know if was or can be verified.
redline248
AG
combat wombat said:

Quote:

They left him alone bc he agreed to provide them the male sons.

But they let him keep the female sons.

dammit
JJxvi
AG
Jon Snow proves that Varro and Paullus could have been great commanders if only someone was around to save their ass every time they walked into a Cannae
wangus12
AG
She did say that she "lives" in someone else's skin when she puts on the faces. Maybe that means she does change height
BallerStaf2003
AG
Someone on reddit brought up an awesome point that whenever Littlefinger has spoken this season, at any point, you can hear RAVENS in the background.

Meaning Bran has been on top of things and will be taking action very soon!
Carl Underguard
AG
Is that all Bran is going to contribute to this season? Fixing the relationship for his sisters that never should have fallen apart so quickly in the first place?
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

When she takes somebody's face, does she magically grow a few inches? She's tiny. How is anyone going to fall for a 5 foot, 100 pound Little Finger?

Yes. Mellisandre's youth glamour moves her breasts about 3 feet up. So, yeah, it's plausible in the GoT world.
wangus12
AG
Episode 7 Title released.

The Dragon and The Wolf

Most likely talking about Jon and Daenerys, but also Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Also that Jon is a the combo of both
EFE
AG
And thank goodness for her youthful tits
Hulla Baller
AG
I just finished the episode. The Arya/Sansa storyline is the worst right now. They better not **** it up next episode.
BoneBoy
AG
I've been wondering could Sansa sending Brienne to King's Landing be to allow her to eliminate Arya? I hope not. If so she's in for a rude awakening.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
BoneBoy said:

I've been wondering could Sansa sending Brienne to King's Landing be to allow her to eliminate Arya? I hope not. If so she's in for a rude awakening.

Sansa gonna be like

aggie93
AG
I still enjoy the Show but my disappointment is growing. They have clearly put the focus on having epic scenes in a Michael Bay fantasy of trying to do "cool stuff" over focusing on the story. For me I have always enjoyed the story over the pure scenery. I know they can't be what the Books are and don't expect them to be but the plot holes are mounting up at such a pace now I don't know what matters and what doesn't.

One of the biggest plot holes that has generally been ignored and honestly is costing the Show in terms of additional story is how they allowed a Lannister Army (plus the Tarlys, which are no greater than the 4th largest House in the Reach) to just roll over Highgarden even though they had virtually their entire army to defend a castle on a hill. The Tyrells (along with the Hightowers and Redwynes which are HUGE houses) went down and the Lannisters barely lost a man. Also, Dorne simply is sitting back and doing nothing as the Lannisters have killed their leaders which is completely against the personality of that region. Dorne has an untouched army that is just sitting out.

You also have the Vale, one of the most populous parts of Westeros and apparently they only have 2k Knights and they all seem to follow Royce and LF. They have also apparently declared for Stark but without the Liege Lord even knowing about it? Are they now vassals to the Starks or allies?

The Unsullied took Casterly Rock where Edmure Tully is prisoner and that is just left out there. Also we don't know what happened to Roslin or their son. So what is going on in the Riverlands and all of the Houses there? The Freys were killed but their army was not.

Where the hell is Ghost? We haven't seen him since Jon was at the Wall. We have time to go create Zombie Polar Bear but Ghost just disappears?

I just hope and pray that somehow Martin can stay alive long enough to finish the books and end the story properly. The Show is just becoming unrecognizable with the lazy writing and the focus on big theatrics with little concern for the actual story.
PatAg
AG
I don't recall the Vale being described as most populous. They have been pretty much left to their own devices in all the various Wars and battles though
dc509
AG
Quote:

One of the biggest plot holes that has generally been ignored and honestly is costing the Show in terms of additional story is how they allowed a Lannister Army (plus the Tarlys, which are no greater than the 4th largest House in the Reach) to just roll over Highgarden even though they had virtually their entire army to defend a castle on a hill. The Tyrells (along with the Hightowers and Redwynes which are HUGE houses) went down and the Lannisters barely lost a man.

This is a decent point. The story that they created was the the Tyrell's were simply bad soldiers, but that's a story they simple created out of thin air to speed things along. Their most recent actions in the last book runs counter to the idea that they can't fight.

redline248
AG
Yep, HBO is simply eliminating characters and plots to speed up the story. All it's really done is shrink the world they started with.
dcAg
OK if this has been discussed (and it probably has ad nauseam) What is the value of a 3ER?

Just to see the way things happened or are happening? I guess to see the way things are happening is more Warg than 3ER?

Seems like a pretty useless character so he MUST do something worthwhile. At least Bran doesn't have to live under a tree. Also are there any more Children of the Forest left?
BallerStaf2003
AG
dc509 said:

Quote:

One of the biggest plot holes that has generally been ignored and honestly is costing the Show in terms of additional story is how they allowed a Lannister Army (plus the Tarlys, which are no greater than the 4th largest House in the Reach) to just roll over Highgarden even though they had virtually their entire army to defend a castle on a hill. The Tyrells (along with the Hightowers and Redwynes which are HUGE houses) went down and the Lannisters barely lost a man.

This is a decent point. The story that they created was the the Tyrell's were simply bad soldiers, but that's a story they simple created out of thin air to speed things along. Their most recent actions in the last book runs counter to the idea that they can't fight.

Loras tyrell was considered the second best knight in westeros, behind Jamie.

He was in a rage in the books wanting to avenge Renly, and didn't spend all day drinking in gay bathhouses, but that's another issue with the show altogether.
redline248
AG
My best guess would be to learn how the walkers were defeated the first time. An alliance between the children and first men is pretty vague.

No idea if there are any children left, but I doubt HBO brings them back. Unless they need someone to run another marathon.
MaroonStain
AG
Jaime and Olenna briefly discussed the battle to which Olenna stated, "There is a reason why our sigil is a rose." (paraphrased)
RDV-1992
aggie93 said:

I still enjoy the Show but my disappointment is growing. They have clearly put the focus on having epic scenes in a Michael Bay fantasy of trying to do "cool stuff" over focusing on the story. For me I have always enjoyed the story over the pure scenery. I know they can't be what the Books are and don't expect them to be but the plot holes are mounting up at such a pace now I don't know what matters and what doesn't.

One of the biggest plot holes that has generally been ignored and honestly is costing the Show in terms of additional story is how they allowed a Lannister Army (plus the Tarlys, which are no greater than the 4th largest House in the Reach) to just roll over Highgarden even though they had virtually their entire army to defend a castle on a hill. The Tyrells (along with the Hightowers and Redwynes which are HUGE houses) went down and the Lannisters barely lost a man. Also, Dorne simply is sitting back and doing nothing as the Lannisters have killed their leaders which is completely against the personality of that region. Dorne has an untouched army that is just sitting out.

You also have the Vale, one of the most populous parts of Westeros and apparently they only have 2k Knights and they all seem to follow Royce and LF. They have also apparently declared for Stark but without the Liege Lord even knowing about it? Are they now vassals to the Starks or allies?

The Unsullied took Casterly Rock where Edmure Tully is prisoner and that is just left out there. Also we don't know what happened to Roslin or their son. So what is going on in the Riverlands and all of the Houses there? The Freys were killed but their army was not.

Where the hell is Ghost? We haven't seen him since Jon was at the Wall. We have time to go create Zombie Polar Bear but Ghost just disappears?

I just hope and pray that somehow Martin can stay alive long enough to finish the books and end the story properly. The Show is just becoming unrecognizable with the lazy writing and the focus on big theatrics with little concern for the actual story.
Well, this is the show now. In the books the Tarleys are the 4th biggest house, at best, in the Reach. In the show the Hightowers have barely been mentioned, if at all. And the Redwynes and the Arbor haven't been mentioned once that I can remember. I get that its a plot hole that they took Highgarden so quickly. But maybe not the house bit.

Agree that Dorne (either show or book version) would rise up. But that's more likely for book Dorne in my opinion. Supposedly show Dorne accepted the murder of their lord and his heir by Tyene and the sand snakes, so show Dorne's loyalty is a little more suspect than book Dorne's is.

I guess I didn't realize that the Vale is well populated. But that makes sense - its a series of fertile valleys in a mountainous region.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Edmure. I like the idea of him regaining Riverrun. And maybe the Twins too.

I hope ghost makes an appearance this week. Maybe in a "I met your dragons, I'd like you to meet my direwolf" way. And then Bran drops a truth bomb on them all.

I just don't think that Martin will finish the story. I think he will finish Winds of Winter. But not the next book or books. He does not seem to perform well under time pressure, or pressure in general. The first books were written much quicker than the last couple (when the series started getting popular). But maybe once the show ends the pressure will be off. And he would be able to focus since most of his audience (and editors) will have moved on to other things. Or maybe wildcards will get really popular, and the pressure he feels there will push him back to Westeros.
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.