Aladdin live-action remake, directed by Guy Ritchie

51,991 Views | 362 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Fat Bib Fortuna
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

Sex Panther said:

Guy Ritchie is so terrible now it legit worries me regarding this. This movie should be awesome. Aladdin might be my favorite Disney movie.
I don't get where you are coming from on this. The animated movie was great, but I would assume any live action version of an animated movie would suck until proven otherwise. The vast majority of them end up like that.

It should be great because it's a great story and source material. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't translate well.

As far as live action remakes The Jungle Book was excellent, and I didn't see it but I heard that Beauty and the Beast was really good as well. Disney knows that they're doing.

I will be skeptical as long as Ritchie is directing though. That guy hasn't made a halfway decent movie in over a decade.
double aught
AG
Abu looks cool at least.
TCTTS
AG
If it's any consolation, again, it can't be reiterated enough that EW covers ALWAYS make characters/costumes look like crap. But I also wanted to add that at two theaters I frequent, The Landmark and The ArcLight, costumes from the weekend's releases are on display in the lobby nearly every single weekend. And about half the time I'm surprised at how cheap and crappy they look in person. Even if they looked great in the movie. In other words, I wouldn't judge until we actually see them ON FILM, and not in EW stills, which are the print equivalent of the theater lobby, so to speak.

That said, it *does* drive me nuts when costumes/sets are super clean and pristine in-movie and not "lived in." It just looks so fake otherwise, and looks especially weird, as they do here, when the costumes are clean and crisp as can be in a desert setting.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Does Alladin's red vest remind anyone else of Marty McFly in those images?
AMW2010
AG
Thanks... now I can't unsee it!!
bearamedic99
AG
double aught said:

Abu looks cool at least.

Is that the same monkey actor from the Hangover and Pirates of the Caribbean movies?
double aught
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Dork thinks he's gonna drown!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Will Smith confirmed.

Not feeling this pick at all.
Shoulda been Zach Galifianakis
I feel like Terry Crews would have made a good genie
Gigem314
AG
double aught said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

Dork thinks he's gonna drown!
Hey kid did what did you do, jump ship? Well what's with the life preserver?
Gigem314
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Van Buren Boy said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Will Smith confirmed.

Not feeling this pick at all.
Shoulda been Zach Galifianakis
I feel like Terry Crews would have made a good genie
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Charlie Conway
C@LAg said:

From the Internet, take with a grain of salt.

The following is from the comment section of the Clownfish TV taking about said remake from someone who saw a test screening.
Quote:

I've seen the movie. He's blue when he's in CGI genie form. But it doesn't help the fact that they removed major scenes from the original, dramatically changed key characters (like Iago, Aladdin & Jasmine), re-wrote the script so it's more "woke" and injected plenty of ideology into it. It has none of the magic of the original cartoon, a literal fraction of the humor and plenty of SJW/ideology/politics injected into it. I won't be paying to see it and I would highly recommend against seeing it. They had a working formula after Beauty & the Beast and Jungle Book. I don't know why they messed with it, but now I'm worried about all the others they have lined up. (Lion King, Little Mermaid, Mulan, etc)

The two biggest and easiest examples are a new song dedicated to Jasmine singing about how she's not going to let them "silence" her. The other being the complete change of the ending as she becomes the first female Sultan. They don't even hint at Jasmine/Aladdin getting married.

Iago (for reasons that are beyond me) is turned into a 'normal' parrot. The carpet has been tuned down, even Raja takes a backseat because they put in a new character, a handmaiden for Jasmine who is a love interest for Will Smith's genie. There are a lot more changes than this...

oh no that sounds horrible
Olsen
AG
Here are more pictures that were not posted here yet.

TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
I don't know if I buy it...

That said, Guy Ritchie sucks now. So I am not counting on this movie being good at all.
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

The following is from the comment section of the Clownfish TV taking about said remake from someone who saw a test screening.
Quote:

I've seen the movie. He's blue when he's in CGI genie form. But it doesn't help the fact that they removed major scenes from the original, dramatically changed key characters (like Iago, Aladdin & Jasmine), re-wrote the script so it's more "woke" and injected plenty of ideology into it. It has none of the magic of the original cartoon, a literal fraction of the humor and plenty of SJW/ideology/politics injected into it. I won't be paying to see it and I would highly recommend against seeing it. They had a working formula after Beauty & the Beast and Jungle Book. I don't know why they messed with it, but now I'm worried about all the others they have lined up. (Lion King, Little Mermaid, Mulan, etc)

The two biggest and easiest examples are a new song dedicated to Jasmine singing about how she's not going to let them "silence" her. The other being the complete change of the ending as she becomes the first female Sultan. They don't even hint at Jasmine/Aladdin getting married.

Iago (for reasons that are beyond me) is turned into a 'normal' parrot. The carpet has been tuned down, even Raja takes a backseat because they put in a new character, a handmaiden for Jasmine who is a love interest for Will Smith's genie. There are a lot more changes than this...

I got about halfway through the first paragraph and stopped reading. They used terms like "woke" "ideology" "SJW" , therefore their opinion is invalid.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Olsen
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
C@LAg said:

Quote:

This sounds so awful, I'm calling fake
wangus12
AG
Prince of Persia did it better

PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

PatAg said:

I got about halfway through the first paragraph and stopped reading. They used terms like "woke" "ideology" "SJW" , therefore their opinion is invalid.
Then you missed the last two paragraphs that comment on movie/story specifics and not the poster's own biased opinion.
I wouldn't say I missed it.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'll withhold judgement for when it comes out, but many times these articles end up being much ado about nothing. Sometimes they're warranted (The Last Jedi), but often it's just cranky old men yelling at clouds (Beauty and the Beast, Finding Dory, etc).
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

PatAg said:

C@LAg said:

PatAg said:

Then you missed the last two paragraphs that comment on movie/story specifics and not the poster's own biased opinion.
I wouldn't say I missed it.
actually you explicitly started that.
That's what is known as a joke, used in many movies and tv shows. You might be on the wrong forum.
caleblyn
All of those comments could be for the broadway show. My guess is that the live action takes pets and pieces from the animated movie and the broadway.

The movie will do great.
jackie childs
why do they need CGI for the genie? can't will smith just blue himself?

Tobias Funke
My Dad Earl
AG
Much better photo than the magazine cover.

The Collective
AG
Yes.
AgMarauder04
AG
CJS4715 said:

Yes.

Howdy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, this looks much better.

Makes me thing EW is just really bad at lighting these photos.
Belton Ag
AG
Damn!

Jasmine didn't look like that when we took the girls to the princess breakfast at Disney last year.
The Collective
AG
My Dad Earl said:

I'm not sure what myrhh smells like, but I'm positive that she smells like it.
PatAg
AG
My Dad Earl said:

she looks...smarter
hunter2012
AG
wangus12 said:

Prince of Persia did it better

For the record, not a bad movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.