Vice Principals on HBO

44,659 Views | 316 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Ghost of Bisbee
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VERY interesting idea. Even with only two episodes left, it does feel a bit too early to for the show to officially go all in on revealing Lee. Feels like there's time enough for one more twist, and either Lee's ex-wife or mother-in-law could certainly still be in play.
Street_Cred_Norm
Now that we are talking about it, I was a bit disturbed that a 14 year old is on the pill. I don't have teenagers, is that normal?
roveram
AG
I'd place a long-shot bet on it being the mother-in-law as the shooter.

Although the Jeep is "new", I think Lee said he got it during divorce proceedings.
TCTTS
AG
If not the mother-in-law, could someone be framing be Lee? It does seem a bit lazy that he would leave that stuff in the very car he's spending hours in with Gamby.

That said, I keep going back to the core concept of the show, which was Gamby vs. Lee, from day one. So to have it truly be Lee in the end who shot him feels like it's coming full circle and back to its roots.

Or, is the point of the show for them to ultimately become legit friends (thus making Lee not the shooter)?

I love that they're keeping us guessing like this...
Streetfighter 02
AG
I don't think it's really Mi-Cha. The shooter is way too tall for that. I don't think it's Russell, either. There is, however, another character that has progressively shown to be more and more deranged as the season moves forward.
Duncan Idaho
Ms Abbot is my guess.
TCTTS
AG
AND she was in a position to have been able to easily plant the mask & gun. Yep, that's it.
Whos Juan
AG
Ms Abbott is my guess as well. She was mad that Russell got to go on the trip and she shows up in the driveway while they're out. She could've easily planted the mask in the Jeep since they left it at the beach house.
98Ag99Grad
AG
gotta be the crazy GF, not Lee. She planted it in the jeep while waiting for them. Lee is way too obvious.

Yeah, exactly what the guy above me said, LOL.
Bunk Moreland
Imo there's no way Lee is the shooter. That was an obvious swerve.

Loved that episode. Sad to see it go but 2 seasons is also enough
gomerschlep
AG
Kind of surprised this only got 2 season actually, I think it's been pretty good.
Bunk Moreland
That was an intense penultimate
Centerpole90
AG
Carlo4
AG
Access to new Jeep prior to mask discovery:

Gamby's ex wife and her husband while loading Jeep
Russell
Christine and mother in law
Abbot

That leaves 6 possible adults.

Technically Gamby's daughter and two friends had access but no way it's them. Feels way too obvious it's Lee or Abbot.

gumby579
AG
Holy ****. That was an amazing episode.
et98
AG
My money's on Abbot.

Either that, or Russell will somehow prove that it wasn't him and that it was one of the other characters, only for us to see that it actually was him and how he was able to convince everyone that it wasn't in some kind of epilogue.
brew82
"I'll play pickup ball for money" says Gamby after he gets fired. Hilarious. Loved the Gamby fist fight with Russell. Great episode. Last episode is going to be nuts.
Centerpole90
AG
That fight scene was awesome!
Streetfighter 02
AG
You've really got to suspend your disbelief that either of them would be allowed back after that display. I was really hoping for a full scale food fight. Sadly, I missed the one epic Duncan Dining Center food fight of my BQ career for a study session. It's even more bizarre that I, of all people, would be studying.
Bunk Moreland
Pretty sure you had to suspend your disbelief from the pilot on.
Al Bula
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Pretty sure you had to suspend your disbelief from the pilot on.
I choose to believe that teachers and administrators in public education are every bit as embarrassing, awkward and childish as what is presented on this show.
mhayden
Abbot is way too obvious.

Going to go with the above poster's scenario where we're led to believe it's Abbot until the last few minutes where there's a reveal solely to the viewer that Russel framed her and it was him all along.
Serious Lee
im thinking thats almost exactly how it plays out
Streetfighter 02
AG
I honestly don't think it's that much of a stretch.
Bunk Moreland
Streetfighter 02 said:

I honestly don't think it's that much of a stretch.

A lot of it I'm certain is just a caricatured version of the cliquiness and politics of public school teachers and administrators no doubt...but instead of a Vice Principal telling another Vice Principal "I'd love to burn that *****'s house down"...in the show they actually do it.

I guess I just found humor in the fact that it took 17 episodes and a ton of crazy **** already happening and just now we're going with "not sure I believe either would be allowed back in that school."
zap
AG
I still think it's Ray.

I feel like Russell would have owned up to it already, but he hasn't said boo.

Bunk Moreland
Same. I'd like to go back and watch s1 and see if there's some super off-handed comment in one of Gamby's many funny statements to Ray that slipped by and was a tip that he may have been the one.

Also, it's a classic swerve for a TV or movie (at least in my mind) to feel sympathetic for the guy in a humorous way (Ray and how Gamby ****s on him but he seems to be just a really good dude) ends up being the bad one on a show that basically everyone but him is outlandishly bad in their own ways.
Streetfighter 02
AG
The fight tore up the entire school in front of the teachers and student body. The rest of their antics are in "private." I'm not saying any of their actions are believable I just felt the knock-down drag-out slap fest was more over the top than the rest. At least Russell really looked beat up.
Urban Ag
AG
In terms of suspending your disbelief, I find it much more likely that two principals brawl in front of the entire school with little repercussion than Snodgrass ever hooking up with Gamby.

On the Crazy/Hot matrix, Snodgrass would fall right in the "marry zone". Young, hot, female teachers get plucked up quickly that way by successful, good looking, dudes, as long as they remain 8-10 hot, less than 5 crazy.

Now Gamby and Abbot make perfect sense.
Jrock76
shhopkins
PooDoo
AG
Wow, McBride has some odd feet.
Centerpole90
AG
I like it.

'Ima 'bout to make the news B*TCH.'
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
SHAMROCKS!!!

lol......Tiger was great. And of course it was Abbott. BSC

tylercsbn9
AG
What a great finale

And VP Miggs. Yes!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.