***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,421 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I imagine if they can get over wildlings they can get over a mixed blood kid they've already sworn fealty to.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
So Jon is a Targ. Ned's father and brother were killed by a Targ and the North fought against the Targs during Robert's rebellion, right? So what happens if/when the North finds out about Jon being a Targ?
Too little too late at this point, I think they would rally behind him in order to usurp Cersei. He's a Northerner, they'd like a Northerner on the throne.

They hid his identity to protect him during the immediate aftermaths of the war and from Robert Baratheon.
Ranger222
AG
My guess is Melissandre will also meet up again with the Brotherhood in some round about way. And don't forget she is on Ayra's list.

Speaking of which, anyone have a guess for the future of the Hound? He was the only major character we didn't see tonight. A little odd that they gave him an episode this season when we still don't really know what his story holds. I guess we can still get Clegane bowl in some round about way, just not in the style of the popular internet theory.

I think the Cersei/Jamie storyline will be an exact retelling of his slaying of the mad King. That's the kind of symmetry this show loves. Dany and her forces are at the gates of King's Landing, Cersei is already insane at this point (maybe wanting to burn them all as well -- Brann's dragon vision had KL's on fire. Still more to come), and Jamie stabs her in the back, literally. That fulfills the prophecy, seems to fit Jamie's character and cruel nature of the show, and maybe Tyrion and Jamie get to fight on the same side after all
jenn96
AG
This is pretty random, but about a million years ago GRRM was planning to call the final book in the series A Time for Wolves. Which gives me hope that the Starks will manage to hang together despite Littlefingers machinations.

Also, I hope all this nonsense about Jon marrying Dany will stop. Because in about 8 years he better marry Lyanna Mormont or he's an idiot.
SeattleAgJr
Post removed:
by user
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
quote:
So Jon is a Targ. Ned's father and brother were killed by a Targ and the North fought against the Targs during Robert's rebellion, right? So what happens if/when the North finds out about Jon being a Targ?

Jon is a son of the north who is true to his heritage. His parentage will have no negative impact in the north.

In fact he now is the clear white knight to the evil in cerci.
We now have our absolute hero to rally behind.
marble rye
AG
"Well where are they then? Trimming their cvnt hairs?"

Hahahaha.
marble rye
AG
And Bran needs some damn ravens. Can't Meera warg into some to bring them hither and send word to Jon and Sansa.

He's ALIVE.
marble rye
AG
Lyanna def said his name was Aegon. Read her lips.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
Lyanna def said his name was Aegon. Read her lips.
I'll have to watch it again tomorrow.

Aegon Targaryen is a cool ****in name.
jenn96
AG
Why would Lyanna name her child Aegon when Rhaegar's existing son was already named Aegon? That seems confusing. Granted, Baby Aegon was dead by then but it still seems confusing.
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This got cheers/applause.

marble rye
AG
Maybe it's like the Greeks...."...these are my sons Nick, Nicholas, Nickey, and Nikki."

Unless she whispered "He is Rhaegar's..." There is definitely a word with a g.

Rewound. I swear she mouths "his name is" and then the word with a g. It was 2 syllables. Couldn't have been Targaryian. Then you audibly hear, "Robert will kill him..."
MaroonStain
AG
Soooo Danaerys is Jon Snow's aunt?
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
Why would Lyanna name her child Aegon when Rhaegar's existing son was already named Aegon? That seems confusing. Granted, Baby Aegon was dead by then but it still seems confusing.
Did Rhaegar and Ellia have a child named Aegon in the show? If not, Aegon and Jon's stories could be merging in the show kinda-sorta.

I felt bad for Tommen. Still innocent, in a way, and trying his best after Joffrey's ****ed up ****-show of a performance. Got swept up in the "Great Game". Can't imagine Tyrion will be happy when he hears about his nephews fate and who, semi, caused it.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
quote:
Soooo Danaerys is Jon Snow's aunt?
Yes.
jenn96
bangobango
AG
Best episode ever.

I'll go one further - best episode in the history of television.

If you're "nitpicking" this, then somebody should kick you in the nutts. And yes, that includes Varys on the Dany's ship. That was obviously the director/producers reminding everyone that the timelines do NOT sync up.

I honestly don't know why that is o hard to understand or get over.

Sooo glad to see Jon finally get his moment. Dude deserves it of anybody on the show does.
SeattleAgJr
Someone on Reddit commented:
The lamp/light in the Library in Oldtown was the thingie at the end of the opening credits.

RAM 12
AG
SeattleAgJr

stupid YouTube.
click on the damn YouTube shield in bottom right to get it to play....
nikator
AG
Was watching the King in the North scene again and it looked like the Knights of the Vale joined the chant like the Riverlords did for Robb in Season 1. Did someone tell that epileptic imbecile Robert Arryn?
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
SeattleAgJr
quote:
So the whole Prince that was Promised has to be Jon right? "Born beneath a bleeding star." Ned lays Dawn, made from the heart of a fallen star, against the bed of Lyanna. And Lyanna repeats promise me Ned over and over.
it better be.

The whole thing of Dany being it instead just pisses me off.
Redassag94
AG
So does this mean Jon can be unburnt? Maybe an episode where he accidentally falls in fire and comes out ok...

#mindblown
marble rye
AG
quote:
There were three ways the guests of the Red Wedding were killed: by crossbow fire, by being stabbed in the gut, and by having their throats slit.

Tywin Lannister was killed by crossbow fire. Roose Bolton was stabbed in the gut. Walder Frey had his throat slit.

You're absolutely right. You reap what you sow.

Stolen from reddit.
marble rye
AG
quote:

stupid YouTube.
click on the damn YouTube shield in bottom right to get it to play....

-_-

Take it to the humor thread.
pb488
AG
quote:

So the whole Prince that was Promised has to be Jon right? "Born beneath a bleeding star." Ned lays Dawn, made from the heart of a fallen star, against the bed of Lyanna. And Lyanna repeats promise me Ned over and over.

what of the salt and smoke mentioned in the prophecy? iirc the prince that was promised does not necessarily mean azor ahai. I can't remember how the show has treated it, but my feeling in the books is dany = PTWP and jon = AA
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
Hot take: this is going to come down to Varys vs Littlefinger in the end. Everyone else is just pawns in their game. They've been at the center of everything so far, beginning in King's Landing on the council, and now they have control of Dany and the South (Varys) vs the North and the Vale (Littlefinger). They are the only ones that can tie all the houses together -- Varys now has Dany, Dorne and Highgarden. Littlefinger after tonight can manipulate all of the houses in the North with the King of the North via Sansa (my thought is he can and will still unknowingly manipulate her) as well as the Vale.
Yep. It will take Littlefinger about 10 minutes of manipulation to have the North and the KotV turn on Jon. Littlefinger can't be trusted but he's a winner - he's undefeated in the show. Jon Snow/Blackfyre is a 3 time loser (bailed out by Stannis, Melisandre, KotV).

And Littlefinger is on the record now saying what he really wants - the iron throne with Sansa at his side
redline248
AG
quote:
So does this mean Jon can be unburnt? Maybe an episode where he accidentally falls in fire and comes out ok...

#mindblown
No, he burned his hands in season 1 when throwing that lantern at the wight
BigTimeAlum
AG
This episode proves it doesn't matter if he is a *******, he is a Targ and they will follow him.

My prediction:

Bran comes in and tells the story. People are suspicious, but John will Lead a battle against Dany. She will land Drogon right in front of him, blast him with fire. All that will be there is a naked alive John and a flaming valirian sword. Battle ends and John and Dany are united.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
quote:
Hot take: this is going to come down to Varys vs Littlefinger in the end. Everyone else is just pawns in their game. They've been at the center of everything so far, beginning in King's Landing on the council, and now they have control of Dany and the South (Varys) vs the North and the Vale (Littlefinger). They are the only ones that can tie all the houses together -- Varys now has Dany, Dorne and Highgarden. Littlefinger after tonight can manipulate all of the houses in the North with the King of the North via Sansa (my thought is he can and will still unknowingly manipulate her) as well as the Vale.
Yep. It will take Littlefinger about 10 minutes of manipulation to have the North and the KotV turn on Jon. Littlefinger can't be trusted but he's a winner - he's undefeated in the show. Jon Snow/Blackfyre is a 3 time loser (bailed out by Stannis, Melisandre, KotV).

And Littlefinger is on the record now saying what he really wants - the iron throne with Sansa at his side

Sansa is clearly behind Jon and doesn't trust Littlefinger. She is concerned about what LF will do to cause Jon's downfall, so I think she will reverse course and choose to be with LF in order to protect Jon. She's certainly not innocent anymore, so she will probably go as far as seducing LF and maybe even helping him do some bad stuff (please make Sweetrobin fly!), all so she can gain his trust and ultimately turn the tables on him. The student will become the master. LF will die, Jon will rule the north, and Sansa will end up running the Vale.
OnlyForNow
AG
I think the Sansa look at LF at the end of their scene is Sansa's recognition that she has to marry Robert Aaryn to get rid of LF's influence. She knows he'll do anything, so she has to be willing to sacrifice.

Until that point in time LF has that kid in his back pocket.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
This episode proves it doesn't matter if he is a *******, he is a Targ and they will follow him.

My prediction:

Bran comes in and tells the story. People are suspicious, but John will Lead a battle against Dany. She will land Drogon right in front of him, blast him with fire. All that will be there is a naked alive John and a flaming valirian sword. Battle ends and John and Dany are united.
I dig the idea of Jon's Targ blood being revealed by a blast of Drogon's fire. I would love to see that, but I think it's a longshot.

I think Sam/Tyrion will somehow prevent or at least, delay an all-out war between Dany and Jon, Bran will show up at just the right time to reveal the truth about Jon's parents, and then Aunt Dany and Jon will team up to take on the Whitewalkers.
First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.