***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,910 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Gerald Tarrant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:

best episode ever?????...maybe. top 3 for me at least.

the dragons and the battle....holy hell!!!!!

i'm gonna assume any complaints about the last 3 filler episodes is a moot point now.

the whole creative team behind this series has really nailed all the big action setpieces. Blackwater, Hardhome, now this...top-quality stuff
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

i'm gonna assume any complaints about the last 3 filler episodes is a moot point now.

the whole creative team behind this series has really nailed all the big action setpieces. Blackwater, Hardhome, now this...top-quality stuff

Still doesn't make the ****ty episodes any better though
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
And I just dont see Jon's character becoming an overt badass. I think him pummeling Ramsey's face will be the height of it.
You don't think him personally killing at least 50 people in battle was badass?

I said overt. As in owning it. He will stay humble and meek, etc. He will be the Tim Duncan of warriors.
annie88
AG
quote:
Rickon, you zig and then you zag.

Zig and then zag

And run behind the burning flayed men too.
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
quote:
quote:

out of the 59 episodes we've seen, i can only think of maybe a small handful that i'd even call remotely shltty though. and those are all still leagues better than most television (IMO)

that's pretty damn impressive
annie88
AG
Disagree. They just weren't there yet, I don't think. Without them it's over. She tried to get him to postpone. She probably should've told him but what if they hadn't come.

BTW the beat down Jon have Tamsey was awesome. I knew they'd feed him to his own dogs, but it was satisfying,
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
Rickon, you zig and then you zag.

Zig and then zag

Serpentine, Shel! Serpentine!
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

out of the 59 episodes we've seen, i can only think of maybe a small handful that i'd even call remotely shltty though. and those are all still leagues better than most television (IMO)

that's pretty damn impressive

I was just messing around. I don't think any were really ****ty (more like just disappointing scenes or decisions). There are always great scenes that help bring it along.
Sapper Redux
We consider some episodes ****ty because they just move the set pieces. Not because they're genuinely groan-inducing television. I can at least respect that they aren't consistently insulting my intelligence.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Disagree. They just weren't there yet, I don't think. Without them it's over. She tried to get him to postpone. She probably should've told him but what if they hadn't come.

BTW the beat down Jon have Tamsey was awesome. I knew they'd feed him to his own dogs, but it was satisfying,

I think a heads up that they MIGHT come is still warranted though.
McInnis 03
AG
Goodbye Wun Wun.
marble rye
AG
I think a little of it was bc he didn't ask her for input on Ramsay as she pointed out. She's becoming clever. The smirk on her face walking away from Ramsay being eaten alive tells me that any of innocent hopeful Sansa is gone. She has been through hell with two of the realm's most awful men. She is going to become a force in her own right, imo. Don't forget that for a while, Cersei took her under her wing to mentor her. I think she retained what she leatned.
Ambres
AG
quote:
quote:
Great eps. Starts with a battle and ends with a battle.. man this eps saved this season .. can't wait to see how this end.
It didn't save the season, it just made you forget the previous 2 episodes. This season has been the best to date IMO, although that may be in large part due to being unsullied now that its passed the books.
No.. sadly it didn't .. but rewatching the old seasons and just accepted that their are going to be a few dudes each season. The story should move better now we have 4 main stories... and hopefully 3 by the end of the season. ...ie Arya moves into one of the other stories.

Dany, Yara, Theon, Imp - Mereen (Hopefully soon to King Landing)
Sansa, Littlefinger, Jon - Winterfell
Arya - Bravos
Cersi, Tomman, Magarey, High Sparrow - King Landing

Jaimie should be returning to King Landing story
Sam .. ok that may return as a story .. I am hoping that merges with someone else story soon
Lady Tarth and the Brotherhood w/ no banners.. hoping they merge with Sansa, Jon & Littlefinger

McInnis 03
AG
Are ya gonna celebrate Ramsays departure with some pie? I am!!
Ambres
AG
quote:
Are ya gonna celebrate Ramsays departure with some pie? I am!!
I actually wish they did the Manderly .. Frey Pie story and had him betray Ramsay during the battle.

Also was disappointed in the Umbers and Glover families.
Apache
AG
Slavers Bay battle and subsequent meeting of Yara and Dany was 4 stars. Five stars if they make out to seal the pact.

I thought the Bastage Bowl was one of the best battles I have ever seen of that era. Jon was going to try and do a repeat of the battle of Cannae, but Ramsay took him off his plan with a brilliantly terrible killing of Rikon. (I called his death btw lol). Glad they decided to skip the stereotypical overdone St. Crispins Day speech.
Jon being buried in a pile and helpless reminded me of some football situations I had been in. Great depictions of the fog of close quarter combat.

I didn't think Sansa let Jon take a beating, I think she was trying to stall so the Knights of the Vale could arrive to help. Not sure why she did not tell him. She seems to be holding back her connection to Littlefinger with him.

Sorry to see WunWun die. I wished he had a tree trunk club so he could have teed off on Boltons. I guess giants are dumb.

Ramsey died a fitting death. I was hoping Sansa would behead him and become a badass legendary Stark female.

Great episode. Maybe the best of the series.
nikator
AG
Possibly the most satisfying ending since Season 4 Episode 3...maybe even more satisfying
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
marble rye
AG
Only thing I didn't get is why didn't Wun Wun just run through and break the spears that were pushing them in? Dude was ripping men in half and not helping.
ellebee
Yeah he was just swinging his arms around and not doing much.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Why are we sure Sansa KNEW they were even coming.

She wrote the letter but we never saw it received, never saw LF react to it, etc.

As far as Sansa knew, perhaps they didn't get it or didn't respond.

Just because she was with him at the battle does not mean she knew, and it doesn;t mean she went to meet or get him either.

Could have been that the entire army left the camp and Sansa stayed behind (as women do) and LF arrived and then Sansa rode out with him to the battle scene to see the victory.

She might have had no idea if or when they were coming - so there would be no reason to tell Jon. But delay makes sense (which she seemed to be trying to do - specifically for a bigger army) in the hopes that he comes.

plowboy1065
S
Man what an episode. The battle reminded me of the opening sequence in Saving Private Ryan. I was on the edge of my seat with everything going on around Jon as he was fighting his way through
wangus12
AG
One of the coolest shots of scene in tv history.

LeonardSkinner
My question is, did Tormund break? If so, where does that leave him and the rest of the wildlings?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Man what an episode. The battle reminded me of the opening sequence in Saving Private Ryan. I was on the edge of my seat with everything going on around Jon as he was fighting his way through
immediately after i rewound and watched the dragons and then the battle again.....cuz WOW!!!!!

it was just as amazing the 2nd time, but i could digest a little more of what exactly happened in some parts. so much was going on it was overwhelming.

Saving Private Ryan opening 20 minutes was the best thing I've ever seen on big screen - as far as war goes. My dad says it was the only movie he has even seen that felt like what war is (he served 2 infantry tours in viet nam).

This last 20 minutes or so is the best battle ever on TV thats for sure.
redline248
AG
I can't believe Rickon is dead. I mean, the way the show took it with the Umbers backing Ramsay and handing him over, it's not really a surprise. Still, I will hold out hope he doesn't die in the books.

I was also hoping that Ramsay would set his dogs after Rickon and then Ghost would show up to kill all the dogs. Oh well, I guess.

Sansa is cold hearted, which is no surprise. She should have told Jon about LF.

Grey Worm wins honors for best kill(s) of the episode.
marble rye
AG
Break what?
nikator
AG
Has Ghost even shown up since episode 3?
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
LeonardSkinner
And I was certain that Melisandre would be the second person to take a short trip out of a tall Winterfell tower.
marble rye
AG
No. They cost too much with CGI and are very difficult to do scenes with, per D&D.
LeonardSkinner
quote:
Break what?

When they're surrounded by the shield bearing infantry, he says "**** this" and goes towards the mound of men where Jon is fighting. Some of the wildlings say, "we're going home." Makes me think they were fleeing; how does Tormund handle that?
redline248
AG
Also, given Jon's past actions and prior conversation with Sansa, does anyone really believe he would charge at Ramsay's army all by himself bc Rickon died? I thought he had come too far to fall for that.
marble rye
AG
I don't think anyone will care. They are wildlings and agreed to fight for a cause that had nothing to do with them. It was an intense moment. Also, given what's coming, they can't afford to lose any fighters. Tormund has already proven he will fight the WWs.
combat wombat™
AG
I don't know what LF is expecting from Sansa, but I'd wager he's not getting it. I doubt Sansa is going to get herself hitched up to anyone again... considering her track record.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Why are we sure Sansa KNEW they were even coming.

She wrote the letter but we never saw it received, never saw LF react to it, etc.

As far as Sansa knew, perhaps they didn't get it or didn't respond.

Just because she was with him at the battle does not mean she knew, and it doesn;t mean she went to meet or get him either.

Could have been that the entire army left the camp and Sansa stayed behind (as women do) and LF arrived and then Sansa rode out with him to the battle scene to see the victory.

She might have had no idea if or when they were coming - so there would be no reason to tell Jon. But delay makes sense (which she seemed to be trying to do - specifically for a bigger army) in the hopes that he comes.

She didn't have to know to tell him. It could have changed Jon's plans for all we know. It would have given him a legitimate reason to wait when he thought the best action was to move forward with all of the men that they were ever going to get.
redline248
AG
Sansa had 3 different chances to tell Jon LF and the Vale would help, including tonight. Jon should be pissed.
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.