***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,384 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The real question: what is the WW army doing now or in down times during the book? Making snow angels?
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
quote:
Perhaps y'all have some more invested in her since she's been around for a while in your world, but in my world (show only) it would be completely out of character and the definition of "jumping the shark".

Speaking on behalf of book-readers, it's not so much about LSH as it is about instant, non-tom-foolery death to all Freys, Boltons and Lannisters regardless of point and purpose.

I'd be completely fine if Sansa filled this role in the show, keeping with the consolidation of "minor" plot lines.
Ozmandius
If we are being technical about it, there have been thousands of people brought back from the dead on this show.
bobinator
AG
quote:
The real question: what is the WW army doing now or in down times during the book? Making snow angels?
I like to imagine them launching someone over the wall trebuchet style every few hours to see if they can cross yet.

Trial 346:
*walker goes flying toward the wall*
*explodes into bones*

"Welp... back to the snow angel making."
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
my only reason now to not want LSH is just because this is already the season of resurrection and that would make it nearly absurd. i think show only watchers would be like......does anyone really die?!?!?!?!

The following have returned from the dead or presumed dead:

Jon - dead dead or so we were told
The Mountain - should have died by poisoning, resurrected by chemistry (ok it was at the very end of last season)
The Hound - left for dead
Benjen - presumed dead
Euron - albeit it briefly "dead" and brought back by the drowned god

If LSH suddenly appears they will be like...well where is Robb and Joffrey, etc? And the story is going to be she was resurrected 3 years ago.....but we didn't tell you about it.

I also thinks she serves no real purpose that can't be fulfilled by Sansa in the show. Sansa has Brienne who was serving LSH (we believe) in the books. Sansa is on a revenge tour.

i see where yall are coming from but no show watcher or book reader really thought Jon was dead. The Hound was left for dead and returned but no one was really shocked by it. The mountain was poisoned and in the same episode had qyburn saying he could cure him but "he would be different". Benjen just disappeared but we all knew we would get some sort of closure with him. And Euron i dont think really matters, he was dead all of 2 seconds.

No one else, aside from Jon and Beric, have truly been "killed" and brought back. i really think yall are being overly dramatic with the "omg, does anyone really die? they are bringing everyone back!!"

Its been 1 character. Maybe 2 if you count Benjen.

Again the bigger problem with LSH is it is 3 years later.

Jon was a dead a few episodes.
Euron did not even get cold.
Benjen and The Hound agreed were just MIA really.
The Mountain was within the same season at least when we knew they were working on him.

Thats a giant leap, especially if we learn she was alive the entire time and just.....chillin with the B w/o B. There haven't even been rumors of someone offing Freys, etc.

In the book at least she came back within a short time...by the epilogue of Book 3.
MW03
AG

quote:

I'm not sure Euron should count.
redline248
AG
quote:

quote:

Definitely should not count. He was only unconscious, not dead.
JJxvi
AG
LSH is the worst
benchmark
AG
Okay, help me out here...hasn't there already been a WW inside the fortress? The wolf alerted Jon and they saved the commander's life? I thought the wall's height was the only thing holding them back? Am I mis-remembering something?
Streetfighter 02
AG
Yes. There was a wight inside Castle Black. Not a white walker just a reanimated dead guy that Jon set on fire and burned his sword hand.
benchmark
AG
Thanks! So wights can survive inside the wall without a WW directing them....
SoTXAg09
AG
That was not inside the wall tho, it was on the other side. He was a dead man when passed through and reanimated on the other side. That may be important.
redline248
AG
quote:
That was not inside the wall tho, it was on the other side. He was a dead man when passed through and reanimated on the other side. That may be important.

This is an interesting point, but weren't the eyes of the dead body already turned blue before they brought him back to castle black? It does raise some questions about how long was he dead, how long the magic takes to reanimate, etc. Coldhands can't cross, but he's not a full wight.
bangobango
AG
May be as s he was carried across rather than trying to cross on his own volition.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:
I like to imagine them launching someone over the wall trebuchet style every few hours to see if they can cross yet.

Trial 346:
*walker goes flying toward the wall*
*explodes into bones*

"Welp... back to the snow angel making."
What they need is a portal gun. And cake.
CapCityAg89
AG
The wights in the book are different from those in the show. In the books, they are somewhat vampire-y in that they come to life in the dark. We've really only seen them in Castle Black when Ghost senses them and at the Fist led by WWs. In the show, they are attack zombies.
redline248
AG
Was it night when Bran and crew reached the 3 eyed crow's cave? I don't remember.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
Was it night when Bran and crew reached the 3 eyed crow's cave? I don't remember.

I only kind of remember that from the book. You might be right. But the first guys were found dead (Ghost took off the black hand that was sent to Joffery with Allister Thorn to beg for men) and then came back only after nightfall.
redline248
AG
Yeah, I remember that part. Which makes me wonder about how long after death do they turn? Immediately the following night? After that, do they go back "to sleep" when the sun comes up?
CapCityAg89
AG
No idea. That's why I said show wights and book wights are different so far. We haven't read any of the big undead, WW scenes in the books aside from the Fist and there it was shrouded in a snowstorm.
bobinator
AG
I've got a whole day to waste until baseball tonight, someone needs to throw out some more BSC theories
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Dat cape tho.

Tyrion looks like Lando in that cape
bobinator
AG
Looks like he's taking a ring to Mordor
FightinTexasAg15
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pam, few days late but I apologize for going off on you. Must've been having a bad day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oddly, Varys looks like an overgrown Samwise, if he were bald.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
I've got a whole day to waste until baseball tonight, someone needs to throw out some more BSC theories
The listeater is really hotpie in drag.

bobinator
AG
Confirmed. That wasn't that BSC
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:

This is an interesting point, but weren't the eyes of the dead body already turned blue before they brought him back to castle black? It does raise some questions about how long was he dead, how long the magic takes to reanimate, etc. Coldhands can't cross, but he's not a full wight.
A) The show hasn't made any reference at all to the wall being magic and keeping the WW or wights from crossing.

B) It's not like the man died, crossed the wall as a human corpse, and THEN a WW reanimated him. He was a wight that was killed/immobilized who slowly regained consciousness (whatever that means for those things). At least that's how I remember it.

I'd say either the show is going the route that the wall isn't magical or this is just an oversight that happened early enough on that they didn't realize the consequences later down the road.
bobinator
AG
There has to be something about the wall on the show or else the WW are just taking their sweet ass time.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Definitely should not count. He was only unconscious, not dead.
Agreed. I took it as he physically ALMOST died, but was able to survive being basically drowned and that fulfilled the requirements. I didn't watch it thinking "he came back to life!", just "wow, he was able to withstand going unconscious with water in his lungs!"
smokeythebear
AG
As to what the WWs are doing right now, well when Bran saw them (the time the king grabbed his arm) they were standing in rank at that one big old tree with all the stones around it. That's the spot they were created at. I took it as a "docking station", similar to a Roomba that isn't cleaning. Once they noticed Bran and got him, they moved into action. So to your point, I would assume that they are sitting in their docking station at the big tree waiting for one of these to happen:

a) The magic on the wall (that we haven't heard about) to be deactivated. The magic of the cave WAS explained to us, even though just slightly, but no wall magic has been explained to us so this would be new to the show.

b) They could be waiting for Winter to get stronger. If there is a strategy, it could make sense that they are waiting until the darkest part of the winter when an attack would be easiest.

c) They could be like an ant pile. Waiting for someone to disturb them. Perhaps when there were wildlings moving about above the wall, that stirred up the WWs and now that there isn't anyone still alive north of the wall, they THINK everything is killed.

My theory is c) as I don't think the show WWs are aware that there are people on the other side of the wall, thus, they have no reason to attempt to cross it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I don't think this was posted here yet - the pic was, but not the side by side comparison.

I'm still not fully onboard with Jaqen is/was Syrio.....but this is interesting.

bobinator
AG
The shadowy figure also looks like it's digitally inserted into the photo or else the lighting is really bizarre. It's not just a shadow because it has some details you can see.
redline248
AG
The night's king knows Jon survived Hardhome and went somewhere. They aren't oblivious to people being alive across the wall.

Edit: further, the night's king in the show was presumably created before the wall was built, when men and children were at war. So it stands to reason he knows how big the continent is, and what is left of the living.
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.