***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,270 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And now I'm buying into the Syrio Forel theory.....next episode can't get here soon enough. Well done writers/directors.
BarryProfit
quote:
Or, she could be a R/L mix like me. I'm a lefty when it comes to eating/writing/frisbee, but everything else is righty.

In GOT days they purged freaks like you early on.
redline248
AG
So now we have:

Syrio is alive and following Arya around this whole time
Arya hired some poor sap to take a knife in the gut for her
actress Lady Crane has a beef w/ the faceless men and partners up with Arya to....do what?
Jaqen is dressed up as Arya to test the Waif

and my favorite

Arya/Waif double switch disguise murder? seriously? Waif is dressed up like Arya to bait Arya out, who is dressed up like the waif dressed up as an old lady to kill Waif dressed up like Arya? That is the most bsc theory of them all. Was that a joke?
Farmer1906
AG
HS is still HW.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
This is all very LOST like in he discussions it generates.

It better have a better ending than LOST.

If it's all a dream in some kids snow globe or they are in purgatory and the wall separates hell and heaven is the brothel I'm gonna be pissed and hunt some people down.
BJM1781
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
and 5% something else completely

After watching every Waif scene back-to-back, i have something else completely.

Lady Crane knew Arya was working for the FM. She asked her how she likes pretending to be other people, with the inflection that she knows Arya is pretending to be other people. She is much more than she seems and she is no friend to the FM. The younger actress had nothing to do with it. This was Jaqen attempting to take out an enemy.

Lady Crane sent one of her minions out as fake Arya roaming the streets like a sore thumb idiot to draw out the Waif. It worked. Now she will find Arya, reveal herself and her cause (Rhollor priestess?), recruit her, then send her back to Westeros with her own mission as a Stark.

Jaqen will take care of the Waif. The Arya leaping in the preview is Jaqen. He can do it, he did a great job as the Waif in S5E10. She has failed to be No One. Her face goes in the hall and the MFG is satisfied.

I like where you're going.....

In all of her scenes, Lady Crane is wearing a rather large pendant. Any chance this could be something akin to what the red priestesses wear?

She has the requisite features of a red priestess it would seem
Reddish hair color and nice tits?
bobinator
AG
quote:
So now we have:

Arya/Waif double switch disguise murder? seriously? Waif is dressed up like Arya to bait Arya out, who is dressed up like the waif dressed up as an old lady to kill Waif dressed up like Arya? That is the most bsc theory of them all. Was that a joke?

This is my new favorite theory in the history of theories. The double double switch disguise murder plot... classic.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Honestly, at this point there is no "good" outcome for the Arya story line. If she leaves the Faceless Men and goes back to Westeros, I will feel like her entire trip to Braavos was just to sharpen some fight "skills" that they could have easily written into one season. If she stays with the FM, my eyes will roll and we have to sit through more FM bs for who knows how long. What's the point?

Hopefully the show writers figure out a way to make her matter, but at this point what can she contribute to the overall story?
In the event that Arya is still in league with the FM, they could make the next part of the process "field training" to still get her out of Braavos. It could also potentially mean that she will further develop her skills, which I agree don't yet measure up to the level that everyone expects she will reach.

As far as the Arya story being drawn out and pointless...she has been a child (and still is really) for the entire story. What else could she have been doing? She and Bran both have done far more interesting things than some of the other characters despite their stories being sometimes drawn out. It makes sense for them both to be in training for awhile before finally coming into a more major role later in the story. I just pray, like all of you, that Arya's does indeed have some payoff. She needs to leave Braavos soon no matter what, but she also needs more training and a purpose of some kind. The FM seem like the most likely way to give her more purpose (even if she doesn't become "no one" which I also agree isn't really the best direction for her character).
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I was trying to think of whom Lady Crane might work for. It is too late to introduce a mysterious new faction, but I think two possibilities are already out there, the Lord of Light and the Iron Bank.

R'hllor's only interest would be the fact that she is a Stark. I think R'hllor likes Starks. But, I don't think Jaqen and R'hllor are feuding, so that probably isn't it. And, I don't think R'hllor is in the market for FM-trained assassins.

The Iron Bank is a whole different matter. The IB wants somebody in charge who will start making payments on the money loaned to Robert, Joff, Stannis, and Jon. A Westerosi highborn girl with FM training could certainly help clear the way. They can't afford FM, but they can steal them. And, if Lady Crane is an IB operative who recruits FM to switch employers, then Jaqen would certainly want her dead.

Amongst the Braavosi powerbrokers, it can't be that big of a secret that the FM have recruited a highborn Westerosi girl. Did Lady Crane take the part in the play knowing the subject matter might draw out her target? Arya shows up at the play 3 times, Lady Crane recognizes what she is, flips her, "kills" her for identity protection, and ships her to Westeros.

yeahtoast
AG
quote:
I kept expecting Olenna to get a sword across her neck with the mountain backing Cercei up in that scene. I think Olenna meets her demise soon.
Holy ****, no ****.

I was writing her off right then and there. What a pair of stones she has.

I can't imagine she gets out of KL alive/unarrested by the HS.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
I kept expecting Olenna to get a sword across her neck with the mountain backing Cercei up in that scene. I think Olenna meets her demise soon.
Holy ****, no ****.

I was writing her off right then and there. What a pair of stones she has.

I can't imagine she gets out of KL alive/unarrested by the HS.
I mean, Cerci has ZERO friends left in KL. She comes crawling to Olenna begging her to stay around and team up with her. I didn't really expect her to turn around and kill the ONE person she was trying to get/keep on her side.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
and 5% something else completely

After watching every Waif scene back-to-back, i have something else completely.

Lady Crane knew Arya was working for the FM. She asked her how she likes pretending to be other people, with the inflection that she knows Arya is pretending to be other people. She is much more than she seems and she is no friend to the FM. The younger actress had nothing to do with it. This was Jaqen attempting to take out an enemy.

Lady Crane sent one of her minions out as fake Arya roaming the streets like a sore thumb idiot to draw out the Waif. It worked. Now she will find Arya, reveal herself and her cause (Rhollor priestess?), recruit her, then send her back to Westeros with her own mission as a Stark.

Jaqen will take care of the Waif. The Arya leaping in the preview is Jaqen. He can do it, he did a great job as the Waif in S5E10. She has failed to be No One. Her face goes in the hall and the MFG is satisfied.

I like where you're going.....

In all of her scenes, Lady Crane is wearing a rather large pendant. Any chance this could be something akin to what the red priestesses wear?

No. Red priestesses wear large rubies rumored to have fallen out of Rhaegor's shield at BoT.
redline248
AG
Did they not wear rubies before that?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BOT?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
So now we have:

Syrio is alive and following Arya around this whole time
Arya hired some poor sap to take a knife in the gut for her
actress Lady Crane has a beef w/ the faceless men and partners up with Arya to....do what?
Jaqen is dressed up as Arya to test the Waif

and my favorite

I propose nominating the craziest theory of the week with this gif.

benchmark
AG
Well, as long as we're just throwing up **** to see what sticks, I predict Arya ends up with Gendry and the Hound swears to serve her. Sansa gets the Bolton's stronghold (from her marriage). Arya gets the Tully stronghold (from her mom). Rickon gets Winterfell with Jon as guardian until he gets older. Bran survives as whatever he is. So the Starks will have control of the North.
The Iron Born will fall in line because Euron gets fried by dragons for presuming too much with Daenerys. Yara gets killed in battle leaving Theon to redeem himself with undying loyalty to the Starks.
Daenerys, with help from Tyrion, becomes as good a ruler as she is a fighter and sits on the Iron Throne. The sand snakes, Freys and Boltons are obliterated because they have no redeeming qualities. Cersei and Jaime die because they deserve it. Margaery & Tommen are allowed live as House Tyrell. Brienne and Podrick and Bronn died sadly because there must be tears. Oh, and Little Finger flies to his death because that would be true justice. Robin is allowed to stay at the Eyrie with Royce as his guardian.
Jon may marry Daenerys, haven't decided on that yet.
redline248
AG
Battle of the Trident
PMD03
AG
quote:
Well, as long as we're just throwing up **** to see what sticks, I predict Arya ends up with Gendry and the Hound swears to serve her. Sansa gets the Bolton's stronghold (from her marriage). Arya gets the Tully stronghold (from her mom). Rickon gets Winterfell with Jon as guardian until he gets older. Bran survives as whatever he is. So the Starks will have control of the North.
The Iron Born will fall in line because Euron gets fried by dragons for presuming too much with Daenerys. Yara gets killed in battle leaving Theon to redeem himself with undying loyalty to the Starks.
Daenerys, with help from Tyrion, becomes as good a ruler as she is a fighter and sits on the Iron Throne. The sand snakes, Freys and Boltons are obliterated because they have no redeeming qualities. Cersei and Jaime die because they deserve it. Margaery & Tommen are allowed live as House Tyrell. Brienne and Podrick and Bronn died sadly because there must be tears. Oh, and Little Finger flies to his death because that would be true justice. Robin is allowed to stay at the Eyrie with Royce as his guardian.
Jon may marry Daenerys, haven't decided on that yet.
Might as well just fling the **** because as it is written, Westeros is such a chaotic place. Dany may save Westeros and sit on the Iron Throne, only to have the continent thrown into another war of five kings when she dies without heir 30 years later.
BowSowy
AG
Did the Iron Bank lend money to Jon? I don't remember that
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
Did the Iron Bank lend money to Jon? I don't remember that

For a brief second, you caused me to panic that I'd accidentally posted to the show-only thread.
OnlyForNow
AG
Don't remember that in ththe books either....
Streetfighter 02
AG
She's not exactly the most adept strategic decision maker.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Am i crazy? Did Jon not reach an agreement with the bank rep right before he got the pink letter? The guy with the 3 tiered hat that makes a deal with Stannis. Borrowed to get the NW through winter.

Surely i'm not making up my own fan fiction.
aggietony2010
AG
Jon does borrow from the iron bank as well as making other preparations for winter.
Hello there
Interesting. Why? Are they said to have magical properties?
McInnis 03
AG
In the book just before his death the iron bank loans Jon money in exchange for horses and supplies to get to Stannis who's heading to winterfell
BJM1781
AG
Never heard that one. The rubies flew from his breastplate after the killing blow from Robert's war hammer, not the shield.

And I don't think Rhaegar has any connection to the Lord of Light, but maybe he was a secret covert?
redline248
AG
Rhaegar bought in big time to the Prince that was Promised prophesy, even thinking he was it. That is something the followers of Rhllor believe, even if he himself wasn't a follower.
redbaron788
AG
Didn't the brothers on the quiet isle find most of the rubies washed up onshore over the years?
marble rye
AG
quote:
BOT?

Battle of the Trident?
marble rye
AG
quote:
Interesting. Why? Are they said to have magical properties?

Down the rabbit hole of ASOIAF boards that incorporate all of the history and Dunk and Egg books...

It is said that he morphed into the rubies before dying and his magic lives in them...king's blood. Idk. It's crazy.

And I was mistaken. Rubies from his breast plate not his shield. There were 7 of them. There's that number tho...7...of the faith and also how many Targs:

quote:
"We have found silver cups and iron pots, sacks of wool and bolts of silk, rusted helms and shining swords... aye, and rubies."
That interested Ser Hyle. "Rhaegar's rubies?"
"It may be. Who can say? The battle was long leagues from here, but the river is tireless and patient. Six have been found. We are all waiting for the seventh."

If you recall the woods witch prophecy about the PtwP, she claimed it would come from the line of Aerys II and Rhaella. Well, it turns out that there have been six products of that union that are known in-story:
Rhaegar
Viserys
Daenerys
Rhaenys
Aegon
Rhaego
The seventh is Jon Snow.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/140507-the-theory-of-rhaegars-rubies/

I find these threads interesting but boggles my mind how much detail some have. Where do they find the time??
TampaBayAg08
AG
Here I was, thinking it'll take me forever to catch up on Texags GoT theories and 96% of it was Arya and the waif. That made me want to down a glass of wine.

And yikes to the Hound/Arya married theories. The Hound has never shown interest in any kind of hanky panky (Remeber the scene with him and Bronn right before Blackwater with a bunch of naked women around--Bronn was all about that and the Hound could literally care less). He just doesn't seem the type to want to get married... And Arya has made it clear she doesn't want to get married. Not to mention, that age gap has to be 30+ years. Even for Middle Ages standards--ick.

Someone commented that Queen of Thorns needs to stop writing letters and gtfo. I read articles by Joanna Robinson from Vanity Fair--she's got a pretty big obsession for the books and the show. She pointed out that any time the show focuses on people writing letters is something to pay attention to. Her theory is she's calling on (sigh) Dorne--they hate the lannisters just as much as she does. I think she's high tailing it no doubt, but wanted to get that support and get her granddaughter back and get rid of those pesky Lannisters once and for all.

I really don't get how everyone is so angry about the time it takes for people to travel. This is literally a made up world, with magic, dragons, and zombies. Anything resembling reality went out the door for me when Dany walked out of the fire with 3 dragons on her. Just enjoy the story and don't be so literal, otherwise you'll keep getting mad and pick at the writing every freakin week.

marble rye
AG
Here's another crazy thread re: symbolism and Sansa being destined to be a woman of power or possibly a witch of Harranhall. Apparently Harranhall is cursed and no Lord of that house has stayed there and lived. Lots of inferences re: Sansa and the imagery/references to bats.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/138138-the-bat-and-the-wolf/&page=1

So much detail. I can't fathom a writer spinning so many in his head and putting them to paper.
redline248
AG
The Hound seemed to have a thing for Sansa

In the books, the Tyrells and Martells (Dorne) hate each other even more. Granted, the show hasn't gone into that, but other potential letter recipients could be Littlefinger, or Randall Tarly, who in the books is cozy with Tyrell and becomes a member of the small council.
Really???
It was to Littlefinger. Writing is visible on a good enough screen.
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.