***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,813 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Are we sure Sansa's message was to Littlefinger? Could it have been sent to the Blackfish instead?

Sansa sent Brianne to the Blackfish. Can't imagine she was writing him after that.

I don't think Littlefinger will screw over Sansa. My theory on Littlefinger is that, while he says he has always wanted "everything", he really has wanted one thing: Catlin Stark. All his maneuverings were attempts to put himself in a position for them to be together. He made some mistakes, which ultimately drove her away from him.

With Catlin gone, Littlefinger still wants Catlin, or rather the memory of her. Sansa provides that memory. Littlefinger is going to try to get on Sansa's good side, at whatever the cost. This is why he was ok with dying if Sansa said so. If Sansa truly wanted him dead, then it would mean he no chance to win her over and that life would not be worth living for him.
He read the situation and told her he was ok with dying. Zero chance he would do that.
Stive
AG
Before tonight, has there ever been a scene prior to the opening credits? There may have been several, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

The previews for next week looked awesome!
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Except he married her to Ramsey.

Who he claimed he knew very little about when meeting him.

Which is bull****. But I'm resigned to the idea that it was a **** up of the writers, and he really didnt know anything about ramsay.

Even still, he knowingly married her off to her family's backstabbing murderers.

He could have done so thinking she would have taken matters into her own hands, regarding the Bolton's. That could have returned the north to her while also making her available for marriage to Littlefinger. That would not only accomplish his goal of getting Sansa, but give him power over the largest kingdom in Westeros. This clashes with my theory of him ONLY wanting Sansa. Perhaps he is conflicted with his desire for Catlin/Sansa and his desire for power? I do believe his greater desire is for Sansa, though.

However, he vastly underestimated Ramsay's ability to break her.

Post removed:
by user
titanmaster_race
WHY IS THE SHOW SO CASUAL ABOUT JON SNOW COMING BACK TO LIFE????

not a SINGLE scene has dealt with the disbelief or awe of him being alive since the couple of scenes with davos and edd at the wall.
JCRiley09
AG
Arya frolicking through the city made no sense at all. The last time we saw her, she was hugging needle in the sewers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Before tonight, has there ever been a scene prior to the opening credits? There may have been several, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

The previews for next week looked awesome!
They always did it for season premieres, except this season. I thought it was odd we didn't get on in the first episode but I guess they were saving it for now?
AggieSouth06
quote:

not a SINGLE scene has dealt with the disbelief or awe of him being alive since the couple of scenes with davos and edd at the wall.

I doubt they're advertising it. The show made it a point a few times in the first episode to show that news of Jon's death wasn't known outside of castle black.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Arya frolicking through the city made no sense at all. The last time we saw her, she was hugging needle in the sewers.
Yeah, I want an explanation for this. She was shown going into hiding and suddenly she decides it's safe to roam the streets.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:

Tormund reminded the Wildlings that Jon was their Jesus tonight. What are you on about?
Stive
AG
I thought about Tywin melting down the swords, but couldn't remember if it was or not.

That makes sense on the season openers. That is weird that they would save it until now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Season 1 was the rangers being killed by WW beyond the wall.
Season 4 was Tywin forging the swords.
Season 5 was young Cersei and her friend going to the witch.

Anyone remember 2 and 3?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

well i can think of a few of reasons.

a. anyone who witnessed it would not be in disbelief and as for awe well anyone on the wall has seen a lot of magical stuff...WW and zombies brought back from the dead and Giants, zombie horses, etc.

b. i don't think they would go around telling anyone else in the north about it. i don't think claiming to have arisen from the dead would get you a lot of support while building any army. more likely they think you are a nutjob and send you packing.

c. i think primarily it served only to release him from his vows....at least until people realize he is a Stark and or the prince that was promised, etc.

marble rye
AG
I've read through over 5K pages of Martin's rambling. I can comment on it if I want to.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I've read through over 5K pages of Martin's rambling. I can comment on it if I want to.
And yet apparently nothing in the show interests you besides dragons?
marble rye
AG
Plenty interests me. It's just that several episodes this season gave us "Holy ****" revelations this and the last were let downs and filler-esque info. Will I stop watching? No. Am I allowed to say what I just stated above? Yes.
marble rye
AG
Swing Your Saber
The double Ds & writers have said LF was being completely honest w/Sansa. He legitimately did not know how crazy Ramsey was.
titanmaster_race
Can we just start a separate thread solely for the weekly pam-bes fights? This is getting old.
marble rye
AG
It is annoying. BES just can't help himself

-both of you need to stop or your ability to participate in this thread will be gone. You are ruining it for others. -staff
Hickory High
AG
From reddit. GG.

quote:
So if a man from Bear Island is worth 10 mainlanders, and a man from the North is worth 10 from the south, does that mean Jon just got the equivalent of 6200 Lannister soldiers?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I asked a legitimate question and again you had to call me out for "policing". Stop trying to pick a fight.

-see above. You are ruining this thread for everyone. Both of you need to stop or you will be done for a while. -staff
Swing Your Saber
Double Ds also said they sent Sansa to Ramsey, over fake "Arya," to consolidate storylines & capitalize on existing fan attachments to Sansa.

Really makes no logical sense from a character motivation stand point. Even if you don't know Ramsey's crazy, why give up your most valuable asset & love interest for at best some political capital w/a house you hope to supplant?
titanmaster_race
My point is, they mention it, but only as something that helps sway the wildlings into supporting Jon. IMO it should be more along the lines of the entire wildling camp huddles around jon and tormund, because the stories of him being raised from the dead by magic are everywhere.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, I want an explanation for this. She was shown going into hiding and suddenly she decides it's safe to roam the streets.
Hm. Some theories being thrown around reddit that it wasn't Arya, but another faceless man, as part of Waif's "test".

I don't buy it.

Edit: Come to think of it, I did notice how differently she was walking right off the bat. So either the writers did that on purpose to make us think of these things, or the theories may be right. Hmm.
JCRiley09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hm. Some theories being thrown around reddit that it wasn't Arya, but another faceless man, as part of Waif's "test".

I don't buy it.

Saw those. Maybe. Until she was stumbling through the street after frightened by the one hundred possible assassins around her. That couldn't be the faceless man at that point
Saxsoon
AG
I didn't like Davos in the books, but Davos as played by Liam Cunningham has to be my favorite. His speech to the girl Mormont was incredibly touching and loved his commiserating with her about not expecting to be in the position she is in. Just amazing.
Twice an Aggie
AG
No matter what the Waif screwed up. Jaqen told her not to let her suffer yet she went for a gut stab and Arya is bleeding out all over the city. The waif also failed just to kill her and ensure a new face. Finally, the Waif made this personal and I thought she was to be no one. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, I'm getting fairly convinced the more I think about it. Roaming the streets of the city already makes very little sense for Arya, but then not even carrying Needle?

If it was Arya it's just terrible writing. Either that or she was trying to lure the Waif but was somehow caught off guard.
redline248
AG
I'm going with terrible writing on the show's part. If that crap happens in the next book I'll be pretty disappointed.
nikator
AG
quote:
quote:

I doubt they're advertising it. The show made it a point a few times in the first episode to show that news of Jon's death wasn't known outside of castle black.
It becomes a problem either way. The North does not like deserters from the Nights Watch. Heck Episode 1 after the prologues started with Ned executing one of them. So without the resurrection he is a deserter. With the resurrection he is possibly a wight - Magic has largely died out with the dragons and it will likely freak everyone out.

Basically I think the show is just wink wink nod nod looking past it.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
ham98
Al Swearengen was just on one episode and never said ********er once!!!!! that's a criminal waste of talent!!!!
unmade bed
quote:
So we assume Sansa was writing to Littlefinger. How is he gonna **** over sansa and Jon now?

I think he actually helps them this time around. I think he brings the Knights of the Vale to turn the tide in the BoBs.

Then he probably convinces Jon to marry Sansa off to the Nights King or Drogon.
redbaron788
AG
Season 1 - NW ambushed by white walkers
Season 3 - NW rescuing Sam and escaping the fist
Season 4 - Tywin melting down Ice
And last night's episode, the others were from first episode of that season
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.