***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,312 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The High Sparrow said he didn't have the power to call off the walk of atonement, only the higher power could do that. Then the king and queen agree join forces with the HS and poof, no walk of atonement needed. That's deceptive.
He did say that she atoned for her sins by bringing another to the faith (Tommen), hence no longer the need for a walk of atonement.

I'm not saying he's a good guy, but I wouldn't really say it was "deceptive" of him to resist the political maneuverings of the other people in Kings Landing.
smokeythebear
AG
On a different topic, the title of the next episode is something along the lines of "The Broken Man", right? I think I've seen people expect that to refer to the Hound making an appearance to fight his brother? My prediction is that it is in reference to Jaime and his reunion with Brienne in Riverrun. Jaime is quite confused and lost in what he's supposed to be doing and what he wants from life. Running into Brienne would quite possibly break him down into even more of an emotional mess.
bangobango
AG
I have to agree that the High Sparrow assassinating anybody would be way out of character from what we have seen so far.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
The Broken Men:

Loras
The Hound
Theon

The Almost Broken Men:

Jamie
Jon
Rickon
Bran
Pycelle
Davos

Farmer1906
AG
Howland Reed works in mysterious ways.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Howland Reed works in mysterious ways.

MaroonStain
AG
Funny tangent...but I have watched Ripper Street and now Strike Back and GoT actors play roles in both these shows.

Yes I know Americans do not watch Brit TV and the Brit GoT cast are prevalent Brit actor people.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
I am a little disappointed that Benjen was a riding a regular horse instead of badass hart. Also in the books he is followed by a murder of crows.
They're killing off the wolves to save money, you aint getting no damn giant elk. You get zombies and dragons, that's it. And titties. And some dude's ballsac which for the life of me was probably the most bizarre thing they have ever done on the show. Why?

BC the show ultimately is designed to appeal to men. ALL men.
jenn96
AG
They showed the dong because the entertainment world SJWs have been complaining about the lack of male full frontal for 5 years, compared to all the utterly gratuitous female nudity. As have a lot of the female cast members. It was like "So you want dongs? Boom." Actually pretty funny in my opinion, although to be fair I don't mind looking at a naked man. But the in-your-faceness was a clear reaction to those criticisms.
Buck O Five
AG
quote:
quote:
I am a little disappointed that Benjen was a riding a regular horse instead of badass hart. Also in the books he is followed by a murder of crows.
This. The first thing I thought when he showed up was, "bummer they didn't have enough in the budget to CGI a giant elk for him to be riding."

This is my Coldhands:

Tolkien did it first:
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
They showed the dong because the entertainment world SJWs have been complaining about the lack of male full frontal for 5 years, compared to all the utterly gratuitous female nudity. As have a lot of the female cast members. It was like "So you want dongs? Boom." Actually pretty funny in my opinion, although to be fair I don't mind looking at a naked man. But the in-your-faceness was a clear reaction to those criticisms.
Ironically enough, lots of the females I've seen applauding Emilia Clark for demanding more dong were the first ones to cry about the dong being shown.
Mathguy64
AG
How many women watched and went "so that's what an uncut dong looks like"?
redline248
AG
I have to think very few women or gay men want to see a dong in that manner.
marble rye
AG
quote:
I have to think very few women or gay men want to see a dong in that manner.

You don't know many gay men. I think women just find it funny. Dongs are not good naked.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That's why mine always wears a cape.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Coldhands Luke
redline248
AG
I know very few, and I haven't asked them how they like to see their on screen dongs. I honestly can't imagine seeing any dong elicits a reaction similar to the one I have seeing any set of tits on screen.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
What about that whole plotline with the Bankers of Braavos? lol Wasn't that supposed to go somewhere?
The main thing Davos and Stannis were doing with the Iron Bank was trying to borrow money, which they ended up accomplishing after the Onion Knight showed them how serious Stannis is by taking off his right hand glove.

That said, I'm certain the Iron Bank will play a role in the final power hierarchy in Westeros by the end of the story. If the show hadn't laid out Euron's plan so conveniently mirroring Dany's need for 1000 ships, I'd have said the Iron Bank would be the ones to subsidize her navy.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
What about that whole plotline with the Bankers of Braavos? lol Wasn't that supposed to go somewhere?
The main thing Davos and Stannis were doing with the Iron Bank was trying to borrow money, which they ended up accomplishing after the Onion Knight showed them how serious Stannis is by taking off his right hand glove.

That said, I'm certain the Iron Bank will play a role in the final power hierarchy in Westeros by the end of the story. If the show hadn't laid out Euron's plan so conveniently mirroring Dany's need for 1000 ships, I'd have said the Iron Bank would be the ones to subsidize her navy.
Other than her dragon eggs, she has been given nothing in her rise to power. She has taken everything that she needs or wants. I don't see her taking out a loan in the future, either.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Small loan of three dragon eggs.
Greeze06
AG
Iron bank of Bravos probably hires faceless men to get money back from Lannisters/Stanis and somehow Arya is involved in it.
hunter2012
AG
They may fund her just to collect on the Crown and Stannis' debts. Littlefinger really screwed the kingdom over when he was master of coin. Once they find out they aren't going to see any money, they'll fund regime change.
Al Bula
AG
what happened between season 5 when arya killed Meryn Trant on his trip to Braavos with Mace Tyrell and season 6?

did mace acknowledge anything? i dont recall much about the iron bank last season.
OnlyForNow
AG
No, the little bit about Mace not finding his traveling partner (maybe the wohre house reported him dead) and then Mace returning to KL without him, was completely skipped in the show.
AtlAg05
AG
Sam and wilding/baby are running to a river to escape when Gendry comes rowing along and helps them cross. Sam figures out how to make valyrian steel and they just happen to have a talented blacksmith!

In all seriousness, I do think that is Gendry's purpose, not for a claim to the throne.

bangobango
AG
quote:
Sam and wilding/baby are running to a river to escape when Gendry comes rowing along and helps them cross. Sam figures out how to make valyrian steel and they just happen to have a talented blacksmith!

In all seriousness, I do think that is Gendry's purpose, not for a claim to the throne.

That's a wild ass theory I can kind of get behind.
jenn96
AG
Totally agree that Gendry's purpose is to work Valerian steel - he's one of the few smiths in Westeros who's done it. Back when I thought these books would be relatively linear, I thought that was the obvious reason he was headed for the Wall. Now, who knows what he'll do - but I think it has to do with Valerian steel all the same.
FIDO95
AG
quote:
quote:

That's a wild ass theory I can kind of get behind.

Agree. Gendry could make some Valyrian Special arrows. If only the BoB had a good archer who could take out WW at range!?!
"...if only"-Varys
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
titanmaster_race
quote:
Totally agree that Gendry's purpose is to work Valerian steel - he's one of the few smiths in Westeros who's done it. Back when I thought these books would be relatively linear, I thought that was the obvious reason he was headed for the Wall. Now, who knows what he'll do - but I think it has to do with Valerian steel all the same.

When did he work on valyrian steel?
SwigAg11
AG
I believe his master was one of a small handful of smiths who knew how to work Valyrean steel.
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
This. The first thing I thought when he showed up was, "bummer they didn't have enough in the budget to CGI a giant elk for him to be riding."

This is my Coldhands:

Tolkien did it first:

Those are moose. Both of them. HTH
JCRiley09
AG
They kinda look like elk with moose antlers
gougler08
AG
Perhaps they are melk?
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
They kinda look like elk with moose antlers
Like geeks know jack sh*t about wildlife.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Have you never seen a red stag? Bigger version of it.

First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.