***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,374 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
AgLaw02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
That's sort of the point. Tommen is going to be a pariah for the Faith (in his mind) expect that cannot happen.
Huh?
nikator
AG
The prophecy in the show left out the part about the valonqar and the golden crowns (which suggests in the books that Myrcella briefly becomes queen).

So Cersei's death could be different than the books.
AgLaw02
AG
Golden crowns could just refer to hair color. Those prophecies are hard to pin down.
nikator
AG
quote:
How do you already know what the consequences of him taking the sword are? Did you screen future episodes?
My guess is that the show will show him getting away...but then they have magic maps and Westerosi teleportation too.

I was applying logic to a scenario of a fat guy who is an indifferent rider along with a woman who may not be able to ride and in addition a baby getting very far from the castle with a lord who is an active huntsman and has a bunch of soldiers at his beck and call. This is also not just some ordinary tiara he stole..Valyrian swords are the pride of any house.

Tywin Lannister was obsessed with getting one since the Lannister sword disappeared when an ancestor decided to sail west...and he offered a few minor houses a lot of gold for their sword...and they told him to take a hike (which is why he eagerly melted down Ice). Randyll Tarly should not look the other way for this theft...but he will.
nikator
AG
quote:
Golden crowns could just refer to hair color. Those prophecies are hard to pin down.
If it was hair it should say gold shall be their locks...or gold shall be their manes...but it is possible they refer to crowns.

However two out of the three have already become king.

---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
The prophecy in the show left out the part about the valonqar and the golden crowns (which suggests in the books that Myrcella briefly becomes queen).

So Cersei's death could be different than the books.

I've always thought "golden crowns" referred to their blonde hair. Knowing what we know about the history of hair color in babes born of Baratheon sires, it seems more prophetic to say the children will have golden hair than to say they will wear crowns. If the reference is to actual crowns the prophecy is a little redundant (you will be Queen, have children, and believe it or not, those very children will wear the crown after your husband dies).
AggieSouth06
quote:
quote:
How do you already know what the consequences of him taking the sword are? Did you screen future episodes?
My guess is that the show will show him getting away...but then they have magic maps and Westerosi teleportation too.

I was applying logic to a scenario of a fat guy who is an indifferent rider along with a woman who may not be able to ride and in addition a baby getting very far from the castle with a lord who is an active huntsman and has a bunch of soldiers at his beck and call. This is also not just some ordinary tiara he stole..Valyrian swords are the pride of any house.

Tywin Lannister was obsessed with getting one since the Lannister sword disappeared when an ancestor decided to sail west...and he offered a few minor houses a lot of gold for their sword...and they told him to take a hike (which is why he eagerly melted down Ice). Randyll Tarly should not look the other way for this theft...but he will.

Yeah you have no idea what's going to happen, you just enjoy nitpicky nerdrage. And as long as we're being hyper-critical, you used the word "indifferent" incorrectly.
nikator
AG

quote:

And as long as we're being hyper-critical, you used the word "indifferent" incorrectly.
Actually..I did not.

Indifferent can also mean mediocre.

Thomas Ford 91
AG
Link to fan notes about unreleased TWoW chapter GRRM read yesterday. He let the crowd vote on which chapter he would read. Before he read it, he made the children leave the room. I can see why.

The Forsaken
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Many of the Lordships do not follow Salic Law, unlike the Iron Throne which passed over female heirs a few times starting with after Jaeherys I the Conciliator

Could be the nerdiest thing I have ever read.
nikator
AG
Euron in the books looks like he will be the Ramsay from the show.
nikator
AG
quote:
quote:
Many of the Lordships do not follow Salic Law, unlike the Iron Throne which passed over female heirs a few times starting with after Jaeherys I the Conciliator

Could be the nerdiest thing I have ever read.
LOL
redline248
AG
If Tommen were to step into the trial by combat as the Faith's champion (which I think is completely ridiculous), and IF the Mountain followed protocol and would not attack his King...then by killing the Mountain, Tommen would be killing his mom. There is zero chance this happens.
Really???
Yall are putting way too much faith in prophecy. This isn't a standard fantasy novel.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So now that Jamie is no longer in the Kingsguard, does he become Lord of Casterly Rock?
Good question, I was never clear if he renounced all claims, and Uncle Kevan is Lord?
In the books Cersei is Lady of Casterly Rock. She would be ahead of Kevan...Many of the Lordships do not follow Salic Law, unlike the Iron Throne which passed over female heirs a few times starting with after Jaeherys I the Conciliator
Yea, apparently this thread is for people who have read the books, but watch the show. It seems the show runners dont really care too much what the books were setting up anymore.
AgLaw02
AG
I hear you, but all Maggie's predictions have come true so far. It's pretty clear Tommen is living on borrowed time.
redline248
AG
Who dies first in the books, Tommen or Myrcella or neither?
pb488
AG
quote:
don't think either are dead at end of ADWD
redline248
AG
I know, I'm asking for predictions.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:

Myrcella first, not by Sand Snakes.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
quote:

Myrcella first, not by Sand Snakes.

I thought she was just wounded in the books.
FIDO95
AG
From the previews for next week, Davos and John seek the banners of house Mormont and Sansa visits with the Glovers. Who, if anyone, gets Manderly "The North Remembers" speech?

My vote goes to Glover; Perhaps he pretends to arrest her when she shows up, then finds her alone later and details his true loyalty.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Its a prediction of the future.
Geo Gator 03
Doesn't the prophecy in the show say something to the effect that "someone younger and prettier than you will come to take all you hold dear." How does mountain vs hound fit into that? She thinks it's Margery but it could just as easily be Dany.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
Doesn't the prophecy in the show say something to the effect that "someone younger and prettier than you will come to take all you hold dear." How does mountain vs hound fit into that?
It doesn't. Her trial by combat is probably unrelated to the prophesy you refer to.

quote:
She thinks it's Margery but it could just as easily be Dany.
Yup.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Ok the idea of Tommen (a king) even in disguise fighting in a trial by combat is ludicrous.

However, the method of death - at the hands of the Mountain is not and makes a lot of sense actually.

Someone said above they weren't sure the MountainZombie was all that intelligent or lucid really.....

So what if with Margaery now controlling Tommen coerces him into blaming Cersei for all of the troubles, the incarceration of her, Loras and even Cersei herself and empowering the faith militant, etc. I have little faith (pun intended) in Margaery's newfound faith being legitimate. I think she had a long time to think and plot and just one week before (maybe days before in their time) she was trying to have Loras remain strong, etc.

So Tommen becomes very upset lashing out at Cersei even calling her names or threatening her. Cersei is enraged and before she knows what has happened ....the Mountain intervenes and does the only thing he knows he is supposed to do right now which is kill anyone threatening Cersei. So (remember back to that Mountain scene - and why were we shown that?)....the Mountain simply grabs Tommen and smashes his head into a wall. Limp rag, dead on the floor before anyone knows what happened.

Then the next part of the prophecy is fulfilled in a logical way - a younger prettier person has usurped her and her last child the king is dead.

The next part of the prophecy comes in when Jamie finds out. You saw how angry he was....So he returns form Riverrun and is pissed off....he chokes Cersei and just as she dies he is also struck down by the Mountain. So she is killed by the little brother and Jaime follows her into death shortly after as he followed her into life.

aggietony2010
AG
quote:
Its a prediction of the future.

Ha, I missed the message in the middle asking for predictions.
McInnis 03
AG
Sam is too scholarly to go brazen with the sword. He's taking it somewhere to figure out why Valerian steel does what it does to white walkers
PatAg
AG
quote:

Ok the idea of Tommen (a king) even in disguise fighting in a trial by combat is ludicrous.

However, the method of death - at the hands of the Mountain is not and makes a lot of sense actually.

Someone said above they weren't sure the MountainZombie was all that intelligent or lucid really.....

So what if with Margaery now controlling Tommen coerces him into blaming Cersei for all of the troubles, the incarceration of her, Loras and even Cersei herself and empowering the faith militant, etc. I have little faith (pun intended) in Margaery's newfound faith being legitimate. I think she had a long time to think and plot and just one week before (maybe days before in their time) she was trying to have Loras remain strong, etc.

So Tommen becomes very upset lashing out at Cersei even calling her names or threatening her. Cersei is enraged and before she knows what has happened ....the Mountain intervenes and does the only thing he knows he is supposed to do right now which is kill anyone threatening Cersei. So (remember back to that Mountain scene - and why were we shown that?)....the Mountain simply grabs Tommen and smashes his head into a wall. Limp rag, dead on the floor before anyone knows what happened.

Then the next part of the prophecy is fulfilled in a logical way - a younger prettier person has usurped her and her last child the king is dead.

The next part of the prophecy comes in when Jamie finds out. You saw how angry he was....So he returns form Riverrun and is pissed off....he chokes Cersei and just as she dies he is also struck down by the Mountain. So she is killed by the little brother and Jaime follows her into death shortly after as he followed her into life.

Glad you don't work for the show, lol.
PatAg
AG
quote:
Sam is too scholarly to go brazen with the sword. He's taking it somewhere to figure out why Valerian steel does what it does to white walkers
I would agree with you, but the way it was portrayed on the show was "this will show my mean ol dad"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tommen as the champion? WTF?

That is so ridiculous and out of left field that if it ends up being true, I have huge suspicions about the person who posted it given that apparently a ton of spoilers have leaked from later in the season.
marble rye
AG
The spoilers leaked dont mention anything about Tommen being the Faith's champion.
marble rye
AG
And I guess now BES will be this thread's spoiler police considering several have asked for predictions from other posters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What exactly is your problem with me?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
This is the spoilers allowed thread (though those should be tempered)
First Page Last Page
Page 106 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.