***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,148 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Joe Cole
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also, the Tormund eyeing Brienne kind of fits with some of the Tormund "legends" how he was married to a female bear for awhile

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Another issue I have with the show is Jon Snow.

Sometimes he's really hot/cute and other times just okay.

I'm perplexed by this.
good hair day vs. bad hair day
The Debt
quote:
Also, the Tormund eyeing Brienne kind of fits with some of the Tormund "legends" how he was married to a female bear for awhile
Some men are just born conquerors.
The Debt
quote:
2 - Sansa. You think Ramsay sent a message to Littlefinger informing him that Sansa got away? There's almost no chance Littlefinger knows she is at Castle Black with Jon
He tells baby-Arryn that (his informants relayed) Sansa has escaped the Boltons and is likely heading to Castle Black. "what should we do?" "she's my cousin, I suppose we should help her" "my thoughts exactly, saddle-up boys and pack warm"

redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
2 - Sansa. You think Ramsay sent a message to Littlefinger informing him that Sansa got away? There's almost no chance Littlefinger knows she is at Castle Black with Jon
He tells baby-Arryn that (his informants relayed) Sansa has escaped the Boltons and is likely heading to Castle Black. "what should we do?" "she's my cousin, I suppose we should help her" "my thoughts exactly, saddle-up boys and pack warm"

I must be getting old. Don't remember that scene. I also seriously wonder how LF can know everything all the time.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
quote:
I must be getting old. Don't remember that scene. I also seriously wonder how LF can know everything all the time.
LF gives Arryn the falcon, then he gives Lord Royce the bird, then he has the conversation I posted, and he announces the Vale is entering the game.
The Debt
moron
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
OK, so let's really analyze why Littlefinger couldn't have sent this letter to Jon.

1 - Rickon. Highly unlikely Littlefinger knows Rickon is alive, knows where Rickon is, AND communicated enough with either the Umbers or Boltons to learn that Rickon is now in Winterfell. This is the strongest point.

2 - Sansa. You think Ramsay sent a message to Littlefinger informing him that Sansa got away? There's almost no chance Littlefinger knows she is at Castle Black with Jon This was addressed in the last episode.

3 - He has no reason to send that letter. He knew Stannis was in the north and on his way to engage Bolton. He doesn't need Jon and the Wildlings to offer any distraction or means of weakening the Boltons before he shows up with the Vale. If he knows Sansa escaped Winterfell, he's surely aware of Stannis' army being destroyed. The only remaining force in the north is castle black and Ramsay's winterfell. He wants to move up the chain, regardless if Jon Snow or Ramsay dies, either helps eliminate a powerful rival with a potential claim to the North. Also, it gives him the opportunity to reacquire Sansa for whatever purpose he may develop.

Now, if the next step is to say "maybe he convinced Ramsay to write the letter," why would Ramsay have been talking to Littlefinger about any of these events? Dont think that's the case at all. However, Ramsay does kinda owe him one for bringing him Sansa in the first place.
The Debt
If the come and see theory is correct, then LF knows Ramsay has rickon, how would LF know a classified secret like that?

He is about to checkmate ramsay.
HeadGames
AG
I don't see LF siding with the Boltons. I think he'll win favor with Sansa furthermore. Killing Bolton, marrying Sansa, and pretty much becoming a king. (Till Danny comes over)
Goose06
AG
quote:
I don't see LF siding with the Boltons. I think he'll win favor with Sansa furthermore. Killing Bolton, marrying Sansa, and pretty much becoming a king. (Till Danny comes over)
This is a tough one for me. Do you really think Sansa will forgive LF? She is a changed person now and a much stronger person. She also seems confident the northern houses will rally to the Starks so she may not be desperate for the help LF can provide from the Knights of the Vale. I am 50/50 on whether or not Sansa forgives LF but I am at least 80% sure she won't agree to marry him anytime soon.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
So does LF believe or care about the White Walkers?

Does his strategy involve anything about protecting the wall?

Did Rickon tell the Umbers where Bran was headed or his purpose? Does LF know that and figure he doesn't need to battle what he may presume Bran will take care of? Will Ramsey now torture Rickon to get info?

Is this a soap opera?
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
I don't think anyone outside of Castle Black is concerned with the WW.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
I don't think Sansa would willingly marry LF. She's already rejected his advances at the Errie. And that was before he "sold" her to the Boltons.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think anyone outside of Castle Black is concerned with the WW.

Agreed. They're also not too concerned about dragons either.
PMD03
AG
One of the books, (#3 I think) mentions a real Kraken being spotted. Magical creatures have been making a comeback but so far no one really cares.
CapCityAg89
AG
Just for giggles, the pink letter from A Dance with Dragons:
quote:
Your false king is dead, *******. He and all his host were smashed in seven days of battle. I have his magic sword. Tell his red *****.

Your false king's friends are dead. Their heads upon the walls of Winterfell. Come see them, *******. Your false king lied, and so did you. You told the world you burned the King-Beyond-the-Wall. Instead you sent him to Winterfell to steal my bride from me.

I will have my bride back. If you want Mance Rayder back, come and get him. I have him in a cage for all the north to see, proof of your lies. The cage is cold, but I have made him a warm cloak from the skins of the six *****s who came with him to Winterfell.

I want my bride back. I want the false king's queen. I want his daughter and his red witch. I want this wildling princess. I want his little prince, the wildling babe. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, *******, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your *******'s heart and eat it.

Ramsay Bolton, Trueborn Lord of Winterfell
And from the show:
quote:
To the traitor and ******* Jon Snow, You allowed thousands of wildlings past the wall. You have betrayed your own kind. You have betrayed the North. Winterfell is mine, *******, come and see. Your brother Rickon is in my dungeon. His direwolf's skin is on my floor, come and see.

I want my bride back. Send her to me, *******, and I won't trouble you or your wildling lovers. Keep her from me and I will ride north and slaughter every wildling man, woman and babe living under your protection. You will watch as I skin them living.

You will watch as my soldiers take turns raping your sister. You will watch as my dogs devour your wild little brother. Then I will spoon your eyes from their sockets and let my dogs do the rest, come and see.

Ramsay Bolton, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North.
The theory in the books is that Mance wrote the letter - to draw out John, the NW and the wildlings? The theory in the show is that LF wrote it - same purpose. The shows done this a couple times (mixed stories based on general book occurrences with specific details), so I guess it makes sense.
The Debt
I dont think LF's letter is meant to "draw them out." But rather impress upon them the situation that they need Baelish and the Vale. If they only have 2000 wildling fighters, 40 NWs, and a Stark name, it wont be enough.
MW03
AG
Is Sansa still married to Tyrion?
ja86
AG
quote:
wasn't consummated so doesn't count?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Doesn't matter didn't have sex?
MW03
AG
Was it ever annulled (or whatever the Westerosi equivalent would be) by the High Septon? I don't know that they ever discussed that when Sansa was running and Tyrion was on trial for Joffery. I was thinking it would be funny if she ended up with Tyrion in the end after being appalled by him in the beginning.
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
quote:
Isn't Tyrion still married to Tysha (did sex)?
annie88
AG
quote:
good hair day vs. bad hair day
Could be. He's just hot as all get out (not the words I'd like to use) sometimes. I do like dark hair and dark eyes too...
CapCityAg89
AG
I was thinking about these couple posts (mine and a couple responses) from the end of the season 5 thread. I thought it might be worth bringing back up for comments:

quote:
So as compared to the books:

• Jon - same point - "dying"
  • Cercei- same point - post WOS with Strong awaiting trial
  • Dany- similar - found by Dothraki after being rescued by Drogon
  • Tyrion - ahead of the books in Mereen
  • Stannis - way ahead and dead (I think Brienne hated him too much) - so will WoW circles back to this point. In other words: was the show actually a book spoiler?!
  • Jamie - just so different (book he's with Brienne somewhere and show he's on a slow boat from Dorne)
  • Mel - circled back to book in that she's with dying Jon at Castle Black.
  • Sam - close to same point on his way to Old Town.
  • Bran - same but in books its hinted he's watching Winterfell/Theon - back season 6?
  • Arya- I'm going to say show is behind. Although it will be interesting to see how much training they short-cycle next season.
  • Littlefinger- call it the same - kindof lurking
  • Davos - completely different. Show hanging out at the wall, books looking for Rickon at Skagos.
  • Margaery Tyrell - different path, but about the same place, she was released in the books.
  • Iron Islands - who knows where they are at in show, but in the books all kinds of stuff happened.

marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
Apparently some reddit user posted a ton of spoilers and had been correct about several occurrences in previous seasons.

***DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THEM***

But now maybe us book readers can feel smug again.

I dont want to click that link. But, please explain your last comment about books and smug. Do the spoilers steer the show back to the books?

As in being a book reader, you know what will happen (i.e. Ned dying, Red W, etc. I used smug in jest. Hence the winky face.)
ja86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes I think so. Maybe they dig polygamy
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes I think so. Maybe they dig polygamy

Duh, because he's a secret Targaryen.
nikator
AG
Tywin had Tyrion's marriage to Tysha anulled
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
Tywin had Tyrion's marriage to Tysha anulled
Didn't he have her killed? Or did he just ***** her our in front of his young son? Father of the year right there!
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
I never viewed him as arrogant. Sadistic, ambitious, jealous, for sure...but I can't recall him underestimating an opponent.
He underestimated Sansa and Theon....
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I never viewed him as arrogant. Sadistic, ambitious, jealous, for sure...but I can't recall him underestimating an opponent.
or.... the snowfall
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
or.... the snowfall

^This. Not to mention if it weren't for a haphazard rescue by Brienne, Ramsay would still have them both.
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
or.... the snowfall

Damn ... He IS Napoleon
bangobango
AG

nm. somebody already addressed this and I am wrong. Still don't think it's LF. At some point, the characters can't be omniscient.
First Page Last Page
Page 79 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.