***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,154 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think just that he wanted to help her get the throne. But he didn't know the throne was vacant until he got there.

To me it seemed like he just had no place else to go.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
This might have been mentioned already, but the best part of last night's episode was far and away the long, extended eye-****ing brienne received from tormund
I starred your post, but I thought Edd's reaction to Tormund was actually the best part.
OnlyForNow
AG
Totally.

Her first season I was like another babe, albeit plain looking, still not shabby.

Now the actress has definitely let herself go a little.

As far as the kingsmoot goes, I could see her being killed by one of her uncles... but they haven't introduced anyone else into the fray yet. So it seems that Ashara will stand alone against Euron or Victorion (I can't keep them straight)
titanmaster_race
quote:
This might have been mentioned already, but the best part of last night's episode was far and away the long, extended eye-****ing brienne received from tormund

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/tumblr_o79291oZxU1ql6pbdo2_250-1463405250.gif
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Everyone has to get a little something on this show. That's practically a rule.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:

By the way....with all the other excitement I forget....what did Theon say he wanted?

I thought he would say revenge but he didn't just something about her ruling. Was that it?

That he wanted to help his sister at the Kingsmoot. "You will rule the Iron Islands and I will help you."
Margaery quoted the Book of the Stranger...Something about a graveyard. Get HYPED for Cleganebowl.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Totally.

Her first season I was like another babe, albeit plain looking, still not shabby.

As far as the kingsmoot goes, I could see her being killed by one of her uncles... but they haven't introduced anyone else into the fray yet. So it seems that Ashara will stand alone against Euron or Victorion (I can't keep them straight)
Does she have more than one uncle on the show? We appear to have lost Euron and Victarion in favor of the amalgam Eurtarion. Have we seen the Damphair at all? I do not recall.
OnlyForNow
AG
What was the episode named?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
What was the episode named?

The Book of the Stranger
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starting to look like we won't get R+L=J next week.
Andy07
AG
quote:
quote:
Totally.

Does she have more than one uncle on the show? We appear to have lost Euron and Victarion in favor of the amalgam Eurtarion. Have we seen the Damphair at all? I do not recall.

I thought that Drowned God priest that told Asha there will be a Kingsmoot will be the fill-in for damphair. He was in the preview for the next episode I believe as well.
JonSnow
How do you bring the Dothraki to Westeros? These guys survive by robbing, raping, burning, and looting. Or you pay them not to do that. They don't really make good neighbors or allies. Can Danny keep them in check in Westeros and then have them nicely return to their baron desert? They might find the weekly defended cities of Westeros too easy for the picking. And I don't think that Westerosis will be too excited about any leader that brings Mongol type barberians to their shores. Maybe the Dothraki are going to be left to enforce the Slave cities? And the hot ex-Khaleesi we just met runs things for Danny on the ground? And that frees Danny and the Unsullied to head to Westeros?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought that Drowned God priest that told Asha there will be a Kingsmoot will be the fill-in for damphair. He was in the preview for the next episode I believe as well.
the TV Show Wiki agrees with you. I didn't hear her call him "nuncle" or "Aeron" or "Damphair," so I guess I did not make the connection. Also, he looked far too old to be Aeron. Oh well.
Apache
AG
I'm not sure Theon gets redemption directly on Ramsay (ie killing him) unless he rebounds psychologically. He is so beaten down mentally now, I can't really see him getting close enough to do so. His redemption could come in the form of either intel on Ramsay which helps the North/Iron Islanders defeat the Boltons or just reconciling his relationship with the Starks. (He's already done the latter with Sansa)

The Dothraki have followed Khals, now they are following a Goddess (In their minds) who commands three dragons. They will do whatever the heck she tells them to do. I could see her using them to conquer Westeros & then appointing a Khal to lead them when they head back after the war.
Apache
AG
....and Tormund if definitely getting after Brianne.
The Debt
quote:
quote:

By the way....with all the other excitement I forget....what did Theon say he wanted?

I thought he would say revenge but he didn't just something about her ruling. Was that it?

That he wanted to help his sister at the Kingsmoot. "You will rule the Iron Islands and I will help you."

I don't think theon understands the iron islands and succession there.

I think his "I want you to rule" is more of a moment where he admits he is unfit and he recognizes she is better than him. He clearly doesn't know his uncle, nor does he know his sister other than she led a raiding party recently.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I really liked how Ramsay was meticulously peeling an apple when Osha walked in.
plowboy1065
S
Just realized the High Sparrow was in Glengarry Glen Ross
The Debt
quote:
....and Tormund if definitely getting after Brianne.

They made it obvious with the story about her sweet 16 that renly was gay and she liked the attention of the other men. But they never made it clear whether she was straight.

People tell me there is tension between her and jaime, but I never saw it. His confession in the bathhouse was intimacy of a broken man, not hey I love you soooo much.
lne2011
AG
quote:
How do you bring the Dothraki to Westeros? These guys survive by robbing, raping, burning, and looting. Or you pay them not to do that. They don't really make good neighbors or allies. Can Danny keep them in check in Westeros and then have them nicely return to their baron desert? They might find the weekly defended cities of Westeros too easy for the picking. And I don't think that Westerosis will be too excited about any leader that brings Mongol type barberians to their shores. Maybe the Dothraki are going to be left to enforce the Slave cities? And the hot ex-Khaleesi we just met runs things for Danny on the ground? And that frees Danny and the Unsullied to head to Westeros?
This is my prediction. Grey Worm and Missandei kept telling Tyrion the only way to get the Slavers to stop is by force and not diplomacy. Now, Dany has the perfect army for to keep the cities of Slaver's Bay in check. Once she has that, she can sail to Westeros with the Unsullied and start conquering there.
MaroonStain
AG
Yeppers! He had that "I'm going to make you smile" look mixed with "I'm going to ______ that ______ up" look.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:

Also in Pirates of the Carribean
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

And Tomorrow Never Dies.
OnlyForNow
AG
Count me in the group that doesn't understand how the Dothraki are going to not fall back to their Mongol-esque ways if/when they get to Westros.

I get that the fear of being burned alive is strong, but I still think that is a hurdle difficult to cross.
plowboy1065
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

And Tomorrow Never Dies.
I remembered Pirates and Tomorrow, but it's been a while since I've seen Glengarry. It's on now so I started watching while I was eating lunch and he popped on screen.
OnlyForNow
AG
Another thing no one else has mentioned.

Breanne has the sword Oathkeeper, which was created from the melting down/destruction of Ice. The Stark family sword.

Now that everyone is together... I foresee that Oathkeeper will pass to a Stark, I am also betting that Widow's Wail comes back into the Stark family as well... possibly in this scenerio...

Whoever is wielding Oathkeeper is fighting whoever is wielding Widow's Wail, amidst dragon fire.... the fire is so hot it melts the swords together, and the non-stark involved dies.

Boom, I'll bookmark this for the final season...
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
I starred your post, but I thought Edd's reaction to Tormund was actually the best part.
When it comes to the side characters, Edd and Tormund top the list.
Apache
AG
The entry of the Vale into the war is a huge development and will swing the balance of power of the north to the Starks (albeit with Littlefinger pulling the strings)

What is his motivation for doing so? Kill off SweetRobin, become king of the Vale, try and marry Sansa?

I also wonder when/if Jamie will be going to the Riverlands.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't think theon understands the iron islands and succession there.

I think his "I want you to rule" is more of a moment where he admits he is unfit and he recognizes she is better than him. He clearly doesn't know his uncle, nor does he know his sister other than she led a raiding party recently.
It is interesting that the show is skipping-over the fact that a Kingsmoot is unheard-of in "modern" times. The show seems to just assume that there will be a Kingsmoot every time a ruler dies, rather than seeing the rule pass to the heir.

For anyone who has not read the books, there has not been a kingsmoot in thousands of years. A Kingsmoot is called at Balon's death only because the succession is as muddled as it is.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
This is my prediction. Grey Worm and Missandei kept telling Tyrion the only way to get the Slavers to stop is by force and not diplomacy. Now, Dany has the perfect army for to keep the cities of Slaver's Bay in check. Once she has that, she can sail to Westeros with the Unsullied and start conquering there.
The Dothraki was NOT going to sit around as garrison troops on Slaver's Bay.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Atonement is for closers?
lne2011
AG
True. But she could use them to 1st stop slavery, then 2nd tell the Slave cities if they disobey she bring the Dothraki back again.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Another thing no one else has mentioned.

Breanne has the sword Oathkeeper, which was created from the melting down/destruction of Ice. The Stark family sword.

Now that everyone is together... I foresee that Oathkeeper will pass to a Stark, I am also betting that Widow's Wail comes back into the Stark family as well... possibly in this scenerio...

Whoever is wielding Oathkeeper is fighting whoever is wielding Widow's Wail, amidst dragon fire.... the fire is so hot it melts the swords together, and the non-stark involved dies.

Boom, I'll bookmark this for the final season...
AgLaw
AG
I think the end game for the High Sparrow has always been a religious war. He's tried multiple times to provoke Tommen into violence, with no success. Now, he's planting information via Tommen that he thinks will provoke the Tyrells and Lannisters. This one is going to work.
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.