***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,432 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive
AG
quote:
This is the worst season yet.

So far, through 68 pages of posts, this is the dumbest yet.

That or an A- troll attempt.
PatAg
AG
quote:
Don't doeget Ep5 preview showed Bran with the Nights King
I feel like it will be tied to Ned maybe hearing Bran when he yelled. Maybe the Night King becomes aware of his presence and it threatens Bran's life back in the present.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
I need to watch it again but it looked like it was a flashback.
was he standing?

edit - just watched and yeah he was.

could be in the past or present or future...but definitely a vision. actually looked like it might havebeen just prior to Hardhome. perhaps he was just seeing the threat of the white walkers, etc.

so if that is Brans only vision in this episode then that means we don't get the rest of the TOJ reveal. damn from the description i assumed this was the episode. if thats the case they are saving it....for closer to or even after the battle of the *******s.
The way Meera was trying to wake him, could possibly be the present.
frog_killer
AG
It seemed like the White walkers could see him.....
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Dany is not the new Khal. She walked out of fire. Those weren't people bowing to their new boss. Dany is now the Dothraki Goddess. They will follow her anywhere and do anything she says. The raping slaving days are over. Just wait till they see dragons.
redline248
AG
Exactly right. They just freaking bowed down. They will do whatever she says. Or else she'll burn them too.

One thing is consistent, she ends slavery every where she goes.

Perhaps she ends the enslavement of dead corpses?
The Debt
quote:
quote:
Don't doeget Ep5 preview showed Bran with the Nights King
I feel like it will be tied to Ned maybe hearing Bran when he yelled. Maybe the Night King becomes aware of his presence and it threatens Bran's life back in the present.

More like Bran visits the first war with the WWs. And the NK, unlike Ned, is a magical being centuries old and knows the old gods are there and talks with bran.

**if you believe Ned heard Bran, or a wisp in the wind that was caused by Bran, then logically Bran's actions today occurred in the distant past. Meaning his convo or presence with the NK occurred 1000 years ago.**

What becomes more crazy, is that we know Ned spent hours a week at the weirwoods, at the very least feeling his future sons presence, hearing the wind....
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Dead Osha doesn't know how lucky she is... could have been Ramsey's play thing for a season. Knife to the jugular > having bits cut off and sent to you family.

In the opening scene with Jon and Sansa, I just kept thinking "don't let one of them get nailed by an arrow before they hug. At least let this girl have a hug!" And for once, Sansa had a happy moment.
COOL LASER FALCON
Sansa goes to hug him and then looks him in the eye and says, "for the watch!" ***stab***
The Debt
Ramsay is taking the loss of reek quite well.

In the books they made him into someone who hates losing his toys. I suppose becoming lord makes petty things less important
TampaBayAg08
AG
The Dany taking the Dothraki over to Westeros and ruining it is a silly argument.

Recall the whole reason Dany is involved with the Dothraki--she married Drogo so Viserys can have his Dothraki army to take back the iron throne. Except Viserys never had control over the Dothraki--he was basically entrusting everything to Drogo (which was his Achilles heel moment).

Not only did Dany obey Dothraki laws by killing the khals to now become the khal... But she did it by walking through freaking fire and living (twice). People will follow that through faith or fear (or both).
aglaohfour
AG
Jon and Sansa together, finally. I actually cried. I love that it was her convincing him that it's time to go wreck shop on Lord Bolton. Shows how far her character has come and I'm dying to see her get vengeance for everything the Starks have been through.
The Debt
The dothraki follow strength above all else. S1
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Ramsay is taking the loss of reek quite well.

In the books they made him into someone who hates losing his toys. I suppose becoming lord makes petty things less important
yeah and he has had a lot going on....not just sitting in his castle and having playtime with Reek any more...

he lost Sansa
and Reek
and his sextoy Myranda in one day
after a big battle with Stannis
and then had to kill his dad, stepmom(?) and her baby
and then had the umbers show up with a Stark

TampaBayAg08
AG
Word. And this was Dany's big power play to show her strength... Which is beyond what anyone has ever seen (save Jorah). If that doesn't make them want to follow her and change their ways...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

we certainly did not know Dany could do that again....

GRRM had said it was a one time thing - did we digress from the books or....did he lie (like "Jon Snow is really dead" kind of lie....to protect the narrative)

and since we know she can do it again (and without the dragon eggs)....kinda brings up the point why she hasn't done that to everyone that thwarts her efforts. would have made the intervening 4 seasons go quicker i think as people seem to fall inline when she walks out of fires.

just kinda funny. feels like they were just biding time until they (the writers/GRRM) were ready for her to come to Westeros.

But alas....I don't care. I'm happy about it. Let's roll.

BallerStaf2003
AG
Ok so something about Game of Thrones has been bugging me for a while, and it boiled over for me tonight. I need to vent about Loras Tyrell.

In the books, Loras is one of the strongest knights in the seven kingdoms. He's in love with Renly Baratheon, and gets very depressed when Renly dies. After his death, Loras goes celebate to avenge his love, determined to kill Stannis Baratheon. His face gets disfigured by fire during a battle at dragon stone.

In the show, Loras' sexuality defines him, and is plagued by gay stereotypes. Renly dies, and Loras can't stop hanging around the male ***** house to cope with his loss. His promiscuity is so strong, that he gets arrested by religious zealots over his unnatural behavior. This past episode, his tortire and imprisonment has driven him insane, and he's unable to take the punishment anymore.

Why did the show have to make him so weak, so promiscuous, and so shallow? I want Loras from the books, where being gay was a small part of a warriors life. Not a bar fly on cedar springs looking for his next *****.
TampaBayAg08
AG
She doesn't burn everything/everyone to the ground because she's making sure she isn't a product of her crazy daddy... Who loved to burn everything and everyone and had a bad reputation for doing so. And that brought upon a rebellion against him.

If you hear about a queen that burns everything and walks out of fire, or a queen who breaks chains and liberates people... Which one would you choose? She's playing the long game as an investment. Otherwise that's like asking why doesn't she have her dragons just go kill everything and everyone and get it over with and sit on the iron throne already?
wangus12
AG
Agreed
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Totally agree. I really have a problem with a lot of gay tv characters for that reason, and it's because they are portrayed as being gay is their number one identifier. So they become nothing more than a prop for the writer's social agenda, and the character becomes a shallow trope.
marble rye
AG
I couldn't care less about Theon going back to Pyke or the whole Ironborn storyline. Wish they would have left it out. Worse than Dorne, imo.
The Debt
You don't know to the extent the faith militant tortured loras. Hot poker to the prostate seems fairly "medieval on his ass"
redline248
AG
quote:

we certainly did not know Dany could do that again....

GRRM had said it was a one time thing - did we digress from the books or....did he lie (like "Jon Snow is really dead" kind of lie....to protect the narrative)

and since we know she can do it again (and without the dragon eggs)....kinda brings up the point why she hasn't done that to everyone that thwarts her efforts. would have made the intervening 4 seasons go quicker i think as people seem to fall inline when she walks out of fires.

just kinda funny. feels like they were just biding time until they (the writers/GRRM) were ready for her to come to Westeros.

But alas....I don't care. I'm happy about it. Let's roll.

In my opinion, we knew she could. I don't know the timeframe of when Martin said that relative to the books, but in ADWD she walks among the fire Drogon is breathing and loses all her hair again, without any burns to her skin.
BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:
Totally agree. I really have a problem with a lot of gay tv characters for that reason, and it's because they are portrayed as being gay is their number one identifier. So they become nothing more than a prop for the writer's social agenda, and the character becomes a shallow trope.

Exactly. So frustrating. And they made him weak as well as a political pawn.
annie88
AG
LOVED this episode.

Just. Awesome.

And I really ****ing hate Ramsay.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The acting in this episode was phenomenal.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
You don't know to the extent the faith militant tortured loras. Hot poker to the prostate seems fairly "medieval on his ass"
A la Edward ll?
WoMD
I have to admit, I read the books and never picked up on loras and renly being gay. Although it's obvious looking back.
As already said, that point shouldn't have become such a defining component to what was a pretty good character (in the books). He's gone from a badass who is also gay to an over the top gay stereotype character who I feintly remember having some skill with a sword (pun intended) a few seasons ago.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Has there ever been middle ground when it comes to being gay on HBO? You're either cool gay or victim gay. Poor Loras, Renly got to be cool gay.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
They still treated Renly the same way though. Oberyn is the only character that has broken that mold. Although I guess you could say Roz too.
R0GUE
AG
quote:

And I really ****ing hate Ramsay.
Hey knife in the throat is way better than fed to dogs or flayed alive. She won out in all honesty.
MW03
AG
I hope Osha wasn't crucial to Umber's so-called plan to protect Rickon from Ramsay...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The only way it plays out to be a trick at this point is if they kept Rickon and Osha in the dark about it IMO.
redbaron788
AG
Plagued by what stereotypes? He met the guy while sparring one day (because Baelish sent him to get in Loras' pants to use as leverage later.) And one partner is promiscuous now? I thought those were relationships. He was likely never in a ***** house either, you think Margaery went to a brothel to find her brother and walked in on them there? People talked enough about him and Renly.
And you're only considering Loras being weak as the reason he broke. Strong people break all the time, especially if the enemy doesn't fight by the same rules or even allow fighting back. He said it himself in an old episode, he's trained all his life to be the best fighter. But if he can't fight back he's nothing and that destroys him in a way no physical punishment could.
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.