***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,024 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
AggieSouth06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
also, they've cut the Lord Manderly plot line but they still killed Wendel Manderly at the Red Wedding. the Umbers and Manderleys are true to the Starks yet Ramsay counts them among his contingent.

Have they? Check those casting calls for S6.
PatAg
AG
I'm also greatly looking forward to Bran talking to Meera about her Dad saving Ned's life at the Tower of Joy. Does she know her dad was there and what happened, maybe she knows about other things?

If she doesn't know, it would be cool to see her find out, and it's neat that a Stark has another Reed watching his back.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
also, they've cut the Lord Manderly plot line but they still killed Wendel Manderly at the Red Wedding. the Umbers and Manderleys are true to the Starks yet Ramsay counts them among his contingent.

Even without looking at casting calls, I know they have mentioned the Manderley's a few times, and they don't do things like that for no reason. Looking forward to the "The North Remembers" scenes.
RDV-1992
quote:
I'm also greatly looking forward to Bran talking to Meera about her Dad saving Ned's life at the Tower of Joy. Does she know her dad was there and what happened, maybe she knows about other things?

If she doesn't know, it would be cool to see her find out, and it's neat that a Stark has another Reed watching his back.
******Potential Spoiler********

There is a theory (I think I read it here) that Jon Snow and Meera are twins. That conversation would probably resolve the twin theory one way or another.
PatAg
AG
Yea I've seen that too, and it's definitely interesting. I feel like it isn't likely, but it wouldn't upset me for it to be true. I think at some point there are enough hidden family ties, haha.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This was approximately my reaction to "My watch has ended."

Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:

sweet. i had not looked. this actually lends more credence to the theory this is a plan by the northern families. it's just moving via a different route than the books.
bkag9824
AG
Keep Roose's comments just before being killed re being smart about your moves. Could Ramsay's blind blood lust be his ultimate downfall, as foreseen by the father he murdered?
JJxvi
AG
Dawn isn't valyrian steel.
AGeng25
AG
I liked the TOJ fight scene. Dayne looked way more skilled wielding two swords, and had he only used 1 against 6 guys, I'm sure people would gripe about how ridiculous it was. The fact that Dayne was able to skillfully use 2 swords proved how badass he was.

Also I've noticed all the wiki pages say that Ser Hightower was the one with Dayne in the episode. I can't remember, but is there anything in the episode that specifically states it is Whent with Dayne who gets killed??

reference: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Oathbreaker
quote:
Bran has a vision of the past again. He and the three-eyed raven are at the Tower of Joy in Dorne, shortly after the end of Robert's Rebellion. The last two of the Targaryen Kingsguard stand before the Tower and block their way of a small party of Northmen led by Ned himself. The three-eyed raven identified Ned's second-in-command as Howland Reed, Meera's father. Eddard tells Ser Arthur Dayne and Lord Commander Gerold Hightower to stand down, and asks why they weren't at the Trident.
AGeng25
AG
quote:
Keep Roose's comments just before being killed re being smart about your moves. Could Ramsay's blind blood lust be his ultimate downfall, as foreseen by the father he murdered?
This. They don't put in throwaway comments like this for nothing...
wangus12
AG
quote:
Nope. But it wields all the same properties of Valyrian steel and be as pale as milkglass. Its also a great sword. Like Ned Stark's Ice. It is supposed to be wielded with two hands.
wangus12
AG
So looking at the Bolton-Umber scene again. Smalljon Umber says that the Greatjon died of natural causes. In the books he is still held at the Twins after the RW. Maybe the con is to convince Ramsay Smalljon is the new Lord while Greatjon assembles an army.
bangobango
AG
You book experts, was it not known that Ned had help besting Dayne? I can't remember, but I was surprised by how Bran acted at learning that fact. I mean, it was seven on three (or two in the show), I guess I don't see what was so much more dishonorable about somebody sneaking up and stabbing him in the back.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Forget where I read it, but after the sandsnake BS, they wanted an absolute badass swordsman to play Danye. Which they did. It is probably harder to show off a badass swordsman with a great sword than with 2 normal ones.

6v2 didn't bother me at all. It was a chaotic enough scene; imagine tossing 2 more guys in there.
wangus12
AG
quote:
You book experts, was it not known that Ned had help besting Dayne? I can't remember, but I was surprised by how Bran acted at learning that fact. I mean, it was seven on three (or two in the show), I guess I don't see what was so much more dishonorable about somebody sneaking up and stabbing him in the back.
Ned says in the books that he would have died were it not for Howland Reed. He definitely states that Reed saved his ass during that battle.
marble rye
AG
Tired of direwolves getting killed. DGAF about Rickon though. He was a little ****.
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
quote:
Nope. But it wields all the same properties of Valyrian steel and be as pale as milkglass. Its also a great sword. Like Ned Stark's Ice. It is supposed to be wielded with two hands.

Yes, Dawn was a sword born of Fire, it is definitely thought of as important based on it's mentions in the books. It didn't appear that Stark was using Ice either. His sword was normal size. I wish they had spent more time at the ToJ. Kill all the Dany and Tyrion crap. We get that they are the big stars, but more time on ToJ would set up the total story than Dany with irrelevant windows and Tyrion managing a city nobody cares about.
Stive
AG
quote:
Forget where I read it, but after the sandsnake BS, they wanted an absolute badass swordsman to play Danye. Which they did. It is probably harder to show off a badass swordsman with a great sword than with 2 normal ones.

6v2 didn't bother me at all. It was a chaotic enough scene; imagine tossing 2 more guys in there.

Well they succeeded. That guy was cool to watch.
HeadGames
AG
quote:
quote:

******Potential Spoiler********

There is a theory (I think I read it here) that Jon Snow and Meera are twins. That conversation would probably resolve the twin theory one way or another.

They kinda look alike. Same hair anyways.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
So we don't know if GreatJohn is dead or not. And we don't know the Umbers true loyalty. But we do know that the North knows that Ramsey killed Roose. And that's a big deal.
Interesting that the last Episode was called "Oathbreaker" (Season 6, Ep 3)... yet I do not believe it was Jon Snow breaking any oaths. His watch ended when he died, so he was relieved of his oath.

Rewatching this clip from Season 1 makes me think the "Oathbreaker" title was an ode to The Greatjohn Umber and that the Umbers are about to F- over Ramsay...
boboguitar
AG
The best part of that fight was that people weren't attacking him one at a time(like almost every other sword fight choreographed), the entire group was going after him.
annie88
AG
quote:
EAD umbers. Crossed the line when you killed sh**** dog.
No ****!
annie88
AG
quote:
glad Ollie is dead. Hated his character.
Me too. I thought for a minute Jon was going to cut him down as they were strangling. Glad he didn't, the little ****.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
The Meera theory does not make sense, as Howland Reed would have no reason to lie to her regarding her parentage (or at least that she is actually Reed's daughter), also, I'm not sure Ned would be cool with the idea of his sister's child being raised by someone other than himself. If you remember from the books, Meera is surprised at the lack of knowledge Bran has regarding the story of the Knight of the laughing tree, which would indicate that Howland has no issue telling details that Ned would otherwise like to keep quiet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Dead Wolf Head (Season 6, Ep 3)

Sh****dog:

Grey Wind on Robb's Body:
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
The best part of that fight was that people weren't attacking him one at a time(like almost every other sword fight choreographed), the entire group was going after him.

THIS. It was an epic sword fight. Man the way all 6 swords were swinging was great. The choreography involved in that had to be very well planned and timed. I guess though those actors had nothing else to do really. THAT was their scene for the entire series really. They obviously put a lot into that 5 minute scene....gee I wonder if thats important somehow, more than just interesting backstory?!?!?!?!

SpreadsheetAg
AG
SOOOO...

Maybe the Manderly thing happened, but we didn't see it?

Greatjohn Umber is at The Twins, Manderly Shows up, takes out the Freys... Edmure Tulley is there...

***SPOLIER***

(and rumor is Edmure makes a re-appearance this season)
wangus12
AG
Man it still pisses me off that the Frey's mutilated both Grey WInd & Robb. **** the Freys
gougler08
AG
quote:
Man it still pisses me off that the Frey's mutilated both Grey WInd & Robb. **** the Freys
This can't be said enough
annie88
AG
quote:
Tormunds quote to Jon on how he knows Jon isn't a God had me rolling!
Disappointing though as that wasn't what I was imagining!
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
This can't be said enough
I'm still wanting the Freys to get a **** you to hell death!
yeahtoast
AG
Sh****dog's death bothered me more than any human being death since the Red Wedding.

(Rightful king of Westeros, Stannis the Mannis alive and presumed foraging for berries in the North)

TampaBayAg08
AG
How can you call basically a 4/5 year old a "little b****"? I just can't even comprehend. He's a damn Stark... Starks have shown they aren't "little b****es".
annie88
AG
quote:
When Jon fights Bolton, I hope it's very anticlimactic and Jon just instantly kills him in a sword fight. Just totally outclassed by Jon.
I see an argument for that, but I wouldn't mind them putting them on the X and flailing him as payback, but don't think that happen. Ramsey deserves a painful, prolonged death though. Cutting his wiener off would be nice too.
First Page Last Page
Page 53 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.