***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

840,990 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Can someone explain the Howland Reed / High Sparrow theory? Is there any evidence supporting that?

If true, was it all an elaborate plot for revenge for Ned Stark?

Go research it on GOT-devoted message boards. I believe in this theory.

Not completely sure of the history but wouldn't Jamie know who Howland Reed is?
Crannogmen keep to themselves and rarely leave their own borders. Outside of fighting with Ned, do we know of a time Howland has left the Neck? I believe, the only time Ned and Jamie see each other during Robert's War is at King's landing in the throne room.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
The rumors about WoW releasing this month seem to be based on a recent GRRM interview in which he states that the book will have a speedy publication and will be done "as soon as possible".

I would bet some crap website started the rumor as click bait, and it's slowly gathered steam as book readers, starving for any news, eagerly latch onto a glimmer of hope that the book will be published sometime soon.

Here. Sorry.
plowboy1065
S
I had to go back and look this up since there is just too much information to remember. Ned met Howland at the Tourney at Harrenhal when he was 18
Post removed:
by user
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
We never got confirmation anywhere that Syrio was killed
Yes, we did. Why does everyone ignore GRRM when he says that Syrio didn't survive?
because we hate you for killing "insert favorite here"
When I kill someone, they're dead. D. E. A. D. Period. No coming back, no mystery about it, just dead. Like disco dead, dammit.

Oh, wait...
plowboy1065
S
That tourney pretty much set in motion the rebellion.

On Howland being the High Sparrow, I don't see it. He sends his children, Jojen and Meera, to Robb to pledge his loyalty. I think he's still in the Neck but will appear somehow once Jon's lineage is discovered.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I had to go back and look this up since there is just too much information to remember. Ned met Howland at the Tourney at Harrenhal when he was 18

Isn't that where everything of note happened? Dany's boy met his wife there that eventually led to his downfall. The targ met Ned's sister?

and Jaime and Howland Reed were both at the Tourney at Harrenhal....so yes Jaime should very well know who Howland Reed is.

Jaime was made a member of the kingsguard at the opening ceremony. Also Mace Tyrell was there.

(all according to the books)

Farmer1906
AG
Shows what I remember.
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
Shows what I remember.

You know nothing.
Joe Cole
Just read about 15 pages of this to catch up.

1. Roy Dotrice GoT audiobooks are the only way to go. It's sad that at his age, he will not be able to complete the series.

2. I fear we have seen the end of Mel as we know her. I think she is so depressed after leaving the room that she will off herself or do something and may never even find out that he revived.

3. For those thinking Theon meant Winterfell when he said "home" ? I just can't see why in the world he would go back to Ramsey when he knows what will happen to him

4. Was there any reasoning why the 3 eyed crow seems to have gotten about 40 years younger in appearance from season 4 ? Season 4 when we first see him, he is a very old and barely moves. I guess they had to make him this younger version when they decided he needed to be mobile ?

SouthTexasAg06
AG
Re: Theon. I think he feels it's the only way to atone for his sins against the Stark family and that he deserves the treatment Ramsay will dish out. He openly says he doesn't want Jon to forgive him so that's why I think Winterfell is where he'll go to try and throw them off the scent.

Also, in the books we know Stannis has him at one point and according to the Pink Letter Ramsay claims to have defeated Stannis (which happens in the show) so it gets him back in the Bolton's clutches.
Stive
AG
If Theon ends up back at Ramsey's, then maybe he's the "gift" that the Umbers refer to in the preview for next week?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Isn't that where everything of note happened? Dany's boy met his wife there that eventually led to his downfall. The targ met Ned's sister?
and Jaime and Howland Reed were both at the Tourney at Harrenhal....so yes Jaime should very well know who Howland Reed is.

Jaime was made a member of the kingsguard at the opening ceremony. Also Mace Tyrell was there. (all according to the books)
Jaime was not at Harrenhall very long. As I recall, he showed up, was inducted into the Kingsguard and was promptly sent back to King's Landing. He didn't get to stay for any of the fun.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Just read about 15 pages of this to catch up.

4. Was there any reasoning why the 3 eyed crow seems to have gotten about 40 years younger in appearance from season 4 ? Season 4 when we first see him, he is a very old and barely moves. I guess they had to make him this younger version when they decided he needed to be mobile ?
I interpreted this as a vision, rather than a physical manifestation.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jaime was made a member of the kingsguard at the opening ceremony. Also Mace Tyrell was there.

(all according to the books)

The Tourney at Harrenhal was a massive affair. Jaime was inducted into the Kingsguard while Howland Reed wasn't even competing, just present and was low/enough to be bullied by several squires. Jaime is receiving a great honor and then doesn't stay, but is sent straight to King's Landing to protect the Queen and Viserys because the Mad King feared the Tourney was the stage for a coup by Rhaegar.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
I'm hoping its him and not Rickon...
redline248
AG
I hope it's a sneak attack!
plowboy1065
S
quote:
I hope it's a REEK attack!

FIFY
redline248
aggietoolman
AG
I don't recall, but did Theon/Reek ever confess to Ramsay that he didn't kill Bran and Rickon? I know that he confessed to Sansa, but don't recall anyone else. It would seem odd that Rickon would be the gift if everyone else outside of Theon and Sansa think he's dead.

Post removed:
by user
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
I don't recall, but did Theon/Reek ever confess to Ramsay that he didn't kill Bran and Rickon? I know that he confessed to Sansa, but don't recall anyone else. It would seem odd that Rickon would be the gift if everyone else outside of Theon and Sansa think he's dead.

Yes, that was the reason Roose tolerated Ramsay creating Reek.
aggietoolman
AG
Yep, completely forgot about that.
JJxvi
AG
In the books it was Ramsay's plan. In the show I think Theon came up with it on his own with his ironborn lieutenant guy. I'm not sure Ramsay was in the picture yet.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
In the books it was Ramsay's plan. In the show I think Theon came up with it on his own with his ironborn lieutenant guy. I'm not sure Ramsay was in the picture yet.
Ramsay wasnt in the show at that point. Ramsay didnt make an appearance until the Boltons had sacked Winterfell.
redline248
AG
Ramsey in the show knows about them, though, bc Theon told him before he revealed to Theon that he was the one that imprisoned him. The whole fake escape thing.
redbaron788
AG
Theon told Ramsay about the boys being alive after his "escape" from the "ironborn" back in season 3. Then in season 4, Ramsay tells his father the news who sends Locke to the Night's Watch to find out if Jon is hiding them.
Stive
AG
Yeah speaking of plot holes.....that Locke guy fell off the face of the earth and as far as we know never showed at Winterfell. If he had, Jon would know that the boys had come north looking for him.
redbaron788
AG
Umm... Locke met Jon, he helped out on the ranging at Craster's to kill the betrayers and got wrecked by a warged Hodor. Also Jon knew Bran went north of the Wall because Sam told him which Locke overheard prompting his volunteering
Stive
AG
Oh wow.....completely forgot about that!

My mistake
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
I hope it's a REEK attack!

FIFY
Whoever it is, it will definitely reek havoc.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
Yeah speaking of plot holes.....that Locke guy fell off the face of the earth and as far as we know never showed at Winterfell. If he had, Jon would know that the boys had come north looking for him.
He was killed in Season 4 at Crasters Keep by Hodor/Bran

Edit* Didnt update the page and missed the correction.

My bad.
yeahtoast
AG
By Gods, I've done it. I've read every reply to this thread and can finally participate in (yet another non r/ASOIAF) a GoT community.

And frankly, I'm disgusted with the lack of respect our rightful King, Stannis The Mannis Baratheon is currently receiving.
AggieSouth06
quote:
And frankly, I'm disgusted with the lack of respect our rightful King, Stannis The Mannis Baratheon is currently receiving.

A strategic, level-headed pragmatist entirely undone by staunch religious fanaticism.

I wonder if there have ever been any real world comparisons... Hmmm
The Debt
quote:
quote:
Even if jon is a targ, he would still be a basturd.
Yes. Like Tommen.
Tommen isnt a basturd. He is the legal heir to King Robert.
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.