***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,233 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
1. I think it is a stretch that Davos would ask Mel to resurrect Jon. He's been pretty much against bad juju magic from the get go. He never asked her to bring back his sons. So, now he's going to completely break character and ask her for Jon? Why? And this after she murdered Stannis's daughter? Just seemed way out of character for him and it never really explained his motivation for it. Seemed like poor writing, in my opinion.

2. All this burning people at the stake and you're telling me all you have to do to resurrect somebody is give them a haircut and a shampoo? Silly.

3. I think Jon will pardon Ollie but execute the main traitor. Can't think of his name.

4. David will be Jon's "hand" now that Sam is gone.

I dont know where to start with this post.

How about with point one and go from there? Or is that snarky enough for you?
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
1. I think it is a stretch that Davos would ask Mel to resurrect Jon. He's been pretty much against bad juju magic from the get go. He never asked her to bring back his sons. So, now he's going to completely break character and ask her for Jon? Why? And this after she murdered Stannis's daughter? Just seemed way out of character for him and it never really explained his motivation for it. Seemed like poor writing, in my opinion.

2. All this burning people at the stake and you're telling me all you have to do to resurrect somebody is give them a haircut and a shampoo? Silly.

3. I think Jon will pardon Ollie but execute the main traitor. Can't think of his name.

i actually hope JSnow walks right up to him and beats his face in until its mush and then says for the watch as he walks off covered in his blood....but thats just me

I'm torn on that. Not sure why so many people think death is going to make Jon a heartless ******* or killing machine. Maybe it will, but I for one like the Starks like Jon and Ned because they keep their honor even when all around them are losing theirs. I think it will make Jon different, just don't know that cold blooded execution of a boy is the way I want to see him "evolve."
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

i actually hope JSnow walks right up to him and beats his face in until its mush and then says for the watch as he walks off covered in his blood....but thats just me

I'm torn on that. Not sure why so many people think death is going to make Jon a heartless ******* or killing machine. Maybe it will, but I for one like the Starks like Jon and Ned because they keep their honor even when all around them are losing theirs. I think it will make Jon different, just don't know that cold blooded execution of a boy is the way I want to see him "evolve."
the little **** killed Ygritte too! Hopes he roasts....
Gerald Tarrant
i have trouble understanding why anyone questions Davos' actions in the context of what's happened in the story leading up to that point...Davos is a man who believes what he sees. he's not a godly or religious man, no, but he's witnessed the supernatural multiple times now. he's not necessarily anti-magic, he's just a skeptic. it's not really a stretch for him to go to the one person who he's seen do crazy **** and request that she at least try

and he never saw her burn shireen (not sure how he'd know) and didn't have the body of his son (who is crisped up somewhere at the bottom of the blackwater). as for motivation for Jon to be alive, that was discussed at length earlier in the thread
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Killing the boy would be following Stark code even when you don't feel good about it.
wangus12
AG
quote:

I agree with this as well. When Beric Dondarrion was resurrected by Thoros, he didn't change morally. He did lose some of his memories. By the time Arya met him, he couldn't remember where he was from, favorite foods and other things
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think Tyrion is the Mad King's son. Tywin always knew it. And once alluded
How so?
"You wear my sigil because I cannot prove you are not my blood" or something to that effect.

I always thought of that as tywins disgust and shame at having a dward son. Especially one that acts as tyrion does.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I'm not thinking about the stark honor
I just hate that olley *******
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think Tyrion is the Mad King's son. Tywin always knew it. And once alluded
How so?
"You wear my sigil because I cannot prove you are not my blood" or something to that effect.

I always thought of that as tywins disgust and shame at having a dward son. Especially one that acts as tyrion does.
Yes, and if you read the phrase literally it's basically saying: "I'd disown you, but all the evidence is that you actually are my son, there's no way for me to prove you aren't."

So yeh it's actually saying, there's no chance you aren't a Lannister, but I wish you weren't.
Stive
AG
quote:
Quick Tower of Joy Recap:

That's a cool recap. What's that animated piece from?
wangus12
AG
Someone made it. Not produced by anyone. The pictures are all fan-made I believe. You can see a lot of the same ones on A Wiki of Ice and Fire
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Killing the boy would be following Stark code even when you don't feel good about it.

I agree, but killing him without remorse or regret would not be the Jon, or Ned, that we know and like. I just don't see Jon changing that drastically. He's not going to be Jamie and push some kid out of a window because the ends justify the means (at least I hope he doesn't become that).

I think he will be more decisive from here on out. Maybe have a little more of a " I've died before, it doesn't scare me now" attitude, as well, but I don't see him no longer weighing his decisions at all, or completely Ignoring the tragedy that really is Ollie's life. He may execute him, but it will eat him up to do so, in my opinion.
ellebee
Resurrection prayer translation.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/3/11576554/reddit-game-of-thrones-melisanre-prayer
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree, but killing him without remorse or regret would not be the Jon, or Ned, that we know and like. I just don't see Jon changing that drastically. He's not going to be Jamie and push some kid out of a window because the ends justify the means (at least I hope he doesn't become that).

I think he will be more decisive from here on out. Maybe have a little more of a " I've died before, it doesn't scare me now" attitude, as well, but I don't see him no longer weighing his decisions at all, or completely Ignoring the tragedy that really is Ollie's life. He may execute him, but it will eat him up to do so, in my opinion.

He executed Slynt for disobeying him and didn't hesitate. You're forgetting that honor is above death for the Starks and executing your Lord is more dishonorable than not following a direct order. I don't think he should hesitate or be eaten up about it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I think they'll spare him the characters dilemma and Olly will be killed some other way - like by Tormund or Wun Wun. They don't want him to be compared to Ramsay.
R0GUE
AG
Killing a ****ty, spiteful old coward who should know better =/= killing a kid who recently lost his family.

Jon might have Ollie executed if he loses a trial, but he's not going to beat him to a pulp or do it in spite. Even if he comes back "changed".

Dondarrion described coming back as feeling "diminished".

I suspect Jon will be a little less optimistic, and will feel his duty to the Night's Watch is over, but otherwise we aren't going to see him change just a whole lot.
PatAg
AG
This could just be the drugs talking, but what if while he was dead he meet's with the ghost of his "father" rhaegar, and then rhaegar inhabits his body when it comes back to life.

I am available to write the story line for the next network tvshow.
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm hoping for a hilarious Look Who's Talking Too situation with Jon and Ghost.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
this made me crack up.
M.C. Swag
AG
I never bought Benjen as Coldhands for the simple reason that Bran would surely recognize his own uncle. (Frozen corpse or not)
redline248
AG
didn't he keep his face covered?
PatAg
AG
quote:
didn't he keep his face covered?
This what I remember, not sure if its correct. I guess Benjen not coming back could have just served to let the Nights Watch know something serious was happening, but I just feel like nothing happens to a Stark in this story for no real reason.
M.C. Swag
AG
It's the way he's initially described early on but there's nothing about his character portrayal that would indicate he actively keeps his face hidden. And it wouldn't do him any good to hide his identity from his nephew or Sam. Add to that the fact that Coldhands was allegedly "Killed long ago" and i don't think it's him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
You mean Look Who's Talking Now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We know Ian McShane's character brings a dead character back, but are we sure it's the Hound? Could it be Roose?
COOL LASER FALCON
I've been exposed as a LWT poser. Now I feel like I can't even show my face at TalkyCon this year.
gougler08
AG
quote:
We know Ian McShane's character brings a dead character back, but are we sure it's the Hound? Could it be Roose?
Article I read said that it "might be the Hound, but definitely not Jon Snow". I think it's a 95% certainty that the Hound is alive and will show back up soon
OnlyForNow
AG
Definitely didn't say that he brought a dead character back to life.... just that someone we all thought was dead or had written off as dead, didn't in fact die and he is coming back to the show.
Stive
AG
quote:
Definitely didn't say that he brought a dead character back to life.... just that someone we all thought was dead or had written off as dead, didn't in fact die and he is coming back to the show.
Other than the hound, who else would be on that list?
plowboy1065
S
quote:
quote:

The list of characters that have "disappeared" from the show is long. I'm going say it's the Hound as well but Benjen would be nice
OnlyForNow
AG
Well no one, but there is a HUGE difference in bringing someone back from the dead and saving an injured man's life.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:

When he said this, my husband said "wait, Tyrion is TexAgs?"
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:

When he said this, my husband said "wait, Tyrion is TexAgs?"
You didnt know that TexAgs was the basis for Tyrion???
KidDoc
AG
quote:
quote:
Stannis, Kaitlyn Stark.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.