***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,547 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I"m not sure when or how, but I will enjoy Ramsey's death. Although there is something to be said about a character you love to hate.

I hope it's Sansa, Jon or Theon that kills him.

2:1 odds that Ghost eats him.
Gerald Tarrant
part of me likes the idea of them bringing Theon back to Ramsay, but almost as like an undercover agent

one thing that's been bugging me is Theon's last line of the episode when he parts ways with Sansa & co - "I'm going home."

i think it's entirely possible that he meant Winterfell, not the Iron Islands
combat wombat™
AG
Thanks
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:
I"m not sure when or how, but I will enjoy Ramsey's death. Although there is something to be said about a character you love to hate.

I hope it's Sansa, Jon or Theon that kills him.

2:1 odds that Ghost eats him.
That seems like a good bet, Ghost is going to eat at least one guy this season
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Other thoughts: Ned doesn't seem like the type to put such a bad beat down on someone to the point of loss of speech.
No, he's not the type. At least Adult Ned isn't. Could this be a life-altering formative event for Ned? Maybe it's a tragic accident. Maybe Benjen does it. Somebody is going to ring his bell hard and that will result in his condition.
My guess is if we see it in the book it will be Robert. Who knows about the show, but that seems like something Robert would do.

It is also possible Hodor gets hurt in some sort of accident. Maybe he is in the wrong place when the sister runs off or something with the tower of joy.
If he is a stable-boy, it's very likely that a horse simply kicked him in the head or something. It could kill someone smaller, but for him it just scrambled his mind.
I can vouch for this. A full-grown stallion could take your head off. I grew up raising horses and had a yearling knock a bunch of my back molars out when I was in high school.
PatAg
AG
So, is it possible that Jon is brought back to life the by "The Old Gods" maybe...or that maybe this is the start of people realizing The Old Gods and The New Gods(the 7) and The Lord of Light and all that...its all the same in this world.

I dunno, I think Jon will be the same for the most part, just maybe not as strict to rules as Ned/Robb/He was before death. Enough to leave the wall and take back the North in the name of the Starks...hand it over to Sansa, and meet up with Danaerys...so many ways they can go.
Gerald Tarrant
re: changes in Jon...i think one thing that seemed to change with Beric (from what I recall of those scenes) is every time he was brought back, his general motivations were more and more singular and purpose-driven (kill Gregor and his goons).

jon may finally quit ****ing around in his second life
RDV-1992
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Other thoughts: Ned doesn't seem like the type to put such a bad beat down on someone to the point of loss of speech.
No, he's not the type. At least Adult Ned isn't. Could this be a life-altering formative event for Ned? Maybe it's a tragic accident. Maybe Benjen does it. Somebody is going to ring his bell hard and that will result in his condition.
My guess is if we see it in the book it will be Robert. Who knows about the show, but that seems like something Robert would do.

It is also possible Hodor gets hurt in some sort of accident. Maybe he is in the wrong place when the sister runs off or something with the tower of joy.
If he is a stable-boy, it's very likely that a horse simply kicked him in the head or something. It could kill someone smaller, but for him it just scrambled his mind.
I can vouch for this. A full-grown stallion could take your head off. I grew up raising horses and had a yearling knock a bunch of my back molars out when I was in high school.
In the books there are second hand reports that Wylis (Hodor) goes down into the crypts beneath Winterfell and loses the ability to say anything but Hodor afterwards. Lots of speculation on what he saw down there that could have had that effect on him.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

In the books there are second hand reports that Wylis (Hodor) goes down into the crypts beneath Winterfell and loses the ability to say anything but Hodor afterwards. Lots of speculation on what he saw down there that could have had that effect on him.

*Cough Ice Dragon*
OnlyForNow
AG
I think the focus on her hands showed her hands aging.

I also think I saw his scars narrow then open again, but I was watching in barely HD with poor lighting.
redline248
AG
I actually thought I saw one of the wounds near his waist close a bit, but I think it was my imagination.

As to bring being different, it's all but guaranteed he'll change somehow. Martin has basically said this in an interview he talked about Cat and Beric. The question is, how will Jon be different?
OnlyForNow
AG
gift of Frey Pie from the Umbers maybe?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I think Jon will be very different. Part of them saying he was dead dead and not coming back i think was truthful in that he won't really be Jon any more. He comes back different.
OnlyForNow
AG
The other thing I think might happen, is they find the red witch dead, as a final act of failure on her part.

But that act brought Jon back.

Do we have any evidence that she is alive after this episode?
jenn96
AG
Great episode. Lots of things setting up nicely.

I would bet that this is the beginning of the end for Ramsey. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Karstarcks are now backing him publicly while starting to look for other options. The "gift' could well be a setup. I think Roose's "mad dog" comment was foreshadowing. There's no way what happened to Walda will stay a secret and that could effect Frey loyalty too. And the previously mention that "the North has long memories" illustrates why the Karstarks hate the Starks, but also serves to remind the viewer that the Boltons have betrayed the North overall far worse.

Hodor - that really seemed like foreshadowing that Hodor's mental demise has something to do with the Starks - yes, obviously a horse could kick him, or he could fall down the stairs, but that whole scene and afterward with Bran and Hodor's "conversation" really made me think he would be hurt - either by or in the service of the Starks. My own WAG is that it's somehow related to Lyanna's running off with Rhaegor, maybe Hodor tries to stop her or help her and gets hurt.

Jon coming back - yes! And also boo, since he probably won't be Jon anymore but some type of UnJon. Very curious to see if he tries to wreck shop on his betrayers or focus on the Walkers.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i think a pissed off Jon laying waste to his enemies would be very welcome....enough of sullen Jon I want angry Jon.
MW03
AG
I'm just ready for the Basterd Bowl.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Who makes up that? Jon, Ramsay, and Little Finger?
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
The other thing I think might happen, is they find the red witch dead, as a final act of failure on her part.

But that act brought Jon back.

Do we have any evidence that she is alive after this episode?
Do you have any evidence that she isn't?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Dude

wangus12
AG
quote:
Littlefinger isn't a *******, at least not by birth
hunter2012
AG
Who went through this roller coaster?

MW03
AG
quote:
quote:
Dude

I want to see it WWE style. Ramsay and Jon going at it in the ring, then someone plays Gendry's music and he comes running in while Jim Ross yell BAH GAWD!
Goose06
AG
quote:
quote:
Dude

Does Arya end up with this guy again? What's his name again? I can't figure out what Arya's future role could be at this point unless it's to be a badass killer of white walkers or maybe she finishes killing everyone who wronged her but that doesn't fit with the girl with no name stuff....but I'm not a book reader so....
redline248
AG
We're all kind of in the same boat with Arya. My personal opinion is that she eventually gets back to Westeros and becomes a Stark again, or maybe that is my hope. If she fully gives up her past life to be a faceless assassin, then what will have been the point?
hunter2012
AG
I think her setup is for her to make a choice, I have a feeling someone is going to contract the faceless men to kill Sansa or Jon. She'll have to choose between being a Stark or a faceless woman, I think she'll choose Stark and the faceless men will kill her for it. I just hope she finishes her list first.
Nagler
AG
I liked Davos' comment when they were about to fight before the wildlings showed up, "I've never been much of a fighter, I apologize for what you're about to see."

Also, Mel was sitting by the fire with a giant fur over her when Davos went to see her. In the past she didn't have to have a coat or anything because her faith kept her warm.
InternetFan02
AG
Does Davos know that Melisandre ordered Shireen burned at the stake? Does it matter either way - has he moved on from Stannis to his next chosen leader? Will he become a true believer in the Lord of Light? The Apostle Davos?
annie88
AG
quote:
re: changes in Jon...i think one thing that seemed to change with Beric (from what I recall of those scenes) is every time he was brought back, his general motivations were more and more singular and purpose-driven (kill Gregor and his goons).

jon may finally quit ****ing around in his second life

And hopefully have more sex.
annie88
AG
quote:
We're all kind of in the same boat with Arya. My personal opinion is that she eventually gets back to Westeros and becomes a Stark again, or maybe that is my hope. If she fully gives up her past life to be a faceless assassin, then what will have been the point?

I'm bored with the whole Arya story. Give the girl her damn eyes back and be on her way. She hasn't seen one of her family members all this time.

Also, I'm not convinced the hound is dead. Remember he said unless someone comes along I'm dead? I have a feeling someone came along. But will see.
Post removed:
by user
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
Manderly saying Rickon was on Skagos seemed important to me after reading A World of Ice and Firse. It mentions the Skagosi use obsidian weapons. Seemed like they might show up and help in a big way late in the books. I don't think the show will go that direction
Gerald Tarrant
I hope Arya bumps into Gendry somehow, and that's what eventually takes her back to being Arya Stark
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
Also, I'm not convinced the hound is dead. Remember he said unless someone comes along I'm dead? I have a feeling someone came along. But will see.

The prevailing theory here is that he's the gravedigger at the Quiet Isles when Brienne and Pod happen upon it in the book, and that at some point he'll be the one who takes out FrankenGregor

I think I saw an article that the Septon from that sequence (Meribald, I think?) was cast, so we may see him again this season
AgLaw02
AG
A certain new actor gave out a major spoiler about that theory in an interview. When the fan base got mad, he said, "What's the big deal? "It's just t!ts and dragons."
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.