***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,839 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Annie, just so you know, there may be spoilers on this thread. There is a separate thread for non-book readers. Even though the show has caught the books, there are still some stories that haven't progressed as far as the books have.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Annie, just so you know, there may be spoilers on this thread, told by fun loving, agreeable people who love GOT. There is a separate thread for non-book readers miserable crybabies who throw a fit about anything their tiny brains can't handle. Even though the show has caught the books, there are still some stories that haven't progressed as far as the books have.
FIFY
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
5 hours a day 530 to 1030, plus the weekend. Not that extreme.

Are you immortal?

Haha I always have the TV on, I may be cooking or whatever, but I can still burn through tv shows pretty fast. Now I might have to rewind every now and then, but I could easily do three or four a night and get a workout in.
MichaelJ
AG
quote:
quote:
Assuming you watched one episode one of those nights and two on another night, that leaves you having to average almost six episodes the other 8 nights.

Yes, I watched 5-6 several times. 51 episodes total. Especially on the two Saturdays where I stayed up later. 1-2 a few times, 3-4 on average on some of the other regular nights.

Like Wednesday, I was on Season 5 episode 2, I watched 3-8 from 6:30 - 1 am. Just one after the other. I did stop to use the bathroom and get something to eat! Last night I watched season 5, episodes 9 & 10 and then season 6 episode 1. Started watching at 6:30, was done by 9:30.

But I'm serious about it messing with my mind a bit, violence-wise in such a short time. I did also find myself laughing at some of the better kills the last season or so, definitely got okay with it and enjoyed some of them getting theirs. It's a dark show at times. Some of the torture was a bit much, especially the flailing. And even though they handled the Sansa rape and beatings off camera it still bothered me knowing what her character was facing. I hope she and Theon gets their revenge on that ****.

I found myself as well, hating a character and then liking them more. I thought what Cersei got was well deserved, didn't feel sorry for her at all, she reaped what she sowed. I eventually did feel sorry for Theon after initially hating what he did. I go back and forth on Jamie too.

I think Tyrion is the smartest character of them all. He's flawed as they all are but such a better, just ruler than most. Same with Jon.

I'm not sure why I never watched, but so glad I finally have. Gonna have to fill the void with another show, maybe Deadwood or Rome, I've heard they're good. But not as many as fast. I just wanted to get through these to see season 6.

In the books. Jaime is totally different than in the show. Essentially he, in my opinion, is setting up to become a "good guy." And I think Martin is taking it to start a love story between Brianne and Jaime

Also. Tyrion in the books and show is easily one of the best most likable shows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No way could you do this with GoT and follow everything.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Well I've read the books, I don't need to.

Although now it is much harder to not be focused on the TV, you are right.
annie88
AG
quote:

Excuse me? Who is this directed at?
annie88
AG
annie88
AG
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
Annie, just so you know, there may be spoilers on this thread. There is a separate thread for non-book readers. Even though the show has caught the books, there are still some stories that haven't progressed as far as the books have.

Thanks. I actually knew some things going in like what happened to Joeffry, the red wedding, Sansa and Jon, Tywinn as well as some others. I had a student worker who loved the show and talked about it often a few years ago and just through media. I hadn't watched then so didn't care. But still didn't ruin it for me. It was still awesome seeing all of these things.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks. I actually knew some things going in like what happened to Joeffry, the red wedding, Sansa and Jon, Tywinn as well as some others. I had a student worker who loved the show and talked about it often a few years ago and just through media. I hadn't watched then so didn't care. But still didn't ruin it for me. It was still awesome seeing all of these things.

Well, if none of that bothered you, then nothing else probably will. Although there is still one big theory that I don't think most TV watchers have picked up on and is probably going to be a big reveal this season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tyrion?
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, if none of that bothered you, then nothing else probably will. Although there is still one big theory that I don't think most TV watchers have picked up on and is probably going to be a big reveal this season.

What the ToJ scene?
The Debt
Annie skip deadwood. It ends with the rising action unfinished. The best part of the show was the opening credits with the chick getting into the tub.

Rome on the other hand is worthy of yor time. It's only 2 seasons. But they are bueno.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Doubt that's what he's talking about, everyone knows about R+L=J.
ellebee
oops wrong thread.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:

I think he is referring to my theory that Devon Sawa will appear to battle Jamie's possessed hand after it kills Seth Green and some other guy who has been in things.
PatAg
AG
quote:
I don't think anyone could know it from just watching the show. Most of the evidence for that is from stuff that is books only so far.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think anyone could know it from just watching the show. Most of the evidence for that is from stuff that is books only so far.
My wife guessed it. But she is slightly smart.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
My wife guessed it. But she is slightly smart.
I am indeed speaking of the R+L=J. If show watchers only know that, then they are either damn smart or they know a book reader and got hints from them (or read about it on the internet).
AgLaw02
AG
Nah. It's been foreshadowed pretty well in the show. I wouldn't have picked up on it, but no doubt some people would.
Silvertaps
AG
I've heard rumor, but haven't confirmed if true, that the writers have met several times with George Martin in getting an idea where he's going with the story as the show has started to close in on the last book. Any truth to that?
SwigAg11
AG
I think the writers have admitted to that.
khaos288
AG
quote:
I've heard rumor, but haven't confirmed if true, that the writers have met several times with George Martin in getting an idea where he's going with the story as the show has started to close in on the last book. Any truth to that?
Yep, there used to be a behind the scenes where they straight up said they know how it ends.

Also, they got picked as the directors bc they correctly guessed Jon Snows lineage.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
But what does R+L=J even mean?
SwigAg11
AG
I would just google that so its not said on the thread.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
That's what I thought. I'm bad with puzzles / riddles
wangus12
AG
quote:
I would just google that so its not said on the thread.
Why? This is the spoilers thread for everyone and its already been mentioned on the thread a couple times.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
But what does R+L=J even mean?
It is a THEORY on Jon Snow's parentage. Chiefly that he wasn't Ned's ba$tard, had with some random woman (which is totally out of Ned's character), but rather the child of Ned's sister (and Robert B's betrothed) Lyanna and Prince Rhaegar Targaryen (who happened to be married to Elia Martell). It implies that Rhaegar didn't kidnap Lyanna, but rather the two hooked up, which messed up a bunch of political marriages and set off the game of thrones.
annie88
AG
quote:
Looking forward to it. If it has to be with Jon, I think I know.

Edit. What Jock said.
annie88
AG
quote:
Annie skip deadwood. It ends with the rising action unfinished. The best part of the show was the opening credits with the chick getting into the tub.

Rome on the other hand is worthy of yor time. It's only 2 seasons. But they are bueno.
Good to know.
TampaBayAg08
AG
Annie--if you got wacky dreams from the show, try reading the books! I've got about 400 pages left of a dance with dragons, I've fallen asleep to Greyjoy chapters and Jon chapters which have given me all sorts of crazy dreams/nightmares. I really should stop reading/falling asleep reading!

And most tv show only watchers I know have had zippy clue on Jon Snow's parentage. They're all convinced he's still Ned Stark's and haven't asked "wonder why we have no clue who his mom is".

I'm rewatching the show and I just got to Jon/Aemon's "kill the boy so the man can be born" convo... Before he said that, Sam was reading a Dany newsletter to Aemon... To which Aemon replied "it's sad when a Targaryen is alone in the world... When her only living relative is thousands of miles away." That vagueness followed by Jon Snow walking in conveniently after that statement should make everyone go hmm...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Reading the episode description is interesting. The released one said Bran trains with the three eyed Raven. But on my tv is says he gets an important vision from the three eyed Raven.

I don't think its the tower of joy tonight. Cuz that's pretty clearly in the next episodes description where it mentions a vision from the past. This may just be a vision that sets the table for that, establishing that his abilities are accurate I think.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My prediction is tonight we get Bran flashing back to something like Ned's beheading, Red Wedding, or maybe a boat-ride-with-Willy-Wonka-style montage of horrifying but real clips from the past that relate to Bran in some way. That way we know he's seeing things that have happened, and maybe he starts pulling at a historical thread that sets him up to go down a rabbit hole to the ToJ next episode.

The thing I'm having a hard time imagining is if Bran is the one to discover that Jon is a result of R + L, how is he going to be able to credibly communicate that to someone that matters. Unless Hodor improves his vocabulary sometime really soon, I don't know how Bran can communicate that ever-important fact outside of incepting them really believably.
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
The thing I'm having a hard time imagining is if Bran is the one to discover that Jon is a result of R + L, how is he going to be able to communicate that to someone that matters. Unless Hodor improves his vocabulary sometime really soon, I don't know how Bran can communicate that ever-important fact outside of incepting them really believably.

I laughed pretty hard at this.
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.