***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,789 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Pretty interesting read
khaos288
AG
quote:
Man, that is long. Dude has way too much time on his hands. Pretty sure he's wrong, too.
It's an awesome write up. I wouldn't mind that ending at all. Of course I still want a Dany+Jon wedding with Tyrion as Hand, with three dragons annihilating wights.
wangus12
AG
That is actually rather impressive. I'd probably be ok with although I doubt that is the direction we are going. I do think we may eventually see Dany show signs of her father's crazy before the show is over.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
LF would know about Roose. That he's a hard man, a womanizer, not overly happy with his feudal lord. He'd know Roose had a ba$tard marrying age. But assuming he knew the fetishes of a minor house's ba$tard is more than a bit of a stretch.
The Boltons are not a "minor house," but we must remember that the North is a "whole other world" to the remainder of the Seven Kingdoms. No one goes up there if they can help it, and they don't pay much attention to the Northerners either.

Remember that the North and the other Kingdoms don't even share a religion or common bloodlines. (The Old Gods are worshiped almost exclusively in the North, and the North is still ruled and peopled by descendants of the First Men rather than the Andals.

The North is a backwater. It is entirely possible that even Littlefinger lacks full information on Roose's byblow.
The Dog Lord
AG
I too would be okay with something like that happening. Even if that particular theory isn't true, I would love to see more revealed about what motivates the Others. It would be great if it wasn't "pure evil and hatred" like that post mentions too. GRRM has definitely discussed that kind of stuff being one of his issues with most fantasy. A truce after initial fighting wouldn't be bad either.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
Found this theory on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/23p48r/the_true_nature_and_purpose_of_the_others_and_the/

Gives a whole new spin on things

I buy this theory. It may also be why there're two more books (roughly 1800 pages) of story left despite things certainly seeming to be wrapping up in both the books and shows. A book pivot to include an Other or WW POV character should also fit with the title of the new book.
redline248
AG
If the walkers built the wall to mark their territory, why is it guarded from the south by men?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
Found this theory on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/23p48r/the_true_nature_and_purpose_of_the_others_and_the/

Gives a whole new spin on things

I buy this theory. It may also be why there're two more books (roughly 1800 pages) of story left despite things certainly seeming to be wrapping up in both the books and shows. A book pivot to include an Other or WW POV character should also fit with the title of the new book.
Honestly I've thought the exact opposite where the characters are at, Victarion, Selmy, and Tyrion are in BF Egypt Essos, Arya is barely a faceless trainee, Sansa is wandering in the Vale, Jon Snow is incommunicado, and the Others aren't even to the wall yet. The only storyline that might be on the down stroke are the Lannisters, but even in KL the Tyrells are tied up and the Sparrows are everywhere. It seems to me that most of the stories are barely past the half waypoint, I'm worried that GRRM won't be able to finish in a satisfactory manner within 2 books when there's so much more story to tell.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
If the walkers built the wall to mark their territory, why is it guarded from the south by men?

It's like trading your kid brother the purple spaces in Monopoly, it isn't any fun if it isn't a challenge.
G Martin 87
AG
The question of how much Littlefinger knew about Ramsay Bolton before arranging Sansa's marriage to him came up in last year's thread, too. For the record, the showrunners said that Littlefinger genuinely did not know anything about Ramsay Bolton's sadistic tendencies. Arguments about whether this is reasonable or good writing will no doubt continue, but officially Littlefinger knew nothing about Ramsay and arranged the marriage anyway.
OnlyForNow
AG
Did the book say that the beings that attacked Bran's party before he got to Tree Beard were skeletons as protrayed in the show or were they wrights?
wangus12
AG
quote:
I'm worried that GRRM won't be able to finish in a satisfactory manner within 2 books when there's so much more story to tell.
Sure he can. There will just have to be less descriptions of meals and possibly less dong
plowboy1065
S
quote:
quote:
I'm worried that GRRM won't be able to finish in a satisfactory manner within 2 books when there's so much more story to tell.
Sure he can. There will just have to be less descriptions of meals and possibly less dong

You can tell that GRRM loves to eat
titanmaster_race
Wights. But, it's kind of the same thing. Some have more skin than others.
OnlyForNow
AG
Well, sure. And in the book were they lying in wait/had buried themselves in the dirt and snow?

Or were they there for a long time and just were roused by the presence of humans?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

This may be their best one yet.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

Of love they're stuff. Honest Trailers & Honest Game Trailers are great.
annie88
AG
Okay. I just watched every episode of Game of Thrones over the past 10 days. Am up to the current. Going to be hard going week to week now. Have a sense of emptiness in a way now.

Can't tell you how much I enjoy this show. The good, the bad and the ugly.

I hope Sansa goes and kicks but on House Bolton. And I can't wait to see a prolonged death for Ramsey (if that's in the cards)

I wish Davos could be King, he has the heart of one.

I hope Jon isn't dead, but we'll see.

So glad to finally be a fan of this show.

annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
Here is what I think (and hope) happens in the North:

Littlefinger takes Winterfell with the army of the Vale. Roose and Fat Walda die, Ramsay is taken prisoner.

Late in the season, Sansa returns to Winterfell, hopefully with Jon and an army of wildlings.

Sansa reveals the truth that LF killed Lady Arryn, LF is executed, and the Vale rallies around Sansa as rightful Wardeness (Queen?) of the North.

Sansa lets Theon kill Ramsay, then sends an army to the Twins to wipe out Walder Frey.

Thoughts? The Starks have been **** on for 5 years, it's about time things take a turn here.
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some sustained success for the Starks, they have had a rough go of it throughout the entire show
I like all of this.
annie88
AG
quote:
I believe 100% that Littlefinger knew exactly what he was getting Sansa into
me too, which pisses me off.
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of love they're stuff. Honest Trailers & Honest Game Trailers are great.
Oh my God that was funny.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Okay. I just watched every episode of Game of Thrones over the past 10 days. Am up to the current. Going to be hard going week to week now. Have a sense of emptiness in a way now.

Wow. I watched all of Season 1 in about 18 hours, but I can't imagine doing that every day for a week.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

Wow. I watched all of Season 1 in about 18 hours, but I can't imagine doing that every day for a week.
50 episodes over 10 days is 5 per day....thats not that extreme.

while unemployed i did that easily with Sopranos through season 3 (thats 39 episodes at 13 per season) getting ready for season 4....note this was not streaming i actually had to play DVDs i got from the library (free entertainment).

My wife though was disgusted with me...I was "looking for a job" but she would leave and i was watching Sopranos and when she came home I was watching Sopranos.....yeah well after a point you can send resumes out to new listings in like an hour each day. Anyway I caught up on Sopranos and got a job soon so it worked out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How did you manage to watch 50 hours of television in 10 days? Do you work?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
5 hours a day 530 to 1030, plus the weekend. Not that extreme.
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Are you immortal?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Easier said than done. I just rewatched everything over the course of about a month and that was tough enough.

5 hours a day leave you literally no time to do anything else with your day.
bangobango
AG
quote:

We have different definitions of extreme.
jenn96
AG
quote:

Sometimes I miss not having kids.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Sometimes I miss not having kids.
Ain't it the truth? I am lucky to find two hours per week to watch GoT and Walking Dead on the DVR after putting the girls to bed. I don't recall the last time that I watched either program as it was originally broadcast.
annie88
AG

quote:

quote:
How did you manage to watch 50 hours of television in 10 days? Do you work?

I work full-time, attended three baseball games watched four more on watchESPN, watched a few other shows I'd taped, saw Tony Bennett perform and went to church, twice.

Now I'm not married or have kids, though.

It's wasn't that hard.

Each episode are about 50 minutes. About 10 extra on finales. I could watch three in less than 3 hours.

Some nights I watched 1 or 2, others 5 or 6. Two nights I was up until about 2 am, but not most.

I did take a break last Friday in that I got home from the baseball game and intended to watch one. But then I was like. I think I'll take a violence break! Love the show, but that much torture and violence in such a short time frame got to me a bit. And my dreams were nuts. I even started thinking if anyone made me mad I'll just pull out my sword ... oh wait.

I started on Saturday 4/16 and finished Thursday 4/28. Although it was technically 13 days, there were three nights I didn't watch them at all.

I also fell asleep during a few and had to backtrack some to go to where I remembered.

But, I really enjoyed it. Fantastic show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Assuming you watched one episode one of those nights and two on another night, that leaves you having to average almost six episodes the other 8 nights.

Farmer1906
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
finished 35 episodes in 4 12 hour night shifts when i put in my two weeks at my old job.

basically just had to answer phones and they wouldnt let me trade or do anything else.

i wasnt right after that for a few days
annie88
AG
quote:
Assuming you watched one episode one of those nights and two on another night, that leaves you having to average almost six episodes the other 8 nights.

Yes, I watched 5-6 several times. 51 episodes total. Especially on the two Saturdays where I stayed up later. 1-2 a few times, 3-4 on average on some of the other regular nights.

Like Wednesday, I was on Season 5 episode 2, I watched 3-8 from 6:30 - 1 am. Just one after the other. I did stop to use the bathroom and get something to eat! Last night I watched season 5, episodes 9 & 10 and then season 6 episode 1. Started watching at 6:30, was done by 9:30.

But I'm serious about it messing with my mind a bit, violence-wise in such a short time. I did also find myself laughing at some of the better kills the last season or so, definitely got okay with it and enjoyed some of them getting theirs. It's a dark show at times. Some of the torture was a bit much, especially the flailing. And even though they handled the Sansa rape and beatings off camera it still bothered me knowing what her character was facing. I hope she and Theon gets their revenge on that ****.

I found myself as well, hating a character and then liking them more. I thought what Cersei got was well deserved, didn't feel sorry for her at all, she reaped what she sowed. I eventually did feel sorry for Theon after initially hating what he did. I go back and forth on Jamie too.

I think Tyrion is the smartest character of them all. He's flawed as they all are but such a better, just ruler than most. Same with Jon.

I'm not sure why I never watched, but so glad I finally have. Gonna have to fill the void with another show, maybe Deadwood or Rome, I've heard they're good. But not as many as fast. I just wanted to get through these to see season 6.
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.