***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,608 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
InternetFan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't the next move for Dorne to form an alliance with Highgarden against the Lannisters? It will be difficult to maneuver around Margaery, but they can just kill Tommen and marry her for the 4th time. And marry Loras to one of the sand snakes - the masculine one.

Dorne/Highgarden take King's Landing - kill Tommen, keep the throne warm for Danyreus.
lne2011
AG
Except Dorne and Highgarden have a long history of hating each other and fighting numerous wars against each other.
khaos288
AG
quote:
True, but I think Highgarden was only involved in the fighting at Kings Landing when they routed Stannis' forces. So from a numbers stand point I think they have the most.

But you are right, the Vale would be the hardest to conquer simply because of the Bloody Gates.
Yeah, HighGarden may not have lost many people in that battle, but they certainly took SOME causalities. Not to mention even Ollena mentions that war is expensive because they have been keeping kings landing fed for so long. So their supply stores have to be hurting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here is what I think (and hope) happens in the North:

Littlefinger takes Winterfell with the army of the Vale. Roose and Fat Walda die, Ramsay is taken prisoner.

Late in the season, Sansa returns to Winterfell, hopefully with Jon and an army of wildlings.

Sansa reveals the truth that LF killed Lady Arryn, LF is executed, and the Vale rallies around Sansa as rightful Wardeness (Queen?) of the North.

Sansa lets Theon kill Ramsay, then sends an army to the Twins to wipe out Walder Frey.

Thoughts? The Starks have been **** on for 5 years, it's about time things take a turn here.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
Except Dorne and Highgarden have a long history of hating each other and fighting numerous wars against each other.
dorne hates everybody. They did fight on the same side as Highgarden in Roberts rebellion. They both want to destroy the Lannisters
gougler08
AG
quote:
Here is what I think (and hope) happens in the North:

Littlefinger takes Winterfell with the army of the Vale. Roose and Fat Walda die, Ramsay is taken prisoner.

Late in the season, Sansa returns to Winterfell, hopefully with Jon and an army of wildlings.

Sansa reveals the truth that LF killed Lady Arryn, LF is executed, and the Vale rallies around Sansa as rightful Wardeness (Queen?) of the North.

Sansa lets Theon kill Ramsay, then sends an army to the Twins to wipe out Walder Frey.

Thoughts? The Starks have been **** on for 5 years, it's about time things take a turn here.
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some sustained success for the Starks, they have had a rough go of it throughout the entire show
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
Isn't Grey Worm already dead?
pretty sure he survived the ambush that killed Ser Barristan

Ah ok, I thought they got him as well.
bangobango
AG
I don't think Sansa would rat out LF. I think she sees him as an ally, and I think LF actually cares for her, in a weird way. I'm curious to see how he reacts when he finds out what Sansa has been subjected to by her husband.
wangus12
AG
MichaelJ
AG
quote:
I don't think Sansa would rat out LF. I think she sees him as an ally, and I think LF actually cares for her, in a weird way. I'm curious to see how he reacts when he finds out what Sansa has been subjected to by her husband.

Of course he cares for her. He wants to bang her because he never got to bang her mom
titanmaster_race
quote:

Do you really think he had no idea what was going to happen to her when he pushed her into marrying ramsay?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Do you really think he had no idea what was going to happen to her when he pushed her into marrying ramsay?

Yes, I think he had no idea. This was supposed to be a standard political marriage. And no one outside of House Bolton had any clue about Roose's ba$tard, nor should they have.

He probably knew she'd be marrying a hard man, as was the Bolton reputation. But he no clue he was a sadistic psychopath.
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:

Yes, I think he had no idea. This was supposed to be a standard political marriage. And no one outside of House Bolton had any clue about Roose's ba$tard, nor should they have.

He probably knew she'd be marrying a hard man, as was the Bolton reputation. But he no clue he was a sadistic psychopath.

We're talking about the cleverest, most well informed person in Westeros. Of course he knew.

Hope I'm not coming across as a know-it-all ****; I'm not trying to be. But this is not at all in line with Littlefinger's character.
lne2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

We're talking about the cleverest, most well informed person in Westeros. Of course he knew.

Hope I'm not coming across as a know-it-all ****; I'm not trying to be. But this is not at all in line with Littlefinger's character.
Well, I would say Varys is the most well informed person (recently) in Westeros.
InternetFan02
AG
A better question is would Littlefinger have arranged the marriage anyway if he fully knew what Ramsay is capable of? I say yes - His quest for power outweighs his love for Sansa
redline248
AG
I believe 100% that Littlefinger knew exactly what he was getting Sansa into
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
So, thinking about the books for a minute...what do we think is going to happen to Theon or Sansa, given what we've seen in the show?

Theon: Captured by Stannis, who is snowed in trying to take the north, vs helping Sansa and Brienne presumably get to Castle Black

Sansa: In the Vale with Littlefinger, probably on her way to marry some lord vs in the North with Theon/Brienne, presumably headed to Castle Black
Ol Jock 99
AG
LF would know about Roose. That he's a hard man, a womanizer, not overly happy with his feudal lord. He'd know Roose had a ba$tard marrying age. But assuming he knew the fetishes of a minor house's ba$tard is more than a bit of a stretch.
The Dog Lord
AG
In the show he admitted he had heard very little of Ramsay, which he admits is odd considering he knows quite a lot. That could have been a lie, but it seemed genuine.

I think that everyone, including Roose, hoped Ramsay would show some restraint since they so desperately need Sansa to help hold the north. Roose even discussed this issue somewhat in the first episode.

I do agree that LF probably would have done it anyway had he really known what would likely happen to her. He doesn't want her dead by any means, but a mistreated Sansa might be an even better motivator to the Knights of the Vale and those in the north still loyal to the Starks.
PatAg
AG
quote:

Ghost needs to rip Olly's gut open and slowly eat his intestines while he watches ....

That is a traitor's death....

Wow...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Right?

Way too easy.
PatAg
AG
quote:
In the show he admitted he had heard very little of Ramsay, which he admits is odd considering he knows quite a lot. That could have been a lie, but it seemed genuine.

I think that everyone, including Roose, hoped Ramsay would show some restraint since they so desperately need Sansa to help hold the north. Roose even discussed this issue somewhat in the first episode.

I do agree that LF probably would have done it anyway had he really known what would likely happen to her. He doesn't want her dead by any means, but a mistreated Sansa might be an even better motivator to the Knights of the Vale and those in the north still loyal to the Starks.
I just think its a little naive to assume Littlefinger didn't know exactly what he was sending Sansa too. He probably hoped Roose Bolton would be able to keep him in line, which is maybe more along the lines of what some of you are trying to say.
Greeze06
AG
Did Ramsey bang Sans. Don't recall.
lne2011
AG
quote:
Yeah... If that's what you want to call it.
gougler08
AG
quote:
I think rape is the term you're looking for
Stive
AG
quote:

Raped her and made Theon watch.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So I kind of went off on a tangent thinking to myself, so I apologize for getting a little political here, but do you think this story, this world, would be as nearly as interesting if it had any other form of government than the one that is in place? Instead of feudalism, what if Westeros was ruled democratically? Or through communism? I don't think it would be. I'm glad that the story is set up this way, but it is crazy to think that at one time, the real world thought this was the best form of government.
Greeze06
AG
Oh yeah now I remember.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

I just think its a little naive to assume Littlefinger didn't know exactly what he was sending Sansa too. He probably hoped Roose Bolton would be able to keep him in line, which is maybe more along the lines of what some of you are trying to say.

That's mostly what I was trying to say, although I just don't know what he would be getting at by telling Ramsay he knew nothing about him. Maybe so he could act like he didn't know if he indeed did treat her poorly?
bangobango
AG
He flat out said he didn't know anything about him. Maybe he was lying, but I don't think so. I think it is a little silly to think LF knows everything about everyone.
redline248
AG
quote:
He flat out said he didn't know anything about him. Maybe he was lying, but I don't think so. I think it is a little silly to think LF knows everything about everyone.

Show Littlefinger < book Littlefinger
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
quote:

Show Littlefinger < book Littlefinger

On that note... Good lord I spend more time trying to remember where the characters really are according to the books compared to where they are in the show than can possibly be healthy.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Found this theory on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/23p48r/the_true_nature_and_purpose_of_the_others_and_the/

Gives a whole new spin on things
redline248
AG
Man, that is long. Dude has way too much time on his hands. Pretty sure he's wrong, too.
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.