***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,774 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
AggieSouth06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
The Season 6 premier adds to my thought that the series' apex was 'Hardhome.' This Dorne tangent only added sexual innuendo to keep some 'viewers' attention and little else.

That was 2 episodes ago. Let's relax here...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
The Season 6 premier adds to my thought that the series' apex was 'Hardhome.' This Dorne tangent only added sexual innuendo to keep some 'viewers' attention and little else.

4 but who's counting? or 3 if you mean prior to this one.

season 5
8 - Hardhome
9 - The Dance of Dragons
10 - Mother's Mercy

season 6
1 - The Red Woman

khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

4 but who's counting? or 3 if you mean prior to this one.

season 5
8 - Hardhome
9 - The Dance of Dragons
10 - Mother's Mercy

season 6
1 - The Red Woman

The inevitable battle between dragons and white walkers should be better than hardhome
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
agreed
khaos288
AG
quote:
agreed
How am I supposed to argue with this! haha
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is there any chance whatsoever that dragon fire doesn't kill the WW?
RDV-1992
quote:
Is there any chance whatsoever that dragon fire doesn't kill the WW?
I think that dragon fire would kill white walkers, even though we haven't seen that in the show. Regular fire kills the wrights. And obsidian & valyrian (sp?) steel kill the white walkers. Both of those are associated with fire in the books.

Plus the dragons fire melts stone. That's pretty hot...
CapCityAg89
AG
Y'all act like they knew Dorne would suck before they did it. They knew they needed some aspect of the Dorne story for the core narrative. They were probably just trying to get to a point in the timeline (in WOW likely), wrote out the characters Martin used to get there, and unfortunately bad writing, bad directing and/or bad acting (excellent boobs aside) got us last season.

I actually felt like this episode was a pivot and they are opting to get to that future point with much less Dorne because they recognized that it sucked. If I had to guess, the original show vision had more Doran machinations, when they decided to de-emphasize Dorne, he was expendable earlier than he will be in the books (as Selby was in Essos).
redline248
AG
Well, there's always a chance

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting post I saw on the GoT subreddit:

"War of the Five Queens"
Targaryen - Daenerys
Lannister - Cersei
Stark - Sansa
Tyrell - Olenna
Martell - Ellaria Sand
Ol Jock 99
AG
Targaryen - Daenerys
If she can rally the unsullied, freed slaves, and dothraki, with 3 dragons and Tyrion, look out. IF.

Lannister - Cersei
Biggest power player in the west...but how's the money looking? Also have the Greyjoy threat.

Stark - Sansa
Can rally the north, riverlands, and eyre, but the 2 of those are badly bloodiest. Plus you have our White friends coming down.

Tyrell - Olenna
Not sure how much military power they can muster. Also have the Greyjoy threat.

Martell - Ellaria Sand
Those crazy *****es? No way.

Edit: Not to mention, as has been alluded to numerous times by those in the know, the real war isn't for the Iron Throne. It is against the WW.
InternetFan02
AG
latest gambling odds from Bovada

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/story/odds-are-out-on-who-is-next-to-go-in-game-of-thrones-042716

Which character will perish next?
Jorah Mormont 4/1
Alliser Thorne 15/2
Ramsay Snow 8/1
Sansa Stark 8/1
Theon Greyjoy 8/1
Podrick Payne 10/1
Brienne of Tarth 11/1
Daario Naharis 18/1
Grey Worm 18/1
High Sparrow 18/1
Ellaria Sand 22/1
Jaime Lannister 25/1
Loras Tyrell 25/1
Margaery Tyrell 25/1
Tommen Baratheon 25/1
Drogon 30/1
Lady Melisandre 30/1
Missandei 30/1
Olenna Tyrell 30/1
Lord Varys 33/1
Bronn 40/1
Petyr Baelish 40/1
Arya Stark 50/1
Cersei Lannister 50/1
Davos 50/1
Samwell Tarly 50/1
Tyrion Lannister 50/1
Daenerys Targaryen 75/1
Jaquen H'ghar 75/1

------ (Where's Lancel Lannister??? Zombie Mountain has to killl someone soon, right?)

When will Arya Stark regain her sight in Season 6?
Episode 2 10/1
Episode 3 5/1
Episode 4 5/1
Episode 5 3/1
Episode 6 2/1
Episode 7-10 7/4

Who will be the ruling King or Queen of Westeros at the end of the series?
Jon Snow 5/2
Daenerys Targaryen 3/1
Aegon VI Targaryen 6/1
Tyrion Lannister 7/1
Petyr Baelish 15/2
Bran or Rickon Stark 16/1
Margaery Tyrell 18/1
Sansa Stark 20/1
Varys 20/1
Euron Greyjoy 25/1
Night's King 30/1
Stannis Baratheon 33/1
Arya Stark 50/1
Cersei Lannister 50/1
Ramsay Bolton (Snow) 66/1
Hodor 500/1
MichaelJ
AG
It's entirely possible and probably this story doesn't have a happy ending and the white walkers conquer all
Icecream_Ag
S
Thorne
Episode 4
Margaery and Sansa
titanmaster_race
Thorne is going down soon for sure.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:

Stannis Baratheon 33/1
Someone at Bovada isn't paying attention.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So who kills who this season?

What I'd most like to see:
Frankenmountain kills the two Sand Snakes, preferably with his bare hands
Ghost rips apart Thorne
Theon kills Ramsay
Jon kills Roose
Sansa kills Littlefinger
Brienne kills White Walkers
Davos kills Olly
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be fair he could be brought back. Not that I think he will.
MichaelJ
AG
quote:
quote:

Stannis Baratheon 33/1
Someone at Bovada isn't paying attention.

Does bovada stipulate that it's only talking about the tv show for all these bets?

Because in the books he is alive and well and in a previewed chapter for wow he has captured theon
Icecream_Ag
S
pretty sure those are based on the books and not the tv show as Aegon hasnt been introduced on the show
Mathguy64
AG
While I haven't read any of the books, I think I'm safe saying if they croaked him on the show in that very public way, there is absolutely no chance he takes the title in the books.
redbaron788
AG
Hound kills unGregor
Gangnam Style
AG
quote:
Hound kills unGregor
*AIRHORNS BLARING*
wangus12
AG
quote:
Davos kills Olly
I'd rather Jon take Olly up to the top of the wall, discussing the finer points of being a crow, only to hold him out over the ledge. Drop him saying, "For the Watch"
titanmaster_race
quote:
While I haven't read any of the books, I think I'm safe saying if they croaked him on the show in that very public way, there is absolutely no chance he takes the title in the books.

You mean the very public way that did not, in fact, show him dying?
Joe Cole
Mel looked very beat down and resigned to knowing her end was near, maybe because she will have to sacrifice herself bring back dirty dead Jon Snow? Glamour as Jon Snow is also possible. I don't know, to me Mel just looked defeated after seeing all a lot of what she believed in crumble so quickly.

Only death can pay for life

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Isn't Grey Worm already dead?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
quote:
Davos kills Olly
I'd rather Jon take Olly up to the top of the wall, discussing the finer points of being a crow, only to hold him out over the ledge. Drop him saying, "For the Watch"

You know everyone seems to have big problem with Olly, but the kid had his entire family killed by wildlings, and he was in the Night's Watch to protect the kingdom from the wildlings/walkers. I don't see it as that unreasonable for him to help take out Jon. Sure, he acted kind of like a ****** about it, and the right thing to do would have been to arrest Jon and try him. But I think everyone should place their hate in Thorne more than Olly. You know Thorne killed snow purely because he didn't like him and would benefit from it. What would you do as a kid if someone was helping people that slaughtered your family?

Also, if Jon does kill Olly then that plays right into what Olly thought of Jon, a traitor. If he lets him live then he has the chance to show them he was right in his actions
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
pretty sure he survived the ambush that killed Ser Barristan
gougler08
AG
quote:
I don't think so, he was in Episode 9 or 10 of Season 5 and stayed behind with Tyrion to run Meereen
JJxvi
AG
Grey Worm is alive. He was in the last episode of the last season when they were deciding who should stay and rule Mereen and who would go look for the Khaleesi.
lne2011
AG
Highgarden /The Reach is the most populated region in the Seven Kingdoms and probably has the largest army because of it. Olenna mentioned to Cersei last season about how much food, money and men Highgarden is providing to Kings Landing right now.

If all out war were to break out, they would be the strongest army currently in Westeros. But they would have to fight Dorne to the south and the Lannisters to their north.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Highgarden /The Reach is the most populated region in the Seven Kingdoms and probably has the largest army because of it. Olenna mentioned to Cersei last season about how much food, money and men Highgarden is providing to Kings Landing right now.

If all out war were to break out, they would be the strongest army currently in Westeros. But they would have to fight Dorne to the south and the Lannisters to their north.
Highgarden would have the second or third (Maybe Dorne) most powerful army in Westeros. The real current power is still the knights/army of the Vale. They have zero depletion in supply and men over the war of the 5 kings, and the following onslaught. Not to mention they have the most defensible castles surrounding the eyrie
lne2011
AG
True, but I think Highgarden was only involved in the fighting at Kings Landing when they routed Stannis' forces. So from a numbers stand point I think they have the most.

But you are right, the Vale would be the hardest to conquer simply because of the Bloody Gates.
ja86
AG

Ghost needs to rip Olly's gut open and slowly eat his intestines while he watches ....

That is a traitor's death....
First Page Last Page
Page 31 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.