***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,316 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In an exclusive interview with Variety, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss said they are weighing wrapping up the Emmy-winning saga of Westeros and the battle for the Iron Throne with just 13 more episodes once this sixth season is over: seven episodes for season 7; six for the eighth and potential final season.

"I think we're down to our final 13 episodes after this season. We're heading into the final lap," said Benioff.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Haven't the other seasons all been 10 shows?
titanmaster_race
quote:
In an exclusive interview with Variety, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss said they are weighing wrapping up the Emmy-winning saga of Westeros and the battle for the Iron Throne with just 13 more episodes once this sixth season is over: seven episodes for season 7; six for the eighth and potential final season.

"I think we're down to our final 13 episodes after this season. We're heading into the final lap," said Benioff.

That's f'ng BS. If there are only 13 episodes left it should be one extended season, not two shortened seasons.
wangus12
AG
Too much money to be made like Breaking Bad and Madmen. Draw this **** out. Stupid as hell. There is still plenty that can happen for there to be 2 10-episode seasons left. Hell, there are still damn books to be published
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I know we'd all rather have full 10 episode seasons at the very least, but think about how this show is produced in the first place. There is basically no downtime between seasons for the people writing, organizing, shooting, and producing the show overall, and D&D.B. have said before they'd love to do 13 episode seasons if it were doable. Unless you want to wait a year and a half between seasons, it's not realistic.

However, with two halves of an extended season showing across two years, I would imagine it would give the directors more time and money to put into fewer, likely action/dragon-packed episodes. I know it sucks to have them split up like that, but there could at least be an upside in the quality of show they put out (not that it's not about the finest thing on TV right now anyway).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Also keeps subscribers locked in for 2 years.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Why? You can add/drop HBO at will. I used to add it the week before the season started and dropped it the week after it ended.

most people are lazy.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why? You can add/drop HBO at will. I used to add it the week before the season started and dropped it the week after it ended.

most people are lazy.

Don't talk about me like I'm not standing right here.
AgLaw
AG
Help me out with a question on royal succession:

If (when) Tommen dies, who is next in line?
- He has no children
- he has no younger sibling
- He has no Baratheon uncles (presuming Stannis is dead)

Who is next?
AgLaw02
AG
Good question. This article discusses the strengths of different characters' claim to the throne. http://www.bustle.com/articles/109836-who-will-be-king-on-game-of-thrones-if-tommen-dies-season-6-could-have-a
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Good Question...

If it backs up to the offspring of Aerys II: Jon (R+L=J), Dany, or Tyrion (if Aerys took Joanna Lannister)

Perhaps, it backs up to Cersei as queen regent, but Jaime obviously can't be King, they council won't out a woman as ruler, so it goes to Tyrion (again) who is technically married to Sansa Stark...

Maybe Margery will be impregnated soon, and she becomes queen regent.

In the past a council of Lords has selected a king if I remember correctly from A History of Westeros? Maybe that was the First Men or the Andals though.

Or as with all decisions regarding crowns and thrones: Might makes Right so the strongest obtains the crown. My bet is on the person with the dragons.

Of course King Robert had that ******* Gendry Storm who might have a claim as well but who knew besides Ned and perhaps Varys?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Help me out with a question on royal succession:

If (when) Tommen dies, who is next in line?
- He has no children
- he has no younger sibling
- He has no Baratheon uncles (presuming Stannis is dead)

Who is next?
You would go back up the Baratheon line. Robert's brothers are the first eligible, and (as you note) they all dead. The next group would be their children, but the show killed the only legitimate child of his two brothers. Thus, you would go back another generation of Baratheons. I don't know whether we have even met any of them.

Spreadsheet mentioned several Lannisters. None of them are in the line of succession. He also mentions Gendry. Basterds are not in the line of succession.

If Tommen managed to knock-up Margery, none of that would matter.
AgLaw02
AG
Tommen's closest thing to an heir is Danny (& Jon), believe it or not. If he dies without issue, you look to his father's descendants (Tommen's siblings). They are all dead. Then you look to his grandfather's descendants (Stannis & Renly) who are also dead, as are their kids. Keep going up, and you eventually get to Tommen's great grandmother, Rhaelle Targaryen. Rhaelle was the sister of King Jaehaerys II, who was the father of King Aerys II (aka The Mad King), who was the father of Daenerys. Assuming R+L=J, Jon has an even stronger claim. Young Griff fits in there too, but the show has left him out so far.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgLaw
AG
quote:
Tommen's closest thing to an heir is Danny (& Jon), believe it or not. If he dies without issue, you look to his father's descendants (Tommen's siblings). They are all dead. Then you look to his grandfather's descendants (Stannis & Renly) who are also dead, as are their kids. Keep going up, and you eventually get to Tommen's great grandmother, Rhaelle Targaryen. Rhaelle was the sister of King Jaehaerys II, who was the father of King Aerys II (aka The Mad King), who was the father of Daenerys. Assuming R+L=J, Jon has an even stronger claim. Young Griff fits in there too, but the show has left him out so far.

Interesting. So we would have legitimate claims to the throne by both fire and ice.
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:

Interesting. So we would have legitimate claims to the throne by both fire and ice.

We???? I didn't know we had a ****ing Lannister in this thread!!
AgLaw
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
Good Question...

If it backs up to the offspring of Aerys II: Jon (R+L=J), Dany, or Tyrion (if Aerys took Joanna Lannister)

Perhaps, it backs up to Cersei as queen regent, but Jaime obviously can't be King, they council won't out a woman as ruler, so it goes to Tyrion (again) who is technically married to Sansa Stark...

Maybe Margery will be impregnated soon, and she becomes queen regent.

In the past a council of Lords has selected a king if I remember correctly from A History of Westeros? Maybe that was the First Men or the Andals though.

Or as with all decisions regarding crowns and thrones: Might makes Right so the strongest obtains the crown. My bet is on the person with the dragons.

Of course King Robert had that ******* Gendry Storm who might have a claim as well but who knew besides Ned and perhaps Varys?
Gendry is still rowing. He won't be the king
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Tommen has no claim to the throne. If he dies that will quickly be revealed.

So, if HBO Tommen dies, his successor will be chosen by a Great Council and the Iron Bank. I'm guessing they invite the last known Targaryen to rule Westeros. The only reason they don't split back into 7 kingdoms is the Iron Bank.
AgLaw02
AG
Lannister/Baratheon power is at an all-time low. The North has been chaos since Winterfell fell, and we're probably going to see a lot more killing there soon. Dorne and Highgarden don't have the influence to unite the 7 kingdoms. The Vale (Baelish) is strong, but they will either continue to sit on the sidelines or over exert themselves like everyone else. Everyone is going to starve as soon as winter comes. If Jon or Danny tried to take the throne they may meet minimal resistance. Of course, neither Jon nor Danny seems particularly interested.

And that's a good thing. Hardholm showed us that the real war is against the Others. Unfortunately, only Jon (dead), Stannis (dead), and R'hllor (god of burning people alive) seem to get that. The petty squabbling over the throne is a distraction. I predict the iron throne itself is destroyed in the end.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Danny seems particularly interested.
What. All she talks about is sitting on the Iron Throne
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly.

She wanted to rule Mereen in preparation for Westeros.

Here's hoping getting taken by the Dothraki helps her build a larger army and she can get her ass moving to Westeros by the end of the season.
AgLaw02
AG
You're right. I should have said she isn't in any hurry.
titanmaster_race
6 days!

This time next week this thread will be blowing up with:

"I CAN'T BELIEVE JON SNOW IS STILL DEAD!@#(%!(@$&!@*&$%!(@%(!@"
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
6 days!

This time next week this thread will be blowing up with:

"I CAN'T BELIEVE JON SNOW IS STILL DEAD!@#(%!(@$&!@*&$%!(@%(!@"

patience.
Deputy Travis Junior
You passed the Westeros bar exam too?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Haven't passed the bar yet, but I went to Vale Law School
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
Haven't passed the bar yet, but I went to Vale Law School

Weak. Vale School of Law is just a safety school for those who don't get to forge their law link at the citadel.
JAggie2007
AG
quote:

Gendry finally makes his return?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's a joke.
redbaron788
AG
So I've been thinking, the end of the season has to usher in the Wall coming down or at least being breached right? We've known the white walkers are a threat since the opening scene of the series and they've amassed a huge army of the undead. Isn't it about time for them to be getting to know the wider world of Westeros?

Also during a rewatch, it occurred to me that the Citadel has to know that joffrey, myrcella, and tommen aren't really Robert's children. If Jon Arryn can figure it out after 15 years, some maester has to have figured it out long before even if Pycelle hasn't told them. They just didn't see a good reason to tell Robert just so he could put the realm through another war
AgLaw
AG
quote:
Also during a rewatch, it occurred to me that the Citadel has to know that joffrey, myrcella, and tommen aren't really Robert's children. If Jon Arryn can figure it out after 15 years, some maester has to have figured it out long before even if Pycelle hasn't told them. They just didn't see a good reason to tell Robert just so he could put the realm through another war

Two thoughts:
1. I suspect Pycelle knows, but he's corrupt.
2. They may not care
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.