***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,820 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
ham98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is winter still on the way? The earlier books made winter seem like it pretty much covers everywhere besides Dorne in Westeros.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Really looking forward to the shot-by-shot breakdown articles/videos of that one. 13 days away still feels so far...
wangus12
AG
Looks like Dany's tits might be coming out again even though she said they wouldn't
titanmaster_race
Lord Commander Onion Knight
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bolton army is fighting who?

Wildling army led by Jon?

Night's Watch led by Ser Davos?

Army of the Vale led by Robin?
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
AG
Arya may be leaving the House of Black & White well before her training is complete
redbaron788
AG
Sansa wearing a Stark direwolf with loyal Northmen?

Is that Pycelle's shadow being stabbed by a small figure in front of the Iron Throne?

I was stupidly wrong about Loras leading the Tyrell forces. Instead, we get fat Mace! Can't believe I forgot he got locked up too.

Is Davos on Bear Island?

Ser Robert Strong? looking like he's gonna rip someone's head clean off

Are there Northmen fighting with the wildlings against the Bolton's?

Bronn says hello to Pod

Wun Wun smashing the gate out of Castle Black
cone
AG
tower of joy

wangus12
AG
Words cannot express how much I'm looking forward to that scene
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
Sansa wearing a Stark direwolf with loyal Northmen?

Is that Pycelle's shadow being stabbed by a small figure in front of the Iron Throne?

I was stupidly wrong about Loras leading the Tyrell forces. Instead, we get fat Mace! Can't believe I forgot he got locked up too.

Is Davos on Bear Island?

Ser Robert Strong? looking like he's gonna rip someone's head clean off

Are there Northmen fighting with the wildlings against the Bolton's?

Bronn says hello to Pod

Wun Wun smashing the gate out of Castle Black
More...

at the 0.10 mark, the Hightower?

at the 0.41 mark, Ramsey is cleaning a bloody knife in a very nice bedroom. Not his bedroom.

at the 0.51 mark, who is this girl with Theon (edit-never mind that is Loras)? They are also at the 1.30 mark with his face visible.

at the 0.56 mark, this lady might be one of Melisandre's sorority sisters

at the 1.23 mark, Bloodraven sees something troubling at the TOJ?

None of those Sansa scenes look like scared victim Sansa or stupid Sansa.

wangus12
AG
quote:
at the 0.41 mark, Ramsey is cleaning a bloody knife in a very nice bedroom. Not his bedroom.
Also a scene with the Frey's right after.
titanmaster_race
redbaron788
AG
I thought it was the great pyramid of Mereen from a weird angle.

And it looked like Margaery visiting Loras not Theon
ChipFTAC01
AG
Shot by shot break down of the trailer

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/11/breaking-down-the-second-game-of-thrones-season-6-trailer/
Ol Jock 99
AG
That site is unusual on mobile.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Yeah I can't get through two of the slides before redirecting to an ad
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sorry, I have the app installed and it works great. I copied the link from the app.
Greeze06
AG
That's what I do. I drink and I know things
AgLaw02
AG
Tyrion is the human embodiment of TexAgs: Drunk, physically inept, and he knows stuff.
Idk3
AG
Ok who is getting stabbed and doing the stabbing in that pic above?
ChipFTAC01
AG
One of Rhaegar's Kingsguards is stabbing one of Ned's buddies?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I may be mixing up my ASOIAF lore but isn't it Arthur Dayne? I know it's a legendary swordsman who's been referred to many times in the books. Doing the authentic conversation thing (aka laziness) and not googling this.
wangus12
AG
It one of three. Arthur Dayne, Oswell Whent or Gerold Hightower (Lord Commander of the Kingsguard). Dayne was the all around badass who carried the sword Dawn. I don't think that's him in the picture since Dawn was a greatsword like Ice, needing 2 hands to wield it.
Greeze06
AG
Darkstar has Dawn now?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
the guy playing sir davos just did the talk show rounds.....i think he is doomed.

How stupid are you going to feel if Jon Snow doesn't come back to life?

watch this video and tell me this story isn't about Jon and specifically his parentage in a large part. Nearly everything else is sort of window dressing or distractions for the real story.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/12/02/supercut-proves-game-of-thrones-hasnt-been-ignoring-rlj/

in it so many people talk about Jon's parentage and or Rhaegar and Lyanna....more so than any other back story or side story or any other characters heritage....in virtually every other setting and plotline it comes up.....

Brandon Strak
Oberyn Martell
Littlefinger
Sansa Stark
Robert Baratheon
Eddard Stark
Catelyn Stark
Robb Stark
Aemon Targaryen
The Spider
Cersei Lannister
Barristan Selmy
Jorah Mormont
Daenerys Targaryen
Benjen Stark
Jaime Lannister
Samwell Tarly

It's been an underlying theme and plot the entire time. You think all of this has been just a misdirection?

Other "major" clues as I consider them which were in that video and their context.....

Jon asks his father Eddard about his mother. If it is an easy simple story it could be told in a brief sentence or two. Especially if it is as has been told, just a random wench. But Eddard tells him "The next time we see each other, we'll talk about your mother. I promise.". Implying it's a long story. Of course, as fate (the narrative) would have it they never speak again.

Maester Aemon gives a speech to Jon about honor and family or those he loves. He asks him was Eddard would do if he had to choose and jon says "he would do what is right, no matter what". Which is correct. Eddard would choose family and doing the right thing even if it dishonored himself. Everyone considered Eddard having a ******* to be the ultimate humiliation for a man of such virtue, but he was willing to sacrifice that....for blood. Not just a ******* though. Royal blood.

Lastly how can this story be about anything else but Jon and Jon's parentage when George Martin considered the answer to the question of who Jon's mother was of such importance that his decision to allow Benioff and Weiss to take the series adaptation hinged on the answer to that question.

Actually he nodded, he never said they were right. But still.....I have no doubt and have never had any doubt that this story is about primarily 2 people (and possibly a 3rd).....Dany (Fire) and Jon (Ice).

If Jon was dead and never coming back....what a waste of time a lot of this would have been. It's not just convenient because we like this character. Plenty of characters have died and aren't coming back. But I'm pretty confident about this one....more confident than about Champ Bailey making a comeback.

Mathguy64
AG
That would be a great argument for how all this gets pulled together as long as GRRM isn't pulling the greatest literary long con since L Ron Hubbard invented Scientology.
wangus12
AG
Sir I truly pray you are right because I'm in that boat. The book series is called A Song of Ice & Fire, not Game of Thrones. I always felt its been about Jon and Dany. God willing, that fat ******* won't die on us before he finishes the story.
G Martin 87
AG
Dammit, I'm writing as fast as I can! But first, I think I'll have another piece of lamprey pie. I just have no willpower.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Did you say LampFrey Pie?
BigTimeAlum
AG
I think if HBO released this Netflix style, I'd watch them all b2b and lose my job and most likely my wife because they'd both think I've gone crazy.
I think they've all been playing semantics by saying "Jon is dead. He's not coming back." I don't think he's coming back as Jon, so I agree. Jon is dead. He's not coming back. I also don't think they will bring "Jon" back the first episode. If you think this (episode/season) has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
AgLaw02
AG
Zombie Jon Snow laid some of it out, but the show and books have been prepping R+L=J hard since the very beginning. It's obvious if you are looking for it. He's probably coming back in the 1st episode.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.