***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,235 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting supercut of all the R+L=J related scenes/dialogue from Seasons 1-5.

no answers here...but it is interesting to see it all compiled in one place.

Really if you take this story at face value (without R+L=J) then it really seems like way too much time devoted to this backstory for it to be just that.

And I do find it interesting in both book and show - you can't find one contradictory quote where it definitively shows R+L is not = J. I mean people who would not know make statements to the contrary, but not Ned and not people like Varys or Littlefinger who might know the truth from sources. Even the reactions of people like Ned and Littlefinger in their scenes seem curious at the least.

anyway just an interesting little clip.

Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
quote:
WHERE THE HELL ARE RICKON AND SH****DOG?

This is my biggest question in the entirety of the show/book universe... Rickon is a male Stark, so he just has to be significant at some point when he's older. I guess for now on the show he's just Hangin' with Mr Umber
Is Gendry still paddling?!?!
Fat Bib Fortuna
Sweet jesus, Bran is 35 years old.

Inspector Spacetime
AG
Season 6 premieres April 24th! D&D currently in talks with HBO about a 2-season renewal for 7 & 8.

Let the countdown begin...

SwigAg11
AG
I thought they were stopping at 7 seasons?
wangus12
AG
So one think I never took into much consideration regarding R+L=J.

If it is revealed, does Jon take up the Targaryean or Stark name. He was raised a Stark and that is all he knows before the Wall, while not really having a connection to the Targaryean name other than that they were the bad guys. I think to guarantee his claim to the crown, he'd have to be a Targaryean, but I really want him to be a Stark
NC2001
AG
quote:
So one think I never took into much consideration regarding R+L=J.

If it is revealed, does Jon take up the Targaryean or Stark name. He was raised a Stark and that is all he knows before the Wall, while not really having a connection to the Targaryean name other than that they were the bad guys. I think to guarantee his claim to the crown, he'd have to be a Targaryean, but I really want him to be a Stark
He's going to hyphenate his name: Jon Stark-Targaryean.
Civen
AG
If he was actually born at the Tower of Joy, shouldn't his name be Jon Sand... since Dorne? Although I guess if R actually married (what do we know about polygamy in Westeros?) L, Targ is the right answer.

edit: or Jon Waters, since his father was from Kings Landing
or Jon Blackfyre, for targ *******s
Al Bula
AG
quote:
If he was actually born at the Tower of Joy, shouldn't his name be Jon Sand... since Dorne? Although I guess if R actually married (what do we know about polygamy in Westeros?) L, Targ is the right answer.

edit: or Jon Waters, since his father was from Kings Landing
or Jon Blackfyre, for targ *******s
LOL don't overthink it. Ned brought him to the North to hide him and gave him the basterd name of the North. End of story.
BigTimeAlum
AG
He's definitely still Snow regardless of his parentage. I believe the standard is to take the ******* designation of the mother's place of origin, although it can be fluid to where the kid is raised (usually the same place). The only caveat is if R&L were actually married, then he is a Targ. [/end nerd]
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Actually the reason he is a Snow is because Eddard refused to identify the mother. It would normally be wherever she was from. Additionally *******s are usually sent away and not raised by the noble father alongside his natural born children.

If it was Wylla who Ned told Robert, then she was a servant of House Dayne in Sunspear of House Dorne...so he would technically be Jon Sand.

But since he never said for the record, and she was raised by him and not the mother (which is usually the case, or they are sent away to distant family)....then they chose to call him Jon Snow.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Uh, his name is Azhor Azhai.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

you mean Azor Ahai

Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
quote:

you mean Azor Ahai

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't think anyone knew who I was talking about until you swooped in with your Westerosi Spell Checker.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

you mean Azor Ahai

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't think anyone knew who I was talking about until you swooped in with your Westerosi Spell Checker.

lol...sure np.

i didn't know it off the top of my head either...yours just looked wrong somehow. i had to google it so there's that.
hunter2012
AG
TexasAggies06
AG
http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-promos-hbo/

All three new promos:

Duncan Idaho
Watching that I realized that I had forgotten how horrible and unlikable the biatch cat is.

She is one area that I hope the series will depart from the books
SwigAg11
AG
I take it the Targaryen scene is of Merreen burning with Dothraki being spoken?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Cleganebowl! Can't wait.
While the concept is fun, the casting makes it less so. How many differnt guys have played Gregor in the series? Twelve? Thirteen?
AggieSouth06
quote:
quote:
Cleganebowl! Can't wait.
While the concept is fun, the casting makes it less so. How many differnt guys have played Gregor in the series? Twelve? Thirteen?

Recasts are the worst thing about this show. The first Gregor was fine. Myrcella had 3 lines last season, same actress would have been just f***ing fine. Daario was the actor's choice I guess but still... That one was the dumbest from a continuity standpoint.
The Dog Lord
AG
So it's pretty much official that we won't get book 6 before the 6th season. It was always likely to happen, but there have been actual discussion about it from GRRM. It's looking like 2017 will be more likely.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-the-winds-of-winter-is-not-finished-20160102
mid90
AG
quote:
So it's pretty much official that we won't get book 6 before the 6th season. It was always likely to happen, but there have been actual discussion about it from GRRM. It's looking like 2017 will be more likely.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-the-winds-of-winter-is-not-finished-20160102

I'm expecting nothing sooner than 2020 for WoW. And he will def die before finishing aDoS
AggieSouth06
The show will be the only closure for the series. We're lucky they're doing it (mostly) right.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I still can't believe they killed Barristan Selmy.

If GGRM finishes the last book, I hope he gets to punch everyone in the face who said he would die first.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
I still can't believe they killed Barristan Selmy

No joke...I hated him dying the way he did.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
I still can't believe they killed Barristan Selmy

No joke...I hated him dying the way he did.
the book Selmy would have killed all the assassins and continued their conversation like nothing happened.
Thunder18
AG
Yep
AggieSouth06
quote:

If GGRM finishes the last book, I hope he gets to punch everyone in the face who said he would die first.

1. He took out like 25 people. It was meant to be badass. They couldn't make it LOOK more "badass" because he's a character played by an old British actor, not a young sword-fighting virtuoso.
2. Why? He's old, fat, out of shape, and easily distracted by side projects. Only one of those things isn't his fault (old).
redline248
AG
I'm glad you clarified which one was NOT his fault
AggieSouth06
You joke, but I'm waiting for somebody to step in and clarify that some people are genetically predisposed to being overweight and/or ADD.
JJxvi
AG

GRRM to get honorary degree from A&M
Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
quote:

1. He took out like 25 people. It was meant to be badass. They couldn't make it LOOK more "badass" because he's a character played by an old British actor, not a young sword-fighting virtuoso.
2. Why? He's old, fat, out of shape, and easily distracted by side projects. Only one of those things isn't his fault (old).
Barristan Selmy deserved to die a knight, not getting overrun by street thugs.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Barristan Selmy deserved to die a knight, not getting overrun by street thugs.
Do you even GRRM? Geoffrey was poisoned. The Hound taken out by a girl. Martell was about to achieve his revenge and got his skull crushed. Ned was beheaded at a boy's command. Jon stabbed in the back by his brothers. Robb had his head replaced by an octogenarian nymphomaniac.

Etc. Etc. Etc.
OnlyForNow
AG
And? HBO show writers killed Selmy... not GRRM
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.