***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,376 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not to mention that there was a Next Level Urgent Care right there - the Elder Brother of the monks is renowned healer and people came from all over so he could take care of them. That is said explicitly in that Brienne chapter where she sees the gravedigger.

So in the books at least, not only is it cleanly set up for Sandor to be alive (and hinted at very strongly) but there's also a setup for why someone else might come to the island looking for a healer and realize he's still alive. (For example, Sansa, who is almost next door at the Gates of the Moon and in charge of Sweetrobin who is sickly. Not that I expect that to happen, but there's a setup there for something like that).

But the show has changed so much about what's going on in that area that I have no idea how they might bring Sandor back, if they do. Brienne doesn't go to the Quiet Isle, Sansa isn't at the Gates of the Moon and Jaime's not roaming the Riverlands. For all I know they'll make Sandor a Faceless Man.
Fat Bib Fortuna
As a book reader, i know all about Sandor the maybe grave digger. My question would be what's the point of bringing him back in the show? His arc is complete. He helped Arya on her path to becoming a stone-cold killer. Keeping him alive diminishes the act of her leaving him to die and suffer.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Perhaps that misery and suffering changed him somehow? Maybe he still needs to kill Robert Strong?
Ol Jock 99
AG
I must have been half asleep reading that chapter, because I don't recall this gravedigger at all.
AGnBCS
AG
quote:
Perhaps that misery and suffering changed him somehow? Maybe he still needs to kill Robert Strong?

Ding ding ding winner
Greeze06
AG
Or maybe he's a part of the flashback....duh.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
did i miss this news......it was 2 days ago but i did not see it here.

6th book will be released before season 6 says GRRM:

quote:
Meanwhile, he did share that the book will be ready by spring of next year. It will be released before season 6 of "Game of Thrones" returns on HBO in 2016.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-winds-of-winter-news-and-release-date-george-r-r-martin-reads-a-chapter-from-the-novel-143927/

...although it seems to contradict itself later when he says not to ask when the book will be done.

quote:
Don't ask me when the book is going to be done I'll ask my minions to lop your head off."

hmmm...
redline248
AG
It's a Brienne chapter in A Feast For Crows.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
It's a Brienne chapter in A Feast For Crows.

while searching for Sansa she and Pod visit the Quiet Isle and some monastery like commune there where they have some big newcomer (bigger than brienne) burying bodies (hence the gravedigger) - he has injuries and a noticeable limp and his face is obscured.

they asure her they have buried the hound but speak a bit obscurely referring to his flesh if i recall. he also bends to pet a dog at some point.
G Martin 87
AG
Cleganebowl! Can't wait.
JAggie2007
AG
quote:
Cleganebowl! Can't wait.
Get hype!
The Dog Lord
AG
Euron Greyjoy has reportedly been cast. The actor looks kind of young to be Theon's uncle.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/09/game-of-thrones-euron-greyjoy-cast.html?mid=facebook_vulture
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
was just about to post the same thing. HBO has confirmed it so its not just a rumor.
LawAg05
AG
Ian McShane as Tarly then. That article says he could also be Meribald, but I would hope to see McShane as much as possible and I think Tarly will have a bigger role than Meribald.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Ian McShane as Tarly then. That article says he could also be Meribald, but I would hope to see McShane as much as possible and I think Tarly will have a bigger role than Meribald.
Agreed. And thanks for the confirmation Hummingbird.
bigboykin
AG
quote:
Keeping him alive diminishes the act of her leaving him to die and suffer.
I don't think it diminishes it. As far as she knows, she left him to suffer and die, so she's still stone cold.

quote:
Maybe he still needs to kill Robert Strong?
This makes the most sense. Especially if he has "earned" his right to vengeance through contrition with the brothers of the Isle.

I typically don't bich about casting, because they never look like they do in your head, but that dude is going to have trouble convincing me he's the Crow's Eye. He does look like he could be related to Alfie Allen though.
PatAg
AG
I think it's cuz he is smiling.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
With a beard, a dour face, and a patch, hell fit in
redbaron788
AG

Horn Hill (house Tarly btw)
http://watchersonthewall.com/castell-de-santa-florentina-confirmed-as-horn-hill-plus-new-season-6-spoilers/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork
SpreadsheetAg
AG
It'd be really dumb to have so many trees next to your castle, strategically... Scouts and sentries would be staring at leaves all day
AggieHank86
AG
Lord Tarly is too good a soldier to tolerate that death trap. No field of fire, no moat, no outer wall, etcetera. Bad call by GoT.
mid90
AG
Spain has some badass castles
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Hopefully the trees will be CGI'd out... this would really disappoint me if the selection as is.
redbaron788
AG
They're only filming interior shots (and the courtyard which doesn't show the trees), the show castle probably will look nothing like that.

BJM1781
AG
This sounds pretty awesome. May finally get the battle against House Bolton with a resurrected Jon:

quote:
Watchers on the Wall are reporting that a massive battle for the next season featuring various Northern Houses and even Wildlings duking it out with the forces of House Bolton is currently being filmed in Saintfield, Northern Ireland.

But perhaps most interesting are the further reports that Kit Harington, the apparently not-so-dearly-departed Jon Snow, was on hand for filming this battle scene, hinting that not only will Snow survive in the sixth season, but perhaps even turn his back on the Night's Watch to fight Ramsay Bolton.
MW03
AG
I can only blame myself, but these are just plain spoilers now. See you guys after the next book or season.
mid90
AG
quote:
This sounds pretty awesome. May finally get the battle against House Bolton with a resurrected Jon:

quote:
Watchers on the Wall are reporting that a massive battle for the next season featuring various Northern Houses and even Wildlings duking it out with the forces of House Bolton is currently being filmed in Saintfield, Northern Ireland.

But perhaps most interesting are the further reports that Kit Harington, the apparently not-so-dearly-departed Jon Snow, was on hand for filming this battle scene, hinting that not only will Snow survive in the sixth season, but perhaps even turn his back on the Night's Watch to fight Ramsay Bolton.

Fat Bib Fortuna
Not really sure that's a spoiler; ADWD ends with Jon charging off to fight the Boltons before getting knifed.
BigTimeAlum
AG
This thread has been talking R+L=J for years. If this is a spoiler for you, you must be new.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I think he means any real confirmation of kit being filming scenes ie Jon snow alive.

I'm wondering how him battling Ramsay means he turns his back on the watch. I mean sure you would expect him not to honor his oath any more after they killed him. But just knowing he is going to battle Ramsay doesn't imply that. Just a weird statement in that. Not a big deal.
combat wombat™
AG
Wait, the show hasn't even started and we're up to TWELVE pages already?

How about next time we make it the *****Official GAME OF THRONES Dead Zone Between Seasons N and N+1 Thread*****
SpreadsheetAg
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
So Ian McShane is NOT going to be Randyll Tarly

http://deadline.com/2015/09/game-of-thrones-cast-tarly-season-6-james-faulkner-1201532471/

What role will the ****ing ********er play then?
Greeze06
AG
Victarion?
Ol Jock 99
AG
A Greyjoy is a safe bet.
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.