***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,330 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
there are many examples of her being immune to heat, Jon on on the other hand is not. So while he may be a Targ he doesn't have the "dragon" ability. I'm sure this will be significant later down the road...

He's going to be immune to cold. Just my swag.
Zeke1995
AG
And their firstborn son shall be the master of lukewarm water.
AggieSouth06
quote:

Spinal Tap references are always appreciated by this guy.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

Spinal Tap references are always appreciated by this guy.

and explanations of obscure references are always appreciated by this guy.
The Dog Lord
AG
So there have been many discussions about whether the CotF are really trying to help Bran/Humanity or not. Preston Jacobs (the king of tinfoil theories) has a new series on Bran, the CotF, and the broader magical story in general ( He actually pulls from some of GRRM's other stories. It's actually funny to see how much he reuses in his stories (names, places, ideas, etc.).
G Martin 87
AG
My guess on the succession in both the books and show:

As the Other/WW threat grows and threatens to sweep southward out of the North, the major Houses will be so wrapped up in squabbling over the Iron Throne that the populace will see how incapable the traditional ruling structure is at dealing with the threat. When Dany crosses the sea, she won't have to conquer anything. The populace will enthusiastically turn to her as the answer, no matter who the "rightful heir" is. She will thus "break the wheel".

If I was GRRM, that's what I'd do.
BallerStaf2003
AG
So my buddy who only watches the show asked me about Jon snow, and i told him about my theory that he's a Targaryen, and he said:

"What about that time he grabbed the hot lantern to kill that wight? If he was a Targaryen he wouldn't have been burned, right?"

Now I'm questioning everything. Any thoughts?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Viserys was 100% Targaryen.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Targs are not immune to fire.....Dany was a "miracle" according to GRRM.
SoTXAg09
AG
Viserys*
redline248
AG
I feel like we've had this particular discussion at least 3 times this month.
Saxsoon
AG
Try 3 times in the last week
BallerStaf2003
AG
Good point.
redline248
AG
I thought it might have been more, but didn't want to overstate it
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I've been reading the "Hedge Knights" graphic novellas by GRRM... some interesting tidbits in those...

For example: Only Targaryens burned their dead on a funeral pyre, circa 110 AC
MW03
AG
Looks like GRRM is making progress.

From Der Spiegel (****ty translation by Google)

quote:
George RR Martin, author of the presentation of "Game of Thrones", visited Hamburg, fondles his beard, demanded a flying car and forges plans for murder. And then betrays something about how it goes in Westeros.
quote:
"Only last night I had a revelation," says George RR Martin. He sits behind a desk in the conference room "Elbe" of the Hamburg hotels Madison, peaked cap pulled over his forehead, a dark, short-sleeved shirt wrapped his powerful torso, and he fondles himself to gray, not sh**** beard.

Amazing, Googs. Really, really solid work. Anyway, moving on to the nugg...

quote:
"There's this character, which I always knew that she will die, from the moment of their introduction to them was doomed to die. But I did not know how she was going to die. Since last night, I know it. Maybe it was Hamburg, no idea. "
redline248
AG
Cersei? Mel?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The mother****er is killing Arya, isn't he.
LawAg05
AG
I would guess Cercei.

POSSIBLE ASOFAI STORYLINE SPOILERS

Arya, Bran, Jon, Tyrion and Dany were originally set to make it to the last volume. Obviously, the original outline of the story has changed, but I think it is a safe guess to say that these five key players will at least make it to the last book and past WoW.

MW03
AG
Keep in mind that it's Google's translation of probably German feminines. I wouldn't count on it nailing the intricacies of the language. Anyone here speak the language of the fatherland?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Keep in mind that it's Google's translation of probably German feminines. I wouldn't count on it nailing the intricacies of the language. Anyone here speak the language of the fatherland?
Nein!!

G Martin 87
AG
I can only catch the easy words, but the gist seems to be that I had a "Eureka!" moment in Hamburg and now I know exactly how to finish the story. Not the fates of all the characters, mind you, but the main ones.

Actually, the translation offered by Google seems pretty close to me. I do in fact wish I had a flying car, a jet pack, and a colony on Mars.
Saxsoon
AG
He does have a powerful torso and a gray not ****ty beard. Seems accurate to me

And the reverse skywalker with arya and Jon. Interesting
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I was reading the various Grantland articles on GOT season fianle...there were several.....

Besides the many reasons to think Jon is coming back that they all mentioned....something struck me as a proof beyond all reasons that can be made from things in the books or show.

When GRRM was testing D&D about their worthiness to take ownership of this series....what was the one question he posed to them that was SOOOO important that he only would trust them if they answered correctly.???.......it was what is Jon's parentage????

There is no way that is the most important question to GRRM and Jon is just another dead character....certainly not now anyway...that question has not even been answered in the show or the books. Jon and his lineage is obviosuly hugely important....and it's only important if he is ALIVE!!!!

redline248
AG
Well, it could be one of those things that is important to GRRM in a weird, "who can guess it even if no one in the story ever knows" way
The Dog Lord
AG
More casting information: http://watchersonthewall.com/more-casting-info-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/

Mostly minor roles, but it seems that we could be getting Sir Arthur Dayne, which might very well mean a Tower of Joy flashback! Also, a few northern lords are added to the mix, with one seeming to be an Umber.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Howland Reed?
Urban Ag
AG
If GRRM had kept a decent pace in getting the books finished I would be more inclined to believe that all the things we think are going to happen, have been hinted at, foretold in prophecy, etc, would in fact happen. But the vast amounts of time between that has transpired since ASOS was published to where we are at now had provided so much opportunity for everyone and their grandmother to openly speculate and theorize how each character arc will finish and ultimately how it will all end.

R + L = J
John Snow will be reborn
Arya will get revenge
The dragons will defeat the Others
John is AA
Dany will sit the Iron Thorn
Jamie will kill Cercei

etc, etc, on and on

And not that I think that any of these are out of left field predictions, it just that so much time has passed and so much speculation has been made, that I can almost see Martin rebelling against popular prognostications by taking some arcs to completely different endings. I think that ultimately the story will end as he has always envisioned it to, but how we get there could end up being wildly different than most think.

And really, he's old, rich, and seems to be short on f's to give. He may get some satisfaction out of permanently breaking the internet.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Howland Reed?
What if he's already cast as someone else?
redline248
AG
Regarding Howland Reed, what if Martin has a few certain plot points that he told HBO they couldn't touch in any form or fashion?
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:
Howland Reed?
What if he's already cast as someone else?
LOL. No no no. That is like, the dumbest theory ever.
hunter2012
AG
GRRM has already said that he has shown up somewhere in the books, if he's as important as we think he is then he's in the show too.
rhutton125
AG
Howland Reed is a spare until he proves otherwise
redline248
AG
quote:
GRRM has already said that he has shown up somewhere in the books, if he's as important as we think he is then he's in the show too.

Of course he has...at the Tower of Joy in Ned's flashback, and the Knight of the Laughing Tree or whatever in Meera's story about that tournament.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

Of course he has...at the Tower of Joy in Ned's flashback, and the Knight of the Laughing Tree or whatever in Meera's story about that tournament.
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.