***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

843,419 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it the young ghost of Anakin Ned or the old Ghost?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Is it the young ghost of Anakin Ned or the old ghost?
Obviously the young one. That is why they had the casting call for the young boy.
OnlyForNow
AG
Was there any indication from the short haired sand snake that showed Bronn her boobies that she might have given him more antidote?

Any last parting shot of her looking at Ellira or anything?

That is the only plausible thing in your list.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Was there any indication from the short haired sand snake that showed Bronn her boobies that she might have given him more antidote?

Any last parting shot of her looking at Ellira or anything?

That is the only plausible thing in your list.

Nope. Rewatched it last night.
redline248
AG
quote:
and Dany is NOT immune to fire either...GRRM has said repeatedly that was a miracle, a one time type thing (unless he is being misleading of course and it's a two time type thing).
It's already happened twice. First time when she hatched the dragons, second time when Drogon showed up to the fighting pit and was torching everything, she walked up to him through fire and the only thing that burned was her hair.

More times if you count:
  • Unfazed by scalding hot water
  • No burns from holding the eggs after putting them in the brazier
PMD03
AG
Where is Littlefinger and his bros of the Vale? He doesn't really get to mop up Stannis or the Boltons since that was such a one-sided fight.
Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
Where is Littlefinger and his bros of the Vale? He doesn't really get to mop up Stannis or the Boltons since that was such a one-sided fight.
So, this is interesting:
1. he told sansa he would come back with the vale troops to deal with whoever wins between stannis and Roose
2. he told Cersei he would help the boltons and capture Sansa
3. Sansa escaped, Stannis defeated

imo,

Cersei goes to war with Dorne because of Myrcella's death; she demands the Vale troops come south.

With Cersei re-establishing control in KL, I bet LF gets Varys's plot from the books of murdering Kevan, Pycelle, and possibly Tommen; weaken KL into suing for peace with Dorne. Or maybe teaming up Vale and Dornish troops (the only kingdoms/armies at full strength) to take control of KL.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
imo,

Cersei goes to war with Dorne because of Myrcella's death; she demands the Vale troops come south.

With Cersei re-establishing control in KL, I bet LF gets Varys's plot from the books of murdering Kevan, Pycelle, and possibly Tommen.
Cersei will never regain power in Kings Landing after her slu tty Lady Godiva performance.
redline248
AG
I tend to agree, but then who will have the power? Tommen just a boy, most of the Lanister leaders are dead, Jaime no where near by...

Isn't Margery still locked up?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I tend to agree, but then who will have the power? Tommen just a boy, most of the Lanister leaders are dead, Jaime no where near by...

yes and she needs to be punished....a lot.....with a cane on her bare backside and a nude walk through Kings Landing!!!!!

Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
quote:
imo,

With Cersei re-establishing control in KL, I bet LF gets Varys's plot from the books of murdering Kevan, Pycelle, and possibly Tommen.
Cersei will never regain power in Kings Landing after her slu tty Lady Godiva performance.
She's back in the Red Keep, dog. IF Kevan and Pycelle go, she's in control again.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
So how do we think Tommen dies, and when? Also, who would be king if Dany hasn't taken over? That kid Mel was trying to kill before Davos snuck him out?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

yes and she needs to be punished....a lot.....with a cane on her bare backside and a nude walk through Kings Landing!!!!!

Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
So how do we think Tommen dies, and when? Also, who would be king if Dany hasn't taken over? That kid Mel was trying to kill before Davos snuck him out?

I don't think Tommen dies before Dany touches down on Westeros soil. And, I don't think Tommen dies before it is exposed that he's pure Lannister. So, even if Margaery is with child before he dies, I don't think that child inherits the throne.

Who would take over if he dies? What a thought-provoking question for late Friday afternoon. I think we need to consider this from a book perspective and a show perspective. An illegitimate cannot inherit the throne, so not Edric Storm/Gendry, or any of Robert's other 10+ children.

SHOW PERSPECTIVE: If Tommen dies, the throne passes to Stannis...oops. If Stannis is dead, it passes to Shireen...oops. The Baratheon line is extinguished. A Great Council is called to choose a King. It won't be a young child (eliminates Stark and Arryn). It won't be a Lannister because their line is extinguished. It won't be a Tully. It won't be a Tyrell (Loras' older brothers don't seem to exist in the show). Frey, Bolton, and Greyjoy don't have enough skin in the game to qualify. Of the great houses, that leaves a Martell, either Doran or Trystan (an adult or nearly so). I feel like the other great houses don't want to put a Martell on the throne and would choose the lesser of two stinky choices...Littlefinger. Petyr Baelish is the Warden of the East, a strong friend to the Tyrells, the Lord Paramount of the Trident, a Member of the Small Council, and soon-to-be Warden of the North. Technically he's the most powerful adult male in Westeros right now. If Dany shows up before the Great Council chooses, they'll pick her. A legit Targaryen trumps all. Which will be ironic, given that she's about to break the wheel.

BOOK PERSPECTIVE: If Tommen dies, the throne passes to one-eared Myrcella. If she dies without child, it passes to Stannis, then Shireen. If they are both dead, it goes to a Great Council. This one is a no-brainer. They choose Aegon. He's already made landing. He already holds Storm's End. Unless someone can prove he's fAegon, the throne rightfully belongs to him. Dany has the second best claim, particularly given that it is unlikely anyone can prove the legitimacy of Jon Snow 20 years later. I can see a situation where GRRM removes the question of Aegon/fAegon or Jon by marrying one of them to a known Targaryen, Dany.

In both Show and Book, I think the endgame is a Targaryen constitutional monarchy after the 3 or 4 living Targs (Aegon, Dany, Tyrion, Jon) eliminate the Others threat.
TheCougarHunter
AG
So stannis could have basically done NOTHING and would have been king eventually
JJxvi
AG
Stannis doing nothing leaves his brother and Robb Stark with the keys to the kingdom. Stannis killing Renly was probably the biggest political event in the story.
redline248
AG
You know, if all the claimants get wiped out, the rest of the houses should say "F it" and govern themselves. Who needs a king?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
You know, if all the claimants get wiped out, the rest of the houses should say "F it" and govern themselves. Who needs a king?

damn straight....maybe this is a political agenda hidden in a great story...anti centralized federal government, pro states rights. GRRM is a genius!!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
and Dany is NOT immune to fire either...GRRM has said repeatedly that was a miracle, a one time type thing (unless he is being misleading of course and it's a two time type thing).
It's already happened twice. First time when she hatched the dragons, second time when Drogon showed up to the fighting pit and was torching everything, she walked up to him through fire and the only thing that burned was her hair.

More times if you count:
  • Unfazed by scalding hot water
  • No burns from holding the eggs after putting them in the brazier

just telling you what GRRM said this in an online Q&A....in 2000 (so take it FWIW it was before he wrote DWD):

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?
George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?
George_RR_Martin: Probably not.
Greeze06
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Notice how he never says Dany isn't immune to fire. Could be that she is the only Targaryan with this ability, which means GRRM's statement would not be contradictory.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Oops, missed the follow up question
redline248
AG
Well, he said probably. Which isn't exactly definitive. So then he wrote a scene in which she is pretty much unburnt again. She's probably the only one with this resistance to fire/heat.

So, do you think she got any tan while wandering the red wastes?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
What if Dany goes out drinking wildfire believing she is immune like one of her ancestors did?
Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
What if Dany goes out drinking wildfire believing she is immune like one of her ancestors did?

Aerion Brightflame
Older brother (I think) to Aegon V Targaryen
hunter2012
AG
there are many examples of her being immune to heat, Jon on on the other hand is not. So while he may be a Targ he doesn't have the "dragon" ability. I'm sure this will be significant later down the road...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
"Wise. I am sorry for your mother, but I do not spare the lives of turncloaks. This one, especially. He slew two sons of Eddard Stark. Every northman in my service would abandon me if I showed him any clemency. Your brother must die."
"Then do the deed yourself, Your Grace." The chill in Asha's voice made Theon shiver in his chains. "Take him out across the lake to the islet where the weirwood grows, and strike his head off with that sorcerous sword you bear. That is how Eddard Stark would have done it. Theon slew Lord Eddard's sons. Give him to Lord Eddard's gods. The old gods of the north. Give him to the tree."
And suddenly there came a wild thumping, as the maester's ravens hopped and flapped inside their cages, their black feathers flying as they beat against the bars with loud and raucous caws. "The tree," one squawked, "the tree, the tree," whilst the second screamed only, "Theon, Theon, Theon."
Theon Greyjoy smiled. They know my name, he thought.
Theon I - WoW

Oh... Bran is definitely watching
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Also, didn't the Pyromancer say that with the stirring of the 3 dragons, Magic had gotten stronger in the world?

Is it possible that Bran becomes way more powerful than Bloodraven / Brynden Rivers? And can do more than just see the past, present, and future? Or just see through the ravens?
JAggie2007
AG
Article saying Kit Harrington has been seen in Belfast.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Article saying Kit Harrington has been seen in Belfast.
I don't think they are even close to filiming season 6 yet...typically they don't start until much later in the year. Of course they could have been doing that to throw peoplke off - film that part or his parts for early next season ahead of time to keep people from knowing.

they could also always say it was simply the funeral pyre scene he was needed for.

and he may simply be friends with some cast mates and hanging out in belfast.
Greeze06
AG
You don't think they've even started filming a ten episode season that will probably air in 9 months?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
You don't think they've even started filming a ten episode season that will probably air in 9 months?
No...not based on previous years schedules....june and early july is pre-production efforts...scouting sites, wardrobe, planning scheduling an dlogistics, lining up directors, etc.

For Season 5

in late July at comic con they officially introduced new cast members.

July 31 the cast for the north arrives in Belfast for filming

early to mid August some of the other cast shows up in Croatia for some of the other plot lines (Dorne, KL, etc.)

In previous seasons the bulk of the filiming takes place in September and October...most of it wraps by early November.
Agustus Caesar
AG
They shot for a total of 100 days with two units last year, for 200 days(with multiple overlap) total filming. Some shooting will start in July, so we are close!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
They shot for a total of 100 days with two units last year, for 200 days(with multiple overlap) total filming. Some shooting will start in July, so we are close!
yes...some in late July....through October into November....

my only point was no shooting has likely started yet, so Kit in Belfast is not necessarily related to his character surviving or resurrected....unless they were intentionally doing it out of cycle to evade detection (and were detected anyway).

AggieHank86
AG
Maybe he just had a thirst for a pint of Irish Red Ale.
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.