***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

842,746 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Speaking of Dany, when last we saw her one of the Khals had found her, but she was with Drogon. I don't see any way she lets the Dothraki take her prisoner.
Yeah, they definitely skipped over that. Maybe Drogon flew off and grabbed Ramsay's tracker dogs.
Urban Ag
AG
The Dothraki are never going to cross the Narrow Sea. Winter is coming and they don't wear shirts. Just not going to happen.
The Debt
Rhllors adversary doesn't only bring death, he resurrects the dead to fight for him...

So much similarity in the dualism
SpreadsheetAg
AG
*** SORT OF SPOILER***

Episode 4 - Book of the Stranger
Tyrion strikes a deal. Jorah and Daario undertake a difficult task. Jaime and Cersei try to improve their situation.

Episode 5 - The Door
Tyrion seeks a strange ally. Bran learns a great deal. Brienne goes on a mission. Arya is given a chance to prove herself.

We may not see the rest of TOJ until Episode 5
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As I recall, Drogon was being a typical lazy teenager. Just rolled over and couldn't be bothered to get his mom some food, much less rescue her from some Dothraki.

Probably still sleeping.
The Debt
quote:
The Dothraki are never going to cross the Narrow Sea. Winter is coming and they don't wear shirts. Just not going to happen.

" their brown nipples, hard and erect, faced down the undead hordes." -grrm
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Speaking of Dany, when last we saw her one of the Khals had found her, but she was with Drogon. I don't see any way she lets the Dothraki take her prisoner.

not exactly... i mean we don't know how long or far Dany walked in the show. Drogon was being uncooperative about flying her back so she walked off....could have walked a day or so we don't really know. in fact in the books if i recall she walked for days and was pretty delirious (and may have bled from her nether regions). I don't think she was in any shape to fight anyone off and I don't think Drogon was anywhere near.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah i posted that last week - well mentioned it - while saying we would only get the exterior of TOJ in Ep. 3. There was much displeasure expressed. But alas.....soon enough.
redline248
AG
Not talking about the show. In the book, she sees a single rider. She yells for Drogon, who is seen flying around the area. He picks her up, they follow the single rider, Drogon roasts a horse and they both eat it until the khal shows up. It literally says she stood next to her dragon when the khal rides up.
annie88
AG
quote:
Ned specifically said Bran would never lay with a woman.
Gonna have to go back and rewatch that. This show has mega foreshadowing in it, but sometimes you don't know which to pick up on at the time, sometimes you do, but in hindsight it's pretty cool.
annie88
AG
quote:
Am I the only one who thinks Bloodraven is sitting in a tree blind? I doubt many show watchers realize the tree is growing through him.
Except the character himself said the tree was growing through him. I'm not a book reader and I didn't realize this until he said it actually.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
What are people's thoughts on R+L=J+M? Personally, I wouldn't like that to be true. If you throw Meera into that scene, I feel like it takes away some of the impact of the revelation of Jon's true parentage. Plus is kind of raises the question of why they needed to separate them and why Howland couldn't just take both babies.
Ever watched Star Wars?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
quote:
Am I the only one who thinks Bloodraven is sitting in a tree blind? I doubt many show watchers realize the tree is growing through him.
Except the character himself said the tree was growing through him. I'm not a book reader and I didn't realize this until he said it actually.
The dude at the end of season 4 looked like he was one with the tree. The tree blind analogy is perfect for Max Von Shadow. It just looks odd.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Ned specifically said Bran would never lay with a woman.
Gonna have to go back and rewatch that. This show has mega foreshadowing in it, but sometimes you don't know which to pick up on at the time, sometimes you do, but in hindsight it's pretty cool.
maybe he thought he was gay...not that there's anything wrong with that. lol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Once or twice.

Not quite the same thing, these babies don't have the force.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Not talking about the show. In the book, she sees a single rider. She yells for Drogon, who is seen flying around the area. He picks her up, they follow the single rider, Drogon roasts a horse and they both eat it until the khal shows up. It literally says she stood next to her dragon when the khal rides up.
yes well she had walked for 2 days....she was in no position to fight....and besides the single rider there were "half a hundred" others that also showed up.

Who knows what happened next. Drogon could have gotten bored and finished the horse and flown off.

It was the end of a book and a cliffhanger...could be resolved quickly in the next book like that.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
Ever watched Star Wars?

Where they split them up to hide them from their father.
redline248
AG
My point is, when the next book gets back to her, I don't see Drogon flying off and leaving her there to be captured.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Am I the only one jumping between the three threads? Getting hard to keep this up.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
What are people's thoughts on R+L=J+M? Personally, I wouldn't like that to be true. If you throw Meera into that scene, I feel like it takes away some of the impact of the revelation of Jon's true parentage. Plus is kind of raises the question of why they needed to separate them and why Howland couldn't just take both babies.
Ever watched Star Wars?

I'm not as enthralled with J+M part of the theory.

I actually think thats more show related only cuz in the books Meera looks nothing like Jon. nor Lyanna nor Rhaegar - Meera is short and slim. She has long brown hair and green eyes.

redline248
AG
no, I'm following them all. Not really paying attn to the one crying about book readers though.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I was with her when she died," Ned reminded the king. "She wanted to come home, to rest beside Brandon and Father." He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses. Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes. Ned remembered the way she had smiled then, how tightly her fingers had clutched his as she gave up her hold on life, the rose petals spilling from her palm, dead and black.

The fever is what made me think of childbirth rather than an injury. Then the promises - what else would a dying woman ask for that Ned could provide? Look after her child just seemed to fit.

That and Ned just didn't seem like the kind of guy to father a *******. He was obviously protecting someone. And Robert wasn't going to let a Targaryen baby live. Ned was so upset by Robert wanting to kill Dany. It confirmed that he'd been right to hide Jon's parentage.

It just seemed like a logical conclusion when it came to me. I mentioned it to my husband (who read the books long before I did), and he laughed when I was surprised that he had already heard about it. Told me I'd just "discovered" on of the long running theories about the book.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Am I the only one jumping between the three threads? Getting hard to keep this up.
nope. I'm doing the same.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
On a different note, the actor that plays Rickon just confirmed via interview that Sh****dog is in fact dead...
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
On a different note, the actor that plays Rickon just confirmed via interview that Sh****dog is in fact dead...
SPOILER!!!!!!!!
hunter2012
AG
quote:

SouthTexasAg06
AG
My bad...
Ol Jock 99
AG
We're just hacking on you.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I don't believe press releases.
The Debt
It's not a spoiler. We aren't gonna see a confirmation on screen about a dog.

They gave you a dead enlargened dog head and called it a direwolf. Accept it.
redline248
AG
I hope like hell the book is different for sh@ggy
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
It's not a spoiler.

Thanks for clearing the up!
The Debt
quote:
I hope like hell the book is different for sh@ggy

They haven't mentioned aryas wolf clan terrorizing the riverlands
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ever watched Star Wars?

I'm not as enthralled with J+M part of the theory.

I actually think thats more show related only cuz in the books Meera looks nothing like Jon. nor Lyanna nor Rhaegar - Meera is short and slim. She has long brown hair and green eyes.

I'm not either for your reasons. But it's plausible in that Ned would want to keep them safe, and apart is the best way to do that.
wangus12
AG
quote:
And Jon Snow was dead and not coming back according to Kit.

On the downside, if that's true, then the Umbers really have turned. No way would they kill the boy's direwolf for a con.
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.