Trailer for Cowboys vs Dinosaurs

16,554 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SteadicaTm
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You should do a movie and cast the whole thing on Texags. Not Boobs and Sharks though, I don't think there are enough boobs.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
Talon2DSO: Yes and I have put someone from Texags in one of my movies

AliasMan: We intentionally make B movies. Any movie with a sub $200K budget that has dragons, dinosaurs or sharks will make money. Sometimes A **** TON OF MONEY! Oh and boobs make a lot of money too. It's all about keeping your costs low. Quantity over quality. You just need a ridiculous idea. I am currently trying to get Boobs and Sharks funded.

SquirrelMaster: Out of the 27 feature films I have made, I have produced one romantic comedy for NBC/UNI. Most of my other movies have been retarded **** like this.

GeveEmHellBill: Yes the movies are presold. You are in the black before you make it.

MSFC Aggie: yes she is the female lead. And she is a scientist.

G Martin 87: They are guaranteed. I just did a show for $150K and and we the producers received $15K from the distributor on day one of filming and we get another $15K when we deliver in September. So we the producers had a $30K minimum guarantee.
Then the fun starts with the film markets. AFM, EFM and all the festivals where you show up to sell you movies. Jailbait had a budget of $135K and made over $1MM.

Schmendler: Yes that was Eric Roberts. Ever since he went to rehab he takes every project offered to keep him busy and off the drugs.

Crazy! Thanks for the info.
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
Talon2DSO: Yes and I have put someone from Texags in one of my movies

Are you shooting anything in LA in mid August?
Talon2DSO
AG
Awesome...I make a kickass sidekick. Chubby...jovial...I look like a Cuban Chris Penn. Unattractive enough to be attractive again. Plus the wife says I can do it
jeffk
AG
quote:
You should do a movie and cast the whole thing on Texags. Not Boobs and Sharks though, I don't think there are enough boobs.

Maybe Manboobs and Sharks?
Raptor
AG
If you ever need an extra or supporting actor in the summer, then I'm your Raptor!
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Gig-Em2003
AG
Thread O' the day!
YouBet
AG
If you need a red shirt kind of guy I can die in glorious fashion.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
SquirrelMaster: Out of the 27 feature films I have made, I have produced one romantic comedy for NBC/UNI. Most of my other movies have been
retarded **** like this.

so much win
wangus12
AG
How about a fit Irishman as the lead. I get the hotties to swoon with dat voice yo
LHIOB
AG
I too would like a part in Boobs and Sharks. Id bet half of this board would take vacation and spend their own money to be a part of it. We could be a free army of extras.
Bruce Almighty
AG
If you want boobs and sharks, watch 2-Headed Shark Attack with Carmen Electra.
bearamedic99
AG
I'm part of the crowd that would take a vacation to be an extra.

I so want to gofundme or Kickstart Boobs and Sharks. Would a bunch of us buying in for $500 or $1k shares do anything?
boboguitar
AG
In for boobs and sharks.
LHIOB
AG
quote:

I so want to gofundme or Kickstart Boobs and Sharks. Would a bunch of us buying in for $500 or $1k shares do anything?
IN!!!! Adding Movie producer to my resume will be fun
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:

I would consider equity crowdfunding instead of kickstarter or indiegogo that way everyone is an investor.

Also maybe shoot it in Texas in Canyon lake. My Dad and brother just bought a 51 foot sailboat which could be the hero boat.

So far for story I have a group of trainers at Sea Planet are having their big party before the season opens. A Girls Gone Crazy DVD makes its into the DVD player and one of the trainers sees his daughter on it. He silently snaps. That night he steals a truck filled with sharks and dumps them into a lake during spring break. Then some other stuff happens that is not important. The important part is the line for boobs in the budget is at least $50K.
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm in. I am absolutely sold on this idea. Sharks released in a lake as revenge is awesome. Boobs are awesome. No greater thing that chillin at the lake with my bros, some brews, boobs, and holy shiiiitttt SHAAAAAAAAARK!!!
schmendeler
AG
this sounds awesome.
LHIOB
AG
You got me hook, line and sinker

Sorry for the terrible pun, I just felt it would be appropriate
Duncan Idaho
I love that there is a line in the budget for boobs.
AliasMan02
AG
I have an idea for the Band Camp Killer if you wanna chat. Also a spy movie where Jesus is the head of the CIA. And Space Dragons.
AliasMan02
AG
Seems like to increase draw you could find a recently washed up actress who has never shown them and get her to commit.
schmendeler
AG
is there a ready pool of talent available in the industry for *ahem* titillation that movie makers can readily... tap?
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
Seems like to increase draw you could find a recently washed up actress who has never shown them and get her to commit.
That unfortunately costs a lot of money. I am almost tempted to shoot it non-SAG/AFTRA and let the boobs sell the movie.
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
is there a ready pool of talent available in the industry for *ahem* titillation that movie makers can readily... tap?
I will just say don't underestimate what girls will do for $175/day.
LHIOB
AG
If you need someone to go scout Austin for talent I would like to offer my services.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

And a screen credit....$175/day and a screen credit
Apache
AG
The Sharks have to be Bull Sharks.... IIRC they can live in fresh water.

You need to have a old crusty fisherman character similar to "Quint" from Jaws. TexAgs is full of these kinds of people.
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

And a screen credit....$175/day and a screen credit
Yes. Running topless chick #22
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
The Sharks have to be Bull Sharks.... IIRC they can live in fresh water.

You need to have a old crusty fisherman character similar to "Quint" from Jaws. TexAgs is full of these kinds of people.
Any cgi shark can live in fresh water. Gonna throw a great white in there for fun. Doesn't have to make sense. Just has to make money.
Apache
AG
Of course they can! WTF was I thinking!
Duncan Idaho
I want to see the dolphins escape and swim up the sewers to the lake in order to save thier trainers.

Or maybe an orca.

With some kind of nod to sponge bob.

And what ever else my inner Ralph wiggum can come up with
hurleyag
AG
I'll volunteer to die a gruesome death! I have a great cheesy die act.
schmendeler
AG
steadi-

I know you probably are thinking most of the posters are joking, but i'd bet there is a large crowd that would love to just come out and watch a movie get made, and/or volunteer to help on a Saturday (or any day, likely) with whatever, regardless of screen time (although I doubt anyone would turn it down). it'd be a pretty cool life experience for me, anyway.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
steadi-

I know you probably are thinking most of the posters are joking, but i'd bet there is a large crowd that would love to just come out and watch a movie get made, and/or volunteer to help on a Saturday (or any day, likely) with whatever, regardless of screen time (although I doubt anyone would turn it down). it'd be a pretty cool life experience for me, anyway.
I agree with this. It would be pretty fun

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.