FOCUS

68,469 Views | 338 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Max Power
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught
AG
quote:

Why is Blake Griffin gassing up his Tesla?
TCTTS
AG
Professor Frick
AG
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
TajMaballer
AG
And to think this thread started talking about a movie that nobody saw (it's on HBOGo if anyone is interested)

But fingers crossed, TC! Feel free to use this thread as your personal vision board!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Margot is a 10.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
Margot is a 10.
And she is only 25!
TCTTS
AG
TajMaballer
AG
quote:

rononeill
so I just told my wife the synopsis of this:
- dude on texags is probably going to produce a movie w a guy that looks like jack dawson.
- one of the chicks from Pan Am is high likely to star in it

I made a joke about having thought I had had a good day and she responded w: WTF. and I said: real estate is cool and all, but now it feels a little boring.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, except the words "probably" and "highly likely" are being VERY optimistic. Yes, Leo's vice president really wants to do something with us. We all really hit it off, and he wants to take the Rolling Stones article/project to Paramount. Paramount is looking for their next "Big Short" and the VP thinks this could be it. But the odds of Paramount committing are obviously somewhat slim. But with Leo producing, and the high-profile author committed to write, it might be a sexy enough package. Land Robbie, and we're obviously gold. But the point is, we still have to convince both Paramount AND Robbie, neither of which we've started discussions with. The plan as of now is to pitch Paramount in July, when our writer is in town, so we'll see. And again, I don't know yet if we'll go after Robbie before or after that point.
TCTTS
AG
And just to be clear, in posts like the one above, I'm sometimes purposefully vague because I do get a bit paranoid about Google hits, so I try not to use specific names when I can. It's fine that I'm talking about this stuff in broad terms, and I enjoy keeping you guys updated, but at the same time if some of these exec types saw a thread like this - or I linked to the actual article / discussed details of the project - as astronomically low as the chances may be of discovery, with all the other random talk in this thread, I'd like to keep these posts as undiscoverable as possible. Again, it's totally fine overall, but as things like this start to heat up and develop, I may have to limit what I discuss here and there going forward.
israeliag
AG
Awesome news TC! Even if this doesn't pan out it's undoubtedly a huge win with the leads and relationships you've built.

If it does pan out, just plan for a nude scene as hard as you can... it doesn't even have to be a nude for the camera scene, just one where there's implied nudity where she's nude on set.

Any more hints on what article you are speaking of (sorry if you mentioned it earlier in the thread)?

And how did you get in touch with and end up pitching it to your future co-producer?
rononeill
sorry if I blew your cover - I went ahead and cleaned it up. don't want to jinx it or anything.
Sex Panther
AG
This thread is like the TexAgs Vision Board

TCTTS
AG
quote:
sorry if I blew your cover - I went ahead and cleaned it up. don't want to jinx it or anything.

Oh, no worries at all. I was referring mainly to my own post. And I'm not too worried about using major movie star's names or anything like that, though sometimes it's just second nature to sometimes not be super specific in that regard.
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Will try to explain it as concisely as I can...

One of our four partners got to know the Leo VP pretty well a couple years ago through a producer friend he was working with before our company was formed. Then this past October we somehow charmed the writer of this article and made it among the finalist to bid for the screen rights. It was us, Plan B (Brad Pitt's company), and Smokehouse (George Clooney's company) vying for it. The writer liked our take the most, but we didn't have a big name behind us, so we reached out to Leo's company/their VP through the relationship our partner had. The VP fell in love the article's potential, officially partnered with us, and soon after it was down to just us and Clooney. Mind you, this was like 9 months after our company had been formed. We never in a million years expected to be in the running for something like this so soon, but there we were, going toe-to-toe with Clooney, with Leo somehow backing us. It was crazy. In the end, though, Clooney was able to offer more money, and he got it. There's a whole other crazy angle that I can't get into here, but if not for some screw up on behalf of the agent, we actually would have got it with the money we had, because, again, the author was rooting for us because he liked our take so much.

Anyway, it sucked to lose out, but that whole ordeal earned us a bit of respect among some of the major players, including Leo's guy. He liked our taste and wanted to try to find a way to work on something else together in the future. We landed the rights to this other article a month or so later I think, finally met the VP for drinks in person a few weeks ago, and like I said, all just really hit it off. Now he's super interested in this new project we have. We're currently putting together a big pitch deck, and again, will hopefully pitch to Paramount in July when the author's in town.

As for the article itself, I guess it can't hurt to post, just please don't discuss it a ton here in the thread if you don't mind. Also, know that the article is only a starting point. We're not doing a straight adaptation. It's more of a jumping off point, and, among other things, it would center around a made-up female lead who would be investigating this whole ordeal. The main subject in the article would be the the other lead, who we're hoping will be played by a certain other Wolf of Wall Street co-star. Some might say he's Superbad...
israeliag
AG
Interesting story. And the Winkelvi are involved, so I'm sure that guarantees another TC story about Armie Hammer
TCTTS
AG
Ha, don't think I haven't thought about asking him to reprise that cameo. That said, I have no idea how integral they'll be to the ultimate version of the story, if at all.
israeliag
AG
quote:
Ha, don't think I haven't thought about asking him to reprise that cameo. That said, I have no idea how integral they'll be to the ultimate version of the story, if at all.
Think of the $hared univer$e you could develop!
TCTTS
AG
Ha, anything I can do to even be tangentially connected to David Fincher in some way, shape, or form would be a dream come true.
israeliag
AG
I think you might evem be able to get close to Danny Boyle, since, and I might be misremembering, but I believe Steve Jobs takes place in the same universe as The Social Network.
Bunk Moreland
Haha I've been out of pocket traveling the last 4 days. This is such a great thread to read in the hotel with a glass of whiskey.

Great work. Can't wait till you introduce me to her, TC! I'll take it from there.
TCTTS
AG
At LAX, headed to Dallas, and Aubrey Plaza is at the gate next to mine, headed to New York...
Bunk Moreland
I know something super original to say to her that she's probably never heard before.

Go up to her and say "I'm picking my flight. I'm not picking my flight. I'm picking my---wait I missed my flight"
3rdGen2015
AG
Go ask her for Anna Kendrick's number for me
israeliag
AG
She's struck me as someone who's likely way hotter in person than on screen. True?
Sex Panther
AG
Go ask her for Chris Pratt's number for me

TCTTS
AG
Definitely cute, but super normal-looking in person. Not in a bad way, but she doesn't really stand out in a crowd. Not a single person recognized or noticed her that I could tell.
TCTTS
AG
The Pete's Dragon thread reminded me of a Jane Magazine shoot I did with Bryce Dallas Howard and Kirsten Dunst that I don't think I've mentioned on here before. This was promotion for Spider-Man 3, back in late 2006 I think. The first three pics are official stills from the shoot, and the rest are some I took on set, in case anyone is curious what one of these things looked like behind the scenes.

Bryce was super pregnant, and I didn't interact with her much, but she was as nice as you'd expect. Kirsten, however, was actually the cooler of the two. Out of all the celebrities I worked with, she was the only one who ever went out of her way to remember my name. I was always the talent greeter, and when she arrived, I introduced myself, along with a co-worker, and she repeated out loud, "Ted and Brett... Ted and Brett. Got it. So nice to meet you guys." And she remembered it throughout the day. It sounds like such a small detail, but you'd be surprised how little a lot of those types cared. Overall, she was just super chill and the complete opposite of a diva. I had to move her car at one point, while she was getting her hair done, to make room in the driveway, and she told me to just get the keys out of her purse. I remember thinking how weird it was that I was digging through Kirsten Dunst's purse. She drove a Prius, and that was the first time I had ever been in one, and it took me forever to figure out how to get the damn thing going. She also wished me a Merry Christmas at the end of the day, which I thought was cool too.

Anyway, figured this was a decent one to add to the mix...

Bunk Moreland
Nice post. I irrationally hated Dunst until Fargo this past year. Now I'm a huge fan. Funny how that works. I think she deserves an Emmy
heddleston
AG
Disappointed in that craft services table. How are you supposed to get a stew going with just brownies and fruit?
TajMaballer
AG
Love Dunst! And now she is dating Jesse Plemons. No offense to Plemons, but that gives us all a chance!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I always had a thing for Kirsten Dunst ever since Bring It On.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.