FOCUS

70,774 Views | 338 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Max Power
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Not a good day drinker.
You're dead to me.
jeffk
AG
Daaaaaay drinker
Day drinker, yeah.
Took me soooooo long
But I found out
Yeah, I found out.
dcAg
Have a family friend that is a movie producer. One of his movies...Hunger Games.

Yes and yes.
TCTTS
AG
This is Mikey Day. Aka Saturday Night Live's newest cast member. Aka the guy who's FIRST ever skit last night featured Margot Robbie hanging all over him...

Mikey Day was also my next door neighbor for three years.

I can't remember if it's in this thread or not, but I've told the story on this board before about how I used to live literally five feet from Taran Killam when I first moved to LA. Back then, he was my annoying neighbor who would loudly practice voices and accents on his porch. And then one day Cobie Smulders came over, I realized they were dating (they're now married), and he got a little bit cooler in my book. Well, Mikey was Taran's roommate. We called him "Headphones" back then because he was always wearing big headphones whenever my roommates and I would see him. He never talked, and only nodded a "What's up" occasionally. Super nice guy, though. Just super quiet and was always seemingly in his own world.

Until last month, when I read that he was joining the cast, I had no idea he had been writing for SNL for three years, likely due to Taran helping him out in some way.

And now he's on Saturday Night Live, dressed as a nerd, with Margot Robbie all over him.

Seriously, it feels like I'm just being ****ed with at this point.

That said... if Headphones can do it, so can I.
TCTTS
AG
(And by "it" I jokingly mean achieve a vague, somewhat similar-type situation. As fun as this thread is, I feel like I need to keep it from veering into stalker territory from time to time.)
TCTTS
AG
And for the record, that was an all-around great episode. Not only was Mikey in nearly every skit, he was good in every skit too. Really liked that other new guy as well, as quick as his appearances where. I've been watching SNL since the early '90s and last season nearly caused me to finally give up. Wanted to give it one last shot this season, with the election and what not, and there's definitely some promise in this bunch, at least initially. The veterans feel like they're finally on top of their game, and this new crop doesn't come across as desperate as newbie's in year's past. Consider me cautiously optimistic.
israeliag
AG
Just a thumbs up for TC bumping this thread
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BMCIpRphEUw
TCTTS
AG
I may or may not have been high-fiving David and his sons by the end of the game, which the Kings won in overtime.
israeliag
AG
Thumb up for your attendance at a NHL game.

Any story on how you got those seats?
TCTTS
AG
A friend of mine works for a famous movie producer. I'd rather this not be Google-able, but I've mentioned him on here before, and the seats belong to (un)said movie producer. Every once in a while my buddy gets to use the seats and will invite me or one of our other friends along.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Could one say this producer is quite the top gun? Bit of a bad boy maybe?
TCTTS
AG
One could definitely say that. Maybe even a Pirate... of the Caribbean... as well.
Sex Panther
AG
THIS IS LIBEL
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Stan from Mad Men is on my flight to Dallas. One of my favorite characters on my all time favorite show. He's wearing a Dallas Cowboys hat, too.
bearamedic99
AG
just happy to see movement on this thread
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
That's for the Tonya Harding movie she's producing and starring in. Didn't warrant its own thread, but I had to post that somewhere.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
jeffk
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First off, eesh.

Second - I'm fully aware I was born in 1988 and don't know much about the 80's outside of movies and music but, wasn't Tonya Harding a figure skater? What exactly happened in her life that warrants a biopic?
TCTTS
AG
1) It's not a biopic. It's basically covering the main thing she's known for, perhaps with some flashbacks.

2) At the top of her game, Harding organized a "hit" on her rival, just prior to the biggest stage their sport has to offer (the Olympics). This was a HUGE deal at the time, and I honestly can't wait to see it portrayed on the big screen. It was the bad girl vs. the public darling (Nancy Kerrigan), at a time when ice skating was basically at its peak. And again, the bad girl actually hired people to basically take out the knee of her number one opponent. That's pretty insane, and worthy of movie, IMO, especially all these years later.
TCTTS
AG
The clip of Kerrigan crying "Why?!" is literally one of the most famous/notorious sports clips from the '90s...

TCTTS
AG
And here's a pretty good recap of the situation...

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/08/120575/tonya-harding-nancy-kerrigan-attacked-olympic-ice-skaters
TCTTS
AG
And just so The Debt doesn't hold me accountable and cry himself to sleep when I'm "wrong," I'm NOT saying this movie will be good. Only that, at this particular point in time, it looks intriguing.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

First off, eesh.

Second - I'm fully aware I was born in 1988 and don't know much about the 80's outside of movies and music but, wasn't Tonya Harding a figure skater? What exactly happened in her life that warrants a biopic?

20ag07
Quote:

I'm fully aware I was born in 1988 and don't know much about the 80's outside of movies and music but, wasn't Tonya Harding a figure skater? What exactly happened in her life that warrants a biopic?
Are you kidding me? This wasn't an 80s story. This was 1994. The same year OJ killed Nicole. It was the greatest year in sports related tabloid/pop culture history. I was 8, and these two stories were my introduction to pop culture.
MrPlow2010
AG
I thought it was going to be about her boxing career lol
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meh. Did not know any of that and never heard of it once. There were more important things going on in 1994. Like Selena.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
Pretty big sighting this morning... Anthony Hopkins at a breakfast spot near my apartment. Couldn't tell if the two people with him were robots or not.
citizenkane06
AG
Was he eating liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti, by chance?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.