***** The Americans : Season 3 *****

40,297 Views | 350 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BMX Bandit
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I'm actively rooting for "bullet". I despise her character. If she's smart though she'll say something to Stan or Gad (sp?) on the down low and they'll be sure to investigate "Clark". Then Stan realizes that "Clark" is his neighbor and buddy and all hell breaks loose.

Refresh my memory...I know Philip knows that Stan is an FBI agent, but do we know if he knows that Martha and Stan work in literally the same office space?
He does. Remember they bugged Gad's office, so have been directly spying on Gad/Stan's team.
Hannah McKay
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm actively rooting for "bullet". I despise her character. If she's smart though she'll say something to Stan or Gad (sp?) on the down low and they'll be sure to investigate "Clark". Then Stan realizes that "Clark" is his neighbor and buddy and all hell breaks loose.

Refresh my memory...I know Philip knows that Stan is an FBI agent, but do we know if he knows that Martha and Stan work in literally the same office space?
He does. Remember they bugged Gad's office, so have been directly spying on Gad/Stan's team.
Didn't "Clark" also play her the recordings of Gad and Stan making mean comments about her?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Didn't "Clark" also play her the recordings of Gad and Stan making mean comments about her?

Yeah, as a result of their bugging Gad.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Yup. Good calls guys! That was total DERP! moment on my part.
aggiesq
AG
I expected her to be killed, but there are indications Phillip may be getting too soft for that. his taking the position to let the student go free hinted at that. perhaps kimmie and the coming paige issues iaremaking him less inclined to kill, maybe even as part of his disillusion with the USSR.

SeattleAgJr
I am guessing that his son in Afghanistan gets killed and that pushes him over the edge to wanting to defect.
Post removed:
by user
TX AG 88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, no. He considered that, but decided to spare her or try another tack and it worked. He never pulled that trigger, I'm pretty sure.
SeattleAgJr
They did play the edited tape for her.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
Actually, no. He considered that, but decided to spare her or try another tack and it worked. He never pulled that trigger, I'm pretty sure.

He edited the tape to make them sound like they were talking trash about her. They weren't. He definitely let her hear it to push her over the edge in agreeing to help him plant the bugs.
Law361
AG
That was really brutal when they lit that guy on fire. Those noises he made gave me the willies.
MW13
AG
Wow maybe it's just because its fresh but that was one on the best episodes of the series to me.

The scene with the old lady was incredible and the scene at the end with Gabriel was also great.
oragator
Yeah that was so well done it was disturbing.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Came here to post almost the exact same thing. Quite possibly the best episode yet.
The old lady/repair shop scene was absolute perfection. Perfectly imagined, written, and flawlessly acted.

This show is so good it's ridiculous.
et98
AG
So who saw that coming from Martha? I wasn't expecting that at all.
Post removed:
by user
double aught
AG
But last week she advocated to let the collegiate South African go. Go figure.

I like that Oleg and Stan are frenemies now. Drinking beers in a parked car in the AM. Nice.
SeattleAgJr
I wonder if they are starting the end game with the series (not this year, but next).

Philip is laying his cards out on the table, Elizabeth is showing some (very small) signs are vulnerability.

I am going to guess Philip's story will go through Stan, and Elizabeth will be forced to follow.
cone
AG
the repair shop scene is one of the best segments of TV I've ever seen.

that line about Elizabeth being evil has been set up for 2.5 years. what a payoff.
Quinn
AG
The whole segment with Elizabeth and the old woman was fantastic and excruciating at the same time.
aggiesq
AG
why did they risk doing that job undisguised? that's why the old lady had to die.
aTmAg
AG
The old lady had to die because she could tell people what they were doing.
MW13
AG
Ya Oleg and Stan working together was great too. The look Stan gave him when he got in the car was awesome.
ellebee
That was a great episode. I too loved the scene with the old lady. I also really liked the scene with stan and oleg and look forward to more scenes with them.

Interested to see what's gonna happen with Paige next week.
Keegan99
AG
Good commentary:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/03/the-americans-nudity-keri-russell-robots-dream-electric-sheep
Paladin05
AG
This is easily the best show on TV right now, but it's annoying as **** to go from an intense scene right into a commercial for "The Comedians". Stop trying to make Billy Crystal happen, FX.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Remind me: what specifically is Philip mad at Gabrial about?
Quinn
AG
Asking them to turn Paige into a spy, and probably specifically how he encourages Elizabeth to do so.
ellebee
Maybe also bc he's pushing him on kimmy and doesn't care if that means having sex with her.
EllisCoAg
AG

quote:
"Do you think doing this to me will make the world a better place?" Betty asks. "I'm sorry, but it will," Elizabeth responds. "That's what evil people tell themselves when they do evil things,"
chilling
TexasAggie008
AG
quote:
This is easily the best show on TV right now, but it's annoying as **** to go from an intense scene right into a commercial for "The Comedians". Stop trying to make Billy Crystal happen, FX.
Looks absolutely god awful
cone
AG
so awesome

the doubt that flashed through her eyes
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:

quote:
"Do you think doing this to me will make the world a better place?" Betty asks. "I'm sorry, but it will," Elizabeth responds. "That's what evil people tell themselves when they do evil things,"
chilling
I know I wasn't the only one thinking that Elizabeth was about to resort to a more painful method of killing that woman after she said that.......
Keegan99
AG
We're getting a fourth season!

@TheAmericansFX: RED ALERT: The Americans' mission will continue. FX has renewed the series for an all-new 4th season. Coming in 2016. http://t.co/54vu8rsTf1
oragator
quote:
We're getting a fourth season!

@TheAmericansFX: RED ALERT: The Americans' mission will continue. FX has renewed the series for an all-new 4th season. Coming in 2016. http://t.co/54vu8rsTf1

Not sure what it says about me, but have been checking this several times a week.

Good news, when I saw the viewership numbers I was really worried, much of the season has been under 800k.
The must either want to give it one more shot or they have great DVR numbers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.