*** DC Extended Universe ***

798,295 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I say we keep this thread around until Aquaman, and then start a new one first thing in the new year. Aquaman is apparently more of a standalone movie, and Flash *is* considered the finale, but Aquaman is a still a DCEU movie/character. That, and I doubt there's a ton of DCU news before the end of the year, outside of Superman: Legacy, considering so much has yet to even be developed. We can play it by ear, though...
aggiephoenix02
You run the show around here, so it should be your call…

Edit: Seriously
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Today I read that Blue Beetle is actually considered the first movie in Gunn's DCU despite that one being made prior to Gunn's arrival. Doesn't make sense to me.
#FJB
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Today I read that Blue Beetle is actually considered the first movie in Gunn's DCU despite that one being made prior to Gunn's arrival. Doesn't make sense to me.

It's even weirder/more complicated than that. Gunn actually said that Blue Beetle is the first *character* in the DCU, but that Superman: Legacy is the first *movie* in the DCU. So the BB movie doesn't count, but the character/actor/cast will eventually come back in some capacity? It's so dumb. Especially after The Flash bombed, they need a 100% clean reset/break after this year. Absolutely nothing from the DCEU should survive, not even season two of Peacemaker, which Gunn is confusingly shooting *after* Superman: Legacy.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There's zero reason to kill Blue Beetle if there's no connection to the DCEU. Especially if people connect with the character. No reason he can't be part of the new DCU just because the DCEU is dead. It's not even out yet. Seems unfair to punish them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As for Peacemaker, I agree, even though I liked that show.

It's blatant favoritism to keep that, but get rid of literally everything else.
TCTTS
AG
I totally get not killing the character, it's just weird that the movie itself won't count.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I really liked Peacemaker as well and would love a second season if not for the DCU. It's 100% blatant favoritism.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah. Yeah, agreed.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
So, basically next to no studio presence at ComicCon this year due to the potential SAG strike.
agdoc2001
AG
Years ago, there were heavy rumors of a Lobo movie? Has anyone heard if this is effectively cancelled at this point?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Claude!
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
This gives me pause:

Quote:

Additionally, every frame of the movie involves visual effects
TCTTS
AG
That it's an Aquaman movie is what gives me pause.
MooreTrucker
AG
YouBet said:

This gives me pause:

Quote:

Well, it takes place underwater, right?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

YouBet said:

This gives me pause:

Quote:

I think what he is saying is Chris Nolan would film everything practically no matter the cost or difficulties in filming in the fathoms.
#FJB
jackie childs
i hope all of the reshoots were for momoa to shoot all his scenes as his character from fast x.

if you're going to end the snyderverse, do it BIG
MooreTrucker
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MooreTrucker said:

YouBet said:

This gives me pause:

Quote:

I think what he is saying is Chris Nolan would film everything practically no matter the cost or difficulties in filming in the fathoms.
Drowning extras could prove to be costly, though.
BCG Disciple
AG
Can't wait to see the reshoots with dad bod Mamoa.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

MooreTrucker said:

YouBet said:

This gives me pause:

Quote:

Drowning extras could prove to be costly, though.
Sure. But there would be no complaints about CGI.
#FJB
rhutton125
AG
I have a question. Here we are on multiple threads, wondering if the follow-ups to two billion-dollar films (Aquaman and Captain Marvel) will be bombs or not, or if anyone cares about them anymore. Superhero fatigue has been discussed to death. Audiences aren't turning out to see films unless they're supported by strong word of mouth. Then I remember that James Gunn's rebooted DC universe will bring us The Authority, the Brave and the Bold, a Waller TV series and Creature Commandos.

Is this a terrible ****ing idea? For folks who say "the MCU should have stopped with Endgame," is this just doubling down on the wrong ideas like the Sony with their Spideyless Spideyverse?

I saw a suggested YouTube video of "fancasting The Authority" and my initial thought was that I couldn't possibly care less. And that's as one of the biggest comic book fans on this board.
jackie childs
rhutton125 said:

I have a question. Here we are on multiple threads, wondering if the follow-ups to two billion-dollar films (Aquaman and Captain Marvel) will be bombs or not, or if anyone cares about them anymore. Superhero fatigue has been discussed to death. Audiences aren't turning out to see films unless they're supported by strong word of mouth. Then I remember that James Gunn's rebooted DC universe will bring us The Authority, the Brave and the Bold, a Waller TV series and Creature Commandos.

Is this a terrible ****ing idea? For folks who say "the MCU should have stopped with Endgame," is this just doubling down on the wrong ideas like the Sony with their Spideyless Spideyverse?

I saw a suggested YouTube video of "fancasting The Authority" and my initial thought was that I couldn't possibly care less. And that's as one of the biggest comic book fans on this board.
probably
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So good.
double aught
AG
That's pretty cool, and I like Xolo in Cobra Kai. I just don't see any way that Blue Beetle doesn't bomb though. Even if it's great, the deck is stacked against it.
rhutton125
AG
Box office thread was predicting $30M+ for an opening.
TCTTS
AG
I like Gal Gadot.

I like Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

And in theory, or in a vacuum, I wouldn't mind a third, Gal-Gadot-starring, Patty-Jenkins-less Wonder Woman movie.

But I simply do not understand this strategy from Gunn & Safran of keeping certain DCEU characters/actors around, while replacing others, and claiming the whole thing is a reboot. Nor do I understand why they seemingly refuse to provide explicit clarity to their audience in that regard...

veryfuller
Staff
AG
tHeY hAvE nO pLaN!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Once and for all, Gunn or someone just needs to set the record straight on this whole mess.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Once and for wall, Gunn or someone just needs to set the record straight on this whole mess.
2 edits and you kept the "wall".
First Page Last Page
Page 216 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.