*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,383 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
Forum Troll
AG
That actually looks good.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
"DCEU" is no more. It's "The World of DC" from here on out.
AgMarauder04
AG
Forum Troll said:

That actually looks good.

ITS A TRAP
toucan82
TCTTS said:

I'm not calling it that until they put out two good movies in a row
TCTTS
AG
Nope.

Forum Troll
Ulrich
Is it just me or did 7-8 separate lines in that trailer fall completely flat?

The war sharks looked pretty cool though.
rhutton125
AG
Hmm. Shazam stock is up, Aquaman stock is down in my eyes. One has jokes that land, the other doesn't at all.
AliasMan02
AG
Ulrich said:

Is it just me or did 7-8 separate lines in that trailer fall completely flat?

Arthur as a kid was by far the most compelling/interesting thing in the trailer.
Ulrich
rhutton125 said:

Hmm. Shazam stock is up, Aquaman stock is down in my eyes. One has jokes that land, the other doesn't at all.

Maybe jokes from Aquaman can't land. BECAUSE OF THE FISH THING.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Shazam looks like it has potential. Aquaman went about as expected.
Quad Dog
AG
Why is the Shazam teaser trailer longer than the Aquaman official trailer?
TajMaballer
AG
Quad Dog said:

Why is the Shazam teaser trailer longer than the Aquaman official trailer?

I think there's heavier lifting in getting general audiences to know about Shazam. I think it did a good job of explaining the character basics, while also giving a general idea about the movie. Big with Superhero Powers is a great sell.
YouBet
AG
Will take the opposite opinion. Shazam looked ok up until they showed Shazam. Looked terrible after that. I'm out until VOD. Wife agreed.

Aquaman looked awesome. It was a little awkward looking over at my wife during the trailer and questioning in my mind if she was literally orgasming though. Her only words: "I will see that."
fig96
AG
The design in Aquaman looks incredible. Had some fun moments, and while the humor fell a bit flat in spots I'm at least super intrigued by the world and the action sequences looked awesome.

As far as Shazam, maybe it's that Zachary Levi is so damn likeable but that looks like a lot of fun. If they can nail the tone, which is admittedly the DCU's major shortcoming, that could be really good.
Micah97
AG
Wife and I enjoyed both trailers. Look forward to seeing both in the theatre.
AgMarauder04
AG
I like the redesign of the under water effects. Much better than JL.
AgLiving06
My first take on Aquaman was that it had a very similar feel to Black Panther (though with Aquaman being the outsider).

IronRed13
AG
Ulrich said:

bearamedic99
AG
I finally saw JL for the first time, still haven't seen WW. I don't have the stars to pull up the JL thread.

JL wasn't horrible. The CGI was odd near the end with the purple stuff expanding from the mother boxes (which I did not understand what it was or why it was). Steppenwolf and the parademons were not bad, I just didn't understand why they gave Steppenwolf an axe but treated like a hammer or maul; that thing couldn't cut tissue paper.

I was apprehensive about Ezra Miller but enjoyed his act.

This was the first movie with Batman where I actually paused to consider the cost of all of his vehicles and weapons. It seemed beyond over the top.

and yes, I could not stop staring at Supe's upper lip. I knew about the CGI lip ahead of time but still his lip looked off at times.

Sorry that I missed this one in theaters and will see the next JL movie in a theater.

I'm mostly a marvel fanboy but read a lot of GL books so I can't wait for the GL Corps movie.
bearamedic99
AG
also, were Steppenwolf's travel tunnels "boom tubes" or are boom tubes strictly for Apocalypse's crowd?
AgfromHOU
AG
bearamedic99 said:

also, were Steppenwolf's travel tunnels "boom tubes" or are boom tubes strictly for Apocalypse's crowd?

They were boom tubes. Cyborg is also capable of boom tubes, but the movie version hasn't realized this yet.
jackie childs
fig96 said:

As far as Shazam, maybe it's that Zachary Levi is so damn likeable but that looks like a lot of fun. If they can nail the tone, which is admittedly the DCU's major shortcoming, that could be really good.
i'm excited about Shazam and pulling for Levi
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I finally saw JL for the first time, still haven't seen WW. I don't have the stars to pull up the JL thread.

JL wasn't horrible. The CGI was odd near the end with the purple stuff expanding from the mother boxes (which I did not understand what it was or why it was). Steppenwolf and the parademons were not bad, I just didn't understand why they gave Steppenwolf an axe but treated like a hammer or maul; that thing couldn't cut tissue paper.

This was the first movie with Batman where I actually paused to consider the cost of all of his vehicles and weapons. It seemed beyond over the top.

and yes, I could not stop staring at Supe's upper lip. I knew about the CGI lip ahead of time but still his lip looked off at times.

Sorry that I missed this one in theaters and will see the next JL movie in a theater.

I'm mostly a marvel fanboy but read a lot of GL books so I can't wait for the GL Corps movie.
Seems a fair enough review. I enjoyed it for what it was - and admittedly geeked out over having all these DC characters gracing the same screen together for the first time - but I thought the story was weak and Steppenwolf should have been so much more a menacing villain than what they gave us. But yeah, I'll definitely see a second JL if they ever get the notion of making it. With DC's focus on multiple Joker movies, even one about the Joker's mom, I'm not terribly encouraged that they'll do another JL.
bearamedic99
AG
one thing occurred to me later on. With DC's darker universe, they seem less family and kid friendly. Am I wrong?
TCTTS
AG
This cast...

AustinAg2K
It sucks for DC, but I think Heath Ledger ruined the Joker for at least another decade. I just can't see anyone else in the role. DC needs to focus on some of the other Batman villains for a while. Batman probably has the best Rogue's Gallery of any comic, but all you ever hear about is the Joker now days.
FTACO97
AG
AustinAg2K said:

It sucks for DC, but I think Heath Ledger ruined the Joker for at least another decade. I just can't see anyone else in the role. DC needs to focus on some of the other Batman villains for a while. Batman probably has the best Rogue's Gallery of any comic, but all you ever hear about is the Joker now days.
This.
AustinAg2K
bearamedic99 said:

I can't remember if I posted thoughts after I saw JL a couple of weeks ago on HBO, but I thought the movie was garbage. Wonder Woman seems like the only character properly cast. I like the tv Flash better. This one just seemed like he was trying to be DC's answer to Tom Holland's Spiderman. I thought Affleck was ok as Batman in BvS, but he was terrible here. I think DC already needs to reboot everything with a whole new cast.

Also, and this is true for Marvel too, I'm tired of the villian always being some all powerful god or alien. What happened to the psycho rich billionaire who wants to take over the world? Or super powerful soldier had their body mutated by a nuclear accident? Super aliens/gods coming down from space are starting to bore me.
AustinAg2K
bearamedic99 said:

one thing occurred to me later on. With DC's darker universe, they seem less family and kid friendly. Am I wrong?

My son is 9 and my daughter is 6. They love everything about the MCU. They don't care about anything in DC... so you're probably not wrong.
hurleyag
AG
That is a big name for the Joker's mother!
TCTTS
AG
Mother ****er.
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.