*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,453 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think you're misinterpreting that tweet. She was their first choice, but told them no. She passed. So now they're going to try and find another big name for the part.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

I think you're misinterpreting that tweet. She was their first choice, but told them no. She passed. So now they're going to try and find another big name for the part.
Ah. Ok.
rhutton125
AG
"When are we casting Green Lantern?"

"We're too busy trying to ace the casting for Joker's mom."
FL_Ag1998
AG
Ulrich said:

A. Martha
B. I don't really think the Joker should have an origin story

This right here. Joker should never have an origin story. Just another example of how DC films is getting it completely wrong.
_lefraud_
AG
bthomas98 said:

I'm convinced that no one at DC/WB likes their comic properties. The beauty of the Joker is that his origin is a mystery; ...have it be several different POVs from Joker victims. Let the audience decide which was the actual origin.

This would be awesome, so no chance DC has thought about it
AgfromHOU
AG
This movie will either be completely awful or absolutely hilarious

rhutton125
AG
I love Chuck so I hope he's good. But I can't say I'm very intrigued so far. Maybe SDCC will do the trick.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh God. Joker's MOM? Seriously?

Please let this die.
Dro07
AG
Joker's mom, has got it going on...
YouBet
AG
Yeah, I'm not excited at all by Shazam. I'm assuming they are going to follow the Starlord personality with him based on the vibe they are putting off so far.
Dro07
AG
Shazam is pretty much a kid in an adult body... so ya Chris Pratt.
YouBet
AG
dromo07 said:

Shazam is pretty much a kid in an adult body... so ya Chris Pratt.

Well, from what I've read (which is not much) his character in the comics is not like that despite this fact.
MooreTrucker
AG
Ulrich said:

A. Martha
B. I don't really think the Joker should have an origin story
Speaking of such, is anyone watching Gotham? This season is really focused on the villians, and the juxtaposition of the Joker (who isn't called that yet) and Batman (who isn't fully there yet) is quite interesting. Both origins very closely linked, which fits the recent versions of the characters well. Batman/Catwoman as well.

Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, the Sirens, and the chick with the flamethrower are all developing into their fully formed villain selves as well. I think Lee Thompkins is going to be someone as well but I'm not sure who.
Dro07
AG
Oh i agree with you but you can't take comic books for the DCEU as source material unfortunately
TCTTS
AG
October 4, 2019. Also, the official title is now Joker...

TCTTS
AG
This now gives DC three movies in 2019, their most in a single year to date...

04.05.19 - Shazam!
10.04.19 - Joker
11.01.19 - Wonder Woman 1984

Birds of Prey begins filming in January, so that could technically make for a December '19 release, but I seriously doubt DC releases three movies three months in a row. I'm guessing that will likely be a Spring 2020 release.

Hopefully this Saturday at Comic-Con DC announces dates for that, the rest of their 2020 slate, and beyond (including The Batman, Man of Steel 2, etc.).
Dro07
AG
Joker isn't part of DCEU right?
TCTTS
AG
No. It's part of their off-shoot DC thing that still doesn't have an official name, which will likely be officially announced come Saturday.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

No. It's part of their off-shoot DC thing that still doesn't have an official name, which will likely be officially announced come Saturday.
This is part of DC's problem. It's a character who we have SEEN in part of the DCEU, but this one isn't part of the DCEU. They need to hit hard stop. Pause for 5 years, retool, and come up with a plan instead of just throwing crap against a wall and hope it sticks.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed, but that'll never happen. Instead, it sounds like they're going to officially separate them and say "THESE are the DCEU movies..." and "THESE are the [untitled stand alone] movies..." with some kind of differentiating marketing/logos. But even that is going to be confusing for casual fans, so I don't know what the answer is (save for starting over, of course).

I could maybe see WB even moving away from the "DCEU" moniker altogether. Now that they're not building toward another Justice League, and are apparently going to be instead focusing on solo / single character movies for the next few years (with potential cameos in each every so often - for instance Superman in Shazam!), maybe they just say screw it and have multiple universes and multiple single-character series, and leave the idea of the DCEU behind...

- Aquaman could keep going on his own after this next movie, no problem.

- Same for Superman, Flash, and the Birds of Prey gang (each title having separate movies/stories).

- Wonder Woman could continue having solo adventures in that huge gap from 1984 to 2015.

- And finally, they could (and likely will) just start over with Batman in a completely different universe, maybe eventually weaving it in with the Joker movie/universe.

In other words, I bet we never see - or even have a need for - Affleck's Batman ever again. The Justice League as we know them will each continue having solo adventures, while Batman and the Joker will either toil in their own, separate universe (the smart play) - or - have two separate universes between them (making for THREE universes altogether under the DC - i.e. the dumb play).

Regardless, they really need to announce some kind of plan at Comic-Con. Otherwise, this is going to get super confusing super fast...
Sex Panther
AG
They're basically "comic-ing" their movies. Here's DCEU. And here's DC Earth 2. And here's Joker New 52! And here's Batman 616... etc

And I'll let you in on a little secret... comics are way too ****ing confusing.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TCTTS
AG
That's probably a great analogy and an even better conclusion.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

That's probably a great analogy and an even better conclusion.

Especially when your audience is primarily casual fans, not comic readers.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
My feeling would be to label the DCEU movies Justice League i.e. Justice League:Aquaman or something similar. I think it's dumb to have the other universe but if you're going to do it, that's how I'd brand it.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
TCTTS said:

October 4, 2019. Also, the official title is now Joker...

The Joker is my favorite comic villain out there, but I have no interest in seeing an origin movie about him or any film where he's not fighting Batman. The reason Joker is a fun character is because he's the perfect foil for Batman and plays off him so great. Neither character would be as compelling without the other.

DC continues to disappoint. (Though I am looking forward to hearing more about Wonder Woman 1984.)
Thanks and gig'em
Ulrich
So... they are trying to imitate Star Wars' main line+standalone universe instead of Marvel's sprawling single storyline, except make the standalones distinct with potentially conflicting storylines?

That's a bold move, let's see if it pays off for them.
rhutton125
AG
The Birds of Prey members were recently announced or leaked and it sounded pretty spare. I didn't know any of the members besides Harley. I could be wrong, or maybe that info is wrong - we'll find out this weekend!
Dro07
AG
Teen Titans dropped...

Dont forge to sign up for DC streaming to watch this... only 7.99 a month!
big-ag
AG
Good golly, is the entire movie at night?
Dro07
AG
No buddy! Its a TV show so 8-10 episodes of DARKNESS!
MooreTrucker
AG
dromo07 said:

Teen Titans dropped...

Dont forge to sign up for DC streaming to watch this... only 7.99 a month!
Talk about not knowing any of the members but one....
Quad Dog
AG
It lost me when Robin killed a dude.
MooreTrucker
AG
Quad Dog said:

It lost me when Robin killed a dude.
And said "F*** Batman" They're going all "dark" on this one.
AgfromHOU
AG
I think DC is about to lose me as a fan. This and rumors of Harley Quinn movies every year starting in 2020..
YouBet
AG
Looks cool to me but I have zero loyalty or affinity to that comic since I know nothing about it.
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.