*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,544 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chris Pine not being in the sequel is up there with wondering if Superman was really dead in Justice League
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. And it looks like WB/DC learned their lesson this time around.
TCTTS
AG

Dro07
AG
Members Only jackets about to start making a comeback!
hurleyag
AG
TCTTS said:

Two things:

- The official title is now Wonder Woman 1984

- With the official announcement earlier this week of Geoff Johns writing Green Lantern Corps, I don't think it's a coincidence that they're revealing Pine's return this early, just two days later. I could be way off, but as rumored, I definitely think there's a connection there.
I still think he found the ring that was shown flying off during the flashback battle on Themyscira in Justice League.
TCTTS
AG
I don't remember that, but that would definitely be a cool way to make it all make sense.
Dro07
AG
Or he is green lantern
Brick Tamland
I wish they had just used Pine as Hal Jordan from the get go
TCTTS
AG
In addition to the all the Wonder Woman news today, a big story on the DCEU dropped this morning as well from The Hollywood Reporter. In summary...

- After some major shakeups in the last two weeks - Geoff Johns out as Chief Creative Officer - Walter Hamada, known for "The Conjuring" universe, has been named the president of DC Entertainment-based film. Hamada inherited a slate in disarray and has quietly spent months sorting through projects. "He walked into a sh*tshow, and he's trying to clean it up," says one insider familiar with the scene. Hamada has spent months going over the projects in development, culling certain ones, elevating others, keeping an eye on the big marquee heroes while also developing lesser-known characters that could pop big.

- There are still two potential Joker features in the works - one starring Jared Leto and another starring Joaquin Phoenix, that Todd Phillips will direct. Phillips' movie, expected to begin shooting in the fall, is budgeted at about $55 million, a fraction of most superhero pics, and may be launched under a new label that could be branded with a name like "DC Dark" or "DC Black."

- The Flash will finally begin production in early 2019 with Ezra Miller starring, and has abandoned the somber themes it had been expected to tackle. The film now has the Game Night team of John Francis Daly and Jonathan Goldstein on board, and it's looking to Back to the Future as a touchstone.

- Margot Robbie figures in the female-centric Birds of Prey, a Harley Quinn spinoff film that is moving along with Sundance filmmaker Cathy Yan attached to direct.

- Meanwhile, a Batgirl movie, which had been in development with Joss Whedon before losing the director in February, is currently on track with Bumblebee screenwriter Christina Hodson penning a script.

- The big question mark going forward is the future of Batman. Writer-director Matt Reeves turned in the first act of a new screenplay during the Memorial Day weekend. It's said to focus on a young caped crusader, and while the studio would not comment, it's unlikely that Ben Affleck, who has played Batman in three features, will again don the cowl. (That's now TWO trades who have reported this news. So I'd say it's all but official now).

Brick Tamland
Excited about the Flash movie
TCTTS
AG
Again, I'm betting all of this is sussed out / officially announced next month at Comic-Con.

With the Aquaman trailer dropping either later this week or early next, they'll likely show additional footage for that at Comic-Con, along with first-look footage from Shazam! and Wonder Woman 1984.

Hopefully they then officially announce:

- The release date for The Flash.

- The release date for Birds of Prey.

- The release date for Green Lantern Corps.

- The release date for Man of Steel 2.

- And then, once and for all, explain what the hell is going on with The Batman, along with this whole "DC Dark" thing. Does Reeves' reboot play into that or no? Will it be its own thing? Why two Joker movies? And can they please just cancel both?
Murder Hornet
AG
Dear Hollywood,

Please, please, please do not include the origin story (crime alley) in anymore Batman movies. We've got it by now and for new fans just watch the old Batman movies.

Just drop us in to him fighting crime and kicking ass.

Sincerely,
Movie watchers
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
They've already said you saw Batman's origin in BVS and you won't see it again
fig96
AG
Brick Tamland said:

They've already said you saw Batman's origin in BVS and you won't see it again
We could make a rather long list of things DC has said were going to happen

We literally just had a young Batman from Nolan and now...here we go again. I would love to see a true Year One film though.
hurleyag
AG

20 second mark
TCTTS
AG
Oh, wow.
TCTTS
AG
Three trades have now confirmed this. I'd say it's a done deal. Affleck is out...

Dro07
AG
So is this a prequel to the BvS Batman or is this a dif batman all together? Lord this is confusing.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. No one has any idea. My guess is that this will be part of "DC Dark" or whatever the hell that is. And that Affleck's Batman likely just wont show up anymore in the DCEU, or might cameo from time to time. I guess they could both exist simultaneously, like both Jokers, in two different universes, but who knows.
big-ag
AG
Maybe Flash gets sent back in time by a Batman that looks like Ben Affleck to work with a younger Batman that looks nothing like the older version. Dark Knight of Futures Past?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Maybe Flash can go back and stop the Waynes from being killed.....thereby negating EVERY SINGLE BATMAN MOVIE EVER MADE.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm thinking Flash infiltrates multiple levels of Batman's dream to incept some idea , and in each level Batman gets younger and there's a different Joker
Bruce Almighty
AG
Batman Begins Part 2
Brick Tamland
I hope not. I hope it's just part of the main continuity with a new Batman actor, but still be the same character.
TCTTS
AG
Which would mean it'd likely be set in the late '90s, right as the Schumacher films were wreaking havoc...
Brick Tamland
I wouldn't care if it was present day with a new actor. I do think it'll be a prequel of sorts. I hope it's like a zero year or year one situation, or the immediate aftermath of Robin's death. I was the Leto Joker movie to deal directly with Robin's death.
TCTTS
AG
They're saying it's a definitely a younger Batman. That bit of news has already been established. So it's either a new Batman in a different universe, or it's a younger version of Affleck's Batman, which would be kind of weird.
jackie childs
me following DC news:

YouBet
AG
Is having two Jokers simply to hedge their bets against Leto tanking again? Freaking dumb to already have two movies in the making with same character but different actors.
TCTTS
AG
I truly do not understand it. NO ONE wants a Leto Joker movie. Not even the hardcore, weirdo DC/Snyder fanboys. I'm really hoping WB heard the backlash to that news loud and clear and realizes how stupid it is. Then again, this is DC we're talking about...
TCTTS
AG
Brick Tamland
Also first look at Nicole Kidman as Queen Atlanna

Dro07
AG
who is the red head?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Mera (played by Amanda Heard)
First Page Last Page
Page 86 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.