*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,563 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
Forum Troll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Geoff Johns is launching a new company called Mad Ghost Productions, focusing on creating content in film, television and comic books. In addition, Johns plans to work on several other DC properties, the first being the Green Lantern Corps movie from Warner Brothers.
Quote:

Geoff Johns' Mad Ghost Productions confirms that Warner Bros. and DC Film's Green Lantern Corps will feature Hal Jordan and John Stewart.
http://www.madghostproductions.com/about/

Quote:

Under this new deal, one of Johns' first film projects will be Warner Bros. Pictures' "Green Lantern Corps," based on his New York Times bestselling series that saw an impressive nine-year run, spawning additional spin-off titles and comic book events. Johns will write and be a producer on the film. Additionally, he co-wrote and executive produced "Aquaman," which releases worldwide December 21, and is writing and executive producing the second installment of the "Wonder Woman" franchise with director Patty Jenkins, releasing in November 2019. New Line's "Shazam!," slated for an April 2019 release, is based on his original graphic novel.

On the television side, Johns co-developed and is executive producer and writer on the first original series for the upcoming DC Universe digital service, "Titans," with Akiva Goldsman and Greg Berlanti. Johns also wrote the "Titans" episode "Doom Patrol" that is spinning off into its own 13-episode original series for the digital service. He is executive producing alongside Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Jeremy Carver. He has also been crucial in helping build the DC television empire and co-developed The CW's most successful superhero show, "The Flash." Alongside Peter Roth and WBTV, he has helped launch over a dozen additional hit television series such as "Arrow," "Gotham," "iZombie," "Supergirl" and "Black Lightning," among others.

His publishing projects will include a new pop-up slate of comic books under the banner of "The Killing Zone" focusing on new and lesser known DC characters and titles. Johns will also be writing a Shazam! comic book series scheduled to be out in the fall. In addition, he will continue to write the commercial and critical hit "Doomsday Clock," a comic book series illustrated by Gary Frank that collides the DC universe with the Watchmen universe, as well as the upcoming "Three Jokers," illustrated by Jason Fabok.

TCTTS
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
Reboot of what? Another origin story? He's to old. Or are we just pretending BvS and Justice League doesn't exist,
Sex Panther
AG
They screwed this up so bad... and because of Wonder Woman's success they are stuck between a rock and a hard place with the "universe"
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Reboot of what? Another origin story? He's to old. Or are we just pretending BvS and Justice League doesn't exist,

I'd be fine with that.
Belton Ag
AG
Sex Panther said:

They screwed this up so bad... and because of Wonder Woman's success they are stuck in the between a rock and a hard place with the "universe"
Exactly. Wonder Woman is so tied in with Superman vs Affleck Batman and Justice League Affleck Batman I'm not sure there's any way they can detach her from it.

Why can't they just continue on as is but with better writing and filmmaking? I don't see how you can nuke the franchise and keep Wonder Woman intact.
rhutton125
AG
Popcorn icon

I never had any reason to have any animosity for DC, but when they announced than their mild-hit Man of Steel was being followed by 10 other films over the next ~5 years, they really lost me. Clearly some execs in a boardroom saw Marvel making billions a year and said "let's do that" and the results have been kind of hilarious.

I feel for DC fans. It's nothing personal. I just had such a lack of respect for the executives that thought they could replicate the Marvel formula overnight and print money.
fig96
AG
DC has this one step forward/six or seven steps back thing going on that's getting really annoying.

The fact that they can't make more than one good film with all the source material in the world is concerning.
Brick Tamland
Why do they even need to reboot if it's because of Affleck? Just change the actor and move on. They had 3 different people play Batman in the 90s as sequels to each other.

At this point I'm just close to going all in on Marvel.
Brick Tamland
I'm hoping it just means rebooting the Batman character with a new actor
TCTTS
AG
Aquaman trailer just premiered at CineEurope...

TCTTS
AG
And it does sound like the trailer is coming in the next week or so potentially, so we likely aren't going to have to wait until Comic-Con next month.
Brick Tamland
https://instagr.am/p/Bj5vJTFBWaq
bearamedic99
AG
I really hope GL does not jump right away into Darkest Night and Brightest Day stuff with all the various lantern colors but first establishes itself.
TCTTS
AG
Brick Tamland
This is purely a rumor
Brick Tamland
I hope not.. I'm ready to move on from a DC with Snyder.
Brick Tamland
Sinestro Corps War would be cool to start off, or hint at it in the first movie
Forum Troll
AG
Didn't Matt Reeves confirm that The Batman would be part of the DCEU? How can it possibly be a reboot then?
TCTTS
AG
Brick Tamland said:

This is purely a rumor
Right. As the article clearly states.
Brick Tamland
That was in reply to my own post, not yours. Should have quoted it, sorry.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Great. Another version of Justice League I have no desire to purchase.
Forum Troll
AG
https://batman-news.com/2018/06/12/first-aquaman-trailer-is-coming-this-week/

Quote:

Warner Bros. showed off previews of their upcoming movies at a conference called CineEurope in Barcelona, Spain yesterday. Variety was in attendance and said that the first Aquaman trailer was shown. They say that it will be released to the world in the next few days.

That means the first trailer for Aquaman is coming this week! Director James Wan had said it was coming soon, and it looks like we won't have to wait until Comic-Con next month after all. With the trailer dropping this week, it'll be able to be played in theaters with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom next week, the sequel to 2015's $1.6 billion surprise hit.

Brick Tamland
I'd be willing to watch it once, just out of curiosity. I wouldn't buy it though because I'm not a fan of non-canon material.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I'd be willing to watch it once, just out of curiosity. I wouldn't buy it though because I'm not a fan of non-canon material.
Non-canon material?

Dude, you just described then entire DCEU.
Render
AG
Potential way for DC to un-**** itself:

I heard an idea wherein the Snyder-universe JL is the evil version of the JL, and that the true, good JL exists in a different dimension. So you have some kind of time-space event happen that reboots the universe with the true JL.

DC can explain away the Synder-universe as being an alternative dimension; Wonder Woman can then join the true JL, because there isn't a WW in that dimension.

Convoluted, I know, but I don't think people would care too much at this point.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

"Just to let you know...you are creating different timelines."
Brick Tamland
Super Sons Vol. 1 is available for digital discount right now. $6 for the graphic novel.
bearamedic99
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

"Just to let you know...you are creating different timelines."

God, that show never got the love it deserved. I'm still waiting on the movie.
bearamedic99
AG
thanks!
Dro07
AG
So some pictures have been released for Wonder woman... I guess they don't care about a characters spoiler...

Did I miss them stating that Chris Pines character is still alive? Or are they doing it where she see him as a hallucination? I guess it could be his son/grandson?
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
Considering he was in a track suit, I'm guessing not a hallucination, but probably not the same actual character. He would be way too old in 1984 to look like that.
TCTTS
AG
If the studio/director officially releases the pic as literally the first piece of marketing for the entire movie, I think it's safe to say it's not a spoiler...

TCTTS
AG
Two things:

- The official title is now Wonder Woman 1984

- With the official announcement earlier this week of Geoff Johns writing Green Lantern Corps, I don't think it's a coincidence that they're revealing Pine's return this early, just two days later. I could be way off, but as rumored, I definitely think there's a connection there.
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.