*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,442 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Warner Bros. just confirmed at CinemeCon that Affleck directing a solo Batman movie is officially a done deal.
TCTTS
AG

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Warner Bros. just confirmed at CinemeCon that Affleck directing a solo Batman movie is officially a done deal.

This is exciting news. I was really hoping they'd do a Court of Owls movie, and that seems like the perfect story for Affleck to take on... but the more I thought about it, the more I realize there's no way they go with a story without one of the established villains.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

This is exciting news. I was really hoping they'd do a Court of Owls movie, and that seems like the perfect story for Affleck to take on... but the more I thought about it, the more I realize there's no way they go with a story without one of the established villains.
As we've discussed before I'd love to see that too, but anything he does is bound to be a step up.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

As we've discussed before I'd love to see that too, but anything he does is bound to be a step up.

He could lay a deuce, put on the batsuit on it, and call it batdookie and it would be a step up.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
it's going to take a lot out of Affleck to top this:

fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
it's going to take a lot out of Affleck to top this:

I would totally not be surprised to be Lego Batman be the best Batfilm yet released.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I said it on the other thread, but if the Lego Batman movie was just Batman returning to the Batcave after a night of saving Gotham (yet again) and then it was just him f-ing around his mansion for 90 minutes........I'd see that movie 10 times.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-adds-willem-dafoe-880889

First JK Simmons and now Willem Dafoe.

Following the pattern, next will be Kirsten Dunst as a villain?
MooreTrucker
AG
Found this on Twitter tonight:

Perfect Live Action JLA
AliasMan02
AG
Been watching the Bruce Timm Justice League series for the first time in years and years. There's not a single one of these multi-parters that wouldn't have been a better basis for a Justice League flick than what they're set to roll out.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Been watching the Bruce Timm Justice League series for the first time in years and years. There's not a single one of these multi-parters that wouldn't have been a better basis for a Justice League flick than what they're set to roll out.

Both Justice League and Justice League Unlimited were fantastic shows. I watch them from time to time. The DC Animated Universe is fantastic.
AgMarauder04
AG
I would kill for a Justice League Gods and Monsters live action movies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Any of the DCAU series would have been a better basis than what we've been given. Though unlike the MCU (Fiege) and the DCAU (Timm), there is no one captaining this apparent misadventure they're calling the DCEU that so far includes MoS and BvS.
scubasteve304
AG
Maybe someone better versed in the comics can explain to me. I still don't understand at what point cyborg became such a major part of the justice league and some sort of fan favorite in every iteration. It makes no sense to me. He's very Meh and never showed up in the Timmverse but now he's in every animated movie and gets his own solo movie? Is it a new 52 thing? Are fans on board with it and like him or is he just accepted cause they're being forced to.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Maybe someone better versed in the comics can explain to me. I still don't understand at what point cyborg became such a major part of the justice league and some sort of fan favorite in every iteration. It makes no sense to me. He's very Meh and never showed up in the Timmverse but now he's in every animated movie and gets his own solo movie? Is it a new 52 thing? Are fans on board with it and like him or is he just accepted cause they're being forced to.

I think the current generation that were raised on Teen Titans are what drives it. He's also another black character, which is a bonus, and it makes sense to have a tech hero in this day and age.
AgMarauder04
AG
I know when the DCAU rebooted with Flashpoint Paradox, the first true Justice League Movie was War. He played a major role.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I know when the DCAU rebooted with Flashpoint Paradox, the first true Justice League Movie was War. He played a major role.

That story for War, including Cyborg's part in it, came long after he became mainstream.

And the current DCAU isn't a continuity. They are all just one offs.
toucan82

I hope one of them is the squirrel
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

That story for War, including Cyborg's part in it, came long after he became mainstream.

And the current DCAU isn't a continuity. They are all just one offs.

A few are continuous with each other.
jeffk
AG
Never read much of the GL comics. I know there's yellow light stuff, but are there a bunch of colors of rings/lanterns?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

I want Mogo.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

But in seriousness, it says 3 from Earth? Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kyle Raynor?
scubasteve304
AG
quote:
quote:

I think the current generation that were raised on Teen Titans are what drives it. He's also another black character, which is a bonus, and it makes sense to have a tech hero in this day and age.
Thanks Alias, that's what I was looking for. I forgot about the Teen Titans aspect. The tech and diversity part I figured a little but it kept confusing me why every one off animated movie had him as a heavy hitter. I guess as with most things, I just kinda have to go with it and not be so devoted to the Timmverse.
wangus12
AG

I'd be cool with this.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

I'd be cool with this.

This has been a long rumored Spawn project as well, where Spawn is basically unseen through the movie a la Jaws.
fig96
AG
quote:

I'd be cool with this.
The scene in BvS where we first saw Batman (heavily borrowed from the comic if I recall) was one of the best in the film, and something like that.
rhutton125
AG
The Flash director has left the project, and now the rumor is that the Aquaman director could be leaving too
Bruce Almighty
AG
That ain't good
Murder Hornet
AG
DC saying no mas?
TCTTS
AG
I really hope so.
Sex Panther
AG
Sex Panther
AG
Meanwhile at Marvel Studios...

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I really hope so.

Is the DC Cinematic Universe dying?
AliasMan02
AG
Been on life support almost since day 1.
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.