*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,114 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Apparently Shaquille O'Neal was not happy about not being able to reprise his role.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--IlXuyat4--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/l1qewzcigpqo8qzuxjf4.gif

Dude that's Shazam not Steel

You just embarrassed yourself..
Kazaam

I'm so embarrassed... I wish everyone else was dead

Dammit.
jeffk
AG
Don't worry, he's out of wishes.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
You guys can't honestly think that the CW Flash and Arrow should be in the movies?

Those shows are pretty good and guilty pleasures I admit. But they're also ridiculously cheesy. The tone, the dialogue, the development, the settings... none of it matches up at all with the movies. They are not going to ask Ben Affleck and Jared Leto to share a universe with the CW.

Comics have always had different interpretations of characters. There can be a tv universe and a movie one at the same time. And while I don't think Ezra Miller is a good choice by any means, I definitely understand using different actors in the films.

It's not that people think they should use the TV properties as movies, but it's just weird that DC would create two different versions of their properties that are bound to be compared against each other, in essence competing.
redline248
AG
In the new Batman vs Superman, is Affleck's Batman supposed to be an established character from any other Batman media? Or is he just generic Batman that we don't bother needing a backstory?
Dro07
AG
quote:
In the new Batman vs Superman, is Affleck's Batman supposed to be an established character from any other Batman media? Or is he just generic Batman that we don't bother needing a backstory?
we get the back story from the trailer you can see Bruces dad getting killed and is probably a generic story behind him.
redline248
AG
Right, but no training or learning to be Batman? Just coming out of retirement, not tied to the Nolan series or any other?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Right, but no training or learning to be Batman? Just coming out of retirement, not tied to the Nolan series or any other?

He's established in this world already but we've never seen him before.

He's older and headed towards the end of his career. This movie is greatly inspired by The Dark Knight Returns which saw an older Batman come out of retirement and beat Superman's ass in a big metal suit just like from the trailers.

Look for this film, and Suicide Squad to fill in some of the gaps of his past with flashbacks or dialogue. In this movie he's already fought and defeated the Joker and other villains (probably most of the Suicide Squad), and it looks like he had a Robin who died, most likely at the hands of the joker.
redline248
AG
Got it
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
You guys can't honestly think that the CW Flash and Arrow should be in the movies?

Those shows are pretty good and guilty pleasures I admit. But they're also ridiculously cheesy. The tone, the dialogue, the development, the settings... none of it matches up at all with the movies. They are not going to ask Ben Affleck and Jared Leto to share a universe with the CW.

Comics have always had different interpretations of characters. There can be a tv universe and a movie one at the same time. And while I don't think Ezra Miller is a good choice by any means, I definitely understand using different actors in the films.

It's not that people think they should use the TV properties as movies, but it's just weird that DC would create two different versions of their properties that are bound to be compared against each other, in essence competing.

Well that's why they're DC and Marvel is Marvel

I'm not sure there were ever plans to have a Green Arrow movie before the show. Obviously The Flash had to always be in the works so maybe their was some internal disagreements between DC TV and DC Film about how to go about it.

But I don't think they are really competing. Aren't there usually 2 or 3 interpretations of characters in comics going on at the same time. (Ultimate Spider Man, The Amazing Spider Man, etc...) They're just complementary of each other. It may cause fans to compare the two and pick a favorite, but all the public has shown is that it can't get enough super heroes. They'll still go see or watch anything with a cape and mask.
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
I imagine that's the case. I actually prefer it that way. We all know his origin, there's no need to rehash it for the 3rd time in the last 25 years.
Dro07
AG
I am sure there will some graphic novels that accompany these movies to give some back story before the movie comes out. They did that for Superman so more than likely they will do something like that for this
jeffk
AG
You know that someone will dock the film for not having enough back story in their review though.
Whos Juan
AG
Sounds like a job for Armond White
Sex Panther
AG
AliasMan02
AG
A lot of people will be confused that the BvS Batman isn't the Nolan Batman, for sure.
jabberwalkie09
AG
What's this? Mark Hamill will voice the joker once more? Yes please!

http://collider.com/batman-the-killing-joke-mark-hamill-voicing-joker/

quote:
Yesterday in Animation Roundup, we reported that the upcoming animated adaptation of Batman: The Killing Joke might feature Mark Hamill as the voice of the Joker. For those who don't know, Hamill voiced the character in Batman: The Animated Series and in the Batman: Arkham video games.
Snip

quote:
Shortly after the story, sources reached out to us and confirmed that Hamill has already recorded his voice acting for the film, which is due out direct-to-video next year.

AliasMan02
AG
DC, for all its flaws, has top notch animation.
israeliag
AG
Are all the DC animated movies in the same universe (as each other - clearly not part of the live-action universe)?

And why aren't they available on one of the streaming services?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Are all the DC animated movies in the same universe (as each other - clearly not part of the live-action universe)?

The Justice League series is available on Netflix. I did also see that the Batman and Superman animated series were available on Amazon Prime. I think Batman Under the Red Hood was on Netflix at one point, but I don't think it is anymore. I don't know about the rest of the DC animated movies.
israeliag
AG
I don't have the patience for a series... although I would watch these films if readily available:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Aside from the various Timm series, the movies are mostly stand-alone stories or adaptations of favorite comic arcs.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

The Justice League series is available on Netflix. I did also see that the Batman and Superman animated series were available on Amazon Prime. I think Batman Under the Red Hood was on Netflix at one point, but I don't think it is anymore. I don't know about the rest of the DC animated movies.
Yup, a few of the animated films have been sporadically on Netflix but most don't seem to be at this time.

I've rented a few on iTunes for a couple bucks, usually worth it.

I will say that the animated universe is the one thing DC has gotten really right. Marvel's features have been much better as a whole, but the DC animated films are usually very strong adaptations of some great graphic novel stories.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Chris Pine to play Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/466309-chris-pine-locked-to-play-wonder-womans-steve-trevor
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Chris Pine to play Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/466309-chris-pine-locked-to-play-wonder-womans-steve-trevor

That's good casting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently Eisenberg is playing Lex's son, not Lex. Interesting. Makes more sense though.
Dro07
AG
quote:
Apparently Eisenberg is playing Lex's son, not Lex. Interesting. Makes more sense though.
WUUUUUTTTTTT..... So Lex is dead?
Fat Bib Fortuna
Also, Superman and Batman are actually their twin cousins, Koy and Vance
Quad Dog
AG
Was Jon Cryer too busy to reprise his role as Lex's nephew Lenny?
TCTTS
AG
Hahahaha. This is ALMOST as insane as the "Back to the Future II predicts 9/11" thing. Absolutely nuts on the surface, but still kind of sort of intriguing in a looney kind of way...

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3586492
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Literally crazier than the Paul is dead theory.
TXAG 05
AG
Who cares. Star Wars.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Paul?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Paul?
Paul McCartney is actually dead, and replaced by a guy named Billy Shears.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Paul?
Paul McCartney is actually dead, and replaced by a guy named Billy Shears.

Is this some new thing or should I have heard of this? Either way, definitely sounds like its got legs.
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.