*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,126 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't smoke, but I'm pretty sure if I had to do interviews all day long I would be high as kite for every single one.
The Devil
DC finally giving the people the character they want to see

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/05/11/breaking-news-your-first-look-at-lucifer
Dro07
AG
quote:
DC finally giving the people the character they want to see

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/05/11/breaking-news-your-first-look-at-lucifer
Is this a Supernatural spin off?
redline248
AG
quote:
Charming, charismatic and devilishly handsome, Lucifer is enjoying his retirement, indulging in a few of his favorite things wine, women and song when a beautiful pop star is brutally murdered outside of Lux. For the first time in roughly 10 billion years, he feels something awaken deep within him as a result of this murder. Compassion? Sympathy? The very thought disturbs him as well as his best friend and confidante, MAZIKEEN aka MAZE (Lesley-Ann Brandt, "The Librarians"), a fierce demon in the form of a beautiful young woman.
the f_ck?
Dro07
AG
Luci isnt a bad guy... just misunderstood, give the guy another chance
TajMaballer
AG
I just love the fact that the person with the username The Devil is the one to bring us news on a show called Lucifer.
TheCzar
AG
The Lucifer comic series from Vertigo (a Sandman spinoff) was one of the best comic series' I've ever read - and one of Vertigo's better series (IMHO).

This show, on the other hand, looks & sounds like a steaming pile of ****. The only way to do one of these properly is to get a premium channel to option it, or at least go with a harder cable channel. The plot alone for this show is so neutered down that it's unrecognizable from the source material.
swimmerbabe11
It looks like a CW show.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
It looks like a CW show.

It sounds more CW than CW
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
wait so DC is doing a TV show about the flash in the DC universe and they are doing a Flash movie that for the most part will be the condensed version of the show but it may possibly have Sup or Bats or Aqua? Man these DC guys are amazing

Unlike MCU, it'd pretty well established that the DCU will be different in TV and movies. Even Steven Amell got pissed when they announced Miller right after Grant got the lead on the TV show.
LeonardSkinner
quote:
I just love the fact that the person with the username The Devil is the one to bring us news on a show called Lucifer.

A source on the inside?
Tim McCarver
quote:

Check the post #
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haha that guy high as fuuuu
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

Check the post #
He has done this before. He will post some satan related material on post 666. I do remember hearing about the show a few months back and it paid off
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
wait so DC is doing a TV show about the flash in the DC universe and they are doing a Flash movie that for the most part will be the condensed version of the show but it may possibly have Sup or Bats or Aqua? Man these DC guys are amazing

Unlike MCU, it'd pretty well established that the DCU will be different in TV and movies. Even Steven Amell got pissed when they announced Miller right after Grant got the lead on the TV show.
While we know this, it's still kinda annoying. They've spent time establishing the Flash in a pretty good show (from what I've seen) before introducing a rather non-heroic looking Flash in a film...just odd choices.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Hopefully that guy is a really good actor, because he's definately not the flash.
AliasMan02
AG
Again, like Suicide Squad, DC is setting its properties up against each other. It will be tough to outperform Arrow and Flash.
swimmerbabe11
Can we just actually have grant and ezra race? Whoever wins gets to be Flash.

I'll put my money on Gustin.
Sex Panther
AG
You guys can't honestly think that the CW Flash and Arrow should be in the movies?

Those shows are pretty good and guilty pleasures I admit. But they're also ridiculously cheesy. The tone, the dialogue, the development, the settings... none of it matches up at all with the movies. They are not going to ask Ben Affleck and Jared Leto to share a universe with the CW.

Comics have always had different interpretations of characters. There can be a tv universe and a movie one at the same time. And while I don't think Ezra Miller is a good choice by any means, I definitely understand using different actors in the films.
fig96
AG
quote:
You guys can't honestly think that the CW Flash and Arrow should be in the movies?

Those shows are pretty good and guilty pleasures I admit. But they're also ridiculously cheesy. The tone, the dialogue, the development, the settings... none of it matches up at all with the movies. They are not going to ask Ben Affleck and Jared Leto to share a universe with the CW.

Comics have always had different interpretations of characters. There can be a tv universe and a movie one at the same time. And while I don't think Ezra Miller is a good choice by any means, I definitely understand using different actors in the films.
Not at all, I just find zero sense of any kind of unity in ANY of the DC properties across the board, much less in their entire universe. DC has no real brand with it's television and film universe, and as someone who loves Batman and that universe that's frustrating to see.

And if you want to compare, Agents of SHIELD is kinda cheezy at times but they've done a great job making the show part of a cohesive universe with the films.
MooreTrucker
AG

quote:

And if you want to compare, Agents of SHIELD is kinda cheezy at times but they've done a great job making the show part of a cohesive universe with the films.
And they've done it with miminal crossover of characters, save Coulson. All of the others (unless I'm forgetting someone) have been self-contained in either movies or TV but not both.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Apparently Shaquille O'Neal was not happy about not being able to reprise his role.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Apparently Shaquille O'Neal was not happy about not being able to reprise his role.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--IlXuyat4--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/l1qewzcigpqo8qzuxjf4.gif

Dude that's Shazam not Steel

You just embarrassed yourself..
fig96
AG
quote:

quote:

And they've done it with miminal crossover of characters, save Coulson. All of the others (unless I'm forgetting someone) have been self-contained in either movies or TV but not both.
Other than brief appearances for Maria Hill and Agent Carter I believe you're correct.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Other than brief appearances for Maria Hill and Agent Carter I believe you're correct.

Sif was in two episodes, and Hill was in three though with small screen time. Fury showed up at the end of last season. Didn't one of the other shield/hydra agents show up at one point too? Coulson met up with him in a parking garage iirc.
Dro07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Sif was in two episodes, and Hill was in three though with small screen time. Fury showed up at the end of last season. Didn't one of the other shield/hydra agents show up at one point too? Coulson met up with him in a parking garage iirc.
yep aslo Hawkeye is suppose to make a showing sometime soon. DC is just doopid
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--IlXuyat4--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/l1qewzcigpqo8qzuxjf4.gif

Dwayne Johnson isn't playing Shazam? I thought that was what was stated on the first page?

Although I admit the fact that immediately thinking of Shaq when I read Shazam is pretty bad.
Sex Panther
AG
It's a lot easier to have a self contained show about Shield Agents than shows about 2 of your primary heroes. That's one of the reasons Agents of Shield works and Flash and Arrow are now going to have two different actors playing them simultaneously.

And I'm not crazy about Agents of Shield. I don't think it quite lines up with the MCU and you can tell Whedon and others weren't that thrilled about it either. And why wouldn't Coulson be in Avengers 2?
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Ah yeah, forgot about Sif, and I actually haven't seen the end of this past season yet but I did remember hearing rumors that Fury would make an appearance.

And yes, Agent Sitwell makes an appearance in one or two episodes.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
It's a lot easier to have a self contained show about Shield Agents than shows about 2 of your primary heroes. That's one of the reasons Agents of Shield works and Flash and Arrow are now going to have two different actors playing them simultaneously.

And I'm not crazy about Agents of Shield. I don't think it quite lines up with the MCU and you can tell Whedon and others weren't that thrilled about it either. And why wouldn't Coulson be in Avengers 2?
Because Whedon was bitter than Marvel changed his plans
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Pretty much. Like I mentioned before, when he interviewed after AoU it was kind of obvious that the powers that be had a different vision than he did going forward. Coulson being "dead" in a comic universe was a minor thing to overcome so he could be used elsewhere.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Considering Whedon created the series and wrote and directed an ep and his brother has written about a quarter of the episodes I don't know how much room he has to be upset. And I can see Coulson being argued either way with the current SHIELD situation.

And no, it's not perfect. But it makes a solid effort and at least keeps a pretty true continuity, which is much more than can be said for any DC property.
toucan82
quote:
quote:

Kazaam
jabberwalkie09
AG
Whedon tried to distance himself from the show. I forget what he said exactly, but he definitely made it clear that it isn't his baby like firefly, Buffy, or Angel were. I'd imagine that most directors don't like being told where they can go, and where they can't go, especially if they wrote it.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kazaam

I'm so embarrassed... I wish everyone else was dead
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.